It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dave Chappelle Taken Down by Oprah and Co?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think that the disclaimer on the website is pretty straight-forward:

Stating the obvious.

We'd like to thank the bulk of you for not thinking, it makes the satire and parody that much easier. We've been pretty proud of the results so far.

The lawyers have asked that the following disclaimer be placed on this site. It seems that whether they're organized or not, there's some fear that 'they' may look this way.

Absolutely none of the information on this site has been verified to be true and, if you haven't been able to tell, it isn't affiliated with any of the people or companies mentioned on this site. We, however, do truly love Bill Cosby, but, again the lawyers request that we tell you that doesn't mean that he had anything to do with this.

Anti-Social.com - making the information super highway unsafe for idiots since 1997. Back with a vengeance, Spring 2006.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by nothing_pt]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
orangetom1999.. my post was definitly not aimed at you nor anyone. I was simply stating my view on the situation as I saw it.

In response to the Eddie Murphy / Bill Cosby situation.. yes Eddie Murphy did a part in his "Raw" concert where he discussed how Bill Cosby contacted Eddie Murphy about the "language" in his stand up routine saying that it was bad for his children to hear I believe. I guess in a way that plays into what has been said in this thread.

My comments were more addressing the "conspiracy" that someone was forcing Dave to stop doing what he was doing. While it is true that he took a break for a little while, and has not been on Comedy Central, he still has been doing Stand Up around the country. He just did two shows in Nevada this past November where he DID address to some degree why he was not on Comedy Central. He didn't go into great detail but from what he infered, it was due to contract disputes. Sure they offered him something like $50 million dollars, but who knows what stipulations were in that contract.

As far as what he does, if it is good or bad for the black community, political or not, I can not say. I am white, born and raised in NY. I have no insight in to the life or politics of the black community so I certainly am not going to speculate.

Derek

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for your post. That is precisely my beef with many of these comics. They are very vulgar or common so so speak. They use humor in the pattern of what I call the lowest common denominator. I dont watch much comedy to begin with but years ago..the first time I saw Redd Foxx. Up to then I never realized they would transmit such material which was obviously of the lowest common denominator. This has only gotten worse since then. I can see why Bill Cosby would say something.
Thanks again for your post

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's a fake!

The Chappelle Theory Exposed

Neal Brennan is one of the co-creators of the Comedy Central show (he's the white guy on the "I know black people" skit), and everybody knows Charlie Murphy.

How many conspiracy theories have a t-shirt shop?

[edit on 12/28/2005 by chiS2000]

[edit on 12/28/2005 by chiS2000]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is the site of black helicopters and little green men ,but come on now, DC is a millionaire himself. If anyone was harassing him his bodyguards would be there in a blink of an eye. It is a pretty funny read, but obviously a parody.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess until you've been through some type of vaguely similar (though not quite as over the top, I admit, the story has to be greatly embellished, at the very least) or string of similar experiences, it is very hard to give circumstances such as those alluded to here any credibility.

In the words (?) of the great Yogi Berra, "You just never really know until you really know. You know?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000
It's a fake!

Excellent detective work chiS2000!

This means none of it is true and we can expect this story to be part of the new season. Can't wait!

Forget all that stuff about Coz and Oprah. I didn't mean any of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I believe there to be some truth to this story. Farrahkan and Cosby are very closely tied. They own restaurants together in Chicago and belong to an all black social club there as well. They together, have been instrumental in Oprah's success.The whole Oprah hypnosis on white American women is very disturbing. My wife taped her shows this week on terror and the bird flu and said I had to see them. I patiently watched and when see asked what I thought , I told her that it was a very orchestrated fear pitch right from the Neocon playbook. Rumors are that Oprah has attended Bilderburg meetings in the past. I don't see her influence as healthy for Americans.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Thought you all might find this ironic...

CHAPPELLE TO TELL ALL TO WINFREY

Comedian DAVE CHAPPELLE will appear on OPRAH this Friday (03FEB06) in his first TV interview since walking away from his $50 million (GBP27.7 million) television deal.

The comedian is expected to explain to Winfrey what actually happened and address rumours that he suffered a mental breakdown.

Source

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
That is slick. They're going to make nice now, and pretend nothing ever happened. In light of this story, and the speculation surrounding his behavior, and the possible involvement of some sort from her and her supposed cronies, I find this a very interesting development. Oprah has been back-pedaling a bit lately, what with her endorsing some guy's story of recovery that turned out to be embellished at the very least, then going on Larry King live phoning in that it was ok that the guy lied! She turned around and had the guy back on her show,grilled him, even shed a few patented tears over the betrayal during the interview last week, or whenever. She said the whole thing made her look as if she thought the truth wasn't important. It was bad for her credibility. Oooops.

Now she 's going to interview DC about his recent shenanigans. Too bad I can't stand the show. I might watch this one.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good post Icarus,
This smells bigtime. I have a feeling that Dave has little choice but to go on Oprah and have this contrived explaination disected. Dave Chappelle will now be corralled?....We won't notice that his comedy has been squelched?. He has always been an equal opportunity offender. Blacks will now be delt with more delicately in his comedy. Watch and see!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know. Dave going on the show may indicate a truce of sorts, and he may not change his act much at all. I would view that as a victory for him.

Maybe that birdstrike on Oprah's jet was part of a series of unfortunate mishaps that just happened to coincide with this whole DC story. Stranger than fiction, but it happens. Oprah could be trying to shake off the bad juju that came her way when she messed with a straight up, for real (dude) like DC.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Im new here, but this is interesting conversation indeed.
I've noticed some of you believe what has taken place could be quite true.
And others largely doubt it.
Some say, these are human beings(Oprah & the likes), they won't storm into ppls houses & put guns to their heads.
Because they are human beings, it is quite possible for them to do that.
I am what some ppl may consider as paranoid, damn right I am. I trust absolutely no one. becuz of things I have seen in my life, some very disturbing things.
Ppl who have power like Oprah & Cos are quite capable of such things. Now, Im not saying that they did none of the stuff mentioned, but Im not saying they didn't do it.
Dave's on Oprah clearing things up, right?
What celebrities(of any sorts) wants you to see on T.V, is xactly what you're gonna see on T.V.
& when a man is pressured long & hard enuff, he WILL give in.
Oprah is viewed as a goddess in alot of ppls eyez...she definitely wont wanna give dat up...& with power comes the fear of a loss of that power.
& if that power, for some reason is being threatened, the threat WILL be delt with.
Maybe Dave waz on drugs, maybe he waz a lil cookoo, maybe he & comdey central weren't very comfortable with the relatonship, maybe he did somethin to tick somebody off, maybe some ppl see him as a threat, maye it's a combination to all mentioned, some exagerated, others not!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by chiS2000
It's a fake!

Excellent detective work chiS2000!

This means none of it is true and we can expect this story to be part of the new season. Can't wait!

Forget all that stuff about Coz and Oprah. I didn't mean any of it.

I hate to burst too many bubbles, but my friend works at comedy central and the new chappellle shows were previously taped and never aired. No new shows! Just money hungry execs cashing in on the production on the previously aired. I don't cosign on conspiracy, but stranger things have happened.

AAC

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Excuse me???....who makes money on shows sitting in a can....no one!. That and your link goes nowhere!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We will never see a 3rd season of Chappelle Show. This is only too evident.
Instead they will give him a new show in which he will "tailor" his comedy.

:shk:

[edit on 1-2-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Any links to prove this? AAC

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
oprah is powerful, not just regular powerful, but crazy powerful. she's sneaky, because that's the only way any black woman could get as powerful as she is.

Editorial comment.
This is a bit off-topic, but I felt this should be addressed.

I simply do not understand it when people think that a woman must be devious or bedazzling to become powerful.
Whether it is Oprah, Martha Stewart, Condi Rice or any of these powerful women we seem to think that there must be something other than what a man does to become powerful in this world. That she is not intelligent and ambitious like her male counterpart.

I think this is an unfair double standard.
And it goes against ATS' creed deny ignorance

The above was from Don't Tread on Me.

I think it's like this. Hard work will get you far. Some one will hire you. Ambition will get you further, you'll knock some one down to take their place. To make it to the utmost upper echelon one must be devious. You can't make it to the top otherwise.

As Oprah has probably scared people stupid in board rooms to make her way to the top, I'm sure Chappelle told producers "Sure, we'll keep it clean and uncontriversial and funny!" before pulling a stunt or two to get known. If you are on top, you knocked some one down to get there. Whether by brute force or cunning. And you didn't play fair at some point. The reason being? Those playing fair abide by rules and laws. You can't win if the other person doesn't use those same rules and laws. Then even the greatest logic will be beaten.

Saying Oprah made it to the top by being devious is the same as saying ANYONE made it to the top by being devious. The reason, I suppose, that Black and Female were added would be that so many racists and sexist (oh, yes! Those people! They do exist!) would try to keep one like Oprah as a stand in or secretary, and she would have to be even more cunning than a White Male in some areas to be successful.

No doubt she works hard, as most on top do. However, at least some of that hard work is in the area of cunning and deviousness. Or we wouldn't see them on the TV.

mod edit to add quote code

[edit on 3-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

o.p. by sdrawkcab
I am what some ppl may consider as paranoid, damn right I am. I trust absolutely no one. becuz of things I have seen in my life, some very disturbing things.

Oh, yes. There are many a very disturbing thing going on out there. I've seen and felt some of them myself. I relate to the sentiment expressed in your quote above. It keeps me curious, and watchful. Welcome to the board.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by ImJaded

Any links to prove this? AAC

no it is my opinion only, but c'mon now let's just face it, we'll never see the likes of Chappelle's show again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join