It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why couldn't humans have built the pyramids?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
There were inferior pyramids built before the Great Pyramid, such as the Step Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid.

This is a noteable stance to take, it's worth consideration. However, is it re-enforced by the ancient Egyptions, or the modern day Egyptologysts who tell us their decypherings?

There is a lot of evidence that discounts these precepts.

The water erosion on the sphinx for one, which in my mind has not been totally debunked.

The type of erosion that is apparent was due to water damage from rain. And, that kind of rain has not occured in Egypt since 7,000 b.c.

And again, there is the Orion factor.

We put Hubble in space for a reason. To date the big bang, and make it more than a theory. After the mirror imagery problem was fixed . . .. .

SIDENOTE: The Dopplar Effect. The Dopplar Effect is what causes a moving vehicle to sound different as it is coming towards you, than it does when it is going away from you. The same effect can be measured in light.

The Earth's atmosphere blocks out / reflects about 70+ % of all light.

By taking the light reaching us before it hit the atmosphere and breaking the light with use of a prism, they could see which way in space stars were going in respect to us.

Red = going away from us.
Blue = coming towards us.

So, even on a clear night, away from the city lights, you are lucky to see 3 out of every 10 stars that are out there in the night sky.

So, having an excellent pair of eyes outside the atmosphere (Hubble), provided humanity with a means to fully measure the stars, and which way the galaxies were going.

This was back in the mid-90s. Of course, it was not major news, nor was it well recognized by the communities of the world. Truth is people don't really care. But, here was what was discovered:

(Again, this isn't some group of part time astronomers, this was the findings of the worlds best, with the worlds best technology in space)

They looked at 196 different galaxies. And indeed, allot of them were part of a "big bang".

189 different gallaxies around us were all at the same location approximatley 15 billion years ago.

But .. . . . . .. . .

Our galaxy, and the 6 other gallaxies closest to us (were in a cluster of 7) are heading in a way inconsistant with the other 189 galaxies.

hmmm . ..

So, where are we headed?

The belt of Orion

Why is this important?

The layout of Giza.

And, the fact that the ancient Egyptions mythology and legends say the "GOD's from the Heavens" taught them that ORION was the center of our sky.

SO, how did they know? To listen to them, the Gods taught them. But, that's just silly, isn't it?

Or, perhaps they were mapping the location of all the stars for about 120,000 years and figured out which way they were all moving?

Which is more plausible in your mind?

Incidently, a connection with certain stars in Orion, and Giza pyramids, line up around 10,500 b.c.

So, why do some feel humans could not have built the pyramids?

How did they have knowledge we only attained from being outside the Earth's atmosphere with our most sophisticated technology less than 10 years ago?

Answer this question, and I'll believe humanity had no help in their construction.

Or, debunk the findings of the worlds top scientific and astronomical (nice word) minds.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My recollection of it is poor at best, but I thought I read that around 50 million years ago, we passed through Orions belt. Even as I type it I get this strong gut feeling that even if I read that, it is wrong. Gut says its wrong, I'll go with that. So, I wonder if the time period is right? Is it that long a time, or longer.. before we get there? I know I read we came from there.... anyway, I noticed recently that in the Bible, the story of the wise men is written quite ambiguously from one account to the other. It says they followed a star they saw in the east... which I would read as meaning the star was in the east, but apparently not. In another verse it says they came from the east. It was not very clearly written in the first instance, in fact, I'd say it was misleading. There is a point to this. We three kings of Orion are... that was in one of those books about the Pyramid/Orion 'coincidence'.....that they are quite similarly aligned and sized... Well, I looked in my atlas, and noted that Bethlehem is due east from the shore of the nile delta in Egypt. I am tempted to go with the first biblical account, because of that atlas find, the Kings of Orion thing, and the alignment similarity.
I am not at all convinced that Schoch's professional estimate of the time that the precipitation erosion on the Sphinx took, has been debunked. It has been derided, dismissed, discounted, and pronounced to be way off. But none of that is proof he was wrong. I remember reading about him showing photos of the erosion to many other geologists, close ups where you couldn't see it was on the Sphinx. He seemed to suspect he would be booed for his conclusions.... Well, apparently, when the geologists didn't know it was 'the Sphinx', they all agreed it was precip. erosion, and they took no time at all to state that. Apparently it was that obvious to them. Of course, none of them kept that opinion once they knew it was the Sphinx, because it just couldn't be. That is some erosion, so bad that repair blocks have been said to come from Khafre's era. It is impossible for Khafre to have built it if that is true. No amount of rain could have done that. I am not dismissing the alien involvement completely, but I feel that it is also possible that those astronomical observations were made by ancient astronomers. The ancient texts do say that the Gods were here.. thogh, and that is worth considering. I am also with you on the Giza pyramids being much older, for too many reasons to list at this hour. One is that copper is a terrible blade material when you need alot of granite cut. It is the official version that attributes that tool to that era, and hence, what they most likely would have had to use.
I find the other theory more reasonable, skeptical as I am.
So I am still with Schoch, until I see better science that makes more sense to me....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
people could change vibration of stones and get them to fly where they wanted them to when erecting megalilthic structures. Pyrimid of Giza "seems" more special meaning not crude at all (if you want to call Nan Madol" crude.) and so mysterious

arguing about this pyrimid is kind of pointless. It is a map of Orion from pre flood 10,500 bc or so. We forgot the technology (a deluge will do that to ya) we had in the pre flood days, so we are just guessing. Many cultures also indicate in the pre flood days we (humans) had spaceships that ran of magnetic energy so it is probabe that we had some interstellar help with that one as well. I feel that people made it b4 the deluge to not only mark that event, but also keep us guessing so they were never forgotten. All the other pyrimids in Egypt were just copies of the Giza complex, and scientists still will not give up that it was built by khufu

[edit on 12-1-2006 by mosca]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by djohnsto77
There were inferior pyramids built before the Great Pyramid, such as the Step Pyramid and the Bent Pyramid.

This is a noteable stance to take, it's worth consideration. However, is it re-enforced by the ancient Egyptions, or the modern day Egyptologysts who tell us their decypherings?

There is a lot of evidence that discounts these precepts.

The water erosion on the sphinx for one, which in my mind has not been totally debunked.

The type of erosion that is apparent was due to water damage from rain. And, that kind of rain has not occured in Egypt since 7,000 b.c.

And again, there is the Orion factor.

We put Hubble in space for a reason. To date the big bang, and make it more than a theory. After the mirror imagery problem was fixed . . .. .

SIDENOTE: The Dopplar Effect. The Dopplar Effect is what causes a moving vehicle to sound different as it is coming towards you, than it does when it is going away from you. The same effect can be measured in light.

The Earth's atmosphere blocks out / reflects about 70+ % of all light.

By taking the light reaching us before it hit the atmosphere and breaking the light with use of a prism, they could see which way in space stars were going in respect to us.

Red = going away from us.
Blue = coming towards us.

So, even on a clear night, away from the city lights, you are lucky to see 3 out of every 10 stars that are out there in the night sky.

So, having an excellent pair of eyes outside the atmosphere (Hubble), provided humanity with a means to fully measure the stars, and which way the galaxies were going.

This was back in the mid-90s. Of course, it was not major news, nor was it well recognized by the communities of the world. Truth is people don't really care. But, here was what was discovered:

(Again, this isn't some group of part time astronomers, this was the findings of the worlds best, with the worlds best technology in space)

They looked at 196 different galaxies. And indeed, allot of them were part of a "big bang".

189 different gallaxies around us were all at the same location approximatley 15 billion years ago.

But .. . . . . .. . .

Our galaxy, and the 6 other gallaxies closest to us (were in a cluster of 7) are heading in a way inconsistant with the other 189 galaxies.

hmmm . ..

So, where are we headed?

The belt of Orion

Why is this important?

The layout of Giza.

And, the fact that the ancient Egyptions mythology and legends say the "GOD's from the Heavens" taught them that ORION was the center of our sky.

SO, how did they know? To listen to them, the Gods taught them. But, that's just silly, isn't it?

Or, perhaps they were mapping the location of all the stars for about 120,000 years and figured out which way they were all moving?

Which is more plausible in your mind?

Incidently, a connection with certain stars in Orion, and Giza pyramids, line up around 10,500 b.c.

So, why do some feel humans could not have built the pyramids?

How did they have knowledge we only attained from being outside the Earth's atmosphere with our most sophisticated technology less than 10 years ago?

Answer this question, and I'll believe humanity had no help in their construction.

Or, debunk the findings of the worlds top scientific and astronomical (nice word) minds.

Its a very fancy oration about Orion and hubble and all, but wouldnt a rather simple explanation be that the Orions belt has alot of stars, shine bright and was one of the first things that the ancients saw when they looked up? My guess is that very early they went "Oooh, look at that bright star son! That's Anuksumthepsamuthatsepthoth (or something) looking down on you, the god of everything. Just look up and you'll find him."

Sidenote: If they where wrong in their measurement (even by a minor degree) how many thousands of years back or forward are we talking about in the "lineup"?

[edit on 12-1-2006 by merka]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I dont know about that, but it would be intersting to find out. Ive heard stories that the giza pyrimid will shift and "open" during a line up of stars/planets (possibly the orion one) and that its true funcion is an "alarm clock" of sorts that will usher in a golden age of humanity.

as for the other pyramids (south american/polynesian) i feel pyramids and stonehenges, menhirs, dolmens, were built by humans (after a nuculear war and the flood) in ancient times to stabablize the planet. It created a positive energy grid.

go ahead pick me apart for that i will still beleive it.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by mosca]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Your right Blackguard, the Earth has never travelled through Orions belt. And even if it had some 50 million years ago who would be around to notice?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There is this current thread dealing with a lot of related issues too.... I wonder which one would be best to devote the attention to?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
don't even go to the thread in the above post, unless you want to have to deal with inconcise "facts", bad math, and demonization if you don't believe the theory.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have offered the most sensible explanation to how the Great Pyramid was built, have included text from the Bible that verify it.

Have shown how it was built and why it was built, "Madness" and the rest have provided nothing but arguements and have provided not one scrap of evidence whatsoever, why should we listen to them.

My theory is sound, and I have offered that math that appears in the Pyramid as evidence. They simply refuse to hear the truth and would rather be brainwashed with the "Lies And Deceptions"

Here is a link with info about the numbers, which the Egyptians or anyone else could have not known except being shown by GOD. The numbers speak for themselves.

www.plim.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
prophet, please, post that in your own thread, this thread is dedicated to discussion of a more general manner, while yours is focused on a specific theory.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why don't you want me to post here ?

Don't want your "Madness" exposed ?

You have no proof of anything, pure speculation and nothing more.

Explain to everyone here how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth and the distance to the Sun and maybe we will be willing to listen, otherwise, keep your misquided assumptions to yourself.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
it's not that hard to figure out, if they could build the pyramids. also, the way you prove that the diameter of the earth is encoded in the pyramids is with incoherent math and made up measurements.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Another link that shows you don't know what you are talking about "Madness"

The only thing you know is how to run your mouth without "KNOWLEDGE"
Here is more proof that backs up my position, you have offered "NOTHING"

www.europa.com...

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Last week on tv they gave us their latest update on how they were built and why. Nothing new really, when you see reconstructions it all looks possible but how do we know...

They say it took a few of thousand men, not slaves, apparently the foreman gos visiting towns asking for help for the king and off they go, not knowing they probably wont return again. They are fed well and live well and every man has a specific place and job etc.. the first job before anybody was even gathered was to pinpoint the correct spot under the main stars they called the indestructables.. and the tomb was built with the shafts alignd to these stars... so that the king will become an indestructable, like the..gods. So it was in a sense a spiritual machine....

I heard once before there used to be a big crystal in the capstone but ???? (it would make sense! hell i would put 1 there if i was making it )

So they dragged the blocks all the way, for nearly 20 years, using water under the blocks to help them slide they built up a RHYTHEM (cant spellit?)

(One of the laws of The ALL -- rythem, cause and effect, vibration etc..)

They built ramps of rubble etc around the pyramid as they went up, using the lower steps as support.. dragged em all the way round to the top.. (they say)

As i said it all looked plausible...... how truthful it is i dont know.

But what then about THOTH? if the emerald tablets are genuine then shouldnt we ...ahem... be-LIE-ve him when he says he built it on HIS OWN with the power of mind? and the ALL.. which is mind.

We have so many texts, some must be real!? they arent all tampered with or made up lies to mislead us, thats tooooo deep to make up so much stuff.. even deeper than the idea of aliens makin them or thoth with his mind.. lol.

By the way...

There is a pyramid underwater off the coast of japan? the point is commin up out the ocean bed... who knows how big it is.. its obviously older than gizah.

Theres creational stories somewhere in Thoths work that say the first thing to arise out of the ground, or water, was a giant pyramid...? i doubt it was gizah.... but maybe that underwater 1 is thoths pyramid... tho he describes gizahs postioning and the sphinx... maybe our gizah is a replica of the 1 on the drowned atlantis....? why not, they seem to like duplicating things.

Thoth was the GOD of this planet after all.. hermes... whatever you call him.. not that he was the highest being.

peace

El Kuluwn (The ALL)

[edit on 063131p://30016 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
OK, Now lets say Atlantians Helped the people build it. Atlantians were Supposebly Technology Advanced... So maybe they helped build them....just my input...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
prophet, why should i have to defend an already established branch of historical research, egyptology?

the information is already there, for anyone to look at.

you can find it on your own, because it's not that hard to find

[edit on 15-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Let me put it like this. If you have thousands and thousands of slaves, all at your disposal, you can get anything you want done. Its just that simple

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by logreq
Let me put it like this. If you have thousands and thousands of slaves, all at your disposal, you can get anything you want done. Its just that simple

except they weren't slaves...

they were off-season farmers, many dynasties before egyptians practiced slavery.

but yeah, the power of cheap labor can get anything done.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Why don't you want me to post here ?

Don't want your "Madness" exposed ?

You have no proof of anything, pure speculation and nothing more.

Explain to everyone here how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth and the distance to the Sun and maybe we will be willing to listen, otherwise, keep your misquided assumptions to yourself.

This would be easy to explain if (christians) hadn't burned the Library at Alexandria. Egyptians maintianed thier scientific knowledge thru several deluges. This is not only verified by Herdotus' writings but it among other sources. Talk about misquided, I went to the other thread and no one has brought up the following:

1)egyptians did not only mummify people, they also mummified animals. There are millions of mummified birds and chimpanzees under egyptian sand undeground tunnels.

2)no one seems to notice that there are many sphinx's in egypt. Not just the one at the Giza complex. This was a common egyptian art form found in many places. All are half human/half animal (half human and half snake, half human and half bull) the one at giza is not unique just bigger then many others

3) no one has even spoken about the king solomons "flying machines" he was known to fly around in. This is verified in ancient (east) Indian writings and many middle eastern structures. Most of the ancient east Indian writings are proven more accurate that much of the bible.

There are even many structures described by Herodutus no one can find and given their size when he was there they should be easy to locate. This adds more to the mystery of Egypt.

all and all there are even recent hyroglyphics to indicate that they "poured" the Giza pyrimid not unlike concrete. Bottom line no one knows truly not even "bible bangers" and we are just trying to come up with other ideas then the other thread. Different strokes for different folks, beleive what you want for you create your own reality.

I personally don't feel that the Bible or anything else coming out of the Middle East is a be all end all to anything. If anything Christianity, Hebrew, and Muslim war making and weapon producing is way more scary than any other culture in the world. And moslty all three were just trying to copy Egypt anyways. Egyptians were no better if you read ages in Chaos you will see how they betrayed Isreal out of jealousy. And no one that is not well studied in the Talmund or the Torah can credit anything to the nation of Isreal including the Giza complex.

All of us on both threads are just stating our opinions, nothing more. No one really knows for sure bottom line.

----Lets just forget the bible and go back the Earth way that is my vote.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by mosca]

[edit on 18-1-2006 by mosca]

TPL

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Hmm.

I don't recall being taught trigonometry in kindergarden.

They had us learning how to count.

I don't recall having learned anatomy and physiology in kindergarden.

They had us learning right from left.

So, why is it the earliest civilizations knew such mathamatical percision at the dawn of civilization?

So, why is it the earliest civilizations knew such doctoring skills, and the art of mumification?

How did they master these skills in so little time, with so little proof of any trial and error?

You have the assumtion that people back then didn't have the same mental capacity as modern people. They did have the same mental capacity. If they came to our time they would be able to understand our concepts of mathmatics and science as easily as we understand theirs if they were explained correctly. They built their knowledge up over generations, and as the past one hundred years has proven even in one generation the knowledge of man can progress at a staggering rate.

Your comparison to children not learning trigonometry at 5 years is futile, most children cannot do trigonometry because basic mathmatics has not even been completely explained to them yet and even if it had i doubt that a child could have the mental capacity to do it and get it right on a consistent basis. Again knowledge is built up on earlier knowledge.

Its a shame knowledge isn't passed down genetically, it would save the human race a lot of time and effeort.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join