It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why couldn't humans have built the pyramids?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoy

Originally posted by Jonna
When people can not conceive of an unknown they tend to contribute it to the supernatural. That is not to say that it IS actually other-worldly, but rather that it is outside of the realm which we BELIEVE to be possible.

In other words you're saying that people like to say 'aliens' when we don't believe in ourselves.

I say that there's a mountain of evidence that supports the theory of other-worldly influence.

Well sort of I suppose, but I didn't mean about believing in ourselves. Think of it this way: Many people claim to have seen 'ghosts'. Now where as they may in fact have seen something, it's the definition attributed to the word that is the supernatural aspect. If one believes that a ghost is a disembodied spirit of a living being, that is saying it is other-worldly. By that I mean to say when something is other-worldly it is so fantastical as to be outside of our rationality.

Now say for example if I saw something resembling the typically common traits of a 'ghost', I would say that I perceived something that I do not understand or that I can not explain completely because it surpasses my knowledge or comprehension of the subject. That is the rational conclusion when one does not understand something, but to assume that there is some explanation based on fantasy and wild imagination without a shread of truth, then that is attributing it to the supernatural or other-worldly. It's practically an excuse not to bother running it through research, testing and common sense.

Sometimes people desperately want to believe some things because it comforts them in some way. With ghosts, that could very easily be a fear that we die into nothingness. Perhaps what we consider to be the orgin of ghosts are something much more incredible then our superstitions, perhaps something much more mundane. However we will never know if we claim to know what's in the box before we find the seems (tools) by which to open it.

All I'm saying is that nothing in existence is beyond existence (supernatural); it's just that it is beyond our current experience with and understanding of existence.

To apply this to who built the pyramids, Stone Henge, etc, I have often heard the claim of extraterrestrial involvement. To me this seems like a supernatural excuse when no others APPEAR believable. That is not to say that I do not believe aliens (at an unknown level of intelligence) exist somewhere in the vastness of existence on one of the multitude of planets in one form or another, but rather that such an excuse for the way that the pyramids were build seems like a flight of fancy with no real proof to back it up.

Now I'm not saying that was your claim; I'm just using it as an obvious example. Hey, if aliens land on earth and expose their precsence to us, I'll be the first in line to get my picture taken with them. But I've just not seem enough evidence of their involvement here to not rationally explain all the claims.

We have enough devious plots and inhumain conspiracies in play by our own race to give them the satisfaction of diverting our attention by way of our own overactive imaginations.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoy

Originally posted by Jonna
When people can not conceive of an unknown they tend to contribute it to the supernatural. That is not to say that it IS actually other-worldly, but rather that it is outside of the realm which we BELIEVE to be possible.

In other words you're saying that people like to say 'aliens' when we don't believe in ourselves.

I say that there's a mountain of evidence that supports the theory of other-worldly influence.

give us some substantial evidence then!!!

besides saying that the pyramids are too advanced for humans to build of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The pyramids were built by people, but their purpose has for some reason been kept from us or they are simply wonderful works for those who lived then knowing they would leave their mark for years to come.

Maybe they harness the energy of the earth for some wormhole or stargate entrance just above our planet. Or maybe they were simply water pumps for growing crops to feed the people. Some kind of lense - a communication device or a temporary structure to make it possible to build something else that we are not aware of.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I can't say why or exactly how but, I'd place my chips that they were built the same way as this was.

www.coralcastle.com...

[edit on 12/20/2005 by beezwaxes]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The mathmatics required are quite advanced for that group in peticular, only 2 cranes exist in the world that could move the blocks, why are they all perfectly alligned with the orion belt (not now but at the time), why the devil did they place them as they are in the sizes and shapes (the 3 biggest ones). Yeah the little mud ones could be made by humans, as well as the smaller ones yet the 3 biggest remain a problem especialy since the blocks fit so perfectly and we have a hard time doing that today even with mortar and modern cutting technology yet they did it with primitive tools?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
The mathmatics required are quite advanced for that group in peticular, only 2 cranes exist in the world that could move the blocks, why are they all perfectly alligned with the orion belt (not now but at the time), why the devil did they place them as they are in the sizes and shapes (the 3 biggest ones). Yeah the little mud ones could be made by humans, as well as the smaller ones yet the 3 biggest remain a problem especialy since the blocks fit so perfectly and we have a hard time doing that today even with mortar and modern cutting technology yet they did it with primitive tools?

never underestimate the power of cheap labor combined with the laborers believing that they are working for a living god. with simple math and that labor, you could probably get it done. as for lining up with orions belt, it couldn't just be a coincidence?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yet you have over 2000 PERFECTLY placed stones, this was even before rome and their engineering genius is PROVEN we still have the aqueducts today. Yes there is cheap labor but the question still remains as to the settup and the time length of this ordeal. None the less we still have the problems of transportation and how they managed to create the 3 great pyramids without having 1 flaw in them all. Kind of like the Mayans or Incas, you cant get a knife between the blocks they are so tighly packed.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is my first message as i am a new member i am extremely interested in all types of arguments against the so called experts who i believe are made to spread dissinformation by our goverments, the math involved in the pyramids is amazing enough but what also about their location on the Giza Plateau and correlation with Orions belt, and the door in the shaft of the Queens chamber that the authorities halted work on. The chambers under the Sphynx that were going to be opened live on television in the year 2000. Aliens i can't say, little green men i don't think so. The Bible says "God created man in his own image" perhaps we should start looking at ourselves as the Aliens of this planet.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Actually when I get all the info I need I am going to make a post about that alien race and you might find it very interesting. Look for it.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I look forward to it but like you i don't think we will ever know the full truth not in our lifetimes anyway. I am just glad i found this site i wish i had found it a long time ago i think there is much to learn.
Kind Regards

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The first question you have to answer is, "How could early man know the diameter of the earth?

You can find the diameter of the earth encoded into the measurements of The Great Pyramid, there is no way anyone could possibly know this unless GOD revealed this information to them. Also the distance from the earth to the sun is encoded. Only GOD knew this information thousands of years ago.

It is only this century that we have the technology to make these types of calculations. There is not one peice of evidence that prove there are Aliens, so that theory is out the window.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Behind door #1 we have the generally agreed establishment story, that about 2000 BC, A pharoah named Cheops, or Khufu had the great pyramid built as a tomb, but was interred elsewhere.
Door #2: It was built by a group of people from a lost civilization, before a global disaster wiped them out. They were very advanced, but still, just people.
Door #3: King Solomon built it, with assistance on the labour from angels, and on the high math from God.
Door #4: Giants, hybrid God/humans, now extinct, built it.
Door #5: Aliens built it.
And Door #6: It was built by wizards, magicians, like Merlyn, who used magic to build it.

Although most people pick door number one.... I like door #2 myself.
I doubt 3, 4, or 5 are the right one, though I wouldn't say it is impossible. I would take #6 and even #1 ahead of those ones, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
The first question you have to answer is, "How could early man know the diameter of the earth?

You can find the diameter of the earth encoded into the measurements of The Great Pyramid, there is no way anyone could possibly know this unless GOD revealed this information to them. Also the distance from the earth to the sun is encoded. Only GOD knew this information thousands of years ago.

It is only this century that we have the technology to make these types of calculations. There is not one peice of evidence that prove there are Aliens, so that theory is out the window.

Uhm... They calculated it based on pretty advanced math at the time. Sure it wasnt perfect, but they got pretty close.

You may claim that GOD was the only one that knew about the information, but since the Egyptians didnt believe in GOD they where obviously not limited by HIM.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Uhm... They calculated it based on pretty advanced math at the time. Sure it wasnt perfect, but they got pretty close.

You may claim that GOD was the only one that knew about the information, but since the Egyptians didnt believe in GOD they where obviously not limited by HIM.

Wrong The Egyptians did not build them, there was no possible way to make thos calculations at that time in history.

The calculations were as close to perfect as you can get.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Wrong The Egyptians did not build them, there was no possible way to make thos calculations at that time in history.

The calculations were as close to perfect as you can get.

Pretty odd then that the calculations where "as close to perfect" as they can get, considering the Egyptians actually failed with some pyramids, while they learned how to make it better.

Or maybe God was simply drunk early on, world creation should make one heck of a party reason... Might have been hard to recite phi with 10,000 decimals

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Merk, what the Egyptians failed in was their attempt to copy the Great Pyramid, all other Pyramids in Egypt are inferior to the Great Pyramid and do not have any mathematical equations encoded in them, not "ONE" again proving they were not built by the same people.

The Great Pyramid is the only Pyramid in the world that has a vast amount of mathematical equations encoded in it's measurements.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Merk, what the Egyptians failed in was their attempt to copy the Great Pyramid, all other Pyramids in Egypt are inferior to the Great Pyramid and do not have any mathematical equations encoded in them, not "ONE" again proving they were not built by the same people.

Wouldnt that be pretty hard, since there are pyramid older than the Great Pyramid?

But maybe I shouldnt argue much more. Dont need much math skills to see the circle forming, heh.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by merka]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i say it was just a way to display power and have someone remembered for all eternity, though i am open to discussion about why it wasn't just humans...

If thats the case then who are we suposed to remember when we see them?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

prophet, no threadjacking.

also, if there's no evidence of aliens, then there's no evidence of god.

on a final note, those measurements you claim are encoded are based on bad math and a horrible assumption.

go to a thread about the great pyramids, the lies, and the deception if you want more info.

this is merely a thread about why people have to infer outside intervention for the construction of the pyramids.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The radius of the Earth was first calculated by the Greek Eratosthenes thousands of years ago.
www.enchantedlearning.com...

This pretty much blows you out of the water because he didnt have any more advantage technologically than the egyptians or anyone else who could have built the pyramids
The egyptians knew pi, assuming they were able to deduce the radius of the earth they could have found the circumfrence rather easily.

As for this information encoded in the pyramid, that is far more likely to be coincidence than actual intention.
Why woudl they go to the toruble to encode it?
Why not just say it?
Obviously their "plan" failed because we dont know who the heck left the message!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join