It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist mob violence in Sydney

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
In Lebanon people speak French, English and Arabic.
It was my understanding that French and English are more popular amongst the Lebanese Christians while Arabic is more popular amongst the Lebanese muslims.

Fell free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry i forgot the people of cronulla are now language experts being fluent in both Lebanese and Arabic to know the differences
. Not to mention these are the same people that would only stop rioting when the police made the bottle shop on the beach close up early.

Heres one of the language experts, I though they wanted to bash Lebaneses people not poor innocent police ?

www.smh.com.au

[edit on 11-12-2005 by helium3]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

In Lebanon people speak French, English and Arabic.
It was my understanding that French and English are more popular amongst the Lebanese Christians while Arabic is more popular amongst the Lebanese muslims.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm part Christian Lebanese (from my maternal grandmother) and I think her family did speak Arabic. But I'm certain that these gang members aren't Christian Lebanese, and I doubt they're really Lebanese at all. Most of the trouble makers saying they're from Lebanon are actually Palestinians or Syrians who moved into Lebanon after all the troubles in the middle east began.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Most of the trouble makers saying they're from Lebanon are actually Palestinians or Syrians who moved into Lebanon after all the troubles in the middle east began.

Excellent point dj

I did refer to myself as Lebanese on the other post, but I am Syrian, Lebanese and French. I guess it's a reflex-type response given my mother is Lebanese. We always do argue/play fight about that lol

I would say both Christian and Muslim would be involved in this equally, especially considering the "txt messaging" and friends dropping by to participate. This has become a race war, not a religion war.
These are 2nd and 3rd generation arabs, almost identical to what happened in France (not as dramatic though thank God and I do pray it remains that way) so these guys will fight for each other, no matter their religion.

I don't think we really have a My religion Vs Your religion war here amongst our youth of the same race, not that I have ever seen anyways.

I personally don't think basing this on either religion nor the people invovled minimizes nor maximises this atrocity.

Helium, excellent posting and rebuttals
just wanted to mention that very quickly, I will read/post more when I get home, didn't get a chance to do so properly at work.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have no idea what's really going on in Australia, but I suspect a similar situation to what's happening in Europe as far as a society almost completely closed to integration of immigrants. As much as you all like to malign the U.S., we are a nation of immigrants. I can call myself Scottish, English, Irish, Lebanese, Dutch, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah from my genetic heritage but above all and most important I'm an AMERICAN. Unfortunately many people who have emigrated to some other nations don't seem to have the same opportunity to integrate into that society my ancestors had, and even after multiple generations consider themselves to be of a foreign nationality. This breeds problems on both sides.

I just hope whatever is going on downunder doesn't turn as bad as what happened in France.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thats why we get to have guns in America..... That crap would never fly here. People VS. Cops, sure... But people vs. people? No way. Be snuffed out in a minute.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I live in Sydney myself and i have been on the streets before "hanging out".
This whole thing is just a media hype, this sorta thing happends all the time in sydney...not long ago my good friend who is Turkish was betten up real bad by middle eastern looking men....he was in hospital for days suffering hurific scars to his face...No one did nothing about it

The news reported it once and that was it...the next day was a new day!
My father tolled me in his travels to "Free countries" he said that Australia was the only country out of them that has there ethnics in such a separation that they do not even call themselves "Australians".
Iv spoken once or twice to mexicans living in The states they both said they were Americans...i had to word my question better by asking them what the nationality was. Even Arabs that have come from the states say they are American's....WHATS WRONG WITH US!!!!???
Where did we as Australians go wrong...how far back does this go??

DO NOT WATCH THE TV GUYS!!
STOP READING THE PAPPERS!!!
Have your own views make up your own mind before going out and doing some "Ethnic Clensing".
Dont ever forget that these people have families like you and I...not everyone is resposible for every mans actions!!
I am scared for my family...we come from Chile but some of us do have a hint of Arab like looks. Many people have asked me if i am lebonese.
If this doesnt stop we are going to go down hill from here.....
We are the people and we should be better than this...we work everyday to keep and make this country better to live in and look what we do...we go against eachother!!
Not knowing that the next person u bash or kill is that same hard working person making the country a GOOD country!!
THINK FOR YOURSELF and FREE YOURSELF for one sided propaganda!!

I know this messege will not go to all my people in Australia...but ill try my hardest to spread it out!!

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xar Ke Zeth
Many people know that these people do try to fit into society, yet they continue to do things like that... With all these reports of terrorist attacks by people of middle-eastern appearance, a simple text message was enough to set it off.

Makes me ponder the near future of humanity.

The news report I just saw noted that it was the Australian boys and men who decided to take the law into their own hands, set out on a drunken pursuit of anybody who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent and attacked them. An attack on lifeguards by Middle Eastern men apparently provoked this.

Still, as I have stated before, neither side is right. Not one person involved in this display of the most deplorable behaviour is a decent human being. Quite simple really.

All these Australians here have shown is that they have no self respect nor any even for their own people, cops at that! U see these police officers trying to help, and because they are helping an arab they get beer bottles pelted at the their heads!

No, they're all very wrong.

For every action, there is a re-action my friend.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
I am scared for my family...we come from Chile but some of us do have a hint of Arab like looks. Many people have asked me if i am lebonese.

I am Lebanese/Syrian and get told I look Hispanic alot more than Middle Eastern lol funny that huh ?

I know this messege will not go to all my people in Australia...but ill try my hardest to spread it out!!

Thanks

It got here to Melbourne
Don't worry, most people are alot smarter than these idiots ... I hope

Hopefully everyone learns their lesson and it ends here.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'm glad the Australians are fighting back and I hope they win this fight against the Lebanese.

Fighting back ? They got drunk and decided to go out and attack people who looked Middle Eastern. They started throwing punches, at random people on the street. Yeah, real noble

I saw this building up after those Lebanese men attacked the volunteer lifeguards a few days ago and then attacked a media crew.

I saw this building up weeks ago and it has little to do with that incident. That just happened to push the "I'm-a-hero" button in young drunk men's heads.
The men who attacked those lifeguards will be punished, by the law, these people who instigated these riots figured they were above the law. And it wasn't the arabs this time. Shock! Hooror! I know.

Apparently they've been getting bullied by these gangs for years and now the Australians are finally standing up to them in large numbers.

Just who has been lying to U ? wow this is certainly a whole new level you're on AceOfBase.

See my post above, these poor, innocent Australians U claim have been bullied for years and years are the ones who started swinging their fists first. Seems they're more than capable of that exact behaviour, and much worse. No arabs have ever incited such a horrific thing here before (in my lifetime anyway) so please go on with that, they are getting no pity here, I have even seen footage of the parents of one of the Aussie boys hot as all hell about what her son being involved and don't dout many feel the same way.

Neither of them are an innocent party, this however was all initiated by the young, very drunk, white youth. It's so very clear in the footage being shown.

Where on earth did all this mis-information come from ?

How do U go about physically attacking to harm people U don't even know ? A whole group of them at that ?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Thats crazy man, a race war in Austrailia. Never thought I'd see the day. I'm curious to exactly what has caused this as well.

You should come to dandenong in australia.

Serbs vs albanians. asians vs afgans afgans vs albanians blacks vs whites skips vs asians aussies vs aussies

Australia is crazy

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It seems that these riots were organized by neo nazi elements inside Sydney. This is just gang war and nothing else. As an Australian, i believe this bears no reflection on our society. An isolated incodent and a train of thought & action that needs to be squashed.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Anway. One text message and *poof* 5000 bogans come down. For what, get revenege on the minority muslim population?

Did anyone watch the 6:00 news.?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
White supremacists involved in rioting

uhhh wow

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
White supremacists involved in rioting

uhhh wow

Yah, I think that was already established with the footage on Sunday of people wearing t-shirts with ' ethnic cleansing unit ' on it and various other slogans.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Yah, I think that was already established with the footage on Sunday of people wearing t-shirts with ' ethnic cleansing unit ' on it and various other slogans.

Oh ok, I only saw today's footage and was just reading more on it when I came across that. thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I justed watched ten right now. still a lot of people wanting to fight.

don you wish you were in sydney now?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
[edit on 12/12/2005 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
Arent a percentage of the origins of Australia - that which was a place of exile for criminals and other transgressors?
Could a percentage of this savagery be possibly genetic?
Is it in a percentage of those "people's" blood to be such a blood-thirsty, neanderthal mob?

You're joking right ? Yes it was extrmely savage to steal a loaf of bread and get sent to Australia
Seriously that is one of the most ignorant and offensive comments I've ever heard.

I'm curious what is your explanation for the violence of the middle eastern gangs ? They are conststantly harassing and beating up people, what do you say about their genetics ?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Arent a percentage of the origins of Australia - that which was a place of exile for criminals and other transgressors?

Is it in a percentage of those "people's" blood to be such a blood-thirsty, neanderthal mob?

I can't believe I just read that.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Just some questions I would like to know the answers to...

There's no nice way to put it but.....

You're a BIT of an idiot.

Get off the magic mushroom

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Manincloak]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join