It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasnt the war supposed to be in 2005?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99
We humans created time to aid us on our comprehension of the universe. Past is what we say happened already and future is what will happen.

TruthSeeker99 can you not make up your mind, are you confused? first you said " There is no past or future." Now it seems you are implying a past, future does exist or have existed! You seem to be creating your own universe and speaking of creation science.

You know the idea of time being a creation of human comprehension is like comparing the words that I or someone who writes in these threads for your comprehension, or any other word for that matter of understanding. All this would be moving into a universe that is constructed by our consciousness for our observations of reality. For example we observe the word "universe" for our comprehension of which all things exists in this realm.

In this realm, "time" is a actual being. Thus, Time created humans, not humans created time.

Just because you choose to observe it for your own comprehension does not mean it is an illusion. You describe it as an erroneous perception of reality. How can it be erroneous if time is solidly linked to motions of matter contained in this universe...... or vice versa...... "Universe of motion and matter contained in Time
"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99
We humans created time to aid us on our comprehension of the universe. Past is what we say happened already and future is what will happen.

TruthSeeker99 can you not make up your mind, are you confused? first you said " There is no past or future." Now it seems you are implying a past, future does exist or have existed! You seem to be creating your own universe and speaking of creation science.

You know the idea of time being a creation of human comprehension is like comparing the words that I or someone who writes in these threads for your comprehension, or any other word for that matter of understanding. All this would be moving into a universe that is constructed by our consciousness for our observations of reality. For example we observe the word "universe" for our comprehension of which all things exists in this realm.

In this realm, "time" is a actual being. Thus, Time created humans, not humans created time.

Just because you choose to observe it for your own comprehension does not mean it is an illusion. You describe it as an erroneous perception of reality. How can it be erroneous if time is solidly linked to motions of matter contained in this universe...... or vice versa...... "Universe of motion and matter contained in Time
"

you're really not that funny. except of course when you try to prove a point about good ol JT

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Time is only "now in the change". If we started building something and in a few days we can say "I had much less constructed here than a few days ago" and we can also say "this will be done in a few days" but if we leave it as it is, it always stays the same and if we leave it for a few days and then we say "this has not changed at all in few days" then it is the same as now, get it?

If everything in the universe stopped doing everything by will alone, does time still go on? Yes its all NOW and the change that occurs NOW is NOW. Will retracing our steps and doing everything backwards be time going backwards? No only in NOW we chose for it go backwards.

I'm not very good at explaining but that doesn't mean that I dont know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

you're really not that funny. except of course when you try to prove a point about good ol JT

Oh, didn't know I was trying to be funny, I just like using those laughing icons. Some of this stuff is entertaining to me.

But I do find your semiconscious thoughts of Titor amusing.

Are you sure your not a computer program designed to mechanically repeat Anti-Titor propaganda in the ATS threads.

Though I get a feeling you are seeking more than just Titor being a hoax. Maybe seeking a satisfying explanation to put your mind at ease.

Does the John Titor story trouble you. I'm semi-worried for you..... your showing signs of OCTD.. obsessive-compulsive Titor disorder.

You know there is a cure for OCTD, " re-read the Titor story!!! " you may find the answer your looking for.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

And this comment contributes absolutely nothing but animosity to the conversation, Please refrain from personal attacks and support your position.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword

And this comment contributes absolutely nothing but animosity to the conversation, Please refrain from personal attacks and support your position.

glass houses dude

please stop stalking me. You missed the fun this summer. We would have had fun, but the gig is up, he's a liar and a fraud.

for the record, do you believe he is 100% correct, and everything he says is true ?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The thing about John Titor: he said the war started in 2005. I would have stood up and used the 2008 move on you... if something actually changed from '05 to '06. Nothing has changed. There is no open fighting in the streets, there are no types of events that could come close to being called Waco-type, and there are no groups organizing to go to war.

Sorry... but John Titor is a hoax.

-Chris

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
WACO-type event, the syphoning of gas in Ukraine?

More botched election results?

CIA torture chambers?

Illegal spying?

And speaking of the gas-syphoning, gas prices in Italy are up almost 50%! What happens if this gas-syphoning problem creates something worse? What if the Olympic Games don't happen? I think that will be definite concern, since Titor said those games won't happen. If the Games don't happen, I'm running. If they do, that's when I'll say "Titor got it wrong". Whether it was a hoax or not is not my concern.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legend, and there are no groups organizing to go to war.

Sorry... but John Titor is a hoax.

-Chris

Hey Chris, are you sure?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

glass houses dude

please stop stalking me. You missed the fun this summer. We would have had fun, but the gig is up, he's a liar and a fraud.

for the record, do you believe he is 100% correct, and everything he says is true ?

I believe him as much as I believe you. Certainty is blindness. Titor could very well be a hoax, he could be just some guy with a great track record for prediction (Seeing as how a good deal of his conversations were spot on, forget about the foretelling of the future war).

Or he could be what he claimed, and the 2% differentiation ratio accounts for your views of him being a hoax. He right out said that things wouldn't unfold in the same way, but he figured the same outcome would happen and he was apathetic to stopping it. To him, he saw it as a cure for the disease of this country.

If you want to know what I believe, I believe in possibilities. It's possible you're right, it's possible Roth is right. What it boils down to is YOU want to disbelieve, and ROTH wants to believe, so in the end both of you approach the topic irrationally. Roth looks for signs fervently, and potentially interprets things incorrectly. So do you.

Skeptics and Fervent Believers both have the same problem, seeing outside their own viewpoint of the universe.

As it stands? The facts of our current situation with our government leads me to believe there is a political civil war between the two sides. They are effectly trying to rip the grasp of control out of the other parties hands, whether it is democratan or Republicrat. Between the two, neither care about America as a whole... they care about power and what they can get away with. Just because the Republicans are in office doesn't mean the Democrats are any different, in the case of the Democrats becoming a majority again you are deluded if you think they will repeal certain laws that are unconstitutional when they are just as useful to them as to the Republicans.

In the end, Titor is right about one thing. Eventually, some time down the road, I see there being an out and out conflict between the people and their government... and it will be exactly due to the reason Titor Cited.

"They thought the people wanted security over Liberty, and were wrong."

Whether that means a bloody civil war with american killing american or a bloodless revolution, I am not one to say; I am not a time traveller or a prophet.

However, I don't believe that people in power set down that mantle easily or without fight... so I expect there to be a fight. I would fight for my freedom, I would expect my enemy to fight to deny me it.

Really, it doesn't matter whether Titor was a hoax or not... he said himself,

"I am unconcerned if you believe me or not, in fact, it might be better for you if you didn't."

The above being slightly paraphrased.

Wake up to the possibility that what he foretold could come to pass. Maybe it won't happen in the same way, but look at your country today... there is an old poem concerning a man living in Germany during WW2, and how he said nothing when all of his neighbors were taken as criminals... and then they came for him, and nobody was there to speak.

Fascism isn't going to be in your face and obvious... it will be devious and subtle. They will claim with great passion they do it all for your safety, for the country, for liberty and freedom... all the while stripping you of all these things. Sure, nothing is happening.... because you haven't been effected by any of it yet.

That doesn't mean nothing is happening, only that you aren't in their sights yet. It is a slow rotting disease that first begins with fervor, building to a madness... until you have Fenrir at the bottom of Yggsdrasil. And lo, how the mighty do fall...

To summarize, Titor's authenticity isn't worth spit. His warnings are.

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance." --Unknown

And

"He who sacrifices fundamental liberties for a bit of security deserves neither. --Ben Franklin

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If you want to know what I believe, I believe in possibilities

thats gutless !!!!

take a stand, is he 100% correct, or a hoax ?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If you want to know what I believe, I believe in possibilities

thats gutless !!!!

take a stand, is he 100% correct, or a hoax ?

Well if you believe he is 100% correct then you believe in possibilities...since he talks about a 'worldline divergence' hehe. I am personally indifferent to this story.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join