It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasnt the war supposed to be in 2005?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99
So many prophecies like John Titor and others claimed it to be in 2005 and last until 2012 but it hasnt happened yet nad seems it wont in this year? Was the date moved up a year (again) to 2006?

Well, only if you believed the lies.

Remember, we did track him down to his house in Florida and he's just some college kid who was pranking folks. I think the fame of his character has brought him back again (thinking he can make some money from it.)

So, I expect to see some Revisionist Titor where "it wasn't a civil war, it was unrest" and "we didn't start shooting until 2008"... and when THAT fails (because, of course, it's all a hoax) then we'll see the date bumped again... and again... and again.

There will always be those who believe. The rest of us recognized the truth (and honestly, that was the stupidest story (coming back to 2000 to get an old computer with an old version of Unix) ever concocted) and laughed at the make-believe.

If you really have tracked him down Admiral Byrd, then I'm wondering why the John Titor strings are still on ATS. Does that mean you enjoy making fun of people and you are some kind of desinformation sadist?
Why isn't the "proof" you have not posted here at ATS so everyone can convince themselves of your findings? Or are you part of the John Titor conspiricy yourself, earning all those extra hits and clicks from your advertising partners? They do enjoy you having all that extra traffic you get don't they? How much are they paying you to keep John Titor alive?

Or are you just pulling the strings to see if you can get more traffic by leaking a little more information to keep the customers coming (and your sponsers smiling)? Where is that little bit of proof you have? I'd like to put it to a test if you don't mind.
You have to know I just love this kind of science warfare that relates to my own scientific experiments of the past. Bending laser beams, x-ray propulsion systems and IBM operating manuals. Care to check me out how real I am?
My formar personal number is 70 002, IBM Germany. I'm also resposable for the biggest company internal scandal after WWII in the year 1969. I bet I'm still on record for that. And I'm sure the Pentagon didn't forget that one either. And I believe they still haven't reveiled the Stasi agent who ruined my career later.

Peter Paul, still living in enemy country, and laughing....

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Remember, we did track him down to his house in Florida and he's just some college kid who was pranking folks. I think the fame of his character has brought him back again (thinking he can make some money from it.)

No, I don't remember that. What I do remember is that a college kid said that he was JT, BUT..that was proved to be false also. The IP that JT used, and that was checked on proved to be proof of what JT said, the college student you talk about came forward on his own.

so again, I see from folks that ether wern't there, or have some reason to disprove JT come foreward to say something that is ether half or not true at all.

The furture John talked about was his, it does not have to be ours, his TL was 2% diiferent than this one. Things, events even people will be different, by 2 or more percent. How much is that? Can someone tell me? It can be a little, as in 2% of 2, or a lot as in 2% of 100,000.

Is JT real?..who knows for sure, he was not a college student who admited he was JT, then could not produce records to that fact, nor is his name really John Titor. If you want a clear answer, I really don't belive there is one.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by colbrezharly]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FernandoPoo
I think an event that would make the Olympic committee consider canceling the winter games, even if it happens around closely after the games, would be enough for me to finally buy a bike and some tires.

you'll have to talk to your buddy joint about that. In his multiverse, the winter olympics aren't official, so that would be irrelevant to the JT debate.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by peterpaul
If you really have tracked him down Admiral Byrd, then I'm wondering why the John Titor strings are still on ATS.

To ensure that people search on Titor via search engines are exposed to our research and the confirmed hoax that is "John Titor".

earning all those extra hits and clicks from your advertising partners? They do enjoy you having all that extra traffic you get don't they? How much are they paying you to keep John Titor alive?

I organize the advertising, and we have no "partners". They are all ad networks that (combined) distribute broadly targeted ads to several thousand different websites.

You have to know I just love this kind of science warfare that relates to my own scientific experiments of the past. Bending laser beams, x-ray propulsion systems and IBM operating manuals. Care to check me out how real I am?

Your own words reveal enough.

While you may certainly be an expert of repute, riding the coat tails of Titor will result in a significant credibility problem for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
John Titor isa hoax because time travel is impossible. Time is only an illusion we created. There is no past or future. The only time is now.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So many prophecies like John Titor and others claimed it to be in 2005 and last until 2012 but it hasnt happened yet nad seems it wont in this year? Was the date moved up a year (again) to 2006?

The 2012 date is based on some mayan calendar from what I've heard. God tells us not to set dates, that should end date setting for people but many refuse to believe God. We can see Christ's return nearing but won't know the exact day or hour.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

John Titor isa hoax because time travel is impossible. Time is only an illusion we created. There is no past or future. The only time is now.

If there is no past or future then why am I reading your post that you produced from the past? Please explain to me how there is no future or past, just so that I can understand this for my own future references. lol............

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
To ensure that people search on Titor via search engines are exposed to our research and the confirmed hoax that is "John Titor".

If Titor is a confirmed hoax, then what is this guys name? I looked at the research saw no proof of anything!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Let me explain in a brief summary. We created past and future to aid us in our understanding of the universe. The past has already happened and the future has yet to happen. The only time is now. It is us who change what's around us. If you think about it long enough, it makes sense, well at least to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

OK

speed = distance/time right ? miles per hour......

so if time is an illusion, so is speed right ?

here's an experiment

make a fist, punch yourseld in the nose. does it hurt ? If so, i'd argue it was the speed your hand moved that did the damage.

just a thought

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

OK

speed = distance/time right ? miles per hour......

so if time is an illusion, so is speed right ?

here's an experiment

make a fist, punch yourseld in the nose. does it hurt ? If so, i'd argue it was the speed your hand moved that did the damage.

just a thought

The damage is done in the instant of contact not during the speed it took to get there. So I think it's an allusion to attribute time as the cause of the damage.

I know what you would say: that is merely the human perception of it and not the actual science that caused it. But if science is not compatible with human perception then what use is science to human perception

There is an emerging body of knowledge called Quantum Physics that suggests the only time is now, which personally is more compatible with my perception.

[edit on 123131p://30u25 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The nucleus of a now can be any combination of circumstances that can go in more than one direction, proceeds in every possible direction, and each circumstance is a perception of reality......

The nucleus of "now" is everything that moves exists. The above comment "Time is only an illusion" is incorrect to me.

The punch in the face observation is a reality.

"Now" has an immediate past. The Punch damage is actually done in the immediate past.

Past, present, future is all connected. In theory the nucleus of "now" can be breached via Quantum Mechanics to reach a past or future.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"The damage is done in the instant of contact not during the speed it took to get there"

so if speed exists, so does time. I agree, humans invented how we measure time, but you can't ignore that there are movements in the universe, even if we aren't there to witness it. Movements suggest speed, which suggests time.

Are you saying the universe didn't exist yesterday ? was that all a dream ?

I like king's take on it in the movie the langoliers.....

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
The nucleus of a now can be any combination of circumstances that can go in more than one direction, proceeds in every possible direction, and each circumstance is a perception of reality......

...and those realities happen in the instant they are percieved.

The above comment "Time is only an illusion" is incorrect to me.

I didn't say time was an illusion I said attributing time as the causality was illusion.

The punch in the face observation is a reality.

So was the pain

"Now" has an immediate past. The Punch damage is actually done in the immediate past.

Do you mean to say the punch damage has an immediate past because the perception of the pain took place immediately afterwards? If that's what you meant then you should realize it was only the conscious mind that was slower to perceive; the subconscious experienced it in the instant of the contact.

If that's not what you meant then im curious how immediate do you mean? Instantaneously? If it was instant then it happened in the now.

Past, present, future is all connected.

So what are we calling this connectedness you speak of? I call it the now.

You would have to seperate the now into 3 seperate entities (i.e past, present and future) for time to be the causality in which case past, present and future are not connected. So is it connected or not?

"Time and space are modes by which we think and not conditions in which we live." - Albert Einstein

[edit on 013131p://30u43 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We invented time to aid us in our inderstanding of the universe. Just like to calculate speed in a given time. Idk how to explain this fact.

J_3

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Try to follow along with ATLEAST the first half.

Time is the measurement or classifications of change in the universe.

What makes time different - Why is the "now" always a NEW "now? Because Atoms\electron and radiation moves - thus creating our world and the changes in it that we witness\experience.

Of course time DOES exist because things do change - and naturally (just as one travels through the dimensions of the universe) it must be possible to travel to a time of the past, for example.

HERE IT IS

Don't try to think of TIME as a 4th dimension! That's crazy talk. Dimensions are boundaries in which all matter exists - all shapes must exist in x,y, and z (width, length, and depth).

This is the method in which matter exists - the dimensions.

Now if dimensions change, (dimensions change as time passes) as they do naturally - then they MUST exist within something. Trust me.

That something is time.

Matter exists\changes within the dimensions (x, y, z) - Dimensions exist\change within time.

This is quite a bit so I wont go to into detail about the next part. But - along that notion.

You could assume that atoms\electrons and radiation work based on the laws of physics, thus there would only be one possible outcome from every transfer of energy , even to the smallest degree. But uh oh, that takes away free will..

The only way to allow free-will within this concept is to allow for the Infinite -dimension theory. Which I WAS skeptical about at first. BUT

How could creatures made of solids, liquids, vapors, chemicals, and even plasmas (electrical signals throughout neuro-net) have FREE WILL THEN??

How is it that we are able to create concepts and ideas out of the five senses which provide us with nothing more than inactive information?? Because every piece of information that you recieve through those senses, exists in an infinite number of ways. By receiving them in your mind - your memory allows you to make a type of NETWORK connection with the object\info, naturally since this is the dimension you are in, you will have the strongest and most vivid sensations for the ACTUALLY state of the objects or information. However your ability to manipulate it as you see fit and form new ideas, comes from the infinite dimensions.

This is why ideas must change gradually in the mind, because the more like the CURRENT state (the state of the information, that you ACTUALLY experienc), the easier it is to connect to and receive.

Matter exists\changes within The 3Dimensions

The 3Dimensions exist\change within Time

3Dimensions = width, length, and depth

Time = infinite parallel universes

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
your post was an hour after mine. how do you explain that ?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
your post was an hour after mine. how do you explain that ?

but I only just read it
It was 28 minutes "later" btw.

Indeed the clock fuels the illusion that time is 3 seperate entities (past, present and future).

Imagine there was never a clock nor a calendar. Yes we would observe the ever present change and movement in the Universe but the way we would measure "time" would be different of course. So please don't use the arbitrary clock to counter my viewpoint.

Movement exists. Time is an intellectual construct humans created to observe Movement. That construct itself is being revolutionized by emerging science which suggests "time" is not 3 seperate bodies(past, present,future) but 1 (the now).

Quantum Physics further suggests reality requires an observer to observe that it is reality.

It's new. It's different. It's the way I measure time. In the example of the punch to the face I would say the damage was caused by my perception of the damage.

[edit on 033131p://30u38 by Lucid Lunacy]

J_3

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well you are close but WRONG..!!!!

Movement doesn't exist! Without time.

3Dimensions allow for matter. -But not movement.

Time allows the movement of the matter within the 3 dimensions.

Try this

Time is to Dimension Boundaries (3 Dimensions)
as for example, Water to Wine in that they are the same concepts. Just like water and wine are both liquids, time and dimensions are both the same type. The 3 individual components of dimensional boundaries is not the same thing as time, (that would be saying time is the 4th dimension) but actually the concept of dimensions in general IS the same concept as Time.

Just like the Dimensional Boundaries, time works in 3's -Hmm holy trinity. jk, but think about it. Time works on past, present, and future. 3!

You may disagree - but within the 3 dimensions physics and the basics of even enertia indicate that all motion (which can't occur without time) move with basic laws of physics. This means that there is a progression which naturally occurs in the universe. Naturally it occurs in foward progression -aiming to future"X" . However future is not the only direction as we know through physical evidence of past. So a reversal of the natural progression aims to the past "Y". And then their is the "Z" axis ...the present...

TRUST ME ITS ALL THERE.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by J_3]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

There is an emerging body of knowledge called Quantum Physics that suggests the only time is now, which personally is more compatible with my perception.

[edit on 123131p://30u25 by Lucid Lunacy]

Hmmm... you apparently don't know that much about Quantum Physics or String Theory (The two go hand in hand quite a bit).

I am unsure where you received the idea that Quantum Theory postulates that the only time is now, as I've never read that in any of the information I have garnered concerning it.

Would you care to cite your sources?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We humans created time to aid us on our comprehension of the universe. Past is what we say happened already and future is what will happen.
If every human being on earth stops doing everything, would time stop for them? Because the NOW is always changing we are confused. The universe always changes and our world always changes. Time is for calculations and to not be late for our dentist appoitment... OWW!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join