It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how not to fight a war - pictures :P

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Ha, I spotted another genius in the crowd ( unless it’s the same guy) , he is also wearing a life jacket, must really be a trend down there.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can only hope that if I am ever in a gun fight, I have these idiots shooting at me.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
also noted in the above picture: the furious warrior aiming at the deadly ground.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Ha, I spotted another genius in the crowd ( unless it’s the same guy) , he is also wearing a life jacket, must really be a trend down there.

Maybe one of the shipment of weapons went wrong? The "life jackets" turned out to be real life jackets instead of weapons. And because they had gone through all this trouble to smuggle them in, they figured out they might as well sell them to the locals...

btw, here´s an interesting picture. It´s Somalia and not Liberia, but it´s from the same thread (page 4) pointed to in the initial post in this thread. But I have to warn you though. Some of the pictures posted in that thread are quite strong and not funny at all. I.e. the executions. Don´t go there if you´re not prepared for that stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
these are some of the funniest things i have seen ....sad but extremely amusing .....i do believe the duster is a powerful weapon ..it is most likely the compact version of the "street sweeper".......

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
i do believe the duster is a powerful weapon ..it is most likely the compact version of the "street sweeper".......

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey guys - lots of people around the world do that.

It's called Fighting In Built Up Areas or Operations In Built Up Areas.

Been there, but not done that!

Everybody who has ever exercised in house to house fighting or street clearing knows that it's really hard to get into a good firing position behind a wall, a house or a curb, and lay down steady accurate fire - especially if your opponent is doing exactly the same as you! And it's really hard jamming rounds into a mag when yer spring is flopping all over the place.

The brightly coloured life jackets and trousers are - IMHO, nothing more than aiming marks, and should treated accordingly!

Uzis and AKs appeared to be fired high over the heads of opponents - thus showing to me at least, that these guys are only having fun and not trying to waste each other. (Which is, of course, how it should be afta gangja and rum) At least they're not running round with Parangs any more!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

whats the American flag doing there?

That is actually the US Flag used from 1861-1863. Those were among the years that the American War of Aggression raged. It might be a symbol of their own civil war.

US Flag 1861-1863

Liberian Flag

www.crwflags.com...

www.37.co.yu...

[edit on 2005/12/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Maybe one of the shipment of weapons went wrong? The "life jackets" turned out to be real life jackets instead of weapons. And because they had gone through all this trouble to smuggle them in, they figured out they might as well sell them to the locals...

btw, here´s an interesting picture. It´s Somalia and not Liberia, but it´s from the same thread (page 4) pointed to in the initial post in this thread. But I have to warn you though. Some of the pictures posted in that thread are quite strong and not funny at all. I.e. the executions. Don´t go there if you´re not prepared for that stuff.

I definitely praise their ingenuity, though!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If they got another Wheelbarrow and put it on top (minus the wheels and handles with some holes cut in) the have themselves the worlds first Environment friendly tank.

No fossil fuels, just Bio-power! No DU shells either!

Armour would be limited and your "engine" would be vunerable, but the little psycho dude in the trough would be safe as hell!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Their were alot of racist undertones throughout that thread. It's horrible that they are making fun of other misery.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Their were alot of racist undertones throughout that thread. It's horrible that they are making fun of other misery.

I for one wouldn't accept anything racist, and i dont think ppl are setting out to be so, and yes the situation these ppl on the photographs find themselfs in is pretty dier, and it makes me realise how lucky we are,
but its just the surreal and bizarre nature of these pictures showing rebel fighters wharing boat life jackets and arming themselfs with dusters, it just go's to show what a mad world we live in.

All the best

[edit on 093131p://0116 by iamian]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by iamian

whats the American flag doing there?

That is actually the US Flag used from 1861-1863. Those were among the years that the American War of Aggression raged. It might be a symbol of their own civil war.
[edit on 2005/12/10 by GradyPhilpott]

Oh yes! well spotted GradyPhilpott, look at the picture of the man with the duster he's a freemason,
Braking News
latest reports suggest that the suplier of the dusters as been spoted

All the best... ian

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ah yes the above picture is a pic of the famed street sweeper i spoke of

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join