It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

i never said it would have to be anyone in significant numbers...just one or two here and there and it would make it somewhat likely that mary was black

...then again, debating the race of a character who's historicity isn't exactly proven.....
kind of pointless

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

No, large numbers were my assertion, and I caveated with links to Wiki articles about Ethiopian Jews. The Beta Israel claim to be directly descended from Sheba's visit to Solomon. Which was a state visit, rather than a land-grab. That would certainly allow for black jews to have been in Judeah and Galilee, thereby giving your theory credence.

Certainly there have always been immigrant populations within the major middle eastern cities through history.

I guess we have to wonder how cosmopolitan our forebears were? From a brief perusal it would appear that out and out racism is more of a Dark Ages/Medieval trend than a pre-classical-through-Roman thought pattern (I stress perusal). The Phoenicians travelled. The Romans gave citizenship. The Persians conquered Babylon and then strengthened the empire's fabric...

As to history's proof, well, proof or not (and I grant you, that's another serious discussion), I see this question as a modern political debate, not a serious historical investigation. For all the reasons I said before. But that wouldn't make it an enjoyable ethno-archeological inquiry.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you have the patience, and tolerance, watch this video. It's a good example of the typical "Jesus was black" crowd. That's just a disgiuse for what it really is. It's just window dressing for "We hate the white man".

I love how they even twist the words "For God so loved the world" to mean a world that only includes black people.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague

now maybe i choose the wrong wording on my topic ..it should be "JESUS WAS NOT AFRICAN"......

Well.. I guess if you want to get super technical about it.. He was Asian.
I am trying to understand why this is so important to you. I mean, hebrew, jew, black, bronze, whatever. He was semitic, that means he had color to his skin. Hair like a lambs wool.. that sounds to me like he was sporting a "fro.. I don't know how many black peoples heads you have had your hands in, or how many sheep you have touched, but MY answer is MANY to both, and so I can say with some authority that sounds like they are describing black hair to me.
Bronze can go any way..
Someone posted WAYYY in the beginning of this thread a link that explains the color origins to the different peoples/tribes in the bible.. When I get a chance, I am going to look it up again, and research for myself what was said, because it made a lot of sense to me, yet I saw no one discussing it or it's merits.
Oh well. It would have been nice to see someone smarter than I dissect that link and it's information.
Jesus was a semitic Jew, which means he looked a lot like an Arab. Few people are going to deny that. But I don't understand why this has you so upset, and so determined to correct everyones misconception.
But as someone said, he was closer to being a black man, than he was to being white. I mean, 50 years ago, there would have been people that would not have thought twice about lynching him in America. 20 years ago, I am sure that there were people in South Africa that would not have had a problem killing him either... Based on his skin tone.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
Hair like a lambs wool.. that sounds to me like he was sporting a "fro"

This has got to be the most mis-read scripture in this whole issue. What you're assuming and what the scripture says are two different things. I don't see how you can read that Jesus' head and hair were white and take that to mean he was black. That's the exact opposite of what the scripture says.

Revelation 1:14
His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow (NIV)

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow (KJV)

The Bible clearly, in no uncertain terms, states that his head AND hairs were white LIKE wool. First of all this speaks of both his head (ears, nose, mouth, chin, scalp) and hairs (that grow out of his head). Secondly this is in reference to the color, not the texture. If we apply this as meaning the texture then Jesus had a Q-tip head because it clearly says his head and hairs. Both items are distinctly referenced as two seperate items.

Even if you're bent on using this as a reference to mean only his hair, how do you account for the white as snow part? Was his hair made of ice crystals? The common tactic is to insert a comma after the "white" and before the wool part yet the fanatics of this measure never insert a comma before the snow portion. Selective editing for fun and profit I guess. I quoted two different versions to show that there is no comma.

This passage bluntly says that Jesus' head is white. Apply this description to anything else. The whitewalls on my tires are white like wool, as white as snow. Would that mean my tires were made of wool? Of course not. It means that I have ultra-white sidewalls on my tires.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well... when you put it THAT way, I guess he DID have a Q-Tip head, and premature grey, because not many 33 YO men have white hair..
But then again, the bible I read when I read the bible said nothing about the white as snow part.
I can only assume that it would be an allegory to the light of his holiness...
OR he powdered his head, being 1750 years or so ahead of American/West Europe fashion.
And lets not forget the feet of bronze thing...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by plague

Whats with the CAPS?? And actually, Jesus, if he DID exist that is, would have been arabic (ie 'brown') - the hebrews were after all, a middle-eastern nomadic tribe.

Also, don't believe anything you read in books written by religious cults. Particularily if they have been re-translated and re-edited thousands of times over the course of history. Stick with facts...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

i never said it would have to be anyone in significant numbers...just one or two here and there and it would make it somewhat likely that mary was black

...then again, debating the race of a character who's historicity isn't exactly proven.....
kind of pointless

Heh...well said.

Say - I wonder if Gandalf was really white?? I mean, when he re-incarnates, (after that nasty incident with the goblins of Moria...) - the good book (LOTR) starts calling him 'Gandalf The White'?? This is all very confusing...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OK first of all jesus was black. He was from jerusalem, which is in the middle east and people fomr the middle east are black. Also, the 12 tribes did originate in africa. If you read the bible, it says that the isrealites were forced into slavery in EGYPT. Also look up who the original jews were, and u will find that they were black africans

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

the bible was put together by king james of england who was a crazy gay man that also killed people on the regular. it was also translated by a selected group of ppl who have obviousely mistranslated it. Just read the hebrew bible and u can tell

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by waffleman

Been to Jerusalem? How many black people did you see? How about any other part of the Middle East?

If Egyptians, who are African, aren't black, why would Jews, who are Semitic, and therefore emphatically not African, be?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Who really cares what color the man was?
It's what the man taught and stood for. Something has been lost in translation for sure but Jesus was a teacher(Rabbi) trying to let people know how close G-d really is to them.

www.meaningoflife.i12.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
he built my hotrod.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I've got a mind that can steer me to your house
And a heart that can bring you red flowers
My intentions are good and earnest and true
But under my hood is internal combustion pow'r
Satan is my motor

www.sing365.com...

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Jesus, as I have mentioned in other posts on others threads was neither white nor black. Whites are from Europe and Blacks are from Africa. And since both Jesus and Joseph and Mary are ALL from the Middle East, this makes them Middle Easterners by definition and affiliation and ethnicity. And I have no problem with this at all. This is my opinion based on my study of both the Bible and history. And while I feel this is the case, I also would like to say that anyone who is a true believer would not care about this at all and would just try following what is not only in the Bible itself, but what God through Jesus would have all who profess to be Christians do, and that is to love your neighbor as yourself. This is one of the ten commandments. And it seems that that is the one thing that has been forgotten in all this debate on whether Jesus was black or white or middle eastern. We do not need to stay divided by this. Lets forget it and just get back to following God's precepts and laws.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yep ... this is just how I remember it !!!

You guy's are so funny ... not in a good way though.

I've just read all 21 pages of this ... well, don't really know what 'this' actually is ... the words pathetic / schoolyard / and rubbish spring to mind ... have you heard yourselves ... 21 ... yes 21 ... pages of absolute pettiness.

Should we really give a flying f#@> what colour Jesus was ???
this is madness. With so much pettiness about the colour of the man's skin ... it's little wonder there's so much global strife and killing of innocents.

I bet Jesus and his father are really proud of all of you!

Before you start putting the timbers around the stake because a 'Witch' has the nerve to post on a Christian forum, I should probably say that I was brought-up in a Christian household ... went to Sunday School ... took Communion at 13yrs old ... and learned nothing other than the fact that the church was full of hypocisy. I'd like to thank you all for proving I made the right decision to leave it behind, all those years ago.

How ironic that a Pagan has had to point this out to you ... a Pagan that does believe in God and acknowledges that God-source every single day ... not just on Sunday's ...or when things go wrong.
And I also believe there was a prophet named Jesus ... whose unconditional love for his fellow man (whatever the colour of their skin), means that his teachings are still remembered today ... 2,000 yrs after his death.

If there is to be a 'second coming' he'd better hurry-up because you guys need his help NOW !!!

Shame on you all. Woody

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The man is the mans 'soul of life', he gave life through the chords of belief and sought unto man to know.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
More evidence points towards Jesus being black/Tan then some blued eyed hollywood faux.

"Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, “O children of Israel? Saith the Lord." (Amos 9:7)

This verse clearly compares the two.

Here are a few references...

Gerald Massey, English writer and author of the book, Egypt the Light of the World, wrote, "The dignity is so ancient that the insignia of the Pharaoh evidently belonged to the time when Egyptians wore nothing but the girdle of the Negro." (p 251)

Anthropologist, Count Constatin de Volney (1727-1820) said: he ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood mixed for several centuries with that of the Romans and Greeks, must have lost the intensity of it's original color, while retaining none the less the imprint of it's original mold. We can even state as a general principle that the face (referring to The Sphinx) is a kind of monument able, in many cases, to attest to or shed light on historical evidence on the origins of the people."

Now read this verse from the bible (Paul is mistaken for an EGYPTIAN and clarifies to them that he is a Jew)

"Are you not the egyptian who before these day..." Acts 21:38
"Then Paul said: I am in fact, a Jew." Acts 21:39

Fact is, Jesus wasn't white. He was more than likely Black or very Tan. Show a few verses from the bible that indicate anything of him or the Jews being white. Jews in the bible aren't even the Jews of Today.

And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven LOCKS of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him Judges 16:19

Even today you do a search for a picture of samson who had 7 LOCKS, you'll get a picture of some hippy with straight hair. Go ahead, find a picture of Samsom with these 7 Locks and report your findings. Most of you are victims of this deception.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Black, brown, white, pink, purple, green, he knew he was collaborating a whole to fix the spirit of man left behind, not of the vision but of the obstacle.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Black, brown, white, pink, purple, green, he knew he was collaborating a whole to fix the spirit of man left behind, not of the vision but of the obstacle.

I realize this... In fact, I agree.

But if you read the title of the thread, you will see that this is meant for discussion of his (Jesus') skin color. Even if it doesn't matter. He didn't ask wether the skin color was relevant, he simply denied what was more than likely fact. I provided some references for him to check.

I am simply going by what the thread is intended for, even if its irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join