It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
I think he must have been quite arab looking.
So not realy white.
Like a Palestinian more like, after all he was from Bethlehem right.

or, to put it another way, not black either.

More than likely he was of olive complexion, which does not mean one is not white, especially in the climate of the middle east

Bottom line is it does not matter what colour he is, what matters, if you believe in him, is that he existed and what his message entails.

If you don't believe in him then why are you debating the skin colour of someone you think never existed?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by plague

He likely had dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. This is a far cry from the blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned Jesus in many modern pictures

who knows, Ive even seen some ridiculous sub saharan black representations of Jesus, which appears equally ludicrous

DOesnt really matter, not surprising that images emerging from Europe would reflect culture, ideas, representation etc from that area

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow I cant believe people argue so passionately over the skin color of a fictional person.
Jesus was a fiction based on may othet Son of God fables.
Not one scrap of REAL proof can be found for his exsisted No writing from the court that convicted him, No mention in any historical cross reference of that time, No writings from even one of the three Kings that were supposed to have traveled to worship him. Not one note to the people back home about this great event and what to do in their kings absence.
Josephus hated Harriot with a passion and wrote ever wicked thing he did BUT not one word on baby killing something that would have mad his list in great detail and chronicled by many other writers. There is a vague reference to Christ in Josephus's writings BUT has been proven forensically to be a fraud by someone desperate for proof, most say it was the church. It is now acknowledged as such by even the church.
"Show me the money" meaning proof.
Remember "Challenge your preconceptions"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jesus was the physical manifestation of God,therefor he was of whatever skin color and nationality the civilization chosen for him to contact was.Contrary to logic Jesus was not of the race of the most powerful civilization at the time(Rome),and contrary to common belief Jesus was not of a special race (the Hebrews) used for a greater divine purpose(Roman persecution).Jesus did not only come to those in the mid-east,Jesus came to Indians in North America as well likely all civilizations on all continents.We only know of the story of his coming in the mid-east.The point is that Jesus's skin color or nationality does not matter,he was God,God was him,being the all powerful force and creator of existence something as primitive and petty as skin color or planetary nationality is irrelevent,the message is all that matters.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Jesus belongs to humanity, his color and race are totally unimportant.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello to all the white, black, olive skinned etc. who come to this page. While reading the entries, I truly understand that it doesn’t matter what color the man was and that it was all about his message, BUT, if his color doesn’t matter so much, why not depict him more historically or regionally accurate……..?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red

Black people are also not black. We are dark brown to albino which includes bronze in the spectrum.

www.africanbynature.com...

I refered to this type of situation in my thread " Separation Anxiety ". Due to the hatred and fear that the European man had for the people of color, it was decided that anything good automatically had to be white or close. The original man(black) has been scorned and shunned throughout the world.

By using the term "people of colour", you are also indulging in classification and derogatory behaviour- I am most certainly "of colour" as is every white person Ive ever seen, no matter how "pale"

Also, the "EUROPEAN MAN" had a long association of dark meaning bad and white equal good from a rather simpler source- the night, the night (ie dark) was considered a time when evil spirits could come forth and evil deeds be done, whereas with day break *the light/white* good could prevail.

But no, you get stuck in your victimhood bubble and reinvent European history to suit your debased bigoted afrocentric needs

[edit on 30-6-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Jesus is one of us we are al one!

stick to what is important he was a Human with a message he knew what we all one day will know "that everything is connected and we al come from one source"

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
true jesus's colour doesnt matter, only his message matters but to help put some of his words in proper context or to help verify some mystreis in history , his arce may be important to me it doesnt matter too but i find it quite interesting, i once open up my bible to read scripture and my eyes landed on genesis chapter 2...where it says a river flowed out of eden..and beyond eden it watered cush..you can check bible and read the whole text..in todays cush would have been sudan thats the region just above uganda or actually that nile valley because africa was borderless untill colonialism but the point is ..get a good news bible and read it yourself..the only problem we have is that for some reason the bible text has been changed over and over again under the guise of finding new evidence and better inteprettation of the aramaic or hebrew language, now instead of cush , in recent publications or versions of the bible u'll find cush replaced with names like mesopotamia and other names , the bible has been changed many times thats one thing critians dont want to admit, but i got this from my old bible i didnt have to hear it from a pastor and it didnt take me rocket science to figure out what region it could possibly have been , thats why i could for some reason give the DNA findings a benefit of doubt for tracing the origins of humanity back to africa and for folks who strongly argue that jesus couldnt be black the bible is both a spiritual and historical book. historically jesus can be traced back to africa , because his ancestors like moses were african, this is so because at the time the "jews" were enslaved the egyptian empire was ruled by african pharoes, not those white men and arabs you see in the century fox movies..and there was no way that an arab looking boy was going to grow up in a black king's place without raising eye brows and question .. since the bible tells us that moses was picked up and raised by the pharoes daugther, the current egyptians look like people from the orient because of an arab invasion that broke into egypt at a tyme when the egyptian empire was collapsing giving birth to the current arabic pollulation, so please people use your brains when you go to church instaed of blind faith you as christians have a duty to inteprette the bible yourselves not just relying on the minister and movies that have fabricated and falsified history , acknowledge that your ignorant then fix the the problem..re-educate your self... it's just like after world war II they interntional community went and cut off a peice of palestine and named it isreal and then shiped people from left right and center to "isreal " as the jews...and besides when they speak about jesus being african it doesnt mean he was dark skinned there are so many different skin sheds in african , just like we have the caucasians as blonds, red heads, and black heads, he was neither black and neither was he blue eyed and blond haired, but it's absurd that people are so narrow minded, because till today there are groups of people in africa that still practice those ancient jewish rites, some of them even have ornaments like the arc of the convenant , so dont just sit there and imagine that you know enuff, what you know could be illusion, some "truth that was pumped in your head since sunday school" it aint even a scratch of the surface and your not even allowed to question it, well then why did God give us free will if he didnt want us to reason??...think think think people..or is it the devil that Gave it to you ?? Y'all who are disputing the possibility of jeus's ancestry being africa go do some history then get back to the blogg..yours trully..the wise 1

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN ... -----snip----

Scientifically, the color of your skin is just an adaptation to the environment. It does not make of who you are.

People who have dark skin has more melanin which protects them from dangerous UV rays, known to cause skin cancers. So people living near the equator which has more UV light tend to have darker skin tone as the body's defense against UV light.

So, scientifically, since Jesus was around the area of Jerusalem most of the time, what is the climate of Jerusalem?

Jerusalem is situated at a relatively high altitude, and therefore experiences quite cold, wet winters with occasional light snowfalls. By contrast summers are dry and warm, with low humidity and temperatures averaging around 75°F (24°C), making for pleasant bright days. During autumn and spring a hot desert wind called the sharav is common.

www.wordtravels.com...

So, by looking at the climate, most probably, Jesus was tanned during summer, and lighter skin during winter. His skin tone will look exactly like middle eastern folks.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lmao. . Tell me this..What "white" person you know is originally from the middle east and can stand all of that heat? Um lets first remember that the continent of Africa spread out to the middle east. That is of course before the divisions of states and countries. If you go back into your caucasion history you will see that white people migrated from higher altitude contries.Thus having the longer noses, the pale skin, the thin straggly hair They are the off spring of Cain where God cursed Cain for killing his brother. And by that he turned his skin color to white

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
He was black.

And gay too. Just ask John, "the disciple whom Jesus loved".

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN

If you mean have a dark complection as most Africans do, it is unlikely. Egyptian paintings depicted semites as more olive/lighter complection
Link 1
Link 2

Also, David the king of Israel is depicted in the Old Testament as having red hair (Hebrew אַדְמֹנִי means red haired) in 1 Samuel 16:12 and 17:42, and that is pretty rare in people with very dark complection.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bluesjunior

how do you come to the conclusion that if we all came from Africa we are from black descent?

i am assuming (so forgive me) that you are science rather than faith person

if so could you tell me exactly where, millions of years ago the land mass of Africa was?

david

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He looked like a mixture between Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, get used to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't think he was black, because they would have had fried chicken and watermellon at the last supper !

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The true israelites where dark skinned people Joshua bin Joseph or jesus was not dark complected but obviously of African origin.It does matter what everyone looks like because you were sculpted by G-d . People remember Africans did travel before the hellacaust or slavery so we were in the holy lands living. Look at your map and see how close it is with Afrika. The plains of space being black is enough proof for me........................Peace.......................Bdominate.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by joey

retired history professor? You must also see yourself or promote yourself as over 6" tall and dashingly handsome as well as so cool etc ... everyone on the internet is so great ... now go get your GED!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noisy_brit_kid

are you saying that the way the people who are called jews today look is the standerd for the way the ancient hebrews looked? if so you are so full of it. first of all if you read the bible you would know that abrhaham the father of the hebrews was a citizen of the babylonian empire founded by the sun of ham/. nimrod/ of cu#e origin(sun burnt). second of all it is written that a mixed multitude came out of egypt at the time of the exodus,,mixed multitude means diffrent variations of colors/ and it was also written that this mixed multitude were called the children of israel by the egyptians and by god himself/ meaning that the distintion of an israelite in the eyes of god(which mattered the most) was based on not skin color but culture. what is so special about flesh? flesh is sin which is a direct assult against the god you claim to respect. so do not boast in your flesh.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join