It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look of Irans tank factory!!! (Pictures)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
M6D

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Basically we might see a semi copy of what happened in the first gulf war ( a distinct possibility)

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
Ehrm the 8:th picture shows wheels for passenger trains.. Heh something tells med they're not supposed to be there..

Wheels for passenger trains?!!! Dude... I think you should look better or maybe you've to see more tanks

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just thought that comment was comical and moved on. However this thread is toast now that NR has been canned.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
I just thought that comment was comical and moved on. However this thread is toast now that NR has been canned.

Don't worry, he's back but under another nickname! I could say his name but let him lay down for a while!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aria
Wheels for passenger trains?!!! Dude... I think you should look better or maybe you've to see more tanks

Oo yes somebody questioned me!
Well let me tell you this: I work in a place where we turn this kind of wheels. About 25 of them per day.. I'd recognise the profile any day. But I'm still curious what your think they might be othervise?

pic from a british railyard

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
^^^ I agree they look very much like narrow guage train wheels. They look far too narrow for tank wheels

It's quite possible the factory is dual use for trains and tanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thats exactly what they are, train wheels.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oo yes somebody questioned me!
Well let me tell you this: I work in a place where we turn this kind of wheels. About 25 of them per day.. I'd recognise the profile any day. But I'm still curious what your think they might be othervise?

They look like train wheels. You are correct. But this kind of wheels are mostly used for this kind of tanks (APC):

Note: the Chinese and Russian APC's are smaller than the US or British APC's.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

[edit on 6-12-2005 by aria]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I say thank Allah for Warthogs. Tanks look tough, but they are supremely vulnerable on a high-tech battlefield. I would never want to be a tanker.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I say who gives a toss if the Iranian's can build a decent tank or not. Hardly secret stuff now is it. There are far more interesting and important threads in the weaponry forum which get bugger all attention. For the life of me I can't understand why

It would be nice to think that this forum might be something better than the standed military forums all over the net. Well, all one can do is hope.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They look like train wheels. You are correct. But this kind of wheels are mostly used for this kind of tanks (APC):

They look because they are

Because the wheels in apc's and tanks have a slit in the middle to steer the tracks.. And they are much smaller in diameter.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

They look because they are

Because the wheels in apc's and tanks have a slit in the middle to steer the tracks.. And they are much smaller in diameter.

Aha, so maybe the tanks are undercover as trains? Or maybe the trains are undercover as tanks? Or maybe the trains are tanks? Or the tanks are trains? Or tanks that look like trains but they are tanks? Or maybe trains that look like tanks but they are trains? Or maybe they don't have trains that look like tanks? Or maybe they have no tanks that looks like trains? Or maybe they use tanks as trains or trains as tanks?

uhhhhhhhhhm...... guys............. I'm confused! What did I say?

was it the train that looks like tanks? or the tank that looks like trains? or was it the train.......... aaaaaaaah.............................. forget it!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
The Abrams and Chally 2 armor also has a very hard cast surface, unlike the older soviet tanks, allowing it to "crack" sabot rounds in very lucky instances.

About all this "they can't pierce the Abrams!" stuff... check this picture, from Iraq.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Almost all of the Abrams tanks destroyed in Iraq were destroyed by OTHER Abrams, after tehy were disabled. It has been proven that Iraqi Sabot rounds can't penetrate Abrams armor. A T-72 fired a Sabot round at an M1, point blank in GW1, and it bounced off and scored the armor.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
About all this "they can't pierce the Abrams!" stuff... check this picture, from Iraq.

LOL, that tanks was destroyed by the US, using a DU sabot. The tank was also hit with 2 Maverick missiles, which it withstood.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It was also hit in the turret rear, but seriously, that tank got trashed by something more than a APFSDS round, like he said 2 maverick missiles.

I still dont put much faith in the T-54 design today. It was the cream of the crop.....back in the 50's...but thats like sending a soldier into combat with a jet from the 50's.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
A T-72 fired a Sabot round at an M1, point blank in GW1, and it bounced off and scored the armor.

There was a picture on this forum of a british callenger 1 tank which that occured to , a point blank shot.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There was an M-1 that got stuck in a mud hole, and three T-72s came upon it, and it took out all three of them, with minimal damage to the M-1. The third T-72 fired a third HEAT round, which bounced off, like the other two, switched to a Tungsten Sabot round, fired at point blank range, and it scored the turret armor as it bounced off. At that point the M-1 fired its third Sabot round and took out the last tank.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
the challenger was hit in the front glacis (strongest part lol) and it just scored a channel upwards and away

good story about the M1

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join