It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look of Irans tank factory!!! (Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What Iran need, is a patriot missile-like and an anti-patriot missile of course. With that, great tanks and great planes and anti-b2, they could win a war without help from china or russia.

But if the USA uses the nuke, they will lost for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's nice that Iran is (re)building tanks etc... but I saw an article in Farsi that Iran was involved with the F-16 project somewhere in late 70's. Unfortunatelly the 1979 revolution took place and we could not help building the F-16. Other countries like The Netherlands, Israel and Turkey did.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Be prepared for a crap-storm from our American friends, they are a little paranoid and a little bit proud, whenever you mention something might be better than American stuff they freak

How alien it must seem to the British to be proud of your country, understandable though.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

If they`ve got a a laser range finder on the Chieftens , and they`ve copied the gun , then the Abrahms is in for a tough time , as the gun used out ranges it.

Which gun would that be ? and what is its range ?

I really doubt its even on par to the M1A1, the M1A1 still has far superior armor, and the T.72 gun cant even penetrate frontal armour of the M1A1.

Please look more carefully into your sources, they are not just old soviet tech, heavily upgraded with advanced cannons and shells so i'm sure its a match, Also why do you think we made ATGM's and TOW's? new anti-tank missile Kosar can ripp through the M1/A2 abrams like hot knife through butter.

Hmm ok, got any informtaion on your 'new' tank gun and ammunition ?

Thanks bro, There hasn't been any reprts on it yet but for sure it will be using 125mm smoothburner gun and not Russian tank shells but our own

Well 125mm would probaly mean it's a direct copy of a RUssian tank gun and the ammo is probably a mere copy as well.

You were right about americans here they did get off topic but rogue needs to stop acting like one, his countrys military sucks so he switches to U.S....

Hmm, our military is one of the best trained in the world. We are small, that is all, however we punch far above our weight, as has been sjpwn time and time again.
Come to think of it an American 3 star general in Afghanistan called the Australian soldiers there ' the finest light infantry in the world '
That was of course after we saved countless maerican lives in Operation Anaconda

[edit on 27-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Rouge - the original challenger tank is a chieftain chassis with a new turret and the CHARM 1 gun - which was fitted to the export version of the Chieftain as well as the British Army Chieftains.

The challenger 1 was to be built for guess who - the Shah of Iran , but the project went over to the brits after the shah was deposed in 1979.

So with the L11A5 gun and HESH load , the Iranian Chieftains ARE a threat to the M1 tanks

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
How alien it must seem to the British to be proud of your country, understandable though.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

I do not understand this statement, why would the British be proud of my country (The Netherlands).

I hope i'm not misunderstood here, I love America but I do not like the fact they are always picking on minorities on this board such as the Iranians, Russians, Chinese and Indians, I am interested in ALL weapon development, to say that one can manufacture better weapons than the other is just arrogant, I know Russia has MANY Abrams killing ATGM's, so does China.

The Abrams is a great tank! don't get me wrong, but it's far from invincible.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk

I do have a question for our american colleagues, when it comes to knocked out Abrams, do you recover them or burn them out, have there ever been an incident where the Abram was not burnt out or recovered? because if there was it would be interesting to see in a few years if there is a few Iranian Abram clones rolling accross the desert.

We usually recover them if the tank is in fact intact enough that requires sending it back to the states to study it. Any other parts are left behind that are useless.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Rouge - the original challenger tank is a chieftain chassis with a new turret and the CHARM 1 gun - which was fitted to the export version of the Chieftain as well as the British Army Chieftains.

The challenger 1 was to be built for guess who - the Shah of Iran , but the project went over to the brits after the shah was deposed in 1979.

So with the L11A5 gun and HESH load , the Iranian Chieftains ARE a threat to the M1 tanks

Well HESH rounds aren't effective that's why they're very rare these days. Modern armour doesn't scab, hence the hesh becomes almost useless. Also the decreased muzzle velocity of a HESH round makes shooting over long distances rather inaccurate.

Also, I'm assuming that you think this new Iranian tank has a copy of a Brit tank gun and not a Russian one.

M6D

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I remind you when referring to a T-72 i refer to the russian version and its copies, which as we have seen were sluaghtered in iraq quite easily. However rouge is right, you'll need to back up your outlandish claims that you make about the clear 'superity' of your iranian made stuff, and your rounds which are stil first genereatio to your country, i dont have to remind you that countries like britain and america are decades ahead in these.

Also, you'll know however the challenger 2 is certainly a lot more deadly then the challenger 1, dont underestimate it.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Well HESH rounds aren't effective that's why they're very rare these days. Modern armour doesn't scab, hence the hesh becomes almost useless. Also the decreased muzzle velocity of a HESH round makes shooting over long distances rather inaccurate.

Also, I'm assuming that you think this new Iranian tank has a copy of a Brit tank gun and not a Russian one.

The brits use HESH alot , in preference to APFSDS loadout , but of course use APFSDS and DU as well.

a good FCS system will compensate for any `inaccuaracies` over long range - don`t forget the brits hold the record for the longest range tank kill - and that was with HESH as well

Yes i think its a copy of the Chieftain gun as the 120mm is known to pop T-72`s , even 20 years ago!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
M6D, Iraq used plain vanilla T-72, not the T-72A or B like Russia is using, the unupgraded T-72 is not up to M1A1's back then, but the T-72 IS in most aspects superior to the M60A3 though, however the M60's have better FCS that make it able to fire on the move much better.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a good FCS system will compensate for any `inaccuaracies` over long range - don`t forget the brits hold the record for the longest range tank kill - and that was with HESH as well

Maybe against a stationary target, but I doubt it would be that accurate against a moving target.
As for the longest range tank kill - I believe it was 5.1km in GF1, not using a HESH round but a sabot round called the CHARM 3 or something like that and yes it was from a Brit tank.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hmmmm , IF the CHARM round was used in GF1 (its a DU load) then the Iranians could also use it , as the gun on the Challenger is the same as on the Chieftain.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hmmmm , IF the CHARM round was used in GF1 (its a DU load) then the Iranians could also use it , as the gun on the Challenger is the same as on the Chieftain.

Well depends on how much iranium they are enriching

The tank which they destroyed was an old T-55 in a static defensive position, hardly a challenging target.

If they'd be shooting at an Abrams from that distance, it wouldn't have penetrated.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Or with the case of the T-72 sabot rounds the Iraq forces had , they didn`t penetrate at 100 feet!!

I`ve seen the piccie of the challeneger which bounced that round - it plowed up th front , but didn`t get through.

Anyway - IF the new gun is based upon the Chieftain gun , then the M1`s will be introuble , as , unlike Iraq m Iran is somewhat different terrain.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Anyway - IF the new gun is based upon the Chieftain gun , then the M1`s will be introuble , as , unlike Iraq m Iran is somewhat different terrain.

Well, depends what sort of fire control system they have and their ability to produce high quality ammunition.
The Abrams superiority mainly lies with the new digital networks that will link them all together. They will be far more effective than any other unit of a similar size.

Don't forget, if ( big if ) it did come to a war between Iran and the US; then US airpower would play a major role in destroying Iranian armour.

Also, what sort of armour are the Iranians going to use
if it's just rolled steel then a .50 SLAP round could penetrate it.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
well , uranium (or even the ammo) they could get from russia

armour? if they`ve copied the chieftain (or even somehow got hold of a dead abrahms) then they *might* have layered armour on them.

maybe a databus as well - then you could have a baby challenger tank

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

well , uranium (or even the ammo) they could get from russia

Assuming Russia makes 120mm rounds. There are plenty of companies which make KE tungsten penetrators. However I don't think tungsten is self sharpening like DU when it hits it's target.

armour? if they`ve copied the chieftain (or even somehow got hold of a dead abrams) then they *might* have layered armour on them.

Well the Chieftan just used RHA ( Rolled Homogenous Armour ) and I don't think an Abrams is missing. It seems though they are taking the Russian route with regards to explosve applique armour. IMO this is inferior to US or European tanks.

maybe a databus as well - then you could have a baby challenger tank

Now this is getting to be more an experimental design. I doubt they'd have the money for R&D and then line production of a tank that complex.

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey Rogue stop acting American!!! your australian dude how bout you talk about their army for once? oh i forgot you guys are just another puppet for US, is it because your military sucks? tank rounds are all produced in iran and we made over 5 tanks on our own so don;'t say we don't have the money or technology to make armoured vehicles or anything advanced....

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Hey Rogue stop acting American!!! your australian dude how bout you talk about their army for once? oh i forgot you guys are just another puppet for US, is it because your military sucks?

LOL, yes we are small, but highly professional. I'm sure one Aussie infantryman would be worth 5 Basij
Not to mention our special forces, which are amongst the very best in the world

tank rounds are all produced in iran and we made over 5 tanks on our own so don;'t say we don't have the money or technology to make armoured vehicles or anything advanced....

Yeah, but where are the specs for your tanks ? Like I said show me something to change my mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join