It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look of Irans tank factory!!! (Pictures)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

LOL, yes we are small, but highly professional. I'm sure one Aussie infantryman would be worth 5 Basij Not to mention our special forces, which are amongst the very best in the world

Highly professional my a**, your country won't even stand a chance
is there anything your country is self sufficent in? hmm let me guess NOTHING!! 1 aussie infantry men would be worth a mere penny in iran
1 battalion of infantry green berrets in Iran are worth your whole army...

[edit on 28-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

LOL, yes we are small, but highly professional. I'm sure one Aussie infantryman would be worth 5 Basij Not to mention our special forces, which are amongst the very best in the world

Highly professional my a**, your country won't even stand a chance
is there anything your country is self sufficent in? hmm let me guess NOTHING!! 1 aussie infantry men would be worth a mere penny in iran
1 battalion of 34th infantry regiment of green berrets in Iran are worth your whole army...

Hmm lol.....LMAO. You know nothing it seems of my country or its armed forces. Hell Australia only has 20 million people and an economy that dwarves Irans. Iran isn't called 3rd world for nothing.
Actually our defense budget would be bigger than piddly Iran as well

We invest in high tech, not the crapola Iran puts out.
Seriously though, Iranian soldiers are mediocre at best, look at the Iran/Iraq war

Like I said before, where are the stats for this vaunted tank of yours ? You still haven't produced them - what too embarassing

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hmm lol.....LMAO. You know nothing it seems of my country or its armed forces. Hell Australia only has 20 million people and an economy that dwarves Irans. Iran isn't called 3rd world for nothing.
Actually our defense budget would be bigger than piddly Iran as well
We invest in high tech, not the crapola Iran puts out.
Seriously though, Iranian soldiers are mediocre at best, look at the Iran/Iraq war

Like I said before, where are the stats for this vaunted tank of yours ? You still haven't produced them - what too embarassing

Iran at 29th best economy int he world and an member of WTO soon is good enough for me, and what high tec weapons do you invest in? wheres all the military equipment you have instead of buying? you buy because your country is not self-sufficent and doesnt have the capability like us. What about Iran/Iraq war? what about Vietnam war US was in and they lost, what about North korea war that US lost? what is there you need to know about the specs of the tanks be more specific idiot!

PS- still trying to act american huh? no wonder you probably get rejected all the time by your own people

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Rouge

I Think the Chieftains are the mk12 standard with ROMOR (stillbrew) armour boxes in critical locations AND reactive armour as well

IF they have got the upgrades then it really is a nasty tank (even now) with CHARM , thermal sights and laser range finder and a basic ballistix computer (all comercially available as well)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
First, what type of engines are these Iranian tanks using.
Something new?
Something really really fast?

Second, Iran needs to support these tanks with both fixed and nonfixed winged aircraft, something like Cobras and A10's

Because if they don't, the only good these new tanks will be good for is crowd control like in China's Tenimein Square.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey! You igmos remiond me of a couple rival football team fans poking at one another at the office coffee pot.
It's all fun and games until one of you get seriously mad at the other, so why not tone it down just a bit, huh?
Besides, newcomers might not realize you guys are having your typical fun and by scared to post their thoughts.

Sheesh. A bar owners worst nightmare; you two pick his place to stop of for a couple brews and a conversation.

NR

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
S1RR we have alot of bomber, mostly F-4's, azarkash and Saegeh-80. All use iranian made PGM's and napalm bombs which we re-engineered along time ago. If you guys want to know everything about Zulfiqar-3MBT than i suggest you guys to read this article. Iranian made cobras are also equiped with state of the art anti-tank weapons like Toophan 1 and 2 with Kosar.

Defence Industries organization
Zulfiqar MBT

Early in 1994, Iran unveiled a new MBT called the Zulfigar which has been developed by 'Construction Crusade', an arm of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.
Russia is known to have provided Iran with a quantity of T-72 MBTs and recent reports have indicated that the Zulfigar uses some components of the Russian T-72 including the 125 mm smoothbore gun and automatic loader. The T-72S, which Is an export version of the T-72 and is fitted with ERA, is now being manufactured in Iran under license.

A detailed analysis of available information and photographs of the Zulfiqar reveal that the hull and turret are of welded steel construction and bear little resemblance to the T-72 at all.

The Russian T-72 MBT, like the earlier T-54/T-55/ T-62, is powered by a diesel engine with the air Intakes/ outlets in the hull roof and the single exhaust outlet on the left side of the hull towards the rear.

The new Iranian MBT is powered by a diesel engine with two exhaust outlets in the rear of the hull; this could indicate the engine is a V-type. The layout of the Zulfigar MBT is conventional with the driver front left, turret in the centre and the power pack at the rear. The driver has a single-piece hatch cover that opens to the right and three day periscopes for driving when closed up. Suspension appears to be of the torsion bar type with six dual rubber-tired roadwheels, idler at the front and large drive sprocket at the rear; there are five return rollers.

The roadwheels and other parts of the suspension appear to be very similar to those of the US M60 series MBT which has been in service with Iran for many years. The hull of the Iranian MBT is of the box shape rather than the boat shape of the M48/M60 series.
The front of the turret is well sloped and is angled to the rear to provide the maximum possible level of protection. There is a domed ventilator in the turret roof on the right side and this is similar to that fitted to the US M48/M60 series MBTs, as are the day/night driving lights mounted on the glacis plate.

The commander is seated on the right with the gunner on the left. The two examples of the Zulfiqar do have a number of minor differences in the commander's cupola. The first one is similar to that used in the T-72 while the second one has a cupola that is similar to that developed in Israel and has an externally mounted 12.7 mm MG.
Main armament comprises a 125 mm smoothbore gun which is fitted with a fume extractor and may well be fed by an automatic loader. The 125 mm gun is positioned in a very narrow mantlet and there does not appear to be a coaxial machine gun fitted.

Iran may well have the capability to assemble an MBT, but it must be considered very doubtful if every single component used in the Zulfigar is produced in Iran. Some key subsystems must still be imported. No detailed specifications of the Zulfigar have been released but Iran sources have stated that it has a combat weight of 40 tonnes, is powered by a 1,000 hp diesel and has a maximum road speed of 70 km/h.
Iranian sources also claim that the Zulfigar is fitted with a weapon stabilization system and a computerized fire-control system which includes a laser range-finder. Night vision equipment is also fitted.

Late in 1999, it was stated that development of the third-generation Zulfiqar MBT had been completed and volume production for the Iranian ground forces had commenced.

Since the existence of the Zulfiqar MBT was first revealed in 1994, further development has taken place with the latest version claimed to have fundamental differences, especially in the turret.

According to Iran, the Zulfigar MBT features an NBC system, good cross-country mobility, advanced fire control system (possibly of European origin) and laser range-finder for improved first round hit capability and reinforced passive armor.
It is believed that the 125 mm smooth bore gun and its associated automatic loading system is the same as that installed in the T-72S MBT which is now being manufactured in Iran under a deal signed with Russia several years ago. This feeds the 125 mm projectile and then the charge into the 125 mm gun. A 7.62 mm machine gun is mounted coaxial with the main armament.

Russia and Poland have also supplied Iran with about 200 T-72 series MBTs which were delivered between 1993 and 1995. In many respects the Zulfigar MBT is very similar in. appearance to the now defunct Brazilian ENGESA Osorio MBT but with suspension similar to that of the 105 mm armed M60 MBT already in service with Iran. Prototypes of the Osorio were armed with a 105 mm rifled tank gun or a 120 mm smoothbore gun, both of which were manually loaded.

It is believed that the power pack of the Zulfiqar MBT may also be used in the upgraded Iranian T-54/T-55/ Type 59 MBT which is also called the Type 72Z and covered in a separate entry. This consists of a Russian V-46-6 V-12 diesel developing 780 hp coupled to a SPAT 1200 transmission. This gives Zulfiqar a maximum road speed of 65 km/h.

Status
In production. In service with the Iranian Army. There are no known exports of the Zulfiqar.

Manufacturers
Defence Industries Organisation. Shahid Kolah Dooz Industrial Complex.

Courtesy: Janes Armor & Artillery

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
EDIT : ^^^^ LMAO, your own source says the tank is mediocre at best, 40 tonnes - Christ that must have weak armour

Originally posted by NR

Iran at 29th best economy int he world and an member of WTO soon is good enough for me, and what high tec weapons do you invest in? wheres all the military equipment you have instead of buying? you buy because your country is not self-sufficent and doesnt have the capability like us.

LOL, if we wanted to waste money copying outdated equipment, we'd do a better job than Iran - simple fact. We don't want crap though - all the stuff you've shown Iran producing are just outdated copies.
Iran isn't allowed to buy the stuff we can
Iran couldn't afford it anyways.
What would the poor bloody bastards in Iran do, without oil

You can't produce the weapons we buy. Can Iran make the F-35 fighter - LMAO.
Can you make cruise missiles with more than rudimentary radar guidance - didn't think so.
Can you build decent submarines - no, you buy the crappier ones from Russia

What about Iran/Iraq war? what about Vietnam war US was in and they lost, what about North korea war that US lost?

You didn't see the Americans in Vietnam, marching human waves of unarmed kids against you. What brilliant tactics by the Iranians

what is there you need to know about the specs of the tanks be more specific idiot!

LMAO, your calling me an idiot - I think your posts speak for themselves

Do you hvae selective eyesight or something
I'v asked you specifics a few times on this thread about the tanks armour, gun and ammo. Yet you still refuse to post any information - gee I wonder why
Maybe because the information will prove your tanks crap
Thought so.

PS- still trying to act american huh? no wonder you probably get rejected all the time by your own people

LOL, this doesn't make sense to me - does it to anyone else. Mate you need to grow up and stop living in fantasy land

BTW - Why are you always posting crap rom the Iranian defense industry. What is so special about producing copies and 2nd rate weapons ?

[edit on 28-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You know what? I ain't got time for all of this "my # is better than yours" junk.

NR, very nice photos, Sir. I appreciate you finding these articles and threads and bringing them here for us to see. I really enjoy weapons systems manufacturing, and I am also always glad to see a country building their own stuff.

Keep up the good work, NR!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You know what? I ain't got time for all of this "my # is better than yours" junk.

Well you know what - I've never been the type to sit here and take crap from somebody. If you look back throught the posts, you'll see who started it
Unfortunately on ATS, if you don't corretc what people write,others will read it and take it as fact.
I was civil to begin with, asking for information - you can read what he wrote next.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I simply noticed Iran was producing a version of the T-54, that should in itself speak volumes.

M6D

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
producing a T-54 with explosive armour = US and UK go in to Laughing fits.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ehrm the 8:th picture shows wheels for passenger trains.. Heh something tells med they're not supposed to be there..

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Rogue, if you noticed, I didn't point any fingers at any one individual, did I?

Stop feeling guilty or singled out. And, remember, if someone slights you and you ignore it, who looks bigger? If you throw back, who all looks small?
I mean, sure, we can kick the unmitigated dog crap out of the Iranian forces, but who spends gobs on having that ability? And, why not appreciate their equipment for what it is, without having to compare it to someone else's? That's all I'm saying. Why can't NR have a little pride in his nation and his military? I wouldn't give two hoots in Hell for someone who doesn't have pride in his nation, and his pride doesn't take the first thing away from mine.

Besides, I want him to enjoy his pride. When his government finally wears on our last nerve and we destroy his military, he won't have it anymore!

Sorry, NR, I just couldn't help throwing a bit of humor in there! I hope it never comes to that.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
T-55`s even upgraded won`t be more than target practise - the RHA really isn`t up to stopping much of `todays` weapons - if you consider that the M829A2 round will penertrate at least 730mm at 2km`s and a T-62 with ERA offers protection to 280mm on the turret , then the round will blow throw it ; heck the L15 round of the Chieftain will go through it (the L15 will penertrate somewhere around 355mm at 2km`s and more at battle ranges)

If you consider that the Chieftain has a 1970`s load - and will pop the T-72A in its strongest part , then they NEED layered armour with ERA.

but T-72`s don`t have that , only the later T-84`s or T-90`s have that.

And ammo wise , the L15 , will go through 355mm , whereas the M1A1 (which makes up the bulk of the US tanks - the M1A2 and SEP although the `best` don`t represent the `most`) has at the very least (non HA or higher version) of around 500mm on the turret or glacis, and if they are HA or higher series then thats over 600mm RHAe (Rolled Homogeneous Armor Equivalent) those figures are for KE rounds , for CE rounds you might as well double it.

Another big *IF* is , what if they got hold of some L23 ammo? The L23 is the DU round for that gun (L11A5) aand will go through 450mm @ 2km`s with 550+ at 1km - which is enough to go through the side of an M1A1

Thes best protected tanks ARE the mk12 chieftains (with stillbrew) with 540mm on the turret and over 400mm on the glacis but even then they won`t bounce a straight hit from an M1A1 BUT the chances of returning fire are better than being in a T-72 when they cook up.

throw some ERA on a Chieftain and it *might* bounce a hit from an M829A2 *if* the ERA can go off fast enough

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Abrams and Chally 2 armor also has a very hard cast surface, unlike the older soviet tanks, allowing it to "crack" sabot rounds in very lucky instances.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The arguement is over (and very moot), but I just want to note that NR also lives in Australia. Maybe some pride in your new home is in order mate?

If you think tha poorly of the place, move back to Iran then...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Howdie

IF there was a situation where a western army was to invade Iran for any reason, I do fore see some problems, as it has been mentioned already, the Iranians MBT's aren't to the same standard that the western nations are used to.

The thing I would like to see information on, is the fire control system, is it french in orgin, similar to what the chinese are fitting to their T-72s? I frankly can't see these Iranian Tanks doing well in a head to head match, but to be honest, If there was an engagement, I doubt that the Iranians will ever engage in such an old fashioned fight. Think knife fight and I think you would be closer to the truth.

As you all know I am sure, that the Soviets where such a threat to NATO that we spent the last 60 years in a state of "almost" war, now may I ask why some people consider the Iranians as substandard? They operate the soviet equipment and some western models [aircraft and weapons] and I have to say that having read some reports and videos on them, I can't say they are amazing, but I do have to say that they are not the "Towelheads" playing soldiers, I respect their abilities and I might add, while they may need to gang up to produce a kill, they have the reglious, zeil to follow through.

Respect folks, don't forget the respect.

NR do you have any thing on the fire control system?

- Phil

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Its all about the air war..
If you guys maintain enough mechs after the air assaults then its not easy for the americans..
Still the max you guys have is an upgraded T-72 with some indigenous weaponry..
Not good enough for taking on M1A2s.. They def have the upper hand.. and all this talk about hesh/cheiftains is well..kind of optimistic shall we say..
You need T-80s at least and T-90s will be a tech equator..
In any case its got a lot to do with battle tactics and terrain usage..tank warfare depends heavily on terrain.
If you've got nothing better than those T-72s then it would be wise not to take the M1A2s on level/flat/open terrain..Iraqis learnt that the hard way.
I still believe that if the Iraqis had not engaged the american mechs on flat terrain, the gorund battle may have been different..

Sep

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
In an event of war in my humble (and probably ignorant) opinion, I think that tanks would not play a great role at the initial invasion. Iran is an extremely mountainous country and not a place for great tank warfare, and the mountains may become death traps for soldiers inside. Perhaps it would be wiser for Iran to create portable anti-tank equipment and from what I have heard on the news they are progressing fairly rapidly in this field.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join