It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look of Irans tank factory!!! (Pictures)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We make all sorts of tanks from T-72's,T-55's,T-62's and our own versian of Chieftan, theres also a new battle tank were going to make that will be the match of M1A2 ABRAMS and thats the Zulfiqar-3MBT. All of our tank unlike saddams are upgraded, have laser tracking system, night vision systems, iranian made shells and we now make our own explosive reactive armours. We also make all of BMP family military APC's and the cannons with them along with our tanks, as for our tank crews were very skilled and have trained with Russia and China before...

[edit on 27-11-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So what do you guys think?. I personally would like to hear your comments on this topic, As you guys can see we also produce our own tank-fire control system.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Keep up the good work NR.
Nice pictures

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
We make all sorts of tanks from T-72's,T-55's,T-62's and our own versian of Chieftan, theres also a new battle tank were going to make that will be the match of M1A2 ABRAMS and thats the Zulfiqar-3MBT. All of our tank unlike saddams are upgraded, have laser tracking system, night vision systems, iranian made shells and we now make our own explosive reactive armours.

Well what would you like me to say, there is nothing special here. All the technologies you talk about have been around for over 20 years.
I doubt your new tank will be comparable to the Abrams, you just don't have the solid state technology.
What sort of armour does your new tank have ? and are you sabot rounds made out of Tungsten or DU ?

We also make all of BMP family military APC's and the cannons with them along with our tanks, as for our tank crews were very skilled and have trained with Russia and China before...

Well, Russia hasn't fought an armoured engagement since WWII and China hasn't fought one ever. I don't know how much you could actually learn from them.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR
So what do you guys think?. I personally would like to hear your comments on this topic, As you guys can see we also produce our own tank-fire control system.

Yes, very nice pictures indeed. But I have one question, why didn't you put this comment (that I quoted) in your original thread...???????

M6D

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
One question, whats the second to last tank? its quite clearly not an abrams but seems to share some similarities.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nice pictures!

What kind of FCS will the new tank have? will that be anything up-to-date?

It's good to see they are developing sloped armor opposed to round turrets with ERA on it, not that ERA isn't good protection, but it's getting a little outdated compared to Chobhan armor and the likes.

Be prepared for a crap-storm from our American friends, they are a little paranoid and a little bit proud, whenever you mention something might be better than American stuff they freak

M6D

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They have nothing to worry, i doubt it well be better, America while behind britain in composites armour research is still quite advanced, with their chobham varient laced with DU, it looks like the iranian composite is probably their first generation.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Be prepared for a crap-storm from our American friends, they are a little paranoid and a little bit proud, whenever you mention something might be better than American stuff they freak

LMAO, you can mention something is better all you want, doesn't mean it's even close to factual. There have been no facts here which even remotely put this tank on par with an Abrams.
Come on laser range finders were standard equipment for an Abrams over 20 years ago

Like I said, come out with some facts before you start being grandiose

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
cant learn a lot from china or russia, they're still startups. T-55s are ancient as are t-62s. The t-72 might've been a match for the M1A1 but not the A2. We(AMERICA) would still kick a**

M6D

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I really doubt its even on par to the M1A1, the M1A1 still has far superior armor, and the T.72 gun cant even penetrate frontal armour of the M1A1.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If they`ve got a a laser range finder on the Chieftens , and they`ve copied the gun , then the Abrahms is in for a tough time , as the gun used out ranges it.

Its *basically* the same one the brits use now. And with HESH it *could* kill an A2 at range

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
One question, whats the second to last tank? its quite clearly not an abrams but seems to share some similarities.

Its the 3rd version of the Zulfiqar MBT series, there doesnt seem to be much information about that specific tank on the web but I did find this:

The Iranian Zulfiqar [Zolfaqar] main battle tank is believed to be pieced together or developed from major components of the Russian T-72 and American M48 and M60 tanks. This tank, which is claimed to be in production in Irana, is said to be similiar in configuration to the M-48 and M-60. Other reports suggest that it bears a close resemblance to the American M1 Abrams.

Zulfiqar

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

LMAO, you can mention something is better all you want, doesn't mean it's even close to factual. There have been no facts here which even remotely put this tank on par with an Abrams.
Come on laser range finders were standard equipment for an Abrams over 20 years ago

Like I said, come out with some facts before you start being grandiose

Well, I think that Ground Zero was commenting that the US are behind the British when it comes to Armoured Protection. That is fact, all US armour is based off the British design cobolt armour.

As for the Iranian technology, a few t-72s or 64's will not overly impress me, even with that reactive armour. NR do you have any images of your current APC fleet?

I do have a question for our american colleagues, when it comes to knocked out Abrams, do you recover them or burn them out, have there ever been an incident where the Abram was not burnt out or recovered? because if there was it would be interesting to see in a few years if there is a few Iranian Abram clones rolling accross the desert.

- Phil

NR

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

As for the Iranian technology, a few t-72s or 64's will not overly impress me, even with that reactive armour. NR do you have any images of your current APC fleet?

It's not just a few T-72's or 64?'s, our tanks are not like what saddam had, when we produce them we micsure they come in good quality and are heavily upgraded, trust me we know from the gulf war and how powerfull the M1A1/A2 ABRAMS are. We produce all of BMP APC's along with BTR-80 and Boraq APC. ZSU-23-4 Shilka is also mass produced in Iran...

If they`ve got a a laser range finder on the Chieftens , and they`ve copied the gun , then the Abrahms is in for a tough time , as the gun used out ranges it.

Cheiftans are still in our service and are of course upgraded, DM of iran has said before that Cheiftan will be mass produced, we were curious of that because that means we have probably re-engineered it.

I really doubt its even on par to the M1A1, the M1A1 still has far superior armor, and the T.72 gun cant even penetrate frontal armour of the M1A1.

Please look more carefully into your sources, they are not just old soviet tech, heavily upgraded with advanced cannons and shells so i'm sure its a match, Also why do you think we made ATGM's and TOW's? new anti-tank missile Kosar can ripp through the M1/A2 abrams like hot knife through butter.

Nice pictures!

What kind of FCS will the new tank have? will that be anything up-to-date?

It's good to see they are developing sloped armor opposed to round turrets with ERA on it, not that ERA isn't good protection, but it's getting a little outdated compared to Chobhan armor and the likes.

Thanks bro, There hasn't been any reprts on it yet but for sure it will be using 125mm smoothburner gun and not Russian tank shells but our own, It will also be using all modern systems since we have learned so much through combat warfare with tanks on the 8 year war.... You were right about americans here they did get off topic but rogue needs to stop acting like one, his countrys military sucks so he switches to U.S....

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
while on th tank subject egypt has abrams?

www.fprado.com...

didnt know that lol

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Lamagraa]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
while on th tank subject egypt has abrams?

www.fprado.com...

didnt know that lol

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Lamagraa]

almost all middle east countries that are buddies with the US have these toys

just suprised most of you lot are suprised and didnt know this

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is Iran still producing a slighty upgraded T-54 with reactive armor and an IR searchlamp...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just more targets for the new series of US smart weapons such as the AGM154 JSOW.Congregating groups of armoured targets together will just make targets for precision strikes.....
Anyway here's hoping that all this talk of US vs Iraq in this and that is simply that and stays in the realm of fiction where it belongs...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
TIG : Tanks are designed to fulfill a specific strategic need and designing them to to try do everything is not something most armies can afford or should try do . If the Iranians stick to designing a tank suited to their strategic needs it becomes irrelevent wether this tank can fight all other tanks "head on" as popular mythology would require of them. Tanks are manouver units and to design them strictly for a anti-tank role is missing the point completely. Most western tanks are made as massive defensive platforms ( as that is what they would be doing apparently ) and while that is certainly "cool" it does not automatically translate to strategic effectiveness.

Anyways!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join