It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
as i was told many times by people here when they were bashing muslims.
religon is a faith people follow it.
Race is not religon so muslims/jews/christains arent a race
because one race (example black people) can be muslim or christain and so forth) and so forth

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think the english.aljazeera.net... is really very good with pretty standard news and great middle east coverage.

The irony of this whole thing is I thought America claimed to believe in free speech, guess not.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

Originally posted by dbates

I love it when people cite urban-legend as if it were fact. That's right my friend, the Jews are controlling the media...and most of the good bagel shops around here. Do you realize how hard it is for a Muslim to get a good bagel with the Jews in control? I hear there's a take-over bid for Starbucks next. When will the Jews stop their quest for world domination?

Rofl... gotta say that made me laugh.. But its true if you do some looking around most of the major TV networks and media companies are owned by jews, and btw i dont hate jews, i just dont think there half as innocent/victimized as they make themselves out to be.

This is bullshiite. Give some links to support your assertions, and not from some neo-Nazi or PLO site. I see no Jewish domination of the media: Fox News is not Jewish, CNN is not Jewish, NBC is not Jewish, ABC is not Jewish. They may have a larger percentage of Jews then one would find in the population, but that is because Jews tend to rise to the top in any setting. These are all public companies and their chairmans and uppermanagement are not Jewish. NBC is part of GE, CNN is part of TimeWarner, and ABC is part of Disney. The only place that could be argued for is some areas of print media. US News, New Republic, Weekly Standard, Wall Street Journal, all have large Jewish vioces, but so what these are hardly dominating the media.

Your assertions are bullshiite, so how about you give me some of your vaunted research on the subject and prove me wrong. Or did your mom teach you this in her weekly lecture about evil Jews and the truth of the Protocols.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well the far right loves to blame the media, but this is taking it a bit far IMHO.

It does make one wonder if all those reporters getting greased by tanks and the like were just the "tragic accidents" the .gov likes to claim though. I've always suspectd they were 100% intentional and ordered from the top, now I have a little more ammunition (pardon the pun) for this belief.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As i said before...MSNBC HAD A REPORT ON THIS THIS MORNING. They dont normaly report unless its true.

Certainly Fox hasnt had anything. Is that any wonder?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, I hate to be the first to break it to you, but being Jewish can mean ethnically/racially or religiously...and they ARE two separate things. Being Jewish does not necessarily mean you practice the Jewish faith.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maidenwolf
Hidden...saying the Jews aren't a race is completely ignorant (I use that word in its true meaning...that you don't know something...and not in an insulting way). They are a race and they are a religion. You can be Jewish and be a Christian. They are separate identities (to put it in a term that should be easy to understand). When you speak of Jewish people, you should always know what you are speaking of in relation to either.

Yes, I do believe your remarks are racist, and I, personally, find them highly offensive. If one of my children said these things they would be sent to their room after a long talk about this very subject so they could think about it - but I raised them to know better and to not accept this sort of thing out of anybody.

You are wrong... Like i said jews didnt originate from anywhere they claim theres today, they came from all over europe and thru history have decieved the whole world to get what they want. They bomb there own country or allies to start conflicts with people they want disposing of. The jews also caused most the tension the world sees today, with ww2 then all the wars in israel with the jews decieving and stealing even more land!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The topic here is a memo re: Bush wanting to bomb Al Jazeera headquarters .

The topic is not whether or not Jews are a race. Nor is it whether or not the aforementioned Jews are trying to take over the world.

I'm going to politely ask that people stick to the topic of this thread. After all, that's why it's open isn't it?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maidenwolf
Well, I hate to be the first to break it to you, but being Jewish can mean ethnically/racially or religiously...and they ARE two separate things. Being Jewish does not necessarily mean you practice the Jewish faith.

anything to back that up?
because far as i am concerned being jewish is a jew

if you do give a link to prove me wronge then i stand down from my comment

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
[The Arabic-language cable news network Al-Jazeera, subject of the documentary CONTROL ROOM, stirs up controversy wherever it is broadcast. In the United States, the channel is associated with the airing of tapes purported to come from Osama bin Laden. In his 2004 State of the Union Address President Bush referred to Al-Jazeera and others as "hateful propaganda" coming from the Arab world, and Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld has called the network "a mouthpiece for al-Qaeda and a vehicle of anti-American propaganda." Especially troubling to some critics of late has been Al-Jazeera's broadcast of the graphic images of war casualties of the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as images of captive American soldiers.]

www.pbs.org...

In times of war it is very common for unfriendly media to be considered
a threat. It is obvious that Bush & Co. considered Al-Jazeera a threat, making it a legitimate target. Whether or not anyone agrees with that assessment is a mute point, the threat was real to them. The fact OBL
uses it as his mouth piece justifies the steps they were considering.
Sorry folks, but thats War.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I should not have used the term race, but I did because race is often understood to be the same as ethnicity. Technically they are not a race, because they do not all share a common DNA link. It would have been more correct for me to say their ethnicity is separate from their religion.
To say one is Jewish means your mother was also Jewish (it is passed through the mother and not the father), but it is wrong to assume that one practices Judaism which is the religion itself.
Many Jews do not like being told they are a 'race' because it raises issues of the Holocaust when they were classified as a race and then killed.
Sometimes I try to make things "simple" and it is taken wrong. I should know better by now. LOL
I do stand by the difference in ethnicity and religion though. Just because one is 'born' Jewish does not mean they will choose to practice the religion of Judaism.
I still also object to the comments made...they are racist in the pure definition of the word.
I also note that we were asked to stick to the topic, and so I will. If you would like to continue this debate, feel free to U2U me. *S*

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Crusader, you must be a tree hugger, or an Al Gore / JF Kerry Democrat.

I am neither a GOP supporter or a Dem, actually, I don't believe these two parties have a clue on what's really going on in the Us far less the middle east, africa, what have you.

I think the liberals have been too open to gays, weird doctrines, what have you, and that's why they are painted in a bad light, We ll th republicans, jeez!!! That's all I can muster to say at this time. Although the ideal thing for america right now will be a theocracy? yes?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Bomb Al Jazeera?

Al Jazeera's mission is to poison as many Arab minds as they can with lies and dis-information...and our boys have paid in blood for those lies.

Bombing may be somewhat spectacular, I think CIA assasinations of Al jazeera reporters and staff would do the trick.

Lets face it, these people are the enemy.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

US Gov't mission is to poison as many American minds as they can with lies and dis-information...and Iraqi's have paid in blood for those lies.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interesting that Al-Jazeera has yet made no comment to this, huh?
Probably because they realise that The Mirror story is bogus.
Who would of thought?

At any rate, maybe we can get Bush to nail The Mirror when he decides to nail Al-Jazeera?

seekerof

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
HiddenReality, you are either extremely ignorant of history or you are a propaganda agent. I guess both is possible. Either way, it is you who is quite wrong. To quickly clarify, the area calledIsrael never was without a Jewish presence, even when Rome tried to remove all memory of them and their race.
Those to whom you refer as Europeans, and otehrs from around the world, are merely coming back home

No time for an in depth lesson; I get the feeling you probably already know the truth, though.

As far as Dubya, not even he could miss the clear backlash to such an action and how it would have immediately been blamed on America. This must have been an attempt at humor. Americans and Brits don't always get each others' humor, and there are few people who understand Bush, nowadays, anyway.

Don't worry, it won't be too awefully long until we've moved on to our next "elected" moron, and the next one will be a club-member, too.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You know its funny that all it takes is a supposed Top Secret memo being reported by a mediocre news source to be hailed as the holy grail of US evilness. Yet when Al Jazeera publishes tapes of Zarqawi, for some reason he does not exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bush wants to bomb Al-Jazeera into the next week? Well if that happens, the same thing will happen to "big news" networks over here. I purpose this, to keep people like O'Rielly and Hannity off the air, we just boycott the network. Our voice can do much more than what the government is willing to do.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Damn, thats crazy, if this is true Bush is in some serious sh*t, though not as much as he would have if the strike did happen and then this document leaked. As a Bush supporter, the recent 'revelations' have me doubting that support. But we dont need to get into that. All I can say is wow. (But until this is proven solid, I still have to be skeptical.)

[edit on 11/22/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If this story, and the memo cited which details Bush's desire to bomb them is not true, then why this quote from the British Parliament...

Downing Street spokesman Ian Gleeson said Blair's office would have no comment since the memo the Daily Mirror cited is the subject of court action.

They are pretty much authenticating that the memo exists, and it probably deals with Bush wanting to bomb Al Jezeera. Anyone that claims this is bogus is just sticking their head in the sand and not looking at the facts!

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join