It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Its because Bush is so serverly retarded he thinks bombing one media station will silence the world...

Why is it americans can bomb and murder CIVILIAN targets and get away with it, then 1 american gets his head cut off and you all cry the terrorists are unfair killers blah blah etc etc.... Yeah carpet bombing a town full of children and woman isnt worse then beheading one invader??

I must say you are of muslim decent or even an Iraqie citizen, you seem pissed about how we Americans are in your country. In your initial post above you state the obvius:

1. Why is it americans can bomb and murder CIVILIAN targets and get away with it, (this seems to say why can you do this?)

2.then 1 american gets his head cut off and you all cry the terrorists are unfair killers blah blah etc etc... This seems to say we cut off your americans head and you all are a bunch of crybabies and you cant handle the way we fight.)

3.Yeah carpet bombing a town full of children and woman isnt worse then beheading one invader?? Here you cry about are bombings while you are taken ownership by saying "isnt worse then beheading one invader?? ) meaning a United States troop.

Now is there anything else you would like to say to us stupid americans that can read right through your own propagandic efforts.

Just my thoughts......

Justmytype

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype

Now is there anything else you would like to say to us stupid americans that can read right through your own propagandic efforts.

Is that right?
You might want to tell that to the demonised troops.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Al-Jazeera's director general is demanding talks with Tony Blair over a memo that reportedly details George Bush, the American president, discussing the idea of bombing the television station's headquarters.

Wadah Khanfar has delivered a letter to 10 Downing Street calling for the memo to be made public.
According to press reports, the memo includes a transcript of the Prime Minister attempting to persuade Mr Bush not to take military action against the al-Jazeera headquarters in Qatar.

Mr Khanfar earlier told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "The letter will say that al-Jazeera has been working for the last nine years, it is the foremost forum of democracy in the Arab world, and therefore this news that we have heard is very concerning.

"So we demand a proper explanation and we would like to know the facts. We have demanded an urgent interview [with Mr Blair].

www.prisonplanet.com...

I do not blame Mr. Khanfar for wanting an explanation from both Bush and Blair as to why they were planning to bomb Al-Jazeera HQ in Doha, Qatar. If such an act where to have taken place, the ramifications against Western Media outlets, like Fox News, Sky News, CNN, MSNBC, what have you, would be irreversible. It would mean that someone would blowup one Western media organization a week. Just tells you what kind of sick and sadistic minds that are leading the U.S. and the U.K. in the "War on Terror."

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The UK is now sadistic enough to STOP another country from bombing a TV centre?

Jeez what sadistic cowards.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
USA in iraq has murdered countless journalists, killed almost 100000 people used chemical agents against civilians, attacked mosques hospitals schools and weddings, Lied so many times nobody is bothering to count anymore...

How about you prove some proof america has done 1 shread of good in iraq.

A willy peter grenade is not a chemical agent!!!

How about the proof that Sadaam is out of power, and isn't able to torture and murder people?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
warpboost:

How about the proof that Sadaam is out of power, and isn't able to torture and murder people?

Yeah, because all those torture rooms and prisons have been shut down, right? No innocent Iraqis are dying any more, or being tortured, or being killed for political purposes.

Iraq is FAR more dangerous now than it was under Saddam. Kidnappings every day, over 100 Iraqis killed every week (by US and insurgent forces), daily suicide bombings (of which there were exactly ZERO for 30+ years under Hussein).

Do you think your average Iraqi appreciates the difference?

“Hey at least my wife and two kids got killed while we were under US military occupation, I’m glad it wasn’t under Saddam.”

Dead is dead.

Same with your “success story” in Afghanistan. Other than Kabul, the entire country is ruled by warlords who make their own laws.

You’re far better NATION SMASHERS than nation builders. Ask Kissinger.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
You’re far better NATION SMASHERS than nation builders. Ask Kissinger.

Dude, Dudeman, Duderino,

You are absolutely right. We Americans do one thing very well. We blow things up! We LOVE to blow things up. I think this is the very reason why it was the US who actually took the time, effort, risk, funding and resources to create the Atomic Bomb. So that we have the biggest bomb in the whole wide world. Yes, even better to blow up TV stations with, like Al Jazeera.

We even have a holiday which is dedicated to blowing things up. Our day of Independence is filled with fireworks and explosions which simulate warfare. We love every moment of it. We love to be in the middle of it. We love to see it on the news, video games, and movies.

"WOW! Did you see that guy explode on TV?" "That's gonna leave a mark."

I think that most Americans, who aren't of the granola/birkenstock variety, actually would pay a fee to see Al Jazeera go up in a ball of flame. I would buy the pay-per-view ticket and invite some buddies over for beers and maybe grill some burgers. We would burn the national flag of Qatar before the big show. Yes, I know that they are our Ally right now, but if they were REALLY our ally, would they have that TV station broadcasting their "US is to blame for everything" muck 24/7? Probably not.

I am sure that they take the "The Infidel thinks we are allies while we light the middle east on fire" stance, anyway.

After we blow up the station, and we find out what a horrible thing it really was because "only the night shift cleaning guy was there" and he was innocent and had a couple dozen kids or so with him that night to help clean up the place, we can have a press conference and say the obligatory "mea culpa" suggesting that we thought they were making chemical weapons there. We could then point a finger at the CIA saying that they gave us bad intelligence.

As an American, as long as my friends didn't urinate on my furniture or rip the sink off the wall, I would think that it went pretty well. The networks would be trying to figure out who we would be bombing next week to try and match the numbers of the "original" Al Jazeera bombing.

Am I arrogant? You bet I am. Why? Because, for now, we are the king of the hill. We might not be there for long, but while we are... grab a beer, a burger, a flag of Qatar and enjoy the show. It'll be a HOOT!

We give you someone to bitch about and to blame for your woes. Are we responsible? Perhaps...perhaps, not. Either way, you will miss us when we are gone.

Did I mention we make great movies?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
xmanx:

I think that most Americans, who aren't of the granola/birkenstock variety, actually would pay a fee to see Al Jazeera go up in a ball of flame. I would buy the pay-per-view ticket and invite some buddies over for beers and maybe grill some burgers. We would burn the national flag of Qatar before the big show.

And people think that Americans are arrogant and insensitive. Hmph, wherever do they get that impression?

Am I arrogant? You bet I am. Why? Because, for now, we are the king of the hill. We might not be there for long, but while we are... grab a beer, a burger, a flag of Qatar and enjoy the show. It'll be a HOOT!

You’re not on the top of the hill anymore, actually. Not economically, and thus not militarily. Don’t bitch when the next king of the hill rolls over you.

Either way, you will miss us when we are gone.

Did I mention we make great movies?

Nope, I doubt I will… What does the US actually export that I actually buy? TV and movies. Which I can tape, or download for free. I can honestly say I do not buy one single item that is made in the USA in my daily life. And it’s not due to a boycott, it’s due to the fact you really don’t make anything good. Thanks for coming!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You’re not on the top of the hill anymore, actually. Not economically, and thus not militarily. Don’t bitch when the next king of the hill rolls over you.

And it’s not due to a boycott, it’s due to the fact you really don’t make anything good. Thanks for coming!

Duderino,

It is nice to see that you have a sense of humor. I was beginning to worry.

I wonder if you have ever played chess before. From what I see of your thought processes, I feel if you have played, you may have not played very well. Just my opinion. I could be wrong. You seem to not be able to grasp some basic concepts of how other people may think. Not everyone sees the world as you do.

I see the world in a different way because I am only two generations from poverty. I am not ashamed to be considered middle class. I have no guilt about living fairly well and doing whatever it takes to make sure my family survives. Sure, you can have your high morality about how the world should behave one way or the other and how the world should be fair.

Considering my background, I know first hand that not only is this world not fair, but life is not fair. It never was and never pretended to be. You can go throwing a fit about how horrible the US is and make us out as demons. If you really feel that way about us, you must not like yourself very much. Canada has a lot of similarities as the US in so many ways that even though you may THINK you are different, we are so much alike.

The last time I was in the NORAD complex, it sure is funny how many Canadian officers are stationed there. Different, eh?

Almost like someone who has a serial killer as a brother. Even though you may despise him, you know that deep down inside his blood runs through your veins. I know that my country is riding the downward spiral. I will do anything I can to make sure that we hang on as long as possible. Including bombing a TV station in Qatar.

When you say that we will not be missed, you forget that your country is on the same ship that we are. When it sinks, you go down with us. You'll be laughing at the people in the water until you realize that there will be no rescue for you either.

Have a great day!

PS: I really love your avatar.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So which country passed the US economy? Which nation has a better military.

I am all ears.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I am all ears.

I would also like to know Jakomo. You say that you don't use anything made in the USA but you had to use the internet to say that

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Xmanx:

Considering my background, I know first hand that not only is this world not fair, but life is not fair. It never was and never pretended to be. You can go throwing a fit about how horrible the US is and make us out as demons. If you really feel that way about us, you must not like yourself very much. Canada has a lot of similarities as the US in so many ways that even though you may THINK you are different, we are so much alike.

I completely agree. A lot of similarities between Americans and Canadians. On an individual level, more similarities than differences.

HOWEVER, your average Canadian has a far more informed view of the rest of the world. We are far less controlled by a corporate media, we are far more educated about what goes on outside our borders and the impacts that our own actions might have on the world at large.

The US public, as reflected in the media, doesn’t seem to have much of an idea about how other countries work nor do they seem to even bother to learn. You’re encapsulated in your own Fortress America and you only pay attention to what’s entertaining. Who is Lindsay Lohan banging this week?

So, if you don’t seem to care about what happens outside of America, where does that leave those of us who ARE outside of America?

The best analogy I can come up with is the fishbowl.

The US is a fish in a fishbowl, unable to really clearly see out. A bunch of cool stuff in the bowl but beyond the glass, you’re mostly unaware what is there.

The rest of the world SEES you in the fishbowl. And we laugh and laugh about silliness like the outrages that your culture sees. We laugh at the fact that you can show someone getting shot to death in a TV drama at 8pm, but if the person on the show has their breast pop out as they breathe their last, then the BOOB is an outrage.

See, that’s funny to the rest of us. Sort of a puritanistic view of sex but a bloodthirsty view of violence. Violence is good and sex is bad? For the rest of us, violence is bad and sex is good (even life-affirming).

So I’d say while we share many qualities and negative traits, the United States’ habit of only focusing on what benefits YOU is a main reason why people don’t like you. Why the heck should we if you don’t even really know where on the planet we’re actually located.

American Madman:

China has a more stable, profitable economy than the US. China also has a larger, more easily mobilized army.

By 2020, they will have overtaken you in every category of prosperity and military power. What we're witnessing right now is the decline of the US Empire.

India will also be a larger economy in 10 years than the US. Your country consumes and doesn't produce, so you're becoming a serious debtor nation.

What is the US deficit at right now? What is the value of the dollar vs the yuan?

I think the US trade deficit with China ALONE is about 800 billion. And you have your president visiting them and kowtowing to them and treating them like friends when in fact they are far more of a threat to peace in that area than North Korea will ever be.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

China has a more stable, profitable economy than the US. China also has a larger, more easily mobilized army.

This show's the GDP of the world. US 11.75 Trillion, China 7.2!!!!

www.cia.gov...

Read this article about China's military capabilitys. Larger yes, but more mobile? I don't think so considering that China's Navy can't even hold a candle to the US and about 75% of the world is covered in water! So what exactly makes you think that China's army is so mobile?

www.globalsecurity.org...

Jakamo since you are Canadian how do you know so much about the views and intelligence of all Americans? I think you make your judgements from a small sample set or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here is an interesting comment from Asharq Al-Awsat, a leading Arab daily published in London.

"What really scares me is that their role as victims may just suit the Muslims."
I like this statement by the Swiss intellectual of Egyptian origin Tariq Ramadan, at a time when I see this immense rush by many Arabs to believe that Al-Jazeera Channel in Doha was really going to be bombed by the Americans. [...]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You call 25 million men "easy" to mobilise?
An army is worth squat with out the Navy and the airforce.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hey it's your generals who are saying the US military is stretched thin, I ain't grabbing this out of the air.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The U.S. blows up an Arab tv station that has nothing to do with this crap they call a war and just wait and see what we get in return. Terrorists blowing up tv stations here every single week because we blew theirs up. If it happens, and when it happens, the backlash against the American "Media" will be harsh.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Al jezeera promotes the fundamentalist Islamic agenda and issues propaganda to further the cause of the terrorists. Last i checked, the US is at war with terrorism, and the terrorists have used Al J to disseminate info. They are lucky they weren't bombed. Probably the only reason they haven't been is political, because the left in the US would use it against Bush. Pitifull really. If the D-Day invasion was required today we would have to call it off for political reasons. What kind of shape would Europe be in (or the US) now because of this?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Al Jazeera reports on the Mideast, and yes, broadcasts statements by OBL and the like. Usually about an hour or so before CNN, MSNBC and Fox do. They don't, as far as I have seen, "promote the fundamentalist Islamic agenda", in fact one of the things that gets them in trouble is that they are openly critical of fundamentalist regimes in the area.

One source of confusion may be the Aljazeera.info (or .net? - can't remember) website, which does have a pro-Islamist slant, but has absolutely nothing to do with the broadcast network.

I'd like to see any evidence at all that Al Jazeera, the broadcast network, "promotes the fundamentalist Islamic agenda". They don't take a strictly pro-US line, and they've been known to broadcast news that doen't make the US look particularly good, but to claim that they're simply some sort of mouthpiece for Islamists is totally inaccurate.

They're the only TV news network in the Middle East that isn't just a propaganda arm of a government. The fact that they're not just a propaganda arm of ours doesn't make them the enemy.

[edit on 12/6/05 by xmotex]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Hey it's your generals who are saying the US military is stretched thin, I ain't grabbing this out of the air.

Yes stretched thin due to thier being several fronts on and there stil keeping a force against "dem pesky commies" in germany....hardly strectched thin if they are sitting with a finger up thier six watching a lonely border..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join