It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
link

PRESIDENT Bush planned to bomb Arab TV station al-Jazeera in friendly Qatar, a "Top Secret" No 10 memo reveals.

But he was talked out of it at a White House summit by Tony Blair, who said it would provoke a worldwide backlash.

A source said: "There's no doubt what Bush wanted, and no doubt Blair didn't want him to do it." Al-Jazeera is accused by the US of fuelling the Iraqi insurgency.

The attack would have led to a massacre of innocents on the territory of a key ally, enraged the Middle East and almost certainly have sparked bloody retaliation.

A source said last night: "The memo is explosive and hugely damaging to Bush.

Advertisement

"He made clear he wanted to bomb al-Jazeera in Qatar and elsewhere. Blair replied that would cause a big problem.

"There's no doubt what Bush wanted to do - and no doubt Blair didn't want him to do it."

A Government official suggested that the Bush threat had been "humorous, not serious".

Think its true? another secret memo where this time Bush suggested bombing Al Jazeera for its bias for Islamic fundamentalism and voice for Osama bin Laden himself? makes you wonder about this report.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Its because Bush is so serverly retarded he thinks bombing one media station will silence the world...

Why is it americans can bomb and murder CIVILIAN targets and get away with it, then 1 american gets his head cut off and you all cry the terrorists are unfair killers blah blah etc etc.... Yeah carpet bombing a town full of children and woman isnt worse then beheading one invader??

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hidden Reality.......provide links for your accusations please.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i don't think it'll come to that,... remember the Bush family has strong ties with the Emir of Qatar ( The Al Jazeera Satellite Channel Network was founded in 1996 by the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani)

U.S.-QATARI RELATIONS
Bilateral relations are strong and expanding. The U.S. embassy was opened in March 1973. The first resident U.S. ambassador arrived in July 1974. Ties between the U.S. and Qatar are excellent and marked by frequent senior-level consultations in Doha and Washington. Amir Hamad visited Washington in May 2003 and President Bush went to Qatar in June. Qatar and the United States coordinate closely on regional diplomatic initiative, cooperate to increase security in the Gulf, and enjoy extensive economic links, especially in the hydrocarbons sector. Qatar sees the development of a world-class educational system as key to its continued success.

Source

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
Hidden Reality.......provide links for your accusations please.

Links?? i cant be bothered sitting here showing you links which you will just dismiss as propaganda because they dont fit with your line of thinking...

USA in iraq has murdered countless journalists, killed almost 100000 people used chemical agents against civilians, attacked mosques hospitals schools and weddings, Lied so many times nobody is bothering to count anymore...

How about you prove some proof america has done 1 shread of good in iraq.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They are targetting the wrong station: How about the Fox news network, they need a tactical strike right about now. They are violating the FCC regulations, distorting the facts, making up lies, and simply downright dishonest and are slanted towards a particular view.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
well considering most of the media is owned by jews they will always be bias against the muslims... So long as they can keep earning there money they love so much and support from the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
well considering most of the media is owned by jews they will always be bias against the muslims...

I love it when people cite urban-legend as if it were fact. That's right my friend, the Jews are controlling the media...and most of the good bagel shops around here. Do you realize how hard it is for a Muslim to get a good bagel with the Jews in control? I hear there's a take-over bid for Starbucks next. When will the Jews stop their quest for world domination?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is old news, but new in the sense that it appears in a "top secret memo" We actually DID bomb an al-Jazeera station, and we killed one of their reporters...during the same incident as when we sent that missle or two into the hotel that killed/wounded the reporters in there. This all happened during the beginning of the whole thing in Iraq. Our excuse was that they thought gun fire came from the hotel...at least that was the spin at the time. It is good that this stuff is coming out in memos and such, because it proves culpability in the incidents that did happen.

BTW...what kind of racist garbage is it to say the Jews own the media? I didn't realize it was still 1945 or 1950. Get over that myth already. It only makes those saying it look foolish.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
They are targetting the wrong station: How about the Fox news network, they need a tactical strike right about now. They are violating the FCC regulations, distorting the facts, making up lies, and simply downright dishonest and are slanted towards a particular view.

Crusader, you must be a tree hugger, or an Al Gore / JF Kerry Democrat.

Please state proof of alligations along with your rants instead of your personal feelings when attacking someone.

If Fox was violating FFC regulations, the charges would be the main story on CNN and the US main stream media.

If you want to talk about a news channel violating FCC regulations, just look on ATS for the story about CNN putting an X across the Vice President face while giving a speech on Monday.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why does he care what Al-Jazeera reports enough to bomb it. I read the networks website from time to time. Theres nothing there thats really that bad. I think someone took a quote out of proportion, as the media has done numerous times to many people, or its just bull# to begin with. I know alot of you dont like bush, and thats fine, but seriously this is getting ridiculous. And maidenwolf, lets see a link to that one please, cause thats just not realistic to me, at all. If you prove me wrong I will gladly admit it.

[edit on 11/22/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I love it when people cite urban-legend as if it were fact. That's right my friend, the Jews are controlling the media...and most of the good bagel shops around here. Do you realize how hard it is for a Muslim to get a good bagel with the Jews in control? I hear there's a take-over bid for Starbucks next. When will the Jews stop their quest for world domination?

Rofl... gotta say that made me laugh.. But its true if you do some looking around most of the major TV networks and media companies are owned by jews, and btw i dont hate jews, i just dont think there half as innocent/victimized as they make themselves out to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader

i would give you a ATS but i am out

i agree fox do exagerate alot and sauce up a lot of their stories

one thing i find funny is people say (some) the media is owned by jews
but when that news station airs anything else it is labled as being to soft for that group (funny how people react in diffrent topics)

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

well considering most of the media is owned by jews they will always be bias against the muslims... So long as they can keep earning there money they love so much and support from the US.

Aren't you the same person that said this?

How about the mods start banning for racism? i can show you probably 100 people on this board who have been racist against arabs...

Taking a wild guess here, you are Arab? No?

When I was a little tike, my brother Pete was going to teach me how to catch a baseball. He placed the ball glove on my hand, told me to stand
in a certain spot and said don't move. He said he is going to throw the ball and for me to catch it in the glove. Then he walked about 20 ft away, turned and told me to get ready to catch the ball. I was all excited that he was taking time out to teach me baseball so I stood there, ready as I could
be. Well he wound up and threw the ball then hollered, "Catch It" I did, right in the mouth. Knocked out two teeth and blooded my nose. I ran inside to moma crying like I'd been killed. Soon as Moma saw my blooded nose and missing teeth, she screamed and asked what happend. Well, with my teeth knocked out, my nose bleeding, all I could managed to say was 'Pete'. Moma runs outside, Pete's standing in the yard holding a baseball bat. Next thing I know is Moma has Pete by one hand and wacking him with the other while he's running around in circles. Moma is wacking away and all the time saying, "How dare you hit your brother with a bat!" Now Pete was in the wrong and deserved to be punished especially for not bothering to tell me that I was suppose to raise my hand and catch the ball in the glove, guess he considered that a minor detail and easily overlooked. But he didn't deserve the beating he got for hitting me with a bat, guess you could say that was a minor detail that I forgot to mention. Thing is sometimes all isn't as it appears and minor details make all the difference in the world.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

[edit on 22-11-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know how many sources you want, but I went and got a few for those who want(ed) them.

US Missile hits Al-Jazeera Office
dated April 8, 2003

Journalists die in US attacks
dated April 9, 2003

Tank captain admits firing on media hotel
dated April 21, 2003

US missile hits Al Jazeera
dated April 8, 2003

Did the US mean to hit the Kabul offices of Al-Jazeera TV?

I could post hundreds of them. You are welcome to make use of Google.com like I did to find just these few. I used the search terms:

Iraq + US missile hits hotel
and
Iraq + US missile hits al_Jazeera

Those two will keep you reading for a very long time....

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM

Aren't you the same person that said this?

How about the mods start banning for racism? i can show you probably 100 people on this board who have been racist against arabs...

Jews arnt a race, they have no country which they originated from, they stole Israel... But like i said anyway jews are not a race, so no im not being racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
But i meant a link to the one that says bush wants to bomb them now, or maybe this is old news. I never heard it, but if someone has a link to this case of bush directly saying it, thats what I want to see. Thanks for those links though, interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I heard of this on MSNBC this morning!

It is true. Just think of all the innocent dead that would have resulted in such a criminal action.

The criminal element is just unheard of now.

Brings me back to 9/11.
Any doubts?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ludaChris....he doesn't want to bomb them NOW as in today. The article that originally started this thread comes from a memo classified Top Secret in the UK...in that memo, it talks about how Blair talked Bush OUT of bombing al-Jazeera headquarters at that time. It's all over the internet today and is very, very easy to find. It's on yahoo.com news if you choose to go read it.
You could read this info on the UK news websites also. I would have to go look, but I would bet it's probably at the Guardian, the Independant, and possibly the BBC too.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hidden...saying the Jews aren't a race is completely ignorant (I use that word in its true meaning...that you don't know something...and not in an insulting way). They are a race and they are a religion. You can be Jewish and be a Christian. They are separate identities (to put it in a term that should be easy to understand). When you speak of Jewish people, you should always know what you are speaking of in relation to either.

Yes, I do believe your remarks are racist, and I, personally, find them highly offensive. If one of my children said these things they would be sent to their room after a long talk about this very subject so they could think about it - but I raised them to know better and to not accept this sort of thing out of anybody.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join