It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Think its true? another secret memo where this time Bush suggested bombing Al Jazeera for its bias for Islamic fundamentalism and voice for Osama bin Laden himself? makes you wonder about this report.

That is the trouble with "secret memos." You can never tell if they are real because they are "secret." Plausible deniability. They are only seen by a friend of a friend who was at Jody's party last week.

Personally, I think it is funny because those who work at Al Jazeera will be watching the skies for a while.

Totally untrue, but fricking hilarious!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
And "if" what you say is true, sensfan, then irregardless of that "memo" being the subject of court action, the below holds merit?
Heed what is in bold:

"I believe that Downing Street ought to publish this memo in the interests of transparency, given that much of the detail appears to be in the public domain.

Bush al-Jazeera 'plot' dismissed

Nothing to lose here, senfans, and all to gain, right, unless of course, the alleged "top secret memo", that you cite as being the subject of court action, does not exist? Implying that it is hard to produce something or leak something that does not exist?

At any rate, reads more like more sexed-up garbage from the British anti-war left.

seekerof

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I totally agree Seekerof....publish the memo (if it exists). But they won't. Not in the near future anyway...it will languish in a court and be forgotten by everyone when the next "big" story hits.

In all honesty, bush probably just leaned over to Tony and said "we shoud bomb those bastards"...and it ended up in a Blair memo to someone. I can't believe that even Bush would be so stupid to think something like that would be a good idea. rummy and Dick would never have allowed it.

However, it's another supposed fact that can't be dismissed when you look at the entire screw up wich is the Iraq war.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If this memo is in question then why are both the civil servant who passed the memo on to Leo O'Connor and O'Connor himself appearing in court next week ? hmmmm

A British civil servant has been charged under the Official Secrets Act for allegedly leaking the government memo.

Yes my link is from AlJazeera

Are these charges fake too ?
Maybe the court they're appearing in doesn't really exist either ? Please, I don't doubt he said it, there is no evidence to suggest he wouldn't other than his word and frankly anything he or the Whitehouse say holds about as much weight as hot air with me right now.

They actually do report good news from what I have read and seen of them over the years.

And AlJazeera seem to be taking this seriously and have indeed spoken on this issue

Aljazeera has said in a news statement that it is investigating the report and urged the US and British governments to challenge it.

Now why on Earth would Bush see AlJazeera as a threat ? Are they not allowed to report news now ? I'm sure if they were breaking any law or code of conduct the appropriate authority would handle it, who the hell is he to try dictate such matters ?

This whole situation has me shaking my head in disgust, that man ought to be ashamed of himself.

[edit on 23-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The Mirror, It's a gossip rag folks!
Secret memo, and now a gag order...how convenient!
undisclosed source..of course!

Reality check.
Rate the possibility of this being true..
1-10,
10 being most certainly true..
I give it a 1..

You all know we had troops stationed there..And a decent relationship with Qatar..Why would we blow that?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think its really more than mere gossip. If the attorney general last night threatened newspapers with the Official Secrets Act if they revealed the contents of a document allegedly relating to a dispute between Tony Blair and George Bush over the conduct of military operations in Iraq, than I believe there is is more in this case than there is revealed. I wonder how one can see silencing newspapers in the light of the for Americans so holy press freedom....

www.as-sahwah.com...

[edit on 23-11-2005 by Abu Hamza]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
You know its funny that all it takes is a supposed Top Secret memo being reported by a mediocre news source to be hailed as the holy grail of US evilness. Yet when Al Jazeera publishes tapes of Zarqawi, for some reason he does not exist.

If you at all bothered you would see this is no "supposed" memo but a real one, or do the UK gvt take out "gag orders" on everyone with nothing worth supressing? It was obviusly true or why would no 10 threaten the paper the Daily Mirror.

And can you tell us what is wrong with publishing tapes of Zarqawai, im sure anybody with any sense would be glad the station is giving out so muh information the US can use. Yes you yanks are evil as a country, probably more so then the nazis or any other nation which ever existed here.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters?

They'll probably just kill some poor janitor working the night shift.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Bush ready to bomb Al Jazeera Headquarters?

They'll probably just kill some poor janitor working the night shift.

LOL, wasn't that a line from that movie where Michael Douglas played the president

Was it called " The American President " ?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bush should have eliminated Al Jazeera at the beginning of the war..and the military has suffered even more because of it.

The Arab world as a whole does NOT encourage progressive education of their people, mostly because if they were educated they would see right through and oppose the totalitarian/religious domination of the countries governments and iron-fist rule over the masses.

Also, the Palestinians, even though they deserve to have a sovereign nation of their own, occupied the land of Israel in the centuries following the destruction of Israel by the Romans and diaspora of the Jews. It was ONLY the Jews that rebuilt Jerusalem time and again and held it sacred - no other group can claim that including the Palestinians - and I was educated and brought up in a religious Catholic household.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain
Bush should have eliminated Al Jazeera at the beginning of the war..and the military has suffered even more because of it.

The Arab world as a whole does NOT encourage progressive education of their people, mostly because if they were educated they would see right through and oppose the totalitarian/religious domination of the countries governments and iron-fist rule over the masses.

Also, the Palestinians, even though they deserve to have a sovereign nation of their own, occupied the land of Israel in the centuries following the destruction of Israel by the Romans and diaspora of the Jews. It was ONLY the Jews that rebuilt Jerusalem time and again and held it sacred - no other group can claim that including the Palestinians - and I was educated and brought up in a religious Catholic household.

Shows how much you know.... Most Arabs are Muslim, and education and striving for knowledge is one of the core Muslim beliefs...

The jews that occupied israel the time they murdered Jesus was different jews then are in israel today... Todays jews in Israel are mostly from the zionist movement and have no right to israel at all, ever since they murdered Christ they have tricked and decieved people into getting what they want, and they did it again when Israel was born...

added missing word..

[edit on 23-11-2005 by HiddenReality]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Shows how much you know.... Most Arabs are Muslim, and education and striving for knowledge is one of the core Muslim beliefs...

LMAO, I think that really shows how much you know, which ain't much

The jews that occupied israel the time they murdered Jesus was jews then are in israel today... Todays jews in Israel are mostly from the zionist movement and have no right to israel at all, ever since they murdered Christ they have tricked and decieved people into getting what they want, and they did it again when Israel was born...

LOL, where do you get your information from ? The back of a cornflakes packet

Seriously, you really need to hit the books and learn at least something. this rhetoric of yours is getting pretty old.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
God told him to bomb Al Jazeera.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Would that be along the same thought process as one asserting that God told you to write what you just mentioned, shanti23?

Yeah, I hear ya...
God played no part in this alleged claim that Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera.

seekerof

[edit on 23-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
AtlantisAgain:

?! Al Jazeera is owned by an ALLY of the US (Qatar) and staffed with respected editors and journalists from around the world, including many who formerly worked for the BBC. So kill them?

Wtf? Isn't there something called Freedom of the Press? Isn't another countries' media allowed to say anything they want, even if it offends an American audience (which of course doesn't ever see it)?

Do you believe in freedom of the press in the rest of the world or just the US (which has limited its' press freedoms)? I am curious to hear your answer.

If this was a false memo would the British Government issue a "gag order" under Section 5 the Official Secrets Act under pain of prosecution?

jako

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
The jews that occupied israel the time they murdered Jesus was jews then are in israel today...

Wow! They must be, like, 2000 years old! From what I've seen none of them look over about 70/80.. Incredible. I'm amazed no-one has used this oppurtunity to find out how accurate the Bible is... How have they survived so long? Is there special water in those parts?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
If this was a false memo would the British Government issue a "gag order" under Section 5 the Official Secrets Act under pain of prosecution?

It was leaked, Jakomo.
Produce either the person or individual that leaked said reference to said "top secret memo" or simply produce this said damning memo, k?

Till then, you can not leak something that does not exist.
Stop with the legality issues and excuses and produce the damning memo already.

Quite easy to claim and assert something, all the while claiming and asserting that such evidence cannot be produced because of legality's or legal issues, is it not? How convenient.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So you're saying the UK government issued a gag order over a document that doesn't exist? Fascinating theory...

Or perhaps you don't just like our Glorious Leader being revealed as the bloodthirsty lunatic he is, willing to bomb an allied country because he can't stand a little free speech?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Seeker:

It was leaked, Jakomo.
Produce either the person or individual that leaked said reference to said "top secret memo" or simply produce this said damning memo, k?

Till then, you can not leak something that does not exist.
Stop with the legality issues and excuses and produce the damning memo already.

Ok, let me spell it out for you simply, seeker, you seem to be missing some info.

Tuesday, the Daily Mirror publishes a story laden with implications about the moral fiber and intent of the US president when fighting his so-called 'war on terror', and also shedding light on the bombing of Al Jazeera's offices in both Baghdad and Kabul (both situations being public knowledge).

Twenty-fours later, the Mirror and all other British papers had been subjected to a "gag order" under Section 5 the Official Secrets Act under penalty of prosecution by the law.

The Mirror had informed Downing Street of its intention to reveal how Tony Blair talked George W. Bush out of attacking the Al Jazeera HQ in Qatar.

So, to sum up, the memo cannot be produced in the media BECAUSE THERE IS A GAG ORDER.

Will it be produced by the British government, unedited? LOL.

Even Al Jazeera is demanding to see the memo, which is totally reasonable.

The Brits are PROSECUTING two people for this leak. Why would they prosecute someone over a false allegation?

Quite easy to claim and assert something, all the while claiming and asserting that such evidence cannot be produced because of legality's or legal issues, is it not? How convenient.

This paragraph means absolutely nothing. Welcome back, Seeker.

The British GOVERNMENT is blocking the memo. Not the press. Not me.

jako

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well then, get the British government to produce said damning memo, Jakomo, cause I for one want to see it. Get busy.

Question though:
Do you think that FDR or Truman would have targeted Tokyo Rose during WWII if they could have?

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join