It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Tries To Open Plane Door In Mid-Flight For Cigarette

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
I'm curious, was she blonde? Or just drunk? Or mentally incapacitated in some other way?

She had taken sleeping pills previous and had had alcohol. They all say things about just one drink affecting your judgement, and it's true, but when you combine things like sleeping pills and alcohol, the affect is much greater. It can really knock you out.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

by MickeyDee:
What the hell is a good behavior bond???

Based on the referenced article, it seems she had to put up a $1,000 (£429) bond. If she commits another offense within a year she forfeits the money and, I assume, would face additional charges from whatever that offense might be.

by DCFusion:
It's practically impossible to open an aircraft door mid-flight on a commercial jet. This article explains it. But essentially, the outward pressure of the pressurized cabin forces the door shut.

No offense to you DC, nor to the author of your link, but the escape doors/galley doors on most commercial aircraft do not open inward, at least not in the US.

I catered for several airlines at San Antonio Int'l. back in the mid to late 80s. Eastern, Continental, TWA, etc. and every galley door/entrance/exit door opened outwards. Therefore, it would be the outside air/wind pressure which would hinder opening the door in-flight. If you've ever tried to open your car door while driving down the highway I'm sure you'll get the point. Now, imagine attepting to open a 200+# door under in-flight conditions.

Personally, the question that comes to mind for me is ... "Where in the hell was her husband through all of this?"

According to the article they were starting a 3 week holiday in Australia.

The French tourist was at the start of a three-week holiday in Australia with her husband.

Sadly, this is NEWS!?

...all the while
the beat goes on

Peace2All

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
They are saying in the Australian Press that she was sleep walking.

I read this too rogue, lol @ bad reporting on this level smh.
Either way she did get off too lightly, and airport "security' do need to actually pay attention to what they're doing.

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm going to laugh long and hard if she had taken Ambien (Zolpidem Tartrate), a commonly prescriped sleep aid, prior to her flight. In some people... this stuff alone... well...

I was given an Rx for Ambien once.

I had a 3 hour telepathic conversation with a trash sack!

If I had been drinking... whoa... I'd probably be going to PTA meetings (Parent Trash Association)!!

However... the law is the law... and even if you are whacked out on goofballs, you are still responsible for your own actions. But you can try to argue temporary insanity.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
No offense to you DC, nor to the author of your link, but the escape doors/galley doors on most commercial aircraft do not open inward, at least not in the US.

Actually, you're all right. The INITIAL motion of the door is inward, and then it swings outward. When a plane is pressurized, there's no way that the door will be able to push in the way it does to open.

[edit on 11/21/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
It's practically impossible to open an aircraft door mid-flight on a commercial jet.

Practically? Maybe if they were at 2,000 feet. The pressure is so great that there is no way this woman has a chance of opening that door. The pressure is so great that if it were release it would suck everyone out. Imagine the force great enough to suck you out of an airplane. Does any reasonable person think this woman, any woman or any man for that matter would be strong enough to pull the door in against such incredible pressure? Maybe if you had 6 passengers working on it. Maybe. She should lose the money for being a dunce. But she was absolutely no threat to the other passengers or herself.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How else was she going to smoke? Really!

I did sneak one in the bathroom, just one drag, and thank goodness i didnt get caught! I'll never do it again.

I had a crazy moment...i was posessed temporarily...Oh the shame of it all!

Moments later the stewardess came down in a huff and was checking everyone out.
I thought i would die.

Just a crazy moment in my life.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I did sneak one in the bathroom, just one drag, and thank goodness i didnt get caught! I'll never do it again.

EEEEESSSSHHHHHH!!!

I demand you tell me the airline/date/time etc...

I must inform them immediatley!

Only kidding...when you need a cig you need a cig...regardless of where you are. Probably a good job you didnt get caught though!

Mic

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
I'm curious, was she blonde? Or just drunk? Or mentally incapacitated in some other way?

She was "A French woman", as it states in the first paragragh in the intro, so it may be all of the above.

She really did get off light. Very light.

Any other nationality would've been strung up and then thrown under a jail (especially the English and Americans) just to prove a point to the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join