It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of Something Worse Than the Men In Black

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yuriko,
Please tell us what happened to you.
You may find that many of us have alot in common with you. I will never judge you or doubt what you say.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yuriko Oyama

Regardless of what you post, be it fact or fiction, Someone is going to question it…. You cannot please everybody, you cannot fool everybody, even something as mundane as “ice is cold” or “fire is hot” will garnish a contrary opinion from Somebody Somewhere, if not on this board then Somewhere.

Some people are just like that, they Like to argue, they Like conflict, they Live for Drama *shrugs*

If you can accept that as a statistical reality then I think you will find that this is a good place for having people Listen (read) what you have to say… whether or not they choose to actually Believe in you is another story.

If your story is “fantastic” then the more hard core scientific types are going to want something they can stick under a microscope or in some way measure and turn into some kind of data that they can understand before they will believe you.

I’ve experienced many “fantastic” things in my life, none of which I can prove to those people who require measurable evidence. That in no way diminishes the incredibleness of the experiences, it doesn’t mean that the experience wasn’t “real”, it simple means that those people who require something more than my words are not going to believe in it.

Since I personally don’t expect or require people to believe me, I’m not afraid nor offended by their reactions to my stories.

However, if you Need people to believe in you, then be prepared for some serious cross examination and have some type of measurable physical evidence, because that is what some people Need in order to believe in you…

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sorry, gang...Here is another true story of my life..Perhaps it will help you understand why people who have had such bad experiences by being called a liar, will be apprehensive.
Years ago, I was living alone and I had no idea what I was doing was abberant behavior..I was having sex with 5-6 men per night, working and taking care of all my obligations.
Anyway,I had to get a roomie for expenses and she and all her friends told me in needed a shrink..
So. to shut them up, I made an appointment with one of the best shrinks I could find..First thing he asked me was what was on my mind..I told him of my nymphomania..Know what he said? "you do not have to make up stories like that to impress me" I got up and left, not paying..
Next shrink-same condition, this one told me there was only one thing wrong with me and to meet him in his apartment in the same building..What else do I need to say? I told him he was a lousy lay and found out he had committed suicide not long after.
So, to sum it up, IF I say something IT IS a gods-truth as I loathe liars..
Mods. hope this is not too questionable..I will understand if you wish to pull MY posts...

[edit on 19-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
5-6 men a night??
Good lord. Maybe thats why you have an implant.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
5-6 men a night??
Good lord

Yeppers;

It is going to be in my book when I find a good shost writer..[*_*]
There are still people in my life who can VERIFY this,, my sister for one, she has always hated sex..She cannot relate to it, but imagine 4-5 hours per night for 3-4 years...whompa.. I swear on my mother's grave, I do NOT post lies....

PS: I finally had to heal myself of this,,but I was hurting nobody, none of the men were married as I cannot CONDONE adultery!!

PS: To all readers under 18, I do NOT condone this lifestyle, so please hear it as person who has been where you are,,,and aids and stds are killers!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
*shakes head* thats defiantly crazy for sure.. I, will admit that if I suspect BS I will call you on it. I believe in aliens and ufos and it annoys the ever living f** out of me when someone posts pure crap.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

*shakes head* thats defiantly crazy for sure.. I, will admit that if I suspect BS I will call you on it. I believe in aliens and ufos and it annoys the ever living f** out of me when someone posts pure crap.

I can sense CRAP, and I tell the poster I am putting them on ignore, so I do not have to even see their screen name...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
See I make am answer questions too see were it leads and its always entertaining for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

See I make am answer questions too see were it leads and its always entertaining for sure.

Whomp;

I try to always remember the poster may be 12 years old..that is what I can tell first..

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Whomp;

I try to always remember the poster may be 12 years old..that is what I can tell first..

Very true but I've also seen some pretty reduntant 30 somethings post on here as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
]]]Very true but I've also seen some pretty reduntant 30 somethings post on here as well.[[[

Yes, there is not place on Earth where wisdom comes with age, but perhaps on top of a mountain in Tibet.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well you have my Way Above vote, Yuriko Oyama. I like the idea that you said, "Try to prove things true, rather than hoaxes". I believe that we are just aliens to well, aliens. An alien and his brother/siser to us, is normal to them. Compared to us. We, the human race, are just as well the weired looking being to them.

Realizing that people should try and prove something true is MUCH more important and much less time consuming than being proved a hoax. Reading this gives me even more enthusiasm to launch my "No Member Left Behind" program. More information on that later. I believe that aliens are just as alienated as us. The planes we fly are probably stone-age technology to them. Which makes me jump to the conclusion that our Earth is operating in paralell syncronisous, with with other worlds.

Ghosts, for example, are they really just left over energy? Or are they life in parallel of our world, that just interfere with our mind? Mind over matter is the key to finding a way to prove things. Just because a physical object floats in the sky, doesnt mean its a hoax or a spot on the windshield. "Were you really there"? Well, alot of people ask this question, no. "So how do you know your right?". Well, "I was there".

We all know how this goes. Its just a matter of proving the truth about other life. We already have plenty of evidence and thoughts to automatically jump to the conclusion that life does exist. I know the only people that are reading this reply are the ones on planet earth. Go outside, look up, what do you see? You only see the stars that are located millions of light years away. THEY, are the stars that are in your galaxy, the milky way. Think about whats in the other galaxies, and how many of them there is in the universe.

-brodband

Note: I did not vote because of the fortelling story, but because of the quote.

[edit on 11/19/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Well you have my Way Above vote, Yuriko Oyama. I like the idea that you said, "Try to prove things true, rather than hoaxes".

Asking for proof could be taken either way, it's all in the manner of the question.

Basically, you have believers and skeptics and both have been burned before.

As they say, once bitten, twice shy.

Many here have seen plenty of hoaxes and after a while you begin to see a pattern in them, usually starting with a "fantastic" claim, then often, they "have proof", or the ability/probability to get it, but are unable or unwilling to provide it.

If it's an isolated personal experience with no "proof" just say so and be upfront about it, people will listen.

Some may have questions but that's only natural.

It's when people make "fantastic" claims like "I talk to vampires, werewolves, E.T.s regularly" or are excessilely vauge about a "fantastic" claim that people begin to really dig in.

If you regularly "talk to vampires, werewolves, E.T.s, etc." you could set up a video/tape recorder to get something.

Werewolves should "shed" hair like "normal" animals, get some hair.

Did you get bit? Get a pic. of the bite.

If the experiences are so "regular" it should be easy to back it up with something.

Or on the excessively vauge side "I'm from Uranus in the future, anyone got any questions?"

Obviously, here, you are the proof and evidence should be the easiest to get out of any of the situations.

Then there are the "friend, of a friend, of a friend....." tales which by nature are just heresay that get more "fantastic" with every link in the chain like the telephone game children play.

Basically Yuriko, just be honest.

As long as the experience is honestly and sincerely presented people will listen.

[edit on 11/19/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
YO

This is not a place where you should be hounded for telling your story, but, also, whats the sense of starting a discussion if you are just looking for people who will accept what you say as true and who will agree with you?

Anyway, I'd like to hear your story.

"Try to prove things true, rather than hoaxes".

Intersting formulation. Its the precise opposite of the methodology that actually gets to the bottom of things tho. By trying, and failing, to disprove ideas and the like, we can actually make a sort of progress.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Woooow...

This got a lot more posts than I thought it would. Just that made this place seem a little warmer.. heh.

As far as sharing what happened to me, I'm still pondering about it. Mostly for personal reasons though. Either way, I think what did happen probably wouldn't go into the UFO & Aliens section either way.

So, if I said that I had this belief I was an alien, I don't think I would post it for it seems that it might be the thing to get me kicked out. From what I've read in these replies.. But other things I probably might not be afraid to post at the moment.

But even people with like a lot of proof get kicked in the butt. I don't know how many of you remember the gold chip story with the girl from Brazil. That seemed like the topic with the most proof than any other topic here. And yet she wasn't welcome here.

Yuriko

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Another thing you have to remember is this site is chock full of armchair scientists and debunkers that no matter the amount of proof you present will still find something to cry BS about.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yuriko,

You just post what you know as the truth and ignore the diehard naysayers.

(naysayer - 1. a person who habitually refuses, denies, or opposes.)

Troy

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
tell ya what...you post yer story and i'll post mine.
cmon.....tell it all ready

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko Oyama
So, if I said that I had this belief I was an alien, I don't think I would post it for it seems that it might be the thing to get me kicked out.

Now I assume that, by the smiley, you were kidding, but in response, "kicked out", not at all, if it was honest.

Like I said, this would be the easiest to prove since you would be the proof.

I'm willing to bet that, if you combine all the members here, "we've" seen every vid and pic of an alien on the net
so just by providing new, unseen, pics and videos of quality, many would be on your side.

I don't know how many of you remember the gold chip story with the girl from Brazil. That seemed like the topic with the most proof than any other topic here. And yet she wasn't welcome here.

Ahhh yes, I remember.

People fell on both sides of that one and she still has believers and skeptics (like most any case) here today.

You must remember though, she is still welcome here (not banned) and many people offered her help and good advice on how to proceed when she didn't know what to do.

As far as sharing what happened to me, I'm still pondering about it.

Well, I know you've already piqued many a curiousity here.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

[edit on 11/20/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yuriko

Personally i try to "debunk" (not in negative acception, keep on reading and i hope i'll manage to better explain my meaning of debunking) every experience, my own being the first ones...

Not because i "want not to believe", but because i think that if it can't be debunked, then it's very likely to be true. It's something like Sherlock Holmes's "Taken out the impossible, what remains -even if unlikely- is the answer".

And, i repeat, i apply this process also with my own experiences, trying to be as more objective as i can, so i can discern my "imagination" or misunderstandings from true experiences.

The fact i try and debunk doesn't mean i'm not open minded.

Then, IMHO, there's also the way you debunk something: one thing is just saying "man, this is all useless crap!"; one other thing is trying to understand and find "common" explanations, without wanting to disrespect the person i'm answering to.

You mentioned the person who has said to be an alien from Orion. Well, i'm not saying he's a liar, but surely you'll agree with me that we're talking about a quite unusual statement.
Now, even if unusual, it may be true. On the other hand, tho, it may also be a hoax. I cannot have prejudices, both in negative, but also in positive (blindly denying is a mistake, but also blindly believing is wrong, IMHO). So, how can i understand if one person is speaking the truth or not? The only way i know is asking for proofs. Those proofs, of course, deserve to be analyzed with respect, and without any kind of prejudice, be it negative or positive.

Well, at least, that's my personal opinion about belief/disbelief. I may also be wrong

[edit on 20-11-2005 by Sparhawk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join