It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of Something Worse Than the Men In Black

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've been reading the ATS forums for a while. I especially love the Alien forum. Probably because I'm totally obsessed in a way.

I want to post this here because what I want to say mostly applies to this Forum for there are a lot of "hoaxes" according to the people here.

To be honest, I'm afraid to post this myself.

How many of you ever had something happen but no one believed you? That happened to me this week at work and it got me thinking. Even if I told my best friend of this, would she really 100% believe me? Even she tends to think I'm crazy because of the stories I sometimes tell her. I'm not but I tend to not tell any stories unless they do sound crazy.. otherwise what's the fun in that?

I'm gonna use a recent example.. some guy posted that he has a friend from the Orion stars or something. Immediately everyone says "Oh yeah? Prove it!" There is a belief that aliens are just like us because the way humans are is the typical structure of life on planets. How could you prove that a person is an alien then? My point is there is sometimes no proof to things.

I don't want to insult anyone here but we tend to try to prove things as being hoaxes rather than proving them true.

If someone really knew the truth or really is an alien or whatever, they would be afraid to let others know. Because they're afraid of the Men In Black? The Shadow Gov't? Nope. They're afraid of rejection, losing friends, being labeled as 'Crazy' and abandoned. That's why you hardly ever hear truly shocking stories. Or if you do, "they die down just when it gets exciting" (as I recall someone said that in the Orion alien post). They stop posting.. perhaps because they are a hoax and have nothing left to go on or perhaps they stop posting because they loose purpose as to why they should even bother posting... because all they will hear is, "Oh yeah? Prove that too."

This.. thing that happened to me last week.. I told a lot of my friends but I don't think any of them believe me. I figured I should post it here. I mean this is an alien forum, there is a forum dedicated to the paranormal... someone will believe me right? But I'm afraid of being 'kicked out' again. This has happened to me more than once before. You think you have found a home that will help you with your "problem" or that will support you, but when you tell others about it.. everything goes downhill and you're left alone.

I would like to know if ATS is a place where I should feel welcome, mot afraid to add that extra sentence everytime I post.

Yuriko

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance.

IMHO as ATS members our goal is to argue the case for and against the existence of various shady topics (et life, conspiracies, NWO).

In alot of cases this will involve tearing apart hoaxers like vultures over a carcass. This is called debunking.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yuriko Oyama, I for one am open to hearing what anyone has to say on ANY subject, and will not express any form of rejection, as I assume most members on this board will do as well. So please tell us your experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
LOL i was only playing Yuriko. I am actually a firm believe in ufos but that Orion guy went to far. Read annunaki's post in the cryptozoology forum and you'll see why i dont like 'claims' beginning 'I am a ' and i dont accept them without evidence.

If you've had an experience I, along with everyone else, would listen with open minds, and hearts (couldn't resist)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good question.. and I am glad you asked..
We get called nutso by our family, friends, spouses and even strangers tell me 'do not look at me that way' when in FACT there is no look...
So the stranger one's life has been, the more dissing and debunking goes on..This should be a safe place unless a person asks something really off the wall, and I let it pass.
I thinks this is abhorrent, and you can depend on me to NEVER diss what has happeded to anyone..It is one of the unfairest things imo, to stone someone on a screen..'ye who are without vileness, cast the first stone'
Feel free to u2u me if you wish...On all experiencers sides...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko Oyama
I would like to know if ATS is a place where I should feel welcome, mot afraid to add that extra sentence everytime I post.

I would say a handful will listen and be polite but be prepared for alot of unchecked hostility and completely impractical requests. Like tissue or stool samples from any being you may have encountered(I'm being serious). The percentages of understanding people around aren't as large at ATS as you'd think. So just expect it beforehand.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I would say a handful will listen and be polite but be prepared for alot of unchecked hostility and completely impractical requests. Like tissue or stool samples from any being you may have encountered(I'm being serious). The percentages of understanding people around aren't as large at ATS as you'd think. So just expect it beforehand.

Wonder why it has to be that way? Where are the souls, manners?
Who knows what permanent damage a few words on a screen can make...
sad~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mod edit: added quote box for clarity

[edit on 20-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Its not that "we" dont believe. Its just that when someone makes an incredible claim they should be able to bring some sort of proof to the table or at least be willing to. Thats when it gets hostile. Person A. makes incredible claim and someone ask's for some sort of evidence or proof and person A ignores it, responds with hostile remarks or disappears. So there is a reason for demanding proof.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Its not that "we" dont believe. Its just that when someone makes an incredible claim they should be able to bring some sort of proof to the table or at least be willing to. Thats when it gets hostile. Person A. makes incredible claim and someone ask's for some sort of evidence or proof and person A ignores it, responds with hostile remarks or disappears. So there is a reason for demanding proof.

Then, exactly how much PROOF have you in hand or discovered by grilling someone's claims? Is it a lot? I hope so.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Then, exactly how much PROOF have you in hand or discovered by grilling someone's claims? Is it a lot? I hope so.

Its been my experience that those who claim such fantastic things rarely offer any proof other then their word.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Most times their words are all they have..
Art Bell has a collection of pieces form a ufo crash, called Art's Parts...
This I would consider proof, but who would know exactly what they are?
Demanding proof imo has to be an oxymoron, as 98% of abductees or experiencers, all they have left is their GOOD word.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Its not that "we" dont believe. Its just that when someone makes an incredible claim they should be able to bring some sort of proof to the table or at least be willing to. Thats when it gets hostile.

That's not a valid reason for hostility. If you don't believe someone then you just don't believe them. And most experiences are not the type of thing that lends itself to physical evidence. For example,if someone says a being passed through their wall in the middle of the night and telepathically spoke to them it is impractical to the point of absurdity to expect for that person to have coherently gathered his wits in the middle of such an experience and asked this being to hold on while he went to go get his camera as this all happened. I don't think there's anything wrong with not believing. However,given the topic of the forum I don't understand why people go further and into outright attacks because they don't believe. For that matter I'm more confused as to why they're allowed to in the first place.

It's counterproductive for an aliens and UFO forum to be hostile toward stories of aliens and UFOs. I could see if this was an Italian cuisine forum or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wont judge or reject you Yuriko. I would be interested in hearing your story.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Most times their words are all they have..
Art Bell has a collection of pieces form a ufo crash, called Art's Parts...
This I would consider proof, but who would know exactly what they are?
Demanding proof imo has to be an oxymoron, as 98% of abductees or experiencers, all they have left is their GOOD word.

Perhaps you have misunderstood what I mean. Lets say person A comes on here and says "I am so and so from planet X. I can do this and this and have pictures and video of my home world." When confronted by this request they refuse any proof to validate their claims. Now to me its not an oxymoron to ask this person for proof albeit pictures or videos. That is not the same as someone who says " I was abducted" and leaves it at that. No fantastic claims or anything else. That person I can take at their word. Now person A on the other hand to me is full of crap. They offer up amazing stories but refuse to provide proof of any sort.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
]]]]]]]]It's counterproductive for an aliens and UFO forum to be hostile toward stories of aliens and UFOs. I could see if this was an Italian cuisine forum or something.[[[[[[[[[

Amen, we are not talking recipes, fundies issues, child care we are a board nobody should FEAR to post on..

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Perhaps you have misunderstood what I mean. Lets say person A comes on here and says "I am so and so from planet X. I can do this and this and have pictures and video of my home world." When confronted by this request they refuse any proof to validate their claims. Now to me its not an oxymoron to ask this person for proof albeit pictures or videos. That is not the same as someone who says " I was abducted" and leaves it at that. No fantastic claims or anything else. That person I can take at their word. Now person A on the other hand to me is full of crap. They offer up amazing stories but refuse to provide proof of any sort.

I have uploaded pictures of the REAL people that I am talking about and have been flamed into h**l..
I have had to even get posts deleted to protect someone's identity, as I had revealed too much.
So. let's say how many have told a real story added pictures and still get sent to the outer limits? anyone?

[edit on 19-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

]]]]]]]]It's counterproductive for an aliens and UFO forum to be hostile toward stories of aliens and UFOs. I could see if this was an Italian cuisine forum or something.[[[[[[[[[

Amen, we are not talking recipes, fundies issues, child care we are a board nobody should FEAR to post on..

I agree sirius. I see so many break out their claws, raise up their "Deny Ignorance Banner" and go to town belittling folks with silly intellectualism.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I agree sirius. I see so many break out their claws, raise up their "Deny Ignorance Banner" and go to town belittling folks with silly intellectualism.

Yes, I call that intellectual rhetoric and it is so easy to see through by talking 'down' to a person is as bad or a worse waste of board space, than just ignoring it...

mod edit: added quote box for clarity

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That is it for me, as I suppose I will really be perceived as a mental case. I wish my life were that simple..mental illness perceives nothing...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko Oyama
...tends to think I'm crazy because of the stories I sometimes tell her. I'm not but I tend to not tell any stories unless they do sound crazy.. otherwise what's the fun in that?

Sorry but why do you tell such stories it doesn't give you much credit. Don't cry WOLF unless it's there, people will sooner or later ignore you.

My point is there is sometimes no proof to things.

True, I can't prove my case as many others here.

Because they're afraid of the Men In Black? The Shadow Gov't? Nope.

YES we are when we realize that they DO track observers.

They're afraid of rejection, losing friends, being labeled as 'Crazy' and abandoned.

My friends would NEVER reject me, got rid of the rotten apples years ago, ditch yours.

This is an open forum, find your friends, but be prepared to defend yourself, the board will outrule severe harrasment. I would like to here your tale but honestly, the line about telling stories unless they sound crazy sounds like a hoax revieling itself. Sorry.
So tell us your story feel safe we are listening.
WIS

mod edit: formatting

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join