It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible and ufo's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If GOD is actually beyond flesh and blodd,beyond human,beyond IMAGINATION!...then why would GOD need to eat human food,or have his feet washed...can you explain that?

Gen.18:
[1] And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
[2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
[3] And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
[4] Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and WASH YOUR FEET, and rest yourselves under the tree:
[5] And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromDanK
If GOD is actually beyond flesh and blodd,beyond human,beyond IMAGINATION!...then why would GOD need to eat human food,or have his feet washed...can you explain that?

Gen.18:
[1] And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
[2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
[3] And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
[4] Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and WASH YOUR FEET, and rest yourselves under the tree:
[5] And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

Dank, next try quoting the entire thing instead of one little section in hopes of making some moot point. Abraham was not aware it was god and two angels. He was under the impression they were travelors in need of respite. So as any good person would do he offered them rest and refreshment. When god told sara she would have another child the next year when he visited again. That was when abraham realized it god whom he spoke too.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

Dank, next try quoting the entire thing instead of one little section in hopes of making some moot point. Abraham was not aware it was god and two angels. He was under the impression they were travelors in need of respite. So as any good person would do he offered them rest and refreshment. When god told sara she would have another child the next year when he visited again. That was when abraham realized it god whom he spoke too.

Whompa i know what your trying to do and it isnt working..because obviously you didnt prove that abraham didnt wash gods feet,or feed him...and the point i was trying to make ..is howcome the almighty god,would need anyone to clean his feet,or feed him..unless god is no more human they we are...then i could understand why he might need a drink or a bite to eat...but if god is a spirit and not flesh and bone...then why?....why would god tell abraham it was ok to fetch the water...please whompa try harder!..prove to me that he didnt feed him or give him a drink....

[edit on 21-11-2005 by FarFromDanK]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It says (god or lord ) appeared to him, then when he raised his eyes he saw 3 men distant from him,whereas he ran over to them, it sounds to me that god was a spirit ,but the 3 men were not,and these 3 were the ones he gave food to, so these 3 men were either 3 men from earth,or from somewhere else,if they were from somewhere else and are human? then it seems there is more to the ufo,s or aliens. which exactly what we are talking about.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i would like some answers,christ was the first born ( in spirit),created before the earth was created, and from i understand christ was born physically to Mary, was he physical before then as the old testament?as the subject being discussed before about physical angels,there are many other mentions of angels in the bible like at the time of LOT.
Also christ talks about DAVID praying to my lord (christ) and yet christ was a descendant of DAVID.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by stmichael]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
It says (god or lord ) appeared to him, then when he raised his eyes he saw 3 men distant from him,whereas he ran over to them, it sounds to me that god was a spirit ,but the 3 men were not,and these 3 were the ones he gave food to, so these 3 men were either 3 men from earth,or from somewhere else,if they were from somewhere else and are human? then it seems there is more to the ufo,s or aliens. which exactly what we are talking about.

Lol ..ok you can believe what you want,but,the scripture doesnt say 4 men,it says 3 and god was among those 3...he brought two of his angels with him,who were later going to save lot from the destruction of sodom and gommorah....another intresting thing to point out...is when the angels arrived at sodom and gommarah,to rescue lot,all the men there, wanted to have sex with the angels,but lot hid the angels in his house,...now why would a bunch of men want to try and have sex with angels....remeber in sodom and gommorah,there were alot of homosexuals....but if angels are spirits why would a man even think it was possible to have sex with the angels....well eventually the crowd of men got hostile,so the angels blinded the crowd,then they grabed hold of lot and his family..and teleported them away from the city....

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the purpose of this thread was for ppl to come together and post what they think might be good eveidence that the bible has strong similarites to the existence of extra-terrastrials....when i hear the word god..i think of it as gods,and goddesses..i dont see the one man sitten in heaven..,

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
SEAWATER,

have you ever asked God to show you a sign whether ufo's are demons are not?
YES OR NO

YES....

I've believed aliens were EVIL for quite some time...because since I was filled with the Holy Spirit I've just thought of them as deceiving spirits ( journals.aol.com... ) and that is where I classify them scripturally

Also, before I was filled with the Holy Spirit I was molested/tormented by demons... and alien abduction stories were extremely similar in terms of what happens etc....

Anyway.. I didn't think about this alien deception too much until God gave me this vision:
journals.aol.com...

And the fact that they are demons is confirmed with scripture:
journals.aol.com...

The bible says let everything be confirmed with two or three witnesses (AT LEAST)...

That means I'm not just going to say "God told me so" if I have one dream or vision or if I think I've audibly heard HIS voice say something etc... I should have confirmation primarily through the Written Word of God.. (ie Bible, tested scripturally sound prophecy etc). If something contradicts the Bible, I can just throw it out because it is FALSE and of Satan.

Also, means it may be confirmed through the witness of other Holy Spirit filled Christians. (I mean they "get a witness" ...like the Holy Spirit has told them the same type of thing and they have a testimony about it...not necessarily they were a witness to the vision etc I had or whatever). Anyway, if you check out the second link in this post...you can see some of that..

And these are some dreams I've had from God:

journals.aol.com...
journals.aol.com...
journals.aol.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarFromDanK

The passage you quote from Gen 18 does NOT say God "needed to eat human food or have HIS feet washed" etc...

Eternal life is to KNOW God (John 17:3)...
God likes to fellowship with HIS people. That is all that passage you quoted is showing in regard to what you are saying...

Also, Jesus (YAHSHUA) took on human flesh..

One last thing, I'm not here to argue with anyone. I can't make you believe what I believe. Its not my job to convince you of anything. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin and opens spiritual eyes. NOT me.

**EDIT: bad spelling

[edit on 21-11-2005 by seawater999]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Originally posted by seawater999
aliens are DEMONS and FALLEN ANGELS

nuff said:
journals.aol.com...

God would of had to create Hell in order for it to exist and a God of Love would not do that. If a fallen angel can create it's own kingdom and then inspire people more so than the God of Love can, why is God the all powerful?

Anyway, Hell doesn't exist, like most modern Christian ideals, it was a creation used for controlling the herd.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

God is a God of LOVE but HE will not tolerate SIN.
HE is mighty in LOVE but also mighty in wrath

I KNOW there is a HELL. I'm not going there.

All men sin and deserve to go to hell...
God would have been fully justified to let the situation stay that way.
BUT HE sent HIS Son... NOT to condemn the world BUT to SAVE it...
ANYONE who refuses the GIFT of GOD already stands condemned..

Jesus (YAHSHUA) is the ONE and ONLY WAY... HE gives eternal life and pours our the HOLY SPIRIT without measure..
ETERNAL LIFE is to KNOW God... that starts now (NOT at death)..
Eternal Life begins now. You can know God through the power and the presence of the Holy Spirit now by the blood of YAHSHUA
thekingiscomingtoreign.blogspot.com...

Read Luke 3, John 3 and Acts 1-2

HELL is NOT a good place to go

www.fireonthealtar.com...
www.fireonthealtar.com...
amightywind.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i have this problem with people being"filled by the spirit" becuase if the same spirit fills two different people howcome this indwelt prophecy is different? Such as the attitude of martin luther toward jews versus the attitude of evangelical christians today. obviously martin luther hated jews and now the christians are jew lovers. did the holy spirit tell him to persecute the jews. Does God change his mind?

So either the holy spirit is lying to one of you or the holy spirit never went inside your heads and it was all from your subconcious mind.

There is no scriptural proof that UFO's are demonic. If the satan was going to deceive the world do you think that he would be stupid enough to use a deception that Gods elect already know. Doesn't satan read the internet and know that christians are looking high and low for signs of the end and the antichrist. Aren't you guys tired of wasting your time doing this? Shouldn't you be out helping people instead of writing gack about the end times?

point being what good is a deception if the ones to be deceived already know what the deception is. You can't tell me that its the world thats going to be decieved and not christians. because weren't christians decieved into the crusades? or those weren't real christians at all?
If you look at movies today You will find that the aliens are being portrayed as bad guys. So how are aliens going to deceive people into believing that they created us when speculation of that deception aleady exist and well known.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

i have this problem with people being"filled by the spirit" becuase if the same spirit fills two different people howcome this indwelt prophecy is different? Such as the attitude of martin luther toward jews versus the attitude of evangelical christians today. obviously martin luther hated jews and now the christians are jew lovers. did the holy spirit tell him to persecute the jews. Does God change his mind?

So either the holy spirit is lying to one of you or the holy spirit never went inside your heads and it was all from your subconcious mind.

God doesn't change. Even the Bible says that.
Clearly, if two people are saying "the Holy Spirit said this or that" and the info contradicts... either one or both aren't hearing from the Holy Spirit (ie the 3rd person of the Godhead)
About Martin Luther... when he first started out he had a different attitude toward the Jews. Plus when he said "Jews" he might not have been refering to every single Jew on the planet... (Even though, I think he died an apostate). Clearly, no one can hate the Jews and say they follow a Jewish Messiah

There is no scriptural proof that UFO's are demonic. If the satan was going to deceive the world do you think that he would be stupid enough to use a deception that Gods elect already know. Doesn't satan read the internet and know that christians are looking high and low for signs of the end and the antichrist. Aren't you guys tired of wasting your time doing this? Shouldn't you be out helping people instead of writing gack about the end times?

point being what good is a deception if the ones to be deceived already know what the deception is. You can't tell me that its the world thats going to be decieved and not christians. because weren't christians decieved into the crusades? or those weren't real christians at all?
If you look at movies today You will find that the aliens are being portrayed as bad guys. So how are aliens going to deceive people into believing that they created us when speculation of that deception aleady exist and well known.

Well most of what you said here makes sence. So, I'll just leave that stuff alone.
Just with some basic logic I'm going to think about something you said... According to census records or whatever you want to call them like 80% of the world is "Christian"... Well Jesus said that only a few would be saved.
So, that means that there are alot of people who call themselves Christian but arent because they don't even KNOW God.

My friend, if I go into an average church and start telling ppl "aliens are demons" I would get rejected... Mainstream Christianity is looking for a mass church rapture before the tribulation begins. They want an easy way out. They think God is just going to remove them from the planet before he breaks out with HIS wrath. No way. Its not going to work that way. I believe only 144, 000 are going to be raptured (Rev 14).
Anyway... "aliens" (fallen angels) are going to conduct a fake rapture. There is the deception...
Next: Sure movies portray aliens as EVIL (but NOT all)... Even from what I read in this message board. Alot of people think there are different races of aliens... some good some bad... BUT, in truth, they are ALL EVIL fallen angels or demons...

And Satan wants to decieve as many people as possible...
If you look at it from a "biblical worldview" satan already has power over anyone who doesn't believe the gospel and repent etc.. He is really out to get the Christians because they know the truth:
journals.aol.com...
journals.aol.com...

Anyaway, I'm not going to keep going with this. Debating is not my thing. That would be a waste of time because if no one has changed there mind by now (or with what has been said) than anything further is a waste.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
one more thing...

there is proof that aliens are demons and fallen angels in the Bible:
journals.aol.com...

right there.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

journals.aol.com...

right there.

Sorry but what part of that is "proof" of anything. Quoting the word host a number of times from a man-made book is proof of nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy

journals.aol.com...

right there.

Sorry but what part of that is "proof" of anything. Quoting the word host a number of times from a man-made book is proof of nothing.

go ahead and believe that if you want.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Just with some basic logic I'm going to think about something you said... According to census records or whatever you want to call them like 80% of the world is "Christian"... Well Jesus said that only a few would be saved.
So, that means that there are alot of people who call themselves Christian but arent because they don't even KNOW God.

If only a few people are going to be saved and God is just rewarding the good and punishing the bad. Then what happens to the righteous buddhist or jew who "dies in his sins". How will God reward him for the good he has done in his life if God is just he can't ignore that 2.00 he threw in that bellringers bucket at the mall. WIll he burn with hitler or go to a less tormentous hell.

I believe only 144, 000 are going to be raptured (Rev 14).
Anyway... "aliens" (fallen angels) are going to conduct a fake rapture. There is the deception...

Wow thats a real small number are you sure your good enough to be a part of that. and aren't you a girl? I though this 144k is just guys.

WHo told you that the aliens are going to fake a rapture. a real prophet of God?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

go ahead and believe that if you want.

I have to ask ;How can you have so much faith in the reasoning skills of man 2000 years ago?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The problem is, you can't quote religious doctrine to confirm religious doctrine. That's like quoting Bush to prove Cheney is honest.

You look at history and it's quiet clear when Christianity INVENTED the idea of a Hell to scare people back into the Church, it's very well documented.

Christianity is not the teachings of Jesus, it's the edited and re-written version of what was written during Jesus time, done by Paul in order to make himself a religious icon by making the teachings of Jesus, the 'parables of Jesus'. Most of what Jesus taught was learned from the Buddhists and incorporated within the Essenes movement, he promoted freedom and equality between all life and went against all the efforts of the empires to control the people and use them against each other. Christianity should really be called "Paulinism" because he's the one who took the many religious stories already established hundreds of years earlier and re-wrote them to make Jesus the 'chosen one' based off the movement Jesus created from spreading truth and love. To worship the bible goes against the real Jesus' teaching in everyway, he wanted religious freedom to inspire people, not a book of 'who to suck up to in order to avoid burning in hell'.

If your so sure of the religion, why can't you acknowledge it's own detailed history? That would be the first start in trying to understand anything, learning it's true roots. By only allowing one view, your allowing yourself to follow the real reason for the bibles creation - controlling the masses by fear.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If only a few people are going to be saved and God is just rewarding the good and punishing the bad. Then what happens to the righteous buddhist or jew who "dies in his sins". How will God reward him for the good he has done in his life if God is just he can't ignore that 2.00 he threw in that bellringers bucket at the mall. WIll he burn with hitler or go to a less tormentous hell.

I believe in levels of hell...based on Deuteronomy 32:22; Psalms 86:13 and some stuff from the gospels and like proverbs...that I can't find that easily.. it would take me a while
Right now Hell is on the inside of the earth Amos 9:2. Later it will be cast into the Lake of Fire Rev 20:14
There is NO eternal life out side of the shed blood of YAHSHUA and the Anointing of the Holy Spirit.

I believe only 144, 000 are going to be raptured (Rev 14).

Wow thats a real small number are you sure your good enough to be a part of that. and aren't you a girl? I though this 144k is just guys.
WHo told you that the aliens are going to fake a rapture. a real prophet of God?

Yea, small #.
Jesus said pray that you be counted worthy to escape this stuff in Matt 22-24ish (can't find it) and Luke 21:26.
And Rev is a mainly "symbolic" book. Read Matt 25 and James 1:27 and 2 Cor 11:2

Well, we either need to take this to U2U or a new thread. This is way off-topic.

EDIT* I had to fix the quote boxes..whatever

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

You look at history and it's quiet clear when Christianity INVENTED the idea of a Hell to scare people back into the Church, it's very well documented.

You are just repeating yourself. Why?
EDIT: all this is going to do is cause me to repeat myself. there is no point...just a never ending cycle..

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
I have to ask ;How can you have so much faith in the reasoning skills of man 2000 years ago?

you are asking me a question in such a way that no matter how I answer it will be pointless... you see that right?
...you are stauch and so am I
there is no room to reason.
Whats the point?
Why should you or I waste each other's time? I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Do you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join