It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theoretical M.I.B. question......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Jeff,

I remember those rooms back in the early 90's on AOL. I guess everyone started on AOL back in those days. I do remember the scrolling also and it went up pretty fast but not so fast that you couldn't see it "scroll".

I wish I would have known about those sightings rooms. Sounds very interesting along with your experiences.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hey Jb-
Yeah those rooms were fun back in the day...could also be an extreme headache.

Did you ever go into OMNI magazine's section? I started in OMNI's "Antimatter", which dealt with UFOs, and such. Was not a host there, but being a vocal member, was recruited by Sightings for their area and chat rooms. Then Sightings folded, and Parascope then recruited me. Insanely popular place for quite awhile, until AOL changed their money machine engine around...then it was tough on the owner(s) who were good folks. I quit a good bit before the ship sank, largely due to personal reasons. But it had it's moments that were fun.

I think the real time chats are something they should do around ATS sometime, unless they do and I dont know about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately I did not get into any of those areas. I was a newbie to computers and the internet. I had just gotten my first PC, an IBM Aptiva. It was the most powerful machine you could buy in retail stores at the time and I was crashing it every other day. When I did get online, I was going as many places as I could and was amazed that I could chat with people from places I'd never been, for free no less! Remember when you would get on the AOL Intranet and then you would have to go from there to get on the WWW? Those were the days on infancy. I can't believe that I couldn't cash in on it all. Well, hindsight you know. I had a friend that got in on the original AOL stock. Needless to say, she is filthy rich now.

It's funny, when I was around 12, I used to read anything I could get my hands on about UFO's and Bigfoot. But mostly UFO's. Then suddenly I stopped for 30 years, never even thinking about it up until last year. I started back up with it like I had never left off. I am particularly intriuged by your posts and I would love for you to start that new thread you mentioned.

It just kinda makes me wonder....I had that intense interest, then zero, then intense interest again 30 yrs later. I can't put my finger on it. Oh well, it's likely nothing.

Anyway, yea, those were the days back then on AOL. Again, I hope to read more of your stuff as well as witness your debunking of CG UFO's.

Thanks my friend!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hey Jb- Yeah I'll see if I can start a thread tonight. I know whatcha mean by dropping out then coming back to it like you never stopped.

It's funny that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join