It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Mayet Council Runoff - What ATSNN should be now, and what it should evolve to in the future.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ATSNN holds a special niche on the world wide web today and for those reasons ATSNN is, as it should be for the here and now. It has grown from infancy into a youth richly exploring all subjects and items of interest in the world today. It has evolved from birth and will continue to evolve, as it has been born to live, it shall grow with nourishment.

ATSNN as a news feed should strive for credibility, freedom from bias and yet free in form in the search for truth. ATSNN should break the constraints and bonds held by mainstream media today and push those boundaries deeper in the search for the truth behind the news. Mainstream media is not free, but ATSNN is and should always be free, free to grow, free from bias, free with a wide variety of opinion for every corner of the world and every walk of life and free for the people to come.

ATSNN should be a bustling hive of activity with members and visitors perusing news articles for the story behind the story, the truth behind the news and ATSNN should be busy with posted opinions of those news articles. ATSNN should be at the forefront of new ways to present the news, with opinion editorials, eyewitness accounts, careful analysis and exclusive interviews. ATSNN should be a pinnacle of respect, integrity, honesty and ATSNN should be rich in detail and information. ATSNN should be a place to relax, a place to express opinion openly with honesty, healthy debate and learning from others. ATSNN should be a place of assistance to contributors and encouragement of submissions of quality stories and articles. ATSNN should be constantly moving not growing stale and stagnate, regenerating with each new reply or article posted. ATSNN should be on top and up to date.

ATSNN should bring to the world that story with a twist, something different, the truth uncovered revealed in the harsh lights of reality. ATSNN should bring “that story”!! that is buried in the dirt and trod on, hidden from view but a fascinating item none the less.

ATSNN and all submissions should be of the highest quality standards, the best of the best news and information gathered from the best of the best sources for each individual item, ATSNN should be a place of care and nourishment of articles. ATSNN should be a place of encouragement of the contributors, with helpful advice and a friendly hand extended to assist anyone who walks in the door with a want to contribute in any way shape or form, from submitting articles and posting replies to voting on and reading the stories. ATSNN should be full of care, a place that can indeed hold it’s head up proudly amongst the news reports of today.

ATSNN should reflect the fact that it is member driven, a place of people. ATSNN should show its multiculturalism. ATSNN should show it’s diversity with stories that matter, items that people want to know and sometimes items people not want to know but are prepared to face in their honest truth. ATSNN should be free of bias and full of facts. ATSNN should show both sides of the coins, whether you tossed for heads or tails.

ATSNN is all of that now and more.

ATSNN is like a proud tall ship with sails billowing in the breeze, with the wind at the tail, following the paths of the world’s oceans, stopping to rest in ports the world over, with news to bring and stories to tell. With an eager crew nudging it along steering the wheel, freshly scrubbed and spotless decks, a galley stocked with articles to feed on and the passengers and visitors riding the waves happily satisfied tummies rounded full of food for thought. As the ATSNN ship passes over the waves, the bow rises straight and high to meet the next challenge and future head on.

As ATSNN sails into the future it will grow and mature and settle into the entity it becomes. With new methods and mediums being explored day by day, Internet has become the frontier of News and Information. Conventional methods of broadcasting are a thing of the past as the internet gains in momentum new paths will be explored. ATSNN should always look to the future and back into the past for guidance. ATSNN should always keep and treasure its grass roots, where it came from and what it stands for now should always apply in the future.

New ideas should be examined to keep ATSNN at the peak as it begins the journey forward. Podcasting is a current phenomenon sweeping the world by storm, ATSNN has the opportunity to look at ideas such as this to help steer and keep it at the forefront for years to come. Live podcast broadcasts of news and information. “The new millennium’s six o clock news”. In time for the future there is opportunity for video feed as well as aural and when the time comes, ATSNN will be there, ready.

As ATSNN grows with new people from the world over the opportunities will grow and should be utilized for live reports, eye witness’s accounts and interviews of witnesses. On the spot reporting as opposed to reciting from a Reuters feed. Wherever possible, ATSNN should grow into an entity that scoops the story and gives true honest opinion and comment. Opinions and editorials should grow and exclusive interviews posted and commented upon more and more as mainstream media loses the grip of the constraints that tie the truth and the Internet marches onto another era with ATSNN up there with the leaders in innovation.

The ATSNN of the future should strive to seek out the truth wherever it may hide and always deny bias, as the world grows, as ATSNN grows, so do lies and bias and ATSNN must always turn it’s back on those realms.

The members and visitors to ATSNN should always be shown that it is member driven, it’s the member that all make the difference, there is no one being behind the ATSNN stories of today and tomorrow, what makes ATSNN special now and will in the future is the people. People who come because of interest, stay because of quality and contribute because of care.

ATSNN is the staff, the administration, the council, the experts, the contributers, the posters and the readers. The council staff and members are what steers ATSNN and together they form the entity that is ATSNN. Now and the future. With the council of the future working together with both management and the people to ensure ATSNN stays at the top, the top of accountability, the top of truth, the top of quality, the top of care.

The present is formed from the past and the future will form from it’s past.

ATSNN and the people that make it be are the future, the full blown product in the making. As human kind expands and multiplies ATSNN will expand and multiply.

The future of ATSNN is the news ….The future of News is ATSNN,..

Related News Links:
politics.abovetopsecret.com
politics.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well said, Mayet.

I am sure that ATSNN will continue to function and flourish under the hand and guidance of either you or djohnsto77.

My best to you in this run-off, Mayet.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Very good Mayet
Very well said.

You definitely deserve to be the ATSNN councillor and you certainly have my vote and support.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by shorty]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You guys are making it really hard for me to make my mind up now
both of you have just given good reasons why i should vote for you
ill have to read up on all your articles now cause i can't choose

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You have my vote and support.

I like what you see ATSNN is and what its future could be.

Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It would seem that I have a complication with the matter at hand.

Who to vote for....who to vote for...hmmmm?

You both have made this a very tough determination by being such great candidates!

Now I only hope I don't have a hanging CHAD...thats not good for anyone!

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mayet, you have my vote.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The question asked for this submission was

Posted by SkepticOverlord
I ask that Mayet and djohnsto77 compose a 1,200 word or less ATSNN OP/ED on what ATSNN should be now, and what it should evolve to in the future.

As far as being elected to the position of councillor is concerned I will also now address that point as Dj has done in his submission.

If elected to ATSNN council position I will continue to care for ATSNN as I do now. I was rather pleased when Nerdling invited Valhall, Subz and myself to a panel of experts for ATSNN a few months ago.

I have always put ATSNN first, ever since I found ATSNN and I will continue to do so even if I am not elected.

If I am elected I will continue to encourage and assist new and current contributers to ATSNN. In the past months I have happily assisted and encouraged many other members with submissions and my pride is seeing new submissions of the best quality standard. I will continue to press for the top of quality on submissions and continue to assist the contributers get their stories voted up quicker. I will continue to actively encourage new contributers and continue to pass on feedback and praise.

These things are the backbone of ATSNN, the things that are not seen on public display that do make a difference to ATSNN. A helping hand reached out to everyone.

I will continue to encourage that diversity and multiculturalism that makes ATSNN the special entity that it is in the world today.

I will listen and work with both management staff and the members to ensure results, and results that satisfy everyone. I will gladly give both my ears to all member. I will continue to keep ATSNN moving and flowing along, not sitting stale and stagnate.

I will continue to deny the left right political blackband.

I will continue to make ATSNN a place for all, the member driven portal that it has been created to be. I will continue to encourage great stories, well researched items that stand out amongst the rote we see so much today in mainstream media.

I will continue to encourage the story's behind the news, the conspiracies, the oddities that can't quite be answered. I will continue to encourage new ideas, breaking news, exclusive items, eye witness accounts, and interviews. I will continue to strive for truth. For both sides of a story,

I will continue to deny bias and continue to encourage opinion from all walks of life. I will encourage voters to be active.

At the last ATSNN panel meeting it was explained to us that managment is currently working already on a new submission system and votes that is fair to everyone. That issue is being addressed but i do look forward to my input and feedback of those changes when they are implemented.

I have spoke before on my views. I am not walking into this election armed with a bunch of changes. One does not try and change the course of a smoothly sailing ship. I wish instead to listen to the members, listen to the experts and listen to managements views. I will not make promises to change this or that that I cannot follow through. I follow through what I start. I am tenacious. I care.

I will continue to care and nurture ATSNN. ATSNN is the members, the people, not just one or two people and not just the experts. Everyone is part of ATSNN and ATSNN can be a part of everyone.

My greatest joy is to submit articles of interest and bring healthy debate on subjects. I get a kick seeing new contributers posting items of quality for the world to vie now and tomorrow. My greatest joy is to open up ATSNN like I did today and see so many new submissions from new contributers. My joy lies in the success of ATSNN.

you are all welcome to peruse my news submissions. I have not just been active on ATSNN since the election, I do not disappear and ignore ATSNN for long periods of time. I have been there steadily and constantly.
www.atsnn.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
It would seem that I have a complication with the matter at hand.

Who to vote for....who to vote for...hmmmm?

You both have made this a very tough determination by being such great candidates!

Now I only hope I don't have a hanging CHAD...thats not good for anyone!

- One Man Short

Lopsided dangly's hmm........then you could always change you nick to "One Chad short of Manhood"

One man, you know you really want to vote for me... Because you may be one man short...But I am just short

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Excellent, Mayet! Very Impressive! You have my support. You always have.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks BH it is appreciated greatly..and might I say my campaign banner looks mighty spiffy on you

I will take the time to thank everyone for listening to me. I would like to thank eveyone who voted for me to get me this far and I would like to thank those who will vote for me in the future.

Thank You for the trust. I respect that trust and as I said.. I do care.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Lopsided dangly's hmm........then you could always change you nick to "One Chad short of Manhood"

I have read LOTS of good natured jabs at my ATS moniker, but the one I quoted above by MAYET is probably the funniest anyone has put forward!

Thanks for making me chuckle!

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks but ..umm.. you made me chuckle first

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The poll is now open

Vote Mayet for ATSNN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You've got my vote Mayet. You do GOOD work gurl.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A quick question Mayet:

Do you think you can listen openly to all members, and help them regardless of the their political leanings?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I did it ...I did it...I voted!

Just thought everyone would like to know this!

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
I did it ...I did it...I voted!

I can relate. Last time I missed the polls.

Just thought everyone would like to know this!

You're darn right. Congratulations on being responsible.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes easily. Everyone has different points of view and no two people see the same. To not stop and listen to anyone regardless of their political leanings or other opinions would be a crime to the position involved.

The position calls for someone who can listen and communicate with everyone, whether they be left or right, managment or member, reader or contributer.

The position calls for the someone to listen to the people and to then communicate and relay that knowledge gained by the listening to the right places in a simple non biased and easy to understand manner, with tact, diplomacy, honesty and integrity. Its not just hearing, its listening.

Everyone has a heart, everyone has a mind and within that mind is many different facets of opinions. The person elected to this position needs to have the ability to see those facets and to listen to the people's heart and voice no matter what those opinions say.

I feel I have those skills. I do listen. I can relate. I am not politically biased.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

I feel I have those skills. I do listen. I can relate. I am not politically biased.

Thanks.

We all know you are pretty special.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join