It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Mayet Council Runoff - What ATSNN should be now, and what it should evolve to in the future.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A vote for Mayet is a vote for reason and compassion. I have always found myself agreeing with pretty much every thing she writes.

Councilors are more than people you can agree with though, infact that is pretty irrelevant. What it boils down to is whether they are capable of pushing for change and being a good steward of ATSNN.

To get down to the nitty gritty and not to insult DJ, I feel that Mayet is a more approachable person than DJ. She is very easy to talk to and she is on ATSNN more than DJ is. She is obviously an avid contributor with over 320 submissions to her name in less than 12 months.

For those 102 people that voted for me, I believe Mayet to be very very similar to myself. A vote for me is the same as a vote for Mayet. She will be an awesome councilor and will be an immense asset to the board.

VOTE FOR MAYET!!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Mayet, I would like to ask you the same question that subz placed before djohnsto77:

what would be your opinion on limiting the amount of submissions experts could post on a given day? I find that contributers and prospective contributers are being squashed out of the whole process due to the expert's instant upgrades. What is your opinon on my idea to limit the amount of submissions an expert can post per day to two?

Thanks.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My apologies, in the interest of fairness I should of posted that myself Seekerof. I had already asked Mayet that same question on MSN which is why I hadnt posted it here.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

what would be your opinion on limiting the amount of submissions experts could post on a given day? I find that contributers and prospective contributers are being squashed out of the whole process due to the expert's instant upgrades. What is your opinon on my idea to limit the amount of submissions an expert can post per day to two?

With the current situation and voting structure, if an expert posts a few good stories and other experts post a few good stories, then the votable submissions can tend to be pushed to another page and get lost in no man's land.

It can then be difficult to find the submissions let alone vote on them. This is why the whole structures needs to be looked at. We have been told by the moderator and previous council seat holder at ATSNN, Nerdling, that the submission and voting is being currently examined by the management. So in that case it is a matter to hear what managements plans are first along with hearing from more of the members.

There may be new ways and ideas from managment that will stop this issue occuring without having to look at restricting submissions, ways to ensure that both experts and contributers both are happy and not restricted.

In the current form, it is an option to the issue of submitters having their items pushed back to other pages. Another option is to push the voting along and really encouraging each person who reads a thread, to vote on it and vote on it fairly without bias.

If it was decided by the membership that they did want the experts submissions restricted and that was what management wanted too then and only then I feel personally there should be a program implemented to be able to pass good stories onto contributers so that ATSNN does not miss out on good articles. In the end it is about ATSNN and the best for ATSNN, it is a news feed, it deserves to have those stories up there which further brings more and more visitors to the site.

But experts have earned the title. They have worked hard and sat in submission just like everyone else. They are experienced enough to know a good story to post to ATSNN, they are experienced enough to write a good report and article on the story to create interest and response. This shows a good example to contributers, a goal to strive for.

I know personally some days I post one or two articles but on a great news day that number can be much higher. FredT once mentioned to me that he once posted ten articles in a row. So if there is to be a limit, what would be the boundary and what would happen if a huge story broke and you were the nly one online to post it?

Experts are just as much a part of ATSNN as everyone else, Their imput is important, they are contributers just like everyone else, except in this case they are expert contributers.

I think on this issue we are better off looking at the issue behind the reason of wanting to restrict the expert submissions and that is contributers gettting a fair go and articles voted up quicker.

I know for one I personally would be pretty sad if I could not post more than two articles a day. I would spend all day trying to decide which two. ATSNN is big enough for all the best of the best news stories, whoever submits them and supllies them with top quality. That's why I would look at the other ideas for getting the contributers "up there " more.

It depends on what the members want once again. Subz has raised this issue so it is now open to debate and on the table.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thank you ma'am for your honesty and time in answering that particular question.

Much appreciated and well said.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I voted Mayet because I know how great she is. Plus I know she wouldn't cook me caramel tart for dessert tonight unless I did. I know how much time and effort she has put into this site.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Best of luck, Mayet!

Ahhh..politics. This run-off's got all the trappings.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You got my vote!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the vote I do appreciate it very much

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My votes cast, of course, I voted for the better of the two choices.

Great work campaigning, May. Best of luck. May the best woman win.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by shorty]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My vote is for Mayet. I love reading the stories she covers and it always gives me something to think about for a few days..

She is a great person and really has worked hard and put alot into this site.

Plus i know her in real life and she is really a great nice helpful person and always has a smile on her face.

And with a footy team of kids ( including me ) bugging her all day she deserves to win.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ebert
And with a footy team of kids ( including me ) bugging her all day she deserves to win.

"Footy team of kids". I can just see the non-Australian members reading that imagining a pack of kids all with 5 pairs of feet each.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh no don't even let me think along those terms... Its a nightmare buying shoes now...let alone finding pairs of them in the house. My five year old was going away for a holiday recently and lined 7 shoes up. They all fitted but she couldn't find the pair of any of them... Of course mummy went straight to the toy box, found the lost shoes and about ten pairs of sox...

Thanks Ebert..... with paise like that you could earn your seat on the next camping expedition yet

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Mayet, I have a question. Put away the candidacy for a moment - this is just member-to-member.

How many monitors and/or windows do you have open in front of you on any given day? Are you wired into the cyber-news in any other way?

The reason I ask is that you are by far one of the most prolific contributors on ATS, and I mean that in a good way. You always seem to be working a half-dozen stories at any given time. Is it that lush, beautiful South Pacific view that makes you so efficient? Bottle it, and you'll be a rich little lady.

Good luck in the race.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Atsnn has been a hotbed of drama in the past and now it is again BEFORE the elections are even over. (reference the disgusting behavior in Djohnsto77's Run Off OP/ED piece that I had to spend an hour deleting)

Effective immediately the election for ATSNN Councilor is CANCELED and we will select on of our Administrators for overall coordination and operational responsibility of ATSNN.

Simon Gray, Skeptic Overlord and Springer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join