It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

australia has some major places

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

The reason I wont believe the people in this thread, posting about seeing B1 bombers, or being told by secret sources that they were intercepted by an F16 or F117(pretty hard to mistake one for the other, that should be your first hint that he is lying), is because all they have done is throw a story together without providing any proof of what they are saying.

Oh, I know people who have seen thing's too up central Australia way, in places were 99.99% of the population would think there is nothing but desert, and in fact, there is nothing but desert as far as the eye can see. Thing's which most people on this forum would be extremely interested in.
But I have no proof to back up those stories, so I'm not going around posting them.

It's not like I don't believe or think that the government is up to thing's behind "closed doors" away from the public eye, or that it keeps things secret from us. Of course it does.

But what those things are, and how true some of these stories going around are, is another thing all together. And until someone provides some proof, well, I'm not going to believe everything posted.

One guy claims to know people in ASIO who tell him things..now if he knew anyone, he wouldn't talk about it and/or they wouldn't tell him anything, their identities are a state secret, and loosing their job is the least of their problems if caught.

Another guy claims to have been told by someone how he accidentally flew over Pine Gap and was intercepted immediately by either an F16 or F117. The two aircraft look nothing a like firstly. Secondly, where did they allegedly come from?
They then stripped his plane apart. Where did they do this? Alice Springs Airport? Or at this magic air base nobody has seen?
If at the air base, where is it? Come on. He is a pilot, he should know the rough location of where he was forced to land.

Another guy claims to have seen B1 bombers in the middle of nowhere. But again, conveniently there is no photo.

I know that if I was in a plane flying over the outback and saw B1 bombers sitting around, I would be taking photos, or if my plane was intercepted by aircraft that aren't supposed to be in Australia, I again would be snapping away with the camera.

The reason I came to this site was because people used to post proof with their claims. We used to see photos, maps, and all sorts of evidence posted. Not just stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Oh, I know people who have seen thing's too up central Australia way, in places were 99.99% of the population would think there is nothing but desert, and in fact, there is nothing but desert as far as the eye can see. Thing's which most people on this forum would be extremely interested in. But I have no proof to back up those stories, so I'm not going around posting them.

That on its own is a contradiction, I see it this way, I believe just like you that some things are happen right under our nose, why do you need proof, why do need to hammer every one with out proof. You know your self that something's can not be explained .let others tell stories and its up to the individual to believe or not.

anyway I would be happy to hear your stories without photos, up to you I guess. Just remember this, someonme else may of seen it and are too scared to say something, you post up, hell they may just contribute with the same story or even a picture

Wally

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Where's the contradiction mate?

I said I know people who have seen things, well they claim to have anyway.
I don't know if they are telling the truth, exaggerating, or flat out lying.

The places they claim to have seen something, there's nothing but desert.

The reason I ask for proof rather then just the story, is because there are people out there who would obviously not want the truth to be revealed. Thus disinformation is spread with the purpose of leading people away from certain subjects.

Maybe what people are seeing are top secret government projects, for one purpose or another? Why they would want to lead people away from discussion of such things is pretty obvious.

Now obviously photos aren't the be all and end all to proving something. But they are a start. And they certainly add some level of credibility to a story, and a point for the those who might be interested in researching further to follow up on.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
reply to post by auswally

Oh, I know people who have seen thing's too up central Australia way, in places were 99.99% of the population would think there is nothing but desert, and in fact, there is nothing but desert as far as the eye can see. Thing's which most people on this forum would be extremely interested in.
But I have no proof to back up those stories, so I'm not going around posting them.

I said I know people who have seen things, well they claim to have anyway. I don't know if they are telling the truth, exaggerating, or flat out lying.

please tell. i am seriously interested, i can make up my own mind without a picture.

Wally

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Not interested in sharing what I've been told. I would have posted about it already if I was. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

And whilst we are at it BLV2 here is some more reading for you, members.iimetro.com.au...

fair enough, i understand but at least reply to this, since you are shooting others down

wally

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Years ago i knew a US air force E9 that was stationed at Pine Gap.

He worked before and after that assignment at NORAD in the hole.

From what little i could get out of him was that he did the same job at both Pine Gap and NORAD.

From what i could get Australia Canada UK, and the US could run WW3 from pine gap if NORAD was knocked out.
There was backup systems to talk to the aircraft and subs of Canada the US and the UK in case of loss of NORAD and the "looking glass" aircraft.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

One guy claims to know people in ASIO who tell him things..now if he knew anyone, he wouldn't talk about it and/or they wouldn't tell him anything, their identities are a state secret, and loosing their job is the least of their problems if caught.

If you are referring to me, it was a former ASIO officer that offered up some very broad personal opinions in passing conversation to me about Pine Gap.
Nothing terribly ground shaking.

Some of these people have been out of ASIO for 30+ years, but they still keep in rather loose contact with what is going on, because they have close friends that still work there.
Former ASIO officers maintain a very close and interconnected social network that lasts well beyond establishing an alternative non spook career.

Rather like someone that is an ex Vietnam war veteran reminiscing about personal experience in the Vietnam war.
He is certainly not betraying top military secrets to the Viet Cong in 2010, because the war finished over forty years ago.

But any insights that vet has, (to me at least), have far more value than the opinion of some teenage keyboard warrior, that has never been either in the military or overseas in his life.

Likewise a former ASIO officer that offers up a personal opinion about the Pine Gap facility is definitely not going to give anything away that would cause anyone any grief. They are far too professional, and far too ethical for that.

And as for being believed by people here, I really could not care less.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
^^^ You haven't actually said anything revealing, everything you just said, is basically Internet rumor already of what Pine Gap is capable of.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

^^^ You haven't actually said anything revealing, everything you just said, is basically Internet rumor already of what Pine Gap is capable of.

That is very often the sad and disappointing thing about the truth.
Everyone tells exactly the same story.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I thought i would add another little tale to the thread.

According to some, the Aum Shinrikyo cult (of Japanese Sarin gas subway attack fame) owned "Banjawarn", a large sheep station in Western Australia. There were reports from local Aboriginals of fireballs and earthquakes coming from the area, which lead to rumours that the Aum had a secret base there and were testing HAARP / Tesla style weapons. This is all back in the 90's before the subway attack.

Here's a 10 min doco on it.

A 6 part report on it, by Harry Mason, called "Bright Skies" appeared in Nexus magazine in 1997. Read it Here

Truth or fiction?.. no idea!
Makes for a good read tho

Probably worthy of a thread of it's own..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
Truth or fiction?.. no idea!
Makes for a good read tho

Probably worthy of a thread of it's own..

The Aum sect certainly existed, as did the fireballs and the earthquakes in Western Australia..

No doubt about that at all.

And I recall there is at least one very long thread (somewhere ? here) on this very fascinating topic.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

And I recall there is at least one very long thread (somewhere ? here) on this very fascinating topic.

Ah cool, can anyone find the thread for me? I've no idea of the keywords for a search and.. I'm a lazy.. lazy man.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

EARTHQUAKES TO ORDER In 1965, this section of the Great Sandy Desert area was (uniquely for Australia) covered by high-altitude U2 aerial photography, paid for by the US Government. Why? In 1966, the French oil company Aquitaine Oil (now called ELF Aquitaine) took out a large oil exploration permit in this most isolated and difficult-to-access area of Australia. Canberra even paid half the exploration costs to help explore the hinterland. No other company known to me ever got this type of deal - especially to explore an area of poor conceptual potential in a poor geological environment when many easier-access and far better geological environments with excellent conceptual potential existed elsewhere in Australia and were open for acquisition and exploration. Aquitaine commenced exploration in 1967 and carried out aeromagnetic, ground gravity, seismic traverse, and ground VLF/ELF EM studies. (These EM techniques were quite rare and odd exploration techniques to be used in oil exploration.) In 1968-69, Australian Army MPs with 4WD Jeeps were airlifted into the Great Sandy Desert to round up a couple of hundred nomadic Aboriginal tribespeople and ship them out to Broome. This region was declared "off limits to the public", and all access tracks into the desert were guarded by Military Police. The published reason for this was the danger from a series of test launches from Woomera in South Australia, over the Great Sandy Desert and Broome, of the British Blue Streak missiles, and of the European four-stage space rocket satellite-launching system. (They even got this one into orbit eventually in early 1970 and 1971.) Thereafter, the British missile program and the European space effort were rather mysteriously and suddenly closed down. In 1970 Aquitaine did no field work. In late March 1970, a series of concentrated 3.0 to 5.0 Richter-scale earthquakes commenced in the eastern Great Sandy Desert. (Note: no earthquakes have ever been known there since seismometers were installed in WA in 1900; also, there is no Aboriginal racial memory of quakes in this region.)

source or too keep reading

members.iimetro.com.au...

I found this very interesting. i wonder if any of the locals are still around to talk about it. and blaming testing at Woomera thousands of km;s away, what a joke

wally

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ausconspiracies

Actually ASIS is more closely related to the CIA

Pine Gap is old news, have a look at NURRUNGAR - "JOINT DEFENCE SPACE COMMUNICATION STATION"

also:

There are so called abandoned mines in the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney

34° 3'16.04"S 150°26'48.84"E

From above the area looks quite small, however the entire underground complex is massive

The link to the Apex Energy website is here : www.apexenergy.com.au...

It shows a map of the mines ( 4th image down)

I dont know if anything is happening there currently but is shows the extent of an underground complex and looking at it from google earth you would think anything was there at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nurrunga has been closed for years, even older news then Pine Gap.

As for blaming Woomera, while in the story it may sound ridiculous, it actually would be a valid reason to close an area to the public. Yes, even thousands of k's away. They test missiles and rockets...they launch them...they have to land somewhere...
I'm sure you've seen maps showing the size of the prohibited zone.
There's even a part on the WA coast up in the north west.

Public safety and security for what they are testing. Not saying that was the case for what is described in the story, but in general.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

As for blaming Woomera, while in the story it may sound ridiculous, it actually would be a valid reason to close an area to the public. Yes, even thousands of k's away. They test missiles and rockets...they launch them...they have to land somewhere...

Lol, Woomera?

Guess where I live, and guess where our met office is located,

Nothing out here, but maybe some of the UAV's hey often trial here have been mistaken for something out-worldly. Oh and there is an army base in NW Western Australia.....thats why its prohibited

[edit on 12/4/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I reckon your lying downunderET.
No offence, but if you worked there, you wouldn't be talking about it, for the very fact you stated...the secrecy act and your signature.

There is no airbase at pine gap. People really should just accept facts for what they are.

Hell, the Alice Springs airport is around 15km away from the Pine Gap base.

And as for Exmouth, it's a little over 2,200km west of Coober Pedy, on Australia's west coast.

I'm as interested in this secret and military stuff in this country as the next bloke, but really, no airbase, no B1's at Pine Gap.

And even if there were B1's stationed, here, they wouldn't need to hide them because there are many reasons why they would be here, legit PUBLIC reasons.

I never said there was an air base at PG ???

If you think I'm lying, well that's your opinion. I can talk about it, I just can't say what I did there.

There is a lot of BS thrown around about PG, don't believe the outrageous stuff, the locals like to make it out to be all sorts of things.

I'll tell you one thing, and not many people know about this one. In 1974/5 Alice Springs was deluged by rain. Pine Gap was cut off by road to Alice Springs because a bridge about half way between PG and Alice was flooded over.

Now, there was a massive amount of cars and tourist buses stranded on the southern side of this bridge. I lived on base and a decision was made to take food out to the people that were stranded, which we did. The road from PG to the bridge was ok.

A day later, AND GET THIS, another decision was made to fill one of the buses with "women and children" ONLY, and bring them onto the base for showers, THIS REALLY HAPPENED, I'm sure the people who did get to see the base, would remember it vividly.

This is RIDGE

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Lol, Woomera?

Guess where I live, and guess where our met office is located,

Nothing out here, but maybe some of the UAV's hey often trial here have been mistaken for something out-worldly. Oh and there is an army base in NW Western Australia.....thats why its prohibited

[edit on 12/4/2010 by OzWeatherman]

I was talking about this...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

, please just admit that some things happen right under your nose, example is when I bought up this thread again, I put a link up about a building in Perth, conspiracy sh^t aside, I have spoken too a fair few people ( 20+) that live in Perth and they never knew that this building has no windows, see link

www.cmseng.com.au... this building was built in 1978,

Its an exchange building. There are almost identical buildings in Adelaide and Melbourne. They are pretty secure buildings for a good reason. They are telephone and data exchanges, and there are serious privacy risks in not securing buildings of this sort. Thus no windows and good EM shielding by design.

Sometimes there is conspiracy, and sometimes theres just conjecture.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join