It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why homosexuality is not genetic

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Instead, perhaps it is a psychological reaction to experiences or a traumatic event.

totally agree. though, it might not even be from a specific event. it might just be that way. some inbalance of chemicals or something. nothing wrong with that of course. nobody is absolutely perfect.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by prototism]

[edit on 4-11-2006 by prototism]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i read the first page, and the second to last page, and although there might be some good info in this thread somewhere, it started and seems to be ending with stupid. this thread is probably filled with stupid. i figured if i skipped to the end, the conversation would have steered away from some of the replies on the first page, but it has not. what a waste.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

No offense but what was so productive about your post?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I tried it once, cried myself to sleep and keep scrubbing my body with steelwool eversince....

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by docklands

I think the subject is about consentual homosexual sex.. your description of it is consistant with that of a rape victim.
It's a shame you couldn't offer something productive to say instead of just making fun of gay people and rape survivers.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by riley]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The only thing that really matters is the truth, and our ability to deny ignorance. And the truth according to scientists is that the argument about us all being 'wired' to be gay, or rather bisexual, by nature is what's probably closest to the truth.

There is no right or wrong, there are no absolute truths in life, there are just opinions, and the quest for truth. Don't fool yourself by believing that anything related to homo/bi/transsexuality is negative in any way and make the world a better place by starting with yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeuathemovies
acutally they don't have the excat same genese just becuase they are twins.

Uh, not really,not at all. Identical twins have the exact same genes. Always. Think of them as clones. I'm married to an identical twin who is a biologist and he's the one that told me that.

To my knowledge, no one who really knows anything about science has ever claimed that it is genetic. There is no gay gene. However, there are many other factors involved. There is the way your brain is wired, for one, which doesn't have much to do with genetics, as far as sexual orientation.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Of course homosexuality is a "natural" course for humans. There's homosexuality all through out nature and even early human history. It's unfair for us to believe that because we're the most highly advanced species on planet earth that that natural variations in regards to sexual preference don't apply to us.

People don't "become" homosexual. People "are" homosexual. Just as I'm straight, I didn't "become" heterosexual, it's just the natural path in my life, in my genetics, and sexual preference.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i have brown eyes my sister has blue. both my parents have brown eyes what we are is inherited through genes that could be dormant or undormant in our parents and besides our minds are our own, whatever turns you on i suppose, I watched jerry springer once where a man married his horse i doubt his parents approved, i doubt the horse did

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Reading this thread and just ATS and other online blogs in general. I can now conclude that Liberals and homosexuals dominate the internet.
Just like how liberals dominate TV and newspaper, because they are the ones without "real" jobs.

Most conservatives and normal folks just work and go home to their family and responsibilties, they won't have time to yap yap about homosexuality.

And yes, pen!5 and pen!5 is abnormal, D'OH! Why won't people just see the simple truth.
Who cares if it's by choice or not, like an ABNORMALITY! Like a retarded man, its nothing to be celebrated about.

Funny how so many gays are butchering the eastern practices of Zen and Budhism.
Ying Yang? Hello????

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Let me add a questions to the homosexuals and the pro-homos supporters.

If all that's matter is consenting adults loving each other, and we should let them get married etc, what about INCEST?

What if brother and sister of adult age decided to get married?

Would that be okay with you?

How about an adult SON marrying his OWN FATHER? Let's say their love is like that of two lovers not parental. Answer that.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by docklands
Let me add a questions to the homosexuals and the pro-homos supporters.

If all that's matter is consenting adults loving each other, and we should let them get married etc, what about INCEST?

How about an adult SON marrying his OWN FATHER? Let's say their love is like that of two lovers not parental. Answer that.

I'll humor your trivial and crafty worded question.

Incest is also a part of nature. Even if we evolved from 2 people (one made of a rib) there would have to be some sort of incest for reproduction. Look at most animals in nature. I'll use lions for example because they're one of my favorites. Young males who are exiled by the dominant male when they come of age sometimes come back and take over the pride and sleep with some of his sisters to carry on his legacy.

It's not related to "retardation" either. It's more a "variation" than an abnormality.

Most "homos" aren't related to one another. They're totally different but even if they weren't, that kind of goes against what the religious seem immoral and what science says is "unhealthy." I couldn't see the harm in a son and father being "gay" with one another though. I could honestly care less other than it being slightly disturbing.

But in all actuality the question is irrelevant to the topic at hand and a poor attempt at further demonizing homosexuals.

Edit: My "N" key is stingy.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by docklands

I love this argument the bigots keep spouting... its about as tired as the 'adam and steve' argument... anyway, leave it to a bigot to bring something like marriage to incest and marrying family members... and they say we are sick?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Homosexuality is not genetic. How do you explain ex-gays who are now completely straight and some of whom are happily married?

Brainwashing?
Can you show any scientific studies that support your claim that it can be cured?

Originally posted by Amethyst
Go check out NARTH. They have some really good information out there.

No, they have a bunch of homophobic information that is not based on scientific studies.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
homosexuality is a MENTAL ILLNESS.

Can you please show evidence or proof of this?
Anything other than claims of brainwashed people that they are "cured" now?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amethyst

Sometimes I really wonder if those who claim to have "changed", have in fact really changed. Many who say they walked away from being gay, did so because of religious issues. You know, they got "saved" and wala, no more gay because in the Christian world, it is a sin.

Im curious how many gay men, have changed to be hetrosexual where God/religion is not involved at all. I would think very little.

Just my observation.

I really believe some are born gay, some choose to be gay and some are gay based on abuse early on. I dont think there is any 1 reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Honestly. If they are ADULTS and are BOTH CONSENTING....then I dont care what they do. I doesnt affect me what so ever.

Do I support/condone that? No. But THAT doesnt matter. CONSENTING ADULTS is all that matters.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've said it before and I've said it again...so what if it's a choice? I think gay PR is making a huge tactical error by pursuing the genetic angle full-tilt, I mean, if that's true, couldn't that lead to all kinds of perverse efforts to genetically modify the gay away, abort gay babies, etc, etc. ad nauseum?

Why not just treat homosexuality as a choice? Shouldn't it be a protected choice? Gays aren't hurting anybody, why should we give a damn whether they are gay or not?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Reading this thread and just ATS and other online blogs in general. I can now conclude that Liberals and homosexuals dominate the internet.
Just like how liberals dominate TV and newspaper, because they are the ones without "real" jobs.

Most conservatives and normal folks just work and go home to their family and responsibilties, they won't have time to yap yap about homosexuality.

Boy do some people have it all wrong....and clearly have no flippn idea what they are talking about.

I fit NONE of the descriptions above and have no problem with people being gay.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I strongly disagree with the non-choicers and "its pre-determined by genetics and nature".

Its a choice. The mind has the ability to find women attractive, men attractive, both men and women attractive. Attraction is purely psychological.

I think we all have the ability to be homo-, bi-, or heterosexual.

Please note that I am not taking a pro- or con stance here before you attack me for my post. Im fine with homosexuals and Im also fine with religious moralists. Instead I am emphasizing the minds ability to rev up desire or to deny any attraction.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join