It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why homosexuality is not genetic

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by slugger9787

homosexuality= your choice

Oh dear
You do not chose who you are attracted too, or who you love. But i guess you think that all gay people choose to be gay! sigh

really? because im pretty sure i choose who im attracted to. i feel bad for you if its not something you can control in your life.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

So you can remember making a conscious decision when you hit puberty that you would sleep with women and not men? I certainly don't remember making such a choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Originally posted by Ong Bak
im pretty sure homosexuals get upset when you say that thier disease is not genetic.,

Disease ! Really ?

How contagious is it ? Should I stay inside the house ? Can I get inoculated ?
Can I be immune for it. Should I call the hospital whenever I see a homosexual, so the can place them in quarantine. What are the chances for me getting ill or my children ?

Is it a virus or bacterial infection ?

(Intended use of Sarcasm )

A disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism. It is often construed to be a medical condition associated with specific symptoms and signs.[1][2][3] It may be caused by external factors, such as infectious disease, or it may be caused by internal disfunctions, such as autoimmune diseases. Ecologically, disease is defined as maladjustment of a body with environment.

In humans, "disease" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, and/or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person. In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections. Isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories. A diseased body is quite often not only because of some dysfunction of a particular organ but can also be because of a state of mind of the affected person who is not at ease with a particular state of its body.

How contagious is it ? not sure
Should I stay inside the house ? probably
Can I get inoculated ? not sure
Can I be immune for it. not sure what this means, not even sure if it is a question.
Should I call the hospital whenever I see a homosexual, so the can place them in quarantine. your call, not really my concenr
What are the chances for me getting ill or my children ? pretty good based on your apparent inability to see what the world around you is doing.

Is it a virus or bacterial infection ? not sure

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Ong Bak

So you can remember making a conscious decision when you hit puberty that you would sleep with women and not men? I certainly don't remember making such a choice.

of course, thats how i got my first girlfriend. i could have jsut as easily decided i wanted a boyfriend. but i weighed my options and chose the non homosexual path.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Holy crap!! I never knew I chose to get "excited" down there whenever I saw an attractive person.

Genetic or not. It's not a choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I worked with some identical gay twins.

Only thing is - one of them always identified as gay - - while the other identified as hetero.

It wasn't until his son was 16 - - that the second one was ready to identify as gay.

Remember - - gays have been living in the closet as heteros for a very long time. I think it is difficult to really know the answer to this.

If studies show 52% gay identical twins - - I would suspect it is much higher then that.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

If I follow this explanation then 99 % of the human race is sick.

Honey ! :
Yes dear :
Do you think I have a big butt ?:
Silence * Thinking about the best suitable answer * Takes to long tho...:

So I have a big butt ? This is gonna be a fun weekend

It's obvious the women is sick. and she effects her surroundings with it.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

Of course they do.

They do not want to admit or take responsibility for their actions and behavior.

They want to blame mommy for the actions.

Or like Flip Wilson the comic from the 1970 "The devil made me do it."

I am a homosexual male, I have always made love to women. Never a male. How do you explain this.

Why do you think all of the focus is on ED now days?

Because if you eliminate illegal drugs from the picture, ED is the major obstacle preventing one gay male from consummating the relationship with another. They have to take meds to get an erection, that is why.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You dont fall in love, it is called falling in lust, then the choice is made to love or just like.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Does that mean you can't be in love without lust ?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I said what I said.
Meant what I said.
Said what I meant.

When you look at someone the first desire, intuition, urge, craving, instinct is lust. No choice involved.

From there it progesses to love or like.
Choice involved here.

Learn to discern between the two.

Or always remain the "VICTIM" of genes, mom, DNA, society's morals,

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i agree very much with others who have stated that they believe we're all in possession of bisexual tendencies. i believe this whole heartedly. every person i've met who has managed to "unlearn" societal views and just be confident in who they are as a person, and what they know and feel as a human, agrees to this very same point. the ideas of sexuality and orientation are just society trying to tell you what to think and feel and who to think and feel it with. its absurd that society has conditioned us to be so closed and stubborn in our views. sex is natural, love is natural, regardless of the person you're experiencing it with. its all natural. men being with women, men being with men, women being with women...natural.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why can't homosexuality be both genetic and a choice?

Some people may have had a terrible upbringing and terrible relationships with the opposite sex and just decided to go the other way because they get turned on by sex either way.

Some people might have grown up perfectly normal with perfectly normal opposite sex relationships and were just born with genetic mutation which made them more interested in the same sex.

What about the people that say, "I'm not gay, but 20$ is 20$!" Is that person gay? Or, is that person making a choice to engage in homosexual activities without having a homosexual genetic mutation?

Was Michael Jackson born gay, or did his peculiar upbringing play a role in his sexual adventures? He wasn't really straight or gay. Was he just nonsexual? If you believe he was a child molester, is child molesting genetic too, or do the perverts make the choice to molest kids themselves?

Human beings have the intelligence, consciousness, and awareness to decide what they want to do and when they want to do it. Homosexuality is a choice for some and is genetic for others. The fact is everybody is different and everybody has different fetishes. People choose what they like based on their genetics and life experiences.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The natural plumbing that a male is born with is complimentary to the natural plumbing that a female is born with.

And dont try to bring up "homosexuality" in the animal kingdom.

But you see you were born with the capacity to learn proper morals.

And you are correct in saying that if you make yourself unlearn the proper morals then abnormal beavior can be normalized.

Once the primary goal of intercourse becomes pleasure, then lust will feed the body and mind what it wants.

Why is prostitution, drug use and gambling called "VICE CRIMES"
because the basis for these crimes is living out your vice, instead of virtues.

And if you want to unlearn your morals, then what is wrong with sodomizing a two year old, because your paradigm does eventually allow that.

But we are talking about consenting adults, you will reply.
That means then that you still have a moral that society taught you.
Why is the moral that you learned about consenting adults, so dear and precious to you?

Because you only get rid of the pesky morals that get in your way of having pleasure.

Not everybody will stop at the place you did, they will, and are planning to eliminate the consent/adult law.

cause in their mind it is just a pesky, learned moral. With negative consequences. Which consequences are not pleasurable or fun. Thn what you gonna do when you get married and have a couple of daughters?

Incest is just another pesky moral to many people.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Then I suggest to speak for yourself. emotions and feelings are out of anyones control. The way you act to them, that is a choice. 2 different things all together.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ok, so you said you're a homosexual male. Yet you still have sex with women. I see, I guess social expectations are more important than being your true self? Ok let me ask. Did you choose to be homosexual? Or maybe you're Bisexual? Sorry for the personal questions. Not trying to be rude.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I just would like to say that pretty much all males on my mother's side are all homosexual in some way. So just one instance of twins being seperate as such doesn't give much credance as many generations!

(I have two brothers, my mom has a brother, and her uncle and it goes on up!)

EDIT: I did not choose to be homosexual at all. I would love to have a biological family without adoption or artificial insemination so I think I wouldn't mind having sex with a woman I really enjoyed to have a child. (and of course we would raise the child(ren) together. Then again, I am definitely NOT one of those silly gay guys who goes "eww" when talking or thinking about woman parts. Nothing wrong with natural things like that IMO.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amethyst

Haha, your post reminded me of a show I used to watch!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Torgo]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Then I suggest to speak for yourself. emotions and feelings are out of anyones control. The way you act to them, that is a choice. 2 different things all together.

I disagree, both emotion and feeling are within ones grasp. The mind is a powerful thing.

Mind>Matter

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

I do think you can learn to influence your emotions. But you can stop them from happening. You can only learn to make them effect you less or more. Yet that is only possible to do when the already formed.

Emotion = uncontrollable
Emotional response can be controlled

Please, do share why you disagree ?.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join