It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why homosexuality is not genetic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain

No way your referring to the Gay Parade in Hillcrest San Diego every year that has naked gay men walking down the street with their willies swinging in the wind, or the totally lewd shirts the gays wear on everyday occasions with the words, I Sucked a D*** last night. Ya, you guys dont flaunt anything. I see it everyday dude and you know its true. The rainbows, the stickers on your cars telling everyone your oreintation, WE DONT CARE!

Train

I actually agree with you on this. I in no way flaunt my sexuallity....only in the confines of my neighborhood (predominantly gay) do I even hold my boyfriends hand. I also get sick of people who have to "flaunt and taunt" (which is what I call it). I was sick to my stomach the day that they showed people in San Fran in line to get married....some in just leather jock straps. I thought to myself "this is how you are protraying "us" to the rest of the country.....dress up and act like civilized humans and people will be more accepting"....jeez these people really do bug me.

edit: By the way....you have to remember that the squeeky wheel gets the attention.....which is why you don't see us regular gay people but only see the ones that do these sorts of things. Remember...I don't flaunt but will tell you the truth if asked. I think I own one rainbow shirt and all it says is Rohoboth Beach....nothing like what you described.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
...I was sick to my stomach the day that they showed people in San Fran in line to get married....some in just leather jock straps.

Oh man...........that is epic!!!!

It makes you wonder why the media would even show that dude. There's a reason for everything the media does. There's probably a minute amount of gay men that actually wear stuff like that in public, but that one dude brought down the whole gay population.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would say the reason the media showed him was to make our fight for marriage jump back about 1500 years. It worked, judging by some of the comments made here and elswhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would be willing to make a deal.

Okay let's pretend for a minute that the really horrible argument here that Gay is a choice is actually right. Well we know that being Christian is a choice as well.

So here is the deal. We won't flaunt or publicly show our gayness if you keep your Christianity in the closet as well.

You may be offended by two men holding hands but you can't be anymore offended then I am every time some Christian church is out pan handling for money by promising to save a soul. Seriously it creeps me out. I mean why do they get to know about my soul? There is no doubt that your decision to be Christian is a choice. No genetics there, you chose it. So slam that closet door shut and keep it to yourself.

Until you prove God exist without a doubt (I mean some real physical proof) how can you say that homosexuality does not naturally exist? I realize you have the Bible on your side and if that is it why did God stop talking to you all? I mean nothing in 2000 years? No big miracles, no new chapters. Have you been forsaken?

Sounds almost as crazy as you trying to say someone being gay is wrong.

Oh and one last thing. Those numbers posted earlier, 1% or 10% or some crap like that. Considering the huge number of married christian family men that constantly hit on gay men, your numbers are way low in regards to the percentage of men that like the homo sex. WAY LOW! Some of us just choose to not lie about it or cover it up with wives and kids. Yet you feel we are the perverts?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

Oh and one last thing. Those numbers posted earlier, 1% or 10% or some crap like that. Considering the huge number of married christian family men that constantly hit on gay men, your numbers are way low in regards to the percentage of men that like the homo sex. WAY LOW! Some of us just choose to not lie about it or cover it up with wives and kids. Yet you feel we are the perverts?

I've been around, though I won't admit to being a slut.
But the truth has been spoken.......

I've had more married men try to get into my pants than I've had gay guys try to cop a feel.
What's the deal.......

Why do men feel the need to hide behind the mask of a wife and family, only to go out and sleep with men??? Fear????
Fear of being shunned by the greater community, fear of being shunned by their family, fear of being shunned by friends. But even through the fear, the drive to have sex with men persists. Even through the vitriolic abuse that most homosexual boys go through in school, you think it's still a choice???

I had no choice, it's the way I am.
And after all these years, I'm happy...

EDIT: Question??? Should I be denied my happiness, and falsely proclaim my heterosexual interest in women only to appease the irrational views of my pears???
I Think Not. It's my life, and I'll live it in a way that pleases me.....

Feel free to disagree.........

[edit on 12/12/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To the gay people who have responded. Do or have you ever felt the need to reproduce sexually? In other words, are your sexual preferences based on what your pleasures prefer?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

Exactly....Do you straight guys even realize how many of "you" frequent our bars? Obviously not........you'd be too scared. Enough said. And...they think that that it is not genetc... "we" as gay men think that having sex with a woman is just as discussting as you straight people would think about us. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

[removed offensive comments]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
To the gay people who have responded. Do or have you ever felt the need to reproduce sexually? In other words, are your sexual preferences based on what your pleasures prefer?

Actually....yes...I would love to bring a child into a world that doesn't discriminate them because their Father is gay...but sadly....I would not want to grow up that way...in this society....would you?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
BTW...it's not about "pleasures"...it's about knowing who and what you are. Do your "pleasures" make you want to have children or is it just a side effect? Which is actually THE biggest choice...if it's not an accident. Don't condemn me because YOU CHOSE to have a baby and have to pay for it. You know...I'm sick of you straights saying that we have a choice....you are the one's who have the ulimate choice in it...have a baby or not? And then you condemn us for being male......jeez...wonder why?....you would love to have the sexual freedom but can't. You straight males are limited to the female (if she agrees or not) if you have sex or not.........think about why you hate us........we are both male.......who instinctively (natural) are permiscuous.....but you straight men are hen pecked into the monotomous daily life......how freekin boring......

edit: I am not a slut.....just showing you straight males why you hate us....because you think we have sex ALL THE TIME....which we don't

[edit on 12-12-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
[removed unnecessary discussion of member's television viewing habits.]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
MacMerdin

Dude, what's with the meltdown?

I think the "axe wound" comment was unnecessary. From a straight man's point of view I don't find nearly the contempt for the orifice you prefer as you find for the orifice I prefer. Why is that?

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
To all that I offended.....I am sorry for the insulting comments. I am going to try and stay away fromn this thread from now on. I think I'm taking things a little too personal and I need to back off. Again...I apologize to anyone I have offended......

BTW.....some of my most dear friends are women and I'm sorry to them also for my offensive behavior.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thats the thing. Of all the wonderous qualities and traits we have to choose from, of all the miraculous things of which we are capable, of all the progress we have made over so much hardship..... of all the undiscovered knowledge our minds hold and the unfathomable potential we have waiting to be unlocked...thats the thing we're going to choose.

We're going to make our primary identity hinge on whether or not we like anal sex?

Well, I am sorry people but my sexual orientation just cannot be the defining issue of my entire existence. How long before all the willy wagers refered to in previous posts lay on their deathbed and realize just how much life went by while they were so concerned with a carnal act. How many have ceased being individual and now fall into the collective cause as it were? How many have any identity left that doesn't hinge on your crotch or a political movement? How many have any independant thought that isn't subject to running it by your support group?

Its a sad state of affairs when the top news storys of our day deals mainly with anal sex...the act of anal sex. Thats whats its all about. Oh, you all can sugarcoat it with talk of the "lifestyle" and spin it with all the gay media you want but what it all boils down to is penetrating an orifice that has its own dedicated function to the human body.

Thats the bottom line and that will always be the bottom line. And everytime you think you have it explained away, there will always be someone who is a realist and refuses to be bound by the politically correct who will remind everyone.

Of all the accomplishments of my life, I'd hate to think my defining moment was that act and I so pity those who do. That must be a truly sad existence.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeuathemovies
acutally they don't have the excat same genese just becuase they are twins.

Huh? You need to read up on the topic, you are dead wrong. My husband is an identical twin AND a biologist. He can tell you WITH AUTHORITY that twins are even closer genetically than when you clone a sheep for instance.

Twins share 100% same genes, period. You will find anyone in the scientific field agreeing.

One other point is that there is really no one out there in any sizeable group who believes being gay is genetic. THat would make it something that you inherit, which means there would be hardly any gays around instead of 10% of the population. The argument that gay advocacy groups use is that they were born that way. I agree with this, after being a therapist for 15 years I heard way too many lpeople tell me that they had always had fetishes about cross-dressing, etc. Several years ago, it was in the newspaper that scientists had discovered that gays/lesbians, etc. had differences in their brain, different from heteros.

- Forestlady

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I believe Gemwolf touched on this earlier. There is a difference between having sex and who you are attracted to. Being gay simply means that you are attracted to the same sex, it doesn't rely on whether you actually have sex with the same sex. If it were a choice why would anyone choose to be gay, with so much persecution waiting for them out there? It is an in built preference that you are born with just like your favourite colour, your favourite number, the desire to do good or evil acts, the love of the outdoors or attraction to animals. All of these preferences are in built from birth, however they can be influenced to a degree by society and experience. The fact that people act on these preferences is a different matter. This is where choice comes into it and this is why criminals can't fall back on the argument of being "born that way". Although they have been born with an inherent preference to commit crimes, they are in control of choosing whether or not they act on those desires.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm gay.

If it is by the way we are raised, then why isn't my sister a lesbian?

It may be genetic. My mom's sister is a lesbian. Cousins of my mom are gay.

It isn't a choice. If someone held a gun to my head said be straight or die. I would tell the person to shoot me. None of you choose to be straight or gay. Why would someone choose to be gay with the hatered and anti-gay laws?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i agree with you jumpingjack, i am personally a bisexual, but not a single family member is gay/lesbian/bi.
I had no choice growing up, other guys would talk only about girls, but i liked guys too and tried to pretend it out of my life for a while, but i understood after the confusion that is what i have to be and no one could possibly change from being one or the other, you are one of them and that is that no matter what your herritage says.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingjack
I'm gay.

If it is by the way we are raised, then why isn't my sister a lesbian?

It may be genetic. My mom's sister is a lesbian. Cousins of my mom are gay.

It isn't a choice. If someone held a gun to my head said be straight or die. I would tell the person to shoot me. None of you choose to be straight or gay. Why would someone choose to be gay with the hatered and anti-gay laws?

Homosexuality is not genetic. It does not lie into the DNA. But homosexuality is biological, that's why you can not manage it. Of course there are various degrees of homosexuality, and some people are able to control it, even change it.

Basically homosexuality is a state of the brain. You, as a homosexual, have the female model of sexuality in your brain, because deep down you are a man. But, due to some factor regarding biological and psychological complications, you are unable to project that female model of sexuality to women, so you project it to yourself.

To put it in other words, you seek the female in you, instead of real women, due to 'psychological' and biological complications in your brain.

Of course, above the complication layer, there is a whole pile of social concepts you have built for yourself and your situation, throwning yourself in a loop.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

masterp: Of course there are various degrees of homosexuality, and some people are able to control it, even change it.

I was reading about this subject a few days ago on the internet, and this statement is true, but the percentage of people who do change their sexual orientation from same-sex to opposite-sex is very low, and most of those who made the change and stuck to it were bisexual and became heterosexual, rather than being homosexual at first.

forestlady: Twins share 100% same genes, period. You will find anyone in the scientific field agreeing.

This is correct for identical twins. For fraternal twins, this is not true; fraternal twins share DNA, but no more or less than any other pair of non-twin siblings.

I suspect that homosexuality is both a combination of biology and environmental factors, i.e. how you were raised. That's only my opinion, though, and may not be correct; as far as I am aware, science has not yet determined the cause of homosexuality.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

he wouldnt have had the female if he wanted male on male. simply put. i dont know if you guys mentioned corinthians but that book of the bible states just, that homosexuals arent allowed into heaven.

Could you please post the exact passage in the bible for us... that "homosexuals aren't allowed into heaven"? I don't know which passage that is and I'd like to read it. Thanks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join