It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist - Who Can Prove He Really Exists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Personally, I like the way the US still uses the notion

' It wasnt just US.. There was a LARGE number of Foreign Governments and citizens who believed the same horse manure we did '

Well.. yeah that does seem logical.. If I put something on the TV, 24-7, across 99% of the WORLDS news networks, chanting to high heaven I had undeniable proof, explaining my case against someone, im sure i could convince a hell of a lot of people too...

And your exactly on the mark SS..

Why is it plausable for the United States Government to use Internet postings, video footage of MASKED men as proof of there cause that one man is running this insurgency?

unless of course this is the only proof they can CREATE.. without letting the cat out of the bag?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dronetec: as a rebutal to you saying there isn't anything that can convince any of us that al-Zarqawi is who he is made to be by goverments and media worldwide.

Is there really anything that can bring you to believe that this is all bullocks?

Its incredible how in everything, concrete proof has to be brought forward to prove things exist or happend. Yet over the last few years, there is so many things that have been said by goverments and media, with flimsy and rediculous proofs and evidence, yet everyone is supposed to believe it.

I'm wondering if the push in the US and some other country's to have blind faith in religion instead of science (ID vs Evolution for example) instead of provable facts and evidence is part of the mechanisme used in things like the al-Zarqawi phenomenon.

[edit on 14/11/05 by thematrix]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

But who among us can prove that Abu Musab al Zarqawi, Islamic Super-Being, really exists...?

His brother and other family members in Jordan? His neighbhors and the other people in his neighbhorhood that he grew up in???

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
nygden, AGAIN all that proves is he EXISTED..

E - X - I - S - T - E - D

Unless they physically saw him two weeks ago when he popped in for a snagger and a beer doesnt mean diddly squat..

As said before i could put 3 white romans on the TV make them say they are ceasers relatives but that doesnt mean ceaser is still walking the streets of rome.

No one can prove he exists becuase there is no PROOF he currently exists..
And if in your ideas the internet positings, and masked men beheading people is PROOF, then perhaps you shouldnt be using this website, but instead going back to school....

that in itself is more proof that he DOESNT exist.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
nygden, AGAIN all that proves is he EXISTED..

E - X - I - S - T - E - D

Unless they physically saw him two weeks ago when he popped in for a snagger and a beer doesnt mean diddly squat..

As said before i could put 3 white romans on the TV make them say they are ceasers relatives but that doesnt mean ceaser is still walking the streets of rome.

No one can prove he exists becuase there is no PROOF he currently exists..
And if in your ideas the internet positings, and masked men beheading people is PROOF, then perhaps you shouldnt be using this website, but instead going back to school....

that in itself is more proof that he DOESNT exist.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Agit8dChop]

Then your agreeing that internet reported news has to be taken with a pinch of salt...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Dronetec: as a rebutal to you saying there isn't anything that can convince any of us that al-Zarqawi is who he is made to be by goverments and media worldwide.

Is there really anything that can bring you to believe that this is all bullocks?

Its incredible how in everything, concrete proof has to be brought forward to prove things exist or happend. Yet over the last few years, there is so many things that have been said by goverments and media, with flimsy and rediculous proofs and evidence, yet everyone is supposed to believe it.

I'm wondering if the push in the US and some other country's to have blind faith in religion instead of science (ID vs Evolution for example) instead of provable facts and evidence is part of the mechanisme used in things like the al-Zarqawi phenomenon.

[edit on 14/11/05 by thematrix]

Because if there is one thing you guys are good at, its presenting verifiable facts.............................

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Last year or something, I posted the link on this site, if you do a boolean search i'm sure you'll find it nbc said they said he was killed in the tora bora mountains...

i guess they need his name arounds still to carry out their war propaganda tactics... seriously, i dont know whats real anymore...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Last year or something, I posted the link on this site, if you do a boolean search i'm sure you'll find it nbc said they said he was killed in the tora bora mountains...

i guess they need his name arounds still to carry out their war propaganda tactics... seriously, i dont know whats real anymore...

Who HASNT been reported dead over the years? Osama, Zarwarhiri, Zaeqawi, Saddam, all reported dead at one time or another.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Notice how every example has appeared ON VIDEO with nothing covering there face?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Notice how every example has appeared ON VIDEO with nothing covering there face?

whos face? Osama? Zawahiri? Zarqawi? Osama and Zawahiri dont need to hide their face wen they know dat we know wat they look like. Zarqawi hasnt been seen since he left Afghanistan. and now we manage to get some of his old photos as well as taken his labtop he left in the car before he flee. its suppose to be personal pictures where people see u dat u trust, not meant for the public to see u where they want to kill or capture u.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have just Stumbled upon a Very Interesitng Article.

SpaceWar

U.S. Created al-Zarqawi Myth

The United States created the myth around Iraq insurgency leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and reality followed, terrorism expert Loretta Napoleoni said.

Al-Zarqawi was born Ahmad Fadil al-Khalayleh in October 1966 in the crime and poverty-ridden Jordanian city of Zarqa. But his myth was born Feb. 5, 2003, when then-Secretary of State Colin Powell presented to the United Nations the case for war with Iraq.

Napoleoni, the author of "Insurgent Iraq," told reporters last week that Powell's argument falsely exploited Zarqawi to prove a link between then-Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida. She said that through fabrications of Zarqawi's status, influence and connections "the myth became the reality" -- a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"He became what we wanted him to be. We put him there, not the jihadists," Napoleoni said. Iraq's most notorious insurgent, Napoleoni argues, accomplished what bin Laden could not: "spread the message of jihad into Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If spacewar.com says it, it must be true!

Seriously, WTF is spacewar.com?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
If spacewar.com says it, it must be true!

Seriously, WTF is spacewar.com?

By Jennifer Schultz
Washington (UPI) Nov 10, 2005

It is an Aricle from UPI - United Press International

Since 1907, United Press International (UPI) has been a leading provider of critical information to media outlets, businesses, governments and researchers worldwide. UPI is a global operation headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Beirut, Hong Kong, London, Santiago, Seoul and Tokyo.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just out of interest, has the IRAQI military of the IRAQI government ITSELF ever committed to the Al Zarqawi mystery?

Have they ever publically stated that they believe he was behind this that or the other?
Have they ever stated they had proof of his existence?

Im not saying that HAVE.. im actually asking if they have

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dont think its a matter really of "if or does he exist"..... im surprised no one has mentioned Zorro.... come on.. has anyone not heard the true story of Zorro and not thought it to be the same as this situation?

Ok.. look at it this way... Zarqawi... whos to say he is ONE man???

Think about it.

Derek

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I have just Stumbled upon a Very Interesitng Article.

SpaceWar

U.S. Created al-Zarqawi Myth

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

just what i was thinking...

~~~~~~

al-Zarqawai is a real force or factor,....just witness that the US and coalition nations are fashioning their National & Diplomatic policy around the events that this al-Zarqawai is creating,
and that our military forces are either reacting to circumstances al Zarqawai has organized or is involved in...and are revising & adopting new strategies to thwart this al-Zarqawai.
so, there are real world effects, as the world around us is in change & turmoil because of the involvement of this al-Zarqawai

It really matters little, in the prosecution of the operation/war aka "Iraqi-Freedom" if al-Zarqawai is a living breathing human being, or...
who has since been killed and now is alive as a resurrected 'collective-ideology' or inspiration
..or only code for the across the board, middle-eastern, militant Islam, and the larger anti-western/anti-zionist mobilization

There seems a difference;

Zarqawai=as the effort to repel infidel Forces out of the Arabian Peninsula
OBL=as the resistance to the western militaristic & economic empire, more in line with the Mahdi & Caliphate memes

when the need arises a 3rd & 4th personna could emerge, from either N Korea or Iran...(as these are the components of the Axis of Evil trinity)
along with Iraq.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Didn't read all 5 pages, but to answer the question. I can say that yes there is proof that a man named Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi lived and was a terrorist/extremist type individual. He exists as long as there is someone to use his name. It's my opinion that the real Al-Zarqawi died a few years ago however his identity continues to live as long as there is a need for an Al-Zarqawi. I also believe that there is a difference in the images of the man supposed to be Zarqawi from the past and the chubby man now portrayed as Al-Zarqawi.

I believe many of the actions credited to Al-Zarqawi were not mastermind or executed by a sole individual, but by various individuals and it found to be in the best interest of someone to place all the blame on one sole mythical figure who seems to have special powers in his prosthetic leg which enables his sneaky and dastardly getaways.

Abu Mussab Al-Zarqawi: Al-Qaeda Connection in Iraq?

The Legend of Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi (Scott Ritter)

whether Al-Zarqawi is real or not does not matter anymore. There is too much fodder for both sides of this issue to come to a clear conclusion without first hand information. Each person can formulate their own ideas of who or what happened to Al-Zarqawi, but none of us will ever know more than what they want us to know or not know.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wonder what will come of todays reports of him dying (yeah, again ...)

If they "verify" he died for real this time, I'd be sooner to think they finaly killed him of because threads like this one exists all over the net, everyone is wondering wth is going on and in alot of cases utterly rediculing the persona called al-Zarqawi then there actualy being a guy in Iraq by that name having been killed.

If he is verified dead this time, I wonder who the new badguy will be in the next episode of America's Funnyest War video's (broadcasted on all networks under the guise of "news").

"al-Minime" or "Lexahmed al-Lutherawi".

[edit on 20/11/05 by thematrix]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No, Ahmed Fadheel Nazzal al-Khalayleh, aka: Al-Zarqawi does not exist.
Of course, if such was true and this fictional character certainly did not exist, why would his family disown/renounce him?
Family publicly severs ties with al-Qaeda leader in Iraq

Another chapter to the fictional story book of "Does Al-Zarqawi Really Exist."

seekerof

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Again, Seekerof, noone said he never existed.
Whats being said is that the boogey man they make him out to be now (ya know, that dude with more lives then your average cat, near magical limb regrowing powers and who recieves loveletters from Osama and al-Zawahiri) is a piece of fiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join