It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist - Who Can Prove He Really Exists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.worldhistory.com...

Abu Musab Zarqawi has been named as the link between Iraq and al Qaeda. He has been involved with terrorist activites for many years and is thought to be one of Osama bin Laden's chief supporters.

1966 Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was born as a Palestinian-Jordanian.

1990 Zarqawi went to Afghanistan

1991 Zarqawi helped fight against Russia in Khosht

1999 Zarqawi planned a terrorist attack for the millennial celebration Jordan. The Radison SAS hotel in Aman an other American, Israeli, and Christian sites were targeted. The plot was discovered before it was carried out. Zarqawi escaped before he could be indicted.

2000 Zarqawi went to Afghanistan, where he oversaw a terrorist training camp. He also specialized in chemical and biological weapons.

2001 Zarqauwi was sentenced to 15 years for his terrorist plots in Jordan. However, since he escaped, before he was arrested, he has not served any of his term.

October 2001 After the Taliban lost control in Afghanistan Zarqawi fled to Iran with a wounded leg. While he was there Zarqawi dispatched two Palestinians and a Jordanian who entered Turkey and then they were supposed to go to Israel to conduct bombing attacks.

15 February 2002 The three terrorists who were sent by Zarqawi were caught in Turkey.

May 2002 Zarqawi traveled to Iraq. He had his leg amputated and had a prosthetic limb to replace it.

May-July 2002 Zarqawi spent time recovering in Baghdad. At the same time several extremists also came to Baghdad and established a base of operations.

Late Summer 2002 Zarqawi traveled to Lebanon to meet with leaders from Hezbollah, another terrorist group.

October 2002 Lawrence Foley, an United States official with the Agency for International Development, was assassinated. After some arrests were made of the actual shooters in December 2002, and Zarqwai was linked to the plot by providing the murder weapons.

Early 2003 Zarqawi returned to the Ansar al-Islam camp in northern Iraq. Other terrorist who have trained at this particular camp have plotted chemical attacks with various toxins in Britain, France, Georgia, and Chechnya.

January 2003 Several terrorists were arrested in Britain for planning to put the toxin ricin in the military food supply. These terrorist were linked to Zarqawi.

5 February 2003 United States Secretary of State Collin Powell spoke to the United Nations Security Council and provided information the Zarqawi ties the terrorist group al-Qaeda to Iraq.

For more information on this person who isnt real:
www.emergency.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I have laughed before at the thought of limping around on one leg like a villain in a James Bond movie. I don't know if he's to blame, but there is definitely a well-funded organization behind these attacks. I think their intelligence and finger-pointing goes back to failed operations where they have questioned individuals they apprehended. You just have to piece things together as best you can. Al-Zarqawi could just be another name-brand for a chain of terrorist.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Why isn't Al-Zarqawi on the FBI's 10 most wanted list?

Maybe because his killings didn't take place on US soil and the FBI is a domestic agency? I know they do operate outside of the US frequently but perhaps there is some legal technicality. That or they don't think he exists.

As for this.....

Hey hotshot, can you prove that Zarqawi, the Superterrorist does not exist?

You have the nerve to say this and accuse him of semantics?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Why isn't Al-Zarqawi on the FBI's 10 most wanted list?

Why isn't Al-Zarqawi on there?

Just off the top of my head, my best guess would possibly be because Zarqawi has not yet been officially indicted in a US Court. Neither is Abd Rahim al-Nashiri listed, probably for the same reasoning.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies
As for this.....

Hey hotshot, can you prove that Zarqawi, the Superterrorist does not exist?

wecomeinpeace and I have a somewhat long history of enjoyable banter, Ray Davies.

seekerof

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Seekerof wrote:
Highly unlikely, ImJaded, but if Zarqawi is a ghost from make-believe then why would ordinary Arab Muslims being chanting or citing his name?

People shouting doesn't constitute evidence, or even proof of existence. They will shout whatever the government and media tells them.

Someone above mentioned the British ricin threat. I'm pretty sure the ricin terrorist threat was thrown out of court. And Colin Powell's speech to the UN? Is that the same speech with all those Iraqi WMDs, doom and death? Even Powell himself admits that was a farce. But oh, Zarqawi was "linked" to all these things...

So where's the evidence? Plenty of pics. Maybe it was the Zarqawi super-being in Zarqawizilla form which destroyed the WTC towers.

See? Fire can destroy steel buildings, it just has to be of the supernatural nuclear mutant lizard terrorist variety.

[edit on 2005-11-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies

Yeah, it's cool dude. Seeker and I are old sparring buddies.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

as posted by wecomeinpeace
...it was the Zarqawi super-being in Zarqawizilla form...

That was a nice comeback there, wecomeinpeace, but it in no way, shape, or form explains why ordinary Arab Muslims, or Arab Muslim governments, would bother with vengefully citing the man's name and what they would do if they got their hands on him, for nothing or if he was as you portray Zarqawi to be: a fictitious CIA non-existent ghost.

I just find that rather odd.
Hmmm.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

1966 Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was born as a Palestinian-Jordanian.
1990 Zarqawi went to Afghanistan

Wow that is quite the gap. Surely there must be something out there telling about al-Zarqawi in those missing 24 years.

How about this...
He used to exist?

www.msnbc.msn.com

Iraq militants claim al-Zarqawi is dead
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of northern Iraq “during the American bombing there,” according to a statement circulated in Fallujah this week and signed by the “Leadership of the Allahu Akbar Mujahedeen.
It said al-Zarqawi was unable to escape the bombing because of his artificial leg.

According to the wikipedia link that I followed on Dronetek's post, there is mention that no sightings of al-Zarqawi have been confirmed since 2001. extra DIV

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
How about this...
He used to exist?

www.msnbc.msn.com

Iraq militants claim al-Zarqawi is dead
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of northern Iraq “during the American bombing there,” according to a statement circulated in Fallujah this week and signed by the “Leadership of the Allahu Akbar Mujahedeen.
It said al-Zarqawi was unable to escape the bombing because of his artificial leg.

According to the wikipedia link that I followed on Dronetek's post, there is mention that no sightings of al-Zarqawi have been confirmed since 2001.

That is an interesting aspect there, Umbrax, but bear in mind, the same has been said a number of recorded/documented times for OBL:
Another 'Osama Bin Laden is Dead and Buried.'

seekerof extra DIV

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That was a nice comeback there, wecomeinpeace, but it in no way, shape, or form explains why ordinary Arab Muslims, or Arab Muslim governments, would bother with vengefully citing the man's name and what they would do if they got their hands on him, for nothing or if he was as you portray Zarqawi to be: a fictitious CIA non-existent ghost.

Of course it explains it. As I described above, his name is splashed all over the media immediately any terrorist event happens, big or small. And many of these countries get fed intel from Western govts, which also simultaneously put pressure on them to help in the fight against terror and to root out the terrorists. Jordan is also "a key US ally in the war on terror". There intel comes from the US, Britain, and possibly from Israel.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That is an interesting aspect there, Umbrax, but bear in mind, the same has been said a number of recorded/documented times for OBL:
Another 'Osama Bin Laden is Dead and Buried.'

Let's try to keep the discussion to one phantom at a time, but while we're on the OBL subject, he hasn't been caught either! Washington's not even concerned about him. In fact, the last I "saw" him was in a really badly done movie with some fat dude that looked nothing like him laughing and claiming responsibility for 9-11.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Of course it explains it. As I described above, his name is splashed all over the media immediately any terrorist event happens, big or small. And many of these countries get fed intel from Western govts, which also simultaneously put pressure on them to help in the fight against terror and to root out the terrorists. Jordan is also "a key US ally in the war on terror". There intel comes from the US, Britain, and possibly from Israel.

Perhaps, but not entirely, wecomeinpeace.
To simply believe that these Arab Muslim countries have no intel or intel assests of their own is foolish. As such, they are not spoon-feed or have massive reliance on US or Western intel reports. Those recent terrorist acts that took place in Amman, Jordan pissed off a significant number of people who would have otherwise continued to play semantics with the West. Furthermore, the existing Jordanian anti-US and anti-Western sentiments/movement, that have now been turned against Zarqawi and Al-Qaeda, would contradict your theory or hypothesis that they read and believe everything that comes out of the US or the West's mouth, despite them being "a key US ally in the war on terror". Saudi Arabia is "a key US ally in the war on terror," and yet, Saudi Arabia has a high anti-US and anti-West sentiments/movement and is doing nothing but semantics.

Is Iran "a key US ally in the war on terror"?
Seems to me that they factually imply and cite Zarqawi.
Is Egypt?
or Syria?
Lebanon?
The same holds true for them as it does with Iran.
If the man is a ghost who does not actually exist, why do the people and governments of these nations continue to play along by portraying Zarqawi as alive and factual? Surely Iran, Syria, etc. do not fall under the theory or hypothesis you have given for Jordan, being they are not "key US ally's in the war on terror"....

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Zarqawi:

The most active one legged dead man in the history of the world.

If you believe he does all the things attributed to him you must also believe the Muslim God is all powerful because a one legged dead man could not do all that he does without divine intervention.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I came across some interesting evidence that he was very real to the people in Jordan. Seeing that they had him imprisoned for several years

But after the defeat of the Soviets in Afghanistan, Zarqawi went back to Jordan with a radical Islamist agenda.

He spent seven years in prison there, accused of conspiring to overthrow the monarchy and establish an Islamic caliphate

To think he is fake is kind of silly IMO That would suggest some massive global conspiracy covering many different goverments. For what to make up one man LOL there is enough crazy sick people in this world you dont need to make up one. You have more then enough real ones to pick from.

Do I think he does all the things attributed to him? Probably not people love to exaggerate the exploits of their heros people have been doing that for most of history with figures like Zorro and Robin hood. People like Zarqawi are indeed heros to alot of people.

link

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Can a man have his leg amputated and them miraculously grow it back?

Can he be resurrected from the grave a hundred times,

Can he be in two cities at the same time, and invisible to all the people occupying that city?

Can he be both an dumb high school drop out, AND A "chemical and biological weapons expert who is heading a huge organisation".

If the answer to any of these is no, then you don't belive Zarqawi exists

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

If the answer to any of these is no, then you don't belive Zarqawi exists

Or option B he exist but people exaggerate the exploits

Or option C more then one person is going around as Zarqawi

The man we know as Zorro Joaquin Murrieta was infact multiple people and he was indeed in two places at once since there was more then one person using his name. People also loved to exaggerate his deeds.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i myself could post an image of someone saying he did this and he did that.
could you?
duh.
as a matter of fact, i could even go as far as to post an image of me and say "he killed my family."

i could start a legitimate looking fugitive killer website and accept donation that go towards finding fugitive killers.
but the picture was me?
wouldnt u feel dumb.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Or option B he exist but people exaggerate the exploits

Indeed, but which people, and to what ends

Saint nicholous was a real man, but his storyy has been exagerated so much that it is ridiculous. Infact many will say "Santa does not exist", especially not in the way they talk about him.

In the same way Zarqawi doesn't exists. infact many reports that he died land his family had a funeral for him. But there has been alot of reports that he is dead.

One thing is for fact, there has not been one single positive identification of Zarqawi for the past two years, not one. As Santa, no one seems to be able to see him.

So who is making such exagerations, to what end.

It seems he's in every city that the US has been intending to attack , and which they have been bombings previously for months.

It seems he became such a "super terrorist" right after the "we are looking for the WMD's" excuse didn't wash with the public anymore.

To tell you the truth, I have laughed before at the thought of limping around on one leg like a villain in a James Bond movie.

I know it still cracks me up.

but there is definitely a well-funded organization behind these attacks.

Indeed, It's called the CIA.

For what to make up one man LOL there is enough crazy sick people in this world you dont need to make up one. You have more then enough real ones to pick from.

I tell you why a fake one is more useful.

A) it is easier to controll, it can be "say" whatever you make it say and admit whatever you want it to admit.

B) it can be where ever you want it to be, in any city that you like, you can broadcast it in the media that it is in that city, and the it won't come out and publicly say you are a liar, since it doesn't exist.

C) Since it doesn't exists, it doesn't die untill you admit that it's dead, and hence can go on existing so long as you need it.

Sure the man existed once, but many reports are saying he is long been dead.

At first the CIA was critised for not actually providing any evidence that the man had any links to al qaeda. A month later, they made OBL say on camera that zarqawi is his "prince" , ( which is a lame and gay attempt to sound arabian, really pathetic CIA if you ask me).

Notice that OBL doesn't seem to be making any more videos? I guess the US finds his use is no longer needed, after all, they have zarqawi.

The reason they change the story about having his leg amputated is it was becoming a liability. And it wasn't suiting their interests in making him run around iraq like an invisible headless chicken.

i could start a legitimate looking fugitive killer website and accept donation that go towards finding fugitive killers.
but the picture was me?
wouldnt u feel dumb.

AN EXCELLENT ANALOGY!

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist leader believed to be responsible for the abduction of Kenneth Bigley, is 'more myth than man', according to American military intelligence agents in Iraq.

Several sources said the importance of Zarqawi, blamed for many of the most spectacular acts of violence in Iraq, has been exaggerated by flawed intelligence and the Bush administration's desire to find "a villain" for the post-invasion mayhem.

US military intelligence agents in Iraq have revealed a series of botched and often tawdry dealings with unreliable sources who, in the words of one source, "told us what we wanted to hear".

"We were basically paying up to $10,000 a time to opportunists, criminals and chancers who passed off fiction and supposition about Zarqawi as cast-iron fact, making him out as the linchpin of just about every attack in Iraq," the agent said.

"Back home this stuff was gratefully received and formed the basis of policy decisions. We needed a villain, someone identifiable for the public to latch on to, and we got one."

Pentagon estimates have put the number of foreign fighters in the region of 5,000. However, one agent said: "The overwhelming sense from the information we are now getting is that the number of foreign fighters does not exceed several hundred and is perhaps as low as 200. From the information we have gathered we have to conclude that Zarqawi is more myth than man. He isn't in the calibre of what many politicians want to believe he is.

Source:
Telegraph

First the Zarqawi Character "Attacks Iraq" and Controlls the Battlefield there, for he IS the True MASTERmind!

Then Comes the United States!

Reputed Terrorist Al-Zarqawi Still Shrouded in U.S.-Fed Myth, Mystery

The Bush administration’s nearly constant focus on suspected Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi as the source of its problems in Iraq has helped turn the Islamic fundamentalist into a figure of mythic proportions, but despite the hype and hyperbole surrounding the mysterious Al-Zarqawi, little is actually known about the man or his alleged misdeeds.

In fact, so many of the US’s claims about Al-Zarqawi’s whereabouts and affiliations have proved suspect or false that many critics view new warnings of his alleged plans to stage attacks within the US as a case of the White House crying wolf.

Now, according to an article posted March 13 on Time magazine’s website, unnamed US intelligence officials say they have evidence that Al-Zarqawi is planning attacks -- at the urging of Osama bin Laden -- on stateside "soft targets," such as "movie theatres, restaurants and schools." Time’s sources attributed this information to a man recently interrogated in Iraq, who they claim was one of Al-Zarqawi’s top aides.

But one day later, MSNBC reported that another unnamed government official -- this one from the Department of Homeland Security -- said such warnings were alarmist and that the informant in Iraq was not a credible source.

As with these new reports, much of the previously released information about Al-Zarqawi has been contradictory. Mostly leaked by unnamed government intelligence and military sources and contained in statements from civilian analysts, "news" of Al-Zarqawi’s whereabouts, alliances, operations and intentions is largely unreliable. In fact, it is nearly impossible to report about Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi as man rather than legend.

Source:
NewStandard News

So - who is this DUDE-Z?

Create a Terrorist Leader - and Fight it!

The US intelligence apparatus has created it own terrorist organizations. And at the same time, it creates its own terrorist warnings concerning the terrorist organizations which it has itself created. In turn, it has developed a cohesive multibillion dollar counterterrorism program "to go after" these terrorist organizations.

Counterterrorism and war propaganda are intertwined. The propaganda apparatus feeds disinformation into the news chain. The terror warnings must appear to be "genuine". The objective is to present the terror groups as "enemies of America."

The underlying objective is to galvanize public opinion in support of America's war agenda.

The "war on terrorism" requires a humanitarian mandate. The war on terrorism is presented as a "Just War", which is to be fought on moral grounds "to redress a wrong suffered."

The Just War theory defines "good" and "evil." It concretely portrays and personifies the terrorist leaders as "evil individuals".

Several prominent American intellectuals and antiwar activists, who stand firmly opposed to the Bush administration, are nonetheless supporters of the Just War theory: "We are against war in all its forms but we support the campaign against international terrorism."

To reach its foreign policy objectives, the images of terrorism must remain vivid in the minds of the citizens, who are constantly reminded of the terrorist threat.

The propaganda campaign presents the portraits of the leaders behind the terror network. In other words, at the level of what constitutes an "advertising" campaign, "it gives a face to terror." The "war on terrorism" rests on the creation of one or more evil bogeymen, the terror leaders, Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, et al, whose names and photos are presented ad nauseam in daily news reports.

Source:
Global.Research

FAKED Letters? Whatever WORKS!

On the face of it, the content reflects much of what Zawahiri and his comrade, Osama bin Laden, have long been saying is the crux of the jihadi cause: Muslim lands have been invaded by infidels; apostate Muslim rulers welcome the invaders. Chief among the infidels are the American occupiers of the "Land of the Two Holy Mosques" (Saudi Arabia) and the Zionist occupiers of the "Holy Sanctuary," or Jerusalem. What's more, the recent invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq only add to the humiliation suffered by Muslims, and now a defensive jihad is required against the "Zionist/Crusaders" until they are defeated and expelled from the Islamic world.

Beyond the clamor for continued and spiraling warfare, however, there is a new element in the letter. It is a warning to Zarqawi that the success of the jihad ultimately depends on mass appeal and public support. Without a popular mandate, we are told, the noble warriors, or mujahedin, cannot ensure victory after the infidel invaders are evicted.

But there are reasons to doubt that it is authentic. First is the suspiciously long delay between when the letter was written and when it was made public. Who benefits from this delay if not those who favor voting for the new Iraqi constitution at all costs? Its appearance on the eve of the vote in Iraq reinforces the notion that anarchy will be the only outcome if the constitution is defeated.

And then there is the improbable request for the payment of 100,000 (presumably dollars) from Zarqawi to Zawahiri, when one might have expected the opposite channel of funding. And the bizarre suggestion that if the reader is going to Fallouja, "send greetings to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi." Did the writer of this letter forget that it was already addressed to Zarqawi?

Source:
LA Times

OR is he DEAD?

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A Jordanian extremist suspected of bloody suicide attacks in Iraq was killed some time ago in U.S. bombing and a letter outlining plans for fomenting sectarian war is a forgery, a statement allegedly from an insurgent group west of the capital said.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of northern Iraq “during the American bombing there,” according to a statement circulated in Fallujah this week and signed by the “Leadership of the Allahu Akbar Mujahedeen.”

Source:
MSNBC

I have a Feeling that the People that Write this Script - the SCRIPTWRITERS - do really not know what to do with this Zarqawi Character.

Does he Stay in the Series?

Do we Loose him in Episode III?

Do we Bring him Back to Life in Episode V?

And whats up with that Osama Character?

I really Enjoyed him in Episode I - where is he?

I think the Black Hou... I mean the White House could BUY themselves BETTER Scriptwriters then the Ones they got from movies like Independance Day or True Lies.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join