It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only One

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am, only one voice, a face in the crowd, a number, a potential voter, a citizen, a member of the human world...

So what I have to say here is irrelevant and to be ignored by all.

War, this war... from my point of view has done more harm than good and the current perpetuation of it’s harsh policies will only create an ultimate conflict between cultures and all because the threat of a small group of terrorists led us to Iraq?

There are billions of humans on this planet so what I have to say means little or nothing.

I am only one.

Was it good intentions that took our armies to Iraq? Or was it the overwhelming sense of ultimate power placed and used in the right/wrong hands?

This war is a trial of them.. And us.. Who is more or less guilty here?

I say to you... perhaps the world seems safe now to some because of this war.. But have we seen the worst yet? Do we really want the whole Islamic world united in hatred against us? If so then the plan is working well and the division continues to grow. Well done!!

Welcome to the us and them world you wanted.

Have your war.. Kill the enemies and wait for more.. Sooner or later we’ll have to leave then what?

I am only one..

Leave Iraq now.. Bring our troops home. Let the healing begin, search for a real path to peace.. End this madness and bloodshed. And wait for the new enemy you have helped create.

Or just kill them all.. Maybe it is best to just nuke the whole planet and start all over with a new race of humans grown, and genetically superior to all.. The way you want the people of this world to be. It can be done!

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Very well-said, sir. You are only one. I am another.

Is this all some sort of ultimate plan? Is this the way we have chosen to destroy ourselves? Will hatred and fear be the weapons that take man out? Is there any reason to hope that we can possibly turn it around? Or is it too late and we are just observing the decline?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Very well-said, sir. You are only one. I am another.

Thank you!

Is this all some sort of ultimate plan?

Yes!

Is this the way we have chosen to destroy ourselves?

No! (At least not most of us)

Will hatred and fear be the weapons that take man out?

No!

Is there any reason to hope that we can possibly turn it around?

YES!

Or is it too late and we are just observing the decline?

If you want a yes or no world ... you already have my answer.

It is easy to form an opinion.. much harder to express it.

All we really have is what we are, what we believe and.. maybe what we think really does not matter.. however what is there to stop us from expressing our true thoughts here?

Do we have to have a link and quote in our posts here to count?

Sometimes it is nice to just be yourself and say what you really think.

There is truth in there somewhere.. but that is up to the reader.

Use the freedoms you still have while you can!

Tell us what you REALLY think!

Gazz

[edit on 11-11-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dreams of peace wile hearing the drums of war .
This seams to be our legice . Never in writen history has the human race
ever found true peace . We can not for there is no true peace in us .
Like you I dream of peace and also like you I think of war .
You may say no you dont but all war starts with just a thought.
walking down the school hall and a rivial (a thought passes of Hiting that person ) Driving down the hiway getting cut of and Anger at the other persons thoughlessness .All the wile knowing Its happened the other way around .
But there will be peace some day the Earth will let out a long sigh and start over with a new intellegence and mabby there will be peace the second tikme around.
I never seen nore heard of a 5 year old boy or girl who dident fight with others his own age what does this tell you about humans?
we are born to fight its peace that must be tought but theres not one who can so how can we learn to have true peace in our selfs?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Simcity4Rushour, Thank you... even with your errors it was refreshing to read a post that came from a person. Not one of those programmed minds that drift through these forums.. Posting links and quotes from politically bent sources.. When it comes to war .. And to the true opinions some of us have it is hard or even impossible to express it... without the media hype!

If it is truth you seek.. Search yourselves.. Deep inside lies the answers.. We all know what is right and what is wrong.. Finding it is much harder these days.. Thinking for yourselves is almost a thing of the past.

So what is on the news now?

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Simply a matter of my own opinion, but...

This is a OP/ED topic better suited for forums like RANT, etc.
Personal activism within this particular forum is uncalled for, unwarrented, and completely unnecessary.

Staff or not.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you Seekerof.

You are right!

Why should we waste space on someone's opinion?

Why dare to tell it like it is?

Why bother thinking for ourselves.. lets all just jump on the happy train to oblivion together.. who are we to dare to have a thought!

Seeker .. you win.. perhaps a mod who can will move this to RANT!

and maybe not.

It does not matter now.. I have said what I think.. and so have YOU!

That is all I wanted.

Anyone else?

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I agree, Um_Gazz.

Personally whatever this is all leading up to should take place NOW.

The suffering this silly war has brought is unprecedented.

Its not enough that people suffer from hunger, pestilence, famine...Lets take the masses, work their brains so they dont know what the heck is going on.
Well, enough of that already. It worked. What is the next move?

Nukes?

It wont work. We will KNOW where they came FROM.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
...but as log, as the war was (falsely, of course) presented as "war on terror", that long this belong right there, IMHO

Now, let's sumarize it, what the war caused.

- nations around the world hate US intensively and thinking about that when US ignore Geneva agreements, that they should also ignore Geneva afreements when come to US citizens to return the favor (don't give much for the current pupet goverment opinions, sooner or later what people really think come up)

- muslims around the world is united into the Islam and want fight to survive, because they feel a death-treat (even muslims, who never ever cared about Islam at all is now far more radicalized - you can take French MUSLIM riots as good example or result from war against muslims - as they see it)

- US debt increased dramaticaly, soon China just get the whole US and this is ain't any joke

- countries intesed in balance is tring to support Iran and Syria, and therefore Islamic goverments getting better and better technology, sometimes taht good, that US army have no counter-thing agains them (Iran - improved generations of Sunburns for easy taking out carrier at one hit, Vera pasive radar (made in Czech, hehe) for stealth planes easy monitoring and detection, special US body-armor piercing sniperrifles (bolt action from Austria, semi-Automatic from Russia, optics by Meopta Czech... etc)

- even according to CIA, Iraq is now a paradise for terrorists

- world is far less safer place, with terrorists gaining access to hidden stashes of Iraq weapons and radical Islamist goverments (yes, Israel is a bad, very bad state, however even jews has got the right to live and have a one state...) gaining access to weapons, witch they might not have possesed...

- I don't even talking about the loss of the freedoms in USA - the goats who tolerate goverment that leat them to war trully deserve it...

(old but good one)

War will be there as long, as long people did not storm out any goverment, that try even mention war.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am the voice no-one likes to hear. I speak of tragedy and hopelessness. I am the bringer of ill tidings.

I was the child born of victory, my birth among the banners of joy a happy promise to the future. Hitler was gone, and amongst the ruins of Holland, a Canadian soldier and my mother coupled in the celebration and there I was.

60 years have passed since that day when the jackboots fell silent and the broken lives gathered their strength for a new beginning. 60 years of unending war ensued shortly after. Indonesia, Korea, the Cold War, Viet Nam, the October Crisis, the turmoil which is Africa, child soldiers, starvation, disease, the Balkan conflict, Afghanistan, Iraq and the highway of Death...these are the markers along the road of my life.

We are barreling headlong into the Darkness. We degrade our environment in ways our parents never dreamt. We poison our water until it's undrinkable, killing fish in lakes and streams. We considered the oceans the best dump on the planet and filled it with whatever could not be safely stored in the ground. We fill the air with poison, thinking it will never make any difference, thinking only of convenience and our jobs.

We have grown numerous. We are careless and we will pay a high price for it.

No, I am not guiltless. I don't have the solution, because I have been part of the problem. I can only say what I think and it is meaningless...just more noise in the background.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Why should we waste space on someone's opinion?

Why dare to tell it like it is?

Why bother thinking for ourselves.. lets all just jump on the happy train to oblivion together.. who are we to dare to have a thought!

Your points are noted, as is your jesting sarcasm.
The purpose of my initial commentary was to illustrate a point, and that point was the mere fact that you set a dangerous precedent for this particular forum.
How so?
If you can simply create a personal activism topic, then others will follow.
As such, the next question becomes was this [ie: personal activism] the intended purpose for and of this particular forum?

Seeker .. you win.. perhaps a mod who can will move this to RANT!

and maybe not.

No, I do not certainly win, UM_Gazz, but neither do you or the intended purposes of this particular forum.
At any rate, last time I checked, I recall seeing this in relation to your above mention:

War on Terrorism
mods: ADVISOR, ProudAmerican, UM_Gazz, dbates, Gazrok, Djarums, JAK, Mirthful Me

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The suffering this silly war has brought is unprecedented.

I'm sorry, but this statement is ridiculous. The Iraq War has caused about 2,000 soldiers since 2003. We lost like 7,000 in one single battle for a dull, featureless island in the Pacific in WWII, Iwo Jima (which we've since given back to Japan).

The Iraq War is nothing compared to the wars this country has fought before. And the stakes are extremely high, since turning Iraq over to terrorists now would spell total disaster for the Middle East and create a huge problem for the U.S. on all fronts for the foreseeable future.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One more thought and i am out of this thread: (Highly sensitive)

Djohn, This war is RIDICULOUS. Not me. Thank you

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
If you can simply create a personal activism topic, then others will follow.
As such, the next question becomes was this [ie: personal activism] the intended purpose for and of this particular forum?

Activism? .. is that the title I gain from having an opinion?

At any rate, last time I checked, I recall seeing this in relation to your above mention:

War on Terrorism
mods: ADVISOR, ProudAmerican, UM_Gazz, dbates, Gazrok, Djarums, JAK, Mirthful Me

OK.. you got me.. I am guilty of being a moderator of this forum.. and I am also guilty of being a person.. with an open mind!... sue me.

If you have something you really want to say about this war.. do it here and now!

Why not?

The terms and conditions of this website and discussion forums do not exclude personal opinions or original thinking.. at least the last time I checked it was OK!

Or we can keep posting media links and quotes to entertain Seekerof and those who need spin and hype to get through this bull#!

That my friends is up to all of you!

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

as posted by UM_Gazz
The terms and conditions of this website and discussion forums do not exclude personal opinions or original thinking.. at least the last time I checked it was OK!

Hey dude, your staff, and as such, you do as you see fit.
You state your opinions, as I have stated mine.
Be careful in how you interchange opinion and original thinking for personal activism...

Or we can keep posting media links and quotes to entertain Seekerof and those who need spin and hype to get through this bull#!

As much as I have contributed to this site, as much as every member has contributed to this site, I find it dubious, if not quite outlandish to near ludicrous, that you would drop to the level of insinuating that I, as with others, are doing nothing but contributing spin and hype. Thank you for your guided words of wisdom.

It is Veterens Day at my house, not sure what it is at yours.

seekerof

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hey dude, your staff, and as such, you do as you see fit.
You state your opinions, as I have stated mine.
Be careful in how you interchange opinion and original thinking for personal activism...

As much as I have contributed to this site, as much as every member has contributed to this site, I find it dubious, if not quite outlandish to near ludicrous, that you would drop to the level of insinuating that I, as with others, are doing nothing but contributing spin and hype. Thank you for your guided words of wisdom.

The best time to discuss anything is always RIGHT NOW!

The reason this site is the success it is, is because people will post what they think Seekerof.. where have you been?

The fact that this one thread opened with an original thought or thinking bothers you?

I will admit.. I am tired of the copy paste links and quotes.. I am not tired of reading through the replies .. where members can and usually do express themselves quite well.

What I don't like or do, is not the thing here.. what I think and what you do is what really matters.. why talk about what I posted and where it is.. what about what it is.. seekerof.. do you dare?

Have you run out of spin?

We can talk here.. remember you and I have done this before.

Tell me what you REALLY think.. about the subject and not the place it is posted and perhaps we can learn something here.

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here are some links:

On this Veterans Day, remember those whose minds and bodies are no longer whole, and ask yourself if we as a nation can continue to demand that more young men and women be sacrificed for dubious reasons.

I'm proud to say that, as an airborne infantryman in Afghanistan, I worked to save more lives than I helped to take. Iraq was different."

My thoughts today are with the people who have been willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for what they thought was right.

We have a war going on and it's a real issue. This war effects us all. Not just as a country or an 'economy' or a society, but personally. That is a real effect.

This kind of thread may not be appropriate here every day but today, it seems important and appropriate to me to:

Discuss The War On Terror, The War With Iraq

in a way that respects and honors each of us and especially those who have fought and those who have died.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

as posted by UM_Gazz

Excuse me?

Let me reiterate what I just previously said:

...I find it dubious, if not quite outlandish to near ludicrous, that you would drop to the level of insinuating that I, as with others, are doing nothing but contributing spin and hype.

:shk:

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

as posted by UM_Gazz

Excuse me?

Let me reiterate what I just previously said:

...I find it dubious, if not quite outlandish to near ludicrous, that you would drop to the level of insinuating that I, as with others, are doing nothing but contributing spin and hype.

:shk:

seekerof

I am sorry for breaking a rule here.. but I rest my case!

Please anyone who has ANY thoughts on this thread or the topic... please feel free to reply.. and be yourselves.. remember the terms and conditions of use.. but let your true voices be heard!

Thank you!

Gazz

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I am, only one voice, a face in the crowd, a number, a potential voter, a citizen, a member of the human world...

So what I have to say here is irrelevant and to be ignored by all.

War, this war... from my point of view has done more harm than good and the current perpetuation of it’s harsh policies will only create an ultimate conflict between cultures and all because the threat of a small group of terrorists led us to Iraq?

There are billions of humans on this planet so what I have to say means little or nothing.

I am only one.

Was it good intentions that took our armies to Iraq? Or was it the overwhelming sense of ultimate power placed and used in the right/wrong hands?

This war is a trial of them.. And us.. Who is more or less guilty here?

I say to you... perhaps the world seems safe now to some because of this war.. But have we seen the worst yet? Do we really want the whole Islamic world united in hatred against us? If so then the plan is working well and the division continues to grow. Well done!!

Welcome to the us and them world you wanted.

Have your war.. Kill the enemies and wait for more.. Sooner or later we’ll have to leave then what?

I am only one..

Leave Iraq now.. Bring our troops home. Let the healing begin, search for a real path to peace.. End this madness and bloodshed. And wait for the new enemy you have helped create.

Or just kill them all.. Maybe it is best to just nuke the whole planet and start all over with a new race of humans grown, and genetically superior to all.. The way you want the people of this world to be. It can be done!

Gazz

This kind of crap belongs in Livejournal.

Oh sir, you are so much smarter than everyone else. No one understands but you. You’r worldly views and diplomatic attitude set you apart from the barbarians.

Thank you... even with your errors it was refreshing to read a post that came from a person. Not one of those programmed minds that drift through these forums..

Oh here we go again.

"If you dont agree with the liberal point of view, you are a mindless drone"

Funny how you all repeat the same tired dribble like a bunch of hal9000s.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Dronetek]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join