It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only One

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your answer, UM-Gazz

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by Riwka

Do you think that certain basic moral truths are recognizable everywhere in the world?

Not really.. People of other nations and other cultures are not always going to see the world as we do, so our views of what are “moral truths” will not always agree.

Who are we to impose our “moral truths” on anyone who does not want them?

During the era of the Holocaust the world was slow to respond to news about the murder of six million Jews.

Each year I attended the „March of the Living“ (the walk between the notorious Auschwitz and Birkenau death camps in Poland) I’ve asked myself how it came, that nobody felt the need to bomb the railway lines leading to the Nazi concentration camps.

I cannot find an answer.

In this topic, there is still one other question that is waiting for an answer.

What would you fight for, UM_Gazz?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
In this topic, there is still one other question that is waiting for an answer.

What would you fight for, UM_Gazz?

First of all, thank you again for a great reply. I guess on a subliminal level I missed that question. It is a tough one.

What would I fight for?

The obvious would be my family and home.

On national and international levels, if it was up to me.. I’d fight first to eliminate poverty and suffering within my own country. Call me a pragmatist, however It seems foolish to take on the world’s problems and conflicts without first taking care of your own.

I would fight to protect the freedom and security of my country, But only after pursuing every possible avenue to a peaceful resolution. War and bloodshed would always be the very last option. I would not ever invade any nation that was not a direct and immediate threat to our own boarders and security.

I would fight for a humanitarian cause, when and where ever people are suffering unjustly.

The United States of America should not be the world’s police, judge and jury. Nor should be forcing our values and democracy in regions where it destabilizes the population, or is not wanted.

The cost of war in economic damage, lives and peace had better be justified with a clear and present danger to ourselves and the world, not based on fabricated intelligence. Fighting a war should always be the last option not the first.

What have we done?

What will we fight for now?

Who is next?

Gazz

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Does Islam hate me cause I'm American? Or is it cause I enjoy barely clad women available on my television 24 hours a day? Is it that I live in a mostly christian country? Or maybe because I have a wife who looks stunning in shorts and a halter top, even in public? Is it because my representitives have a failed foreign policy? Or perhaps my arrogance in believing that I live in the greatest country in the world?

Regarless of there reasons, I hate them because they killed 2000 people one day just because they hate me. I hate them because they believe they have a right to mutiliate their daughters genitals for fear that she might enjoy sex. I hate them because a woman can get lashes for being the victim of rape. I hate them...

I almost continued till I realized that I don't really hate them. I just disagree with them. I don't think I'll fly into any buildings for it...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread UM_Gazz.

Makes me sad, and thoughtful.

Odd, how some people think thoughtful analysis is opinion, as if "facts" can be separated from the perceptual experience.

Odd, how some think it right to destroy others, and our world too.

Do any who so choose know why you choose violence and destruction? Do you honestly believe that choosing death is the best way to live?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join