It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points how do some get so many?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thank you, Springer. I did not expect anything for my post, but Thank you.

I am just enjoying my age. I've looked forward to this age for some time and I think I'll stay here for a few years if I can. Adams is also one of my favorite authors as I'm sure you can see.

Now off to the store to figure out how to spend some of my newfound points!!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, I've apparently missed other coffee inspired posts on ATS, but seeing some mentioning of coffee here, I will offer my TOP SECRET method to my fellow ATSers, freely-no points required- in the goodwill intention of helping any coffee-dependant-brewing-impaired ATSers make a righteous cup of coffee...as well as helping veteran connoisseurs enjoy an easier way to create-to-partake a cup of their perfect bean juice

For your eyes only:

Melitta Mill & Brew

You can't go wrong with this machine. Pick your perfect bean or bean combo (say an ethiopian perhaps mixed with columbian) and you put the beans in, water in, set the timer...and you awake to the intoxicating aroma of freshly brewed coffee from freshly milled beans first thing in the morning (or anytime you fancy)

Thats right, this maker grinds the beans for you and brews it fresh all while you sleep if you so wish!

You even control how fine the coffee is ground, so you can perfect your own coffee by choosing the right beans/combos and milling grade.

Waking will never be the same-you will smell the aroma and wake up happy before your alarm clock ever rings!

(No, I do NOT own stock in the company
)

It costs less than $100 ('round $80 ) and has a fine mesh filter-no paper filters to ever buy, dispose of...(run out of!)...etc. just rinse out the filter basket.

I had a BUNN that cost over $100 and used annoying paper filters, but had the hot water resevoir so coffee could be made instantly anytime with the push of a button, but that one convenience aside, nothing beats freshly ground and brewed coffee from my Melitta...whether timer is set for morning, and you awake to fresh coffee, or you throw in some beans for after dinner-it's just the perfect maker especially for those that have found the perfect bean-or combo

I give these machines as gifts and am very loved and appreciated for this great humanitarian effort to create a world free of bad coffee, so in this ongoing effort, I offer this info here to you all as well.

Of course as I said, it is offered freely...however, Springer, donations to the coffee fund is always appreciated

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OK, I have a related question.

Can someone please explain the bar under the points? It seems to get longer after posting for awhile, and some people's are different colors like red or yellow.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
centurion; you are right, the grey bar grows in length in relation to the amount of posts you have made.
Bars also go from grey to dark red from the amount of applause you receive.

Edit: yellow are Mods and such.

[edit on 20/1/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think i should be entitled to around 3 or 4 points due to me being banned last year (i would say accidentally because i didnt even post) after i accumulated a few hundred points voting in the elections on ATS.

Now that i have this new account im scared ill get banned again so im reduced to just watching.

I'm also a huge country music fan and Im sure someone who has point power is too.

well i hope anyway

[edit on 20-1-2006 by pkpao]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
All this talk of coffee reminds of:

How good my coffee is.

The time when I was travelling a few hundred miles via coach and train. I got off at York to catch the train and I went to a café in the station, asked for a cup of coffee and I got less than a mouthful of it for £2.50!!! I was so gutted.

Springer can give me some sympathy points if he likes.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join