It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points how do some get so many?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Woohoo! I'm saving my points for an ATS liver, in case mine gets worse.

Not my dog. I scour the internet when things are slow for things to save for opportune moments. This one really paid off.

[edit on 2005/11/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I notice some people have a crazy amount of points. I have never really cared as to how may I have until Ive notied mine are not going up very fast. Is there something I am missing?

I have only been here a short while, but it seems to me the more I reply and the more questions and ideas I post the more points I accumulate.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Forty-Two. You're just a baby! You've only lived 1/4 of your life so far.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for giving Springer a heads up. Anyone who is going to live to be 168 needs to start preparing for it now. Do you hear that Springer? I think it was Eubie Blake who said that if he had known he was going to live so long he would have taken better care of himself and he only lived into his nineties.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Good day Springer,

You gave a wealthy person an extra 3500 points, adding to their 200000+ points already accumulated. Yet you deprive me of such self-esteem, when I struggle at the sadistic under 500 mark. How can you do this to a fluffy, especially when he dedicated his user-name to fluffy. All those fluffies out there feel discriminated against, having senselessly been left out of the top-secret forum, due to the circumstances of those wealthy point holders. Why can they not share their points with others in need, those little, tiny fluffy, points? Give them to fluffy, and let fluffy see. I am still curious to find out this question:

Can anyone give anyone points, or can only administrators and moderators share their points?

You realize at this point, that if the answer to the question is the 2nd part, i feel obliged to say that you are my only hope. You are fluffy's only saviour. Help fluff. This is a worldwide attempt to stop all the discrimation against fluff. I am forever fluffy.

Now as I come to this standpoint, I ask people out there:

Why do you have so many points. Points are for spending. Use them. Stop showing off. Donate to poor, unweatlhy, hungry, spontaneous, and shiny people. Unless of course your points under your user-name does not change, even when you spend points. But i insist that that is not the case, unless proved otherwise in a motion of judicial hearing.

In conclusion, i state my plea to help all those people out there whose user-name is 'fluffy.' Donate your points and keep them coming. World peace is inevitable if we choose the right path. Choose that path. Ye. Now in my outright last attempt to get some points spring-dogg, i henceforth post these two, fluffy pictures. Yes, you may laugh, joke, cry, eat, fight, chimpanzee, walrus, or listen over these pictures. Then you may donate your points. I hereby close my statement, which shall forever be heard.

Fluffy album:

--I was out one night, happily doing various fitness activities to save the present society, when all my dreams were shattered at the sight of an anorexic cat. I rushed over to it, pulled out my knife, and chucked it at a tree. I brang home the cat. As it was well under-nourished, I hurriedly pulled out my cans of stored food for the upcoming bird-flu pandemic, and fed it till it could feed no more. This was in the nations best interest. National Security. This cat needed all the help it could get. I was the only one that could provide. I laid it out on the carpet (It took most of the night, as the heaveness of the fluffball was overwhelming), and took pictures from various angles. The picture I am showing to you is of its best angle. Boy, it looks nice. As you can see, this anorexic cat is just coping with the food intake, which he needed to survive. If I would of fed him a minute later, he would be dead. This is a pressing, most controversial matter. Fluff should not be treated like this, and we will not stand for this anymore. With the nutritional value I gave it, it gave me warmth. Such a kind, majestic creature. Let us dance with the koyote's and over the rice farms. We need more fluffy.

We must act now! Or if we don't, we have ourselves a great enemy, of many attributes. He is powerfull, and going to stop at nothing. Fear our world, my friend, fear our world. Hey, did you know that spicy, chicken nibbles taste rather scrumtious? The all mighty Stwie Griffen!!

Thank you for reading my speech on fried rice. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
NOBODY can do anything but spend their points. Only Admins and Supermods can give points to others...

Looking at your situation, I am aghast at the legnth of your post, that much reading should always have a paycheck attached at the bottom for the reader.

Seeing as how there was no compensation for me I only looked at the picture once I finished the second paragraph. Good Lord Kitty! DIET! EXERCISE!

I would also suggest a muzzle for pie avoidance.

1500 points awarded for diet and exercise book purchase.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I really want to make the anorexic cat exercise, but unfortunately, it can't move. I think I'll need to read the 'secret forum' to discover how to change cat's weight. Oh, but it can't be done because I am under 5000 points. Oh darn it, darn, darn, darn. If only someone out there would be able to help me achieve this goal, and help a fluffy in need. I guess there isn't. I will use my last resources from the flu pandemic stock to feed it. But the stock is going down as fast as the cat is putting on weight. oh my lord jesus, its getting bigger than the room. I'm scared its going to explode. I can't keep going on like this. I need money to live. Arrghhh...

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A-HEM!
Excuse me, just clearing my throat...

Um...
To me the paramount importance of gaining in points is to get into the secret forum. It is SOOOO mysterious to me what possibly could be discussed in there...
Is it just a forum for the 'mature' crowd of veterans... free of all the foolishness and bickering of your common newbie or insane lurker?
OR
Is it where 'Those That Rule This ATS World' chat and conspire on how to mislead and misguide the sheeple that think that they are on some sort of track to enlightenment just by being members?
OR
Is it where the people who are the most obsessive and compulsive with internet forums go to rub elbows with eachother in some sort of sanctimonious mensa-style club... i.e. "Since we have the time and inclination to accumulate so many points... we are superior to those ignorant squires... lets discuss this fact at length..."

Alas...
I may never know... I feel that perhaps, maybe, I will eventually accumulate enough points, and when I finally get to the promise land of the Secret Forum, I will then understand.
And be satisfied. And greatful to those that allowed me to be their peer, here.

This is my quest...
I will follow it with patience and mindfullness.
I will get into that secret forum...
But the anticipation and curiosity are powerful, man!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Imagine if a fluffy went to the secret forum! Just imagine! Now, you know you are the only one to help me on this quest. I bid you goodby, and good day.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Please give me some points!! I feel left out! here is a picture I made especially because your going to give me points:

Thanks Springer, for giving me these points, and introducing me to ATS!! Forever peace yo!

Cheers.

Fluffy is fluffy.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately admission to RATS is not currently available. It does have it's good points though, very interesting forum.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
RATs ain't all that itnerrestign there are soem good things so.

Ohh and jsut make podcasts lots of podcasts=big points

Welcome!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Another way to get points is to use the thread tagging feature. A tag is a descriptive word or group of words that describe key elements of the thread. You may have read about it here.

If you tag this thread, that you're reading right now! You'll get 5 points

Then you can look at 500 random threads without tags, and tag a few. Refresh the page for more untagged threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Exactly, tagging has to be the easiest way to rack up the points on ATS. Your happy because your getting points, and the big dogs here are happy to dish them out.

Its a win win situation.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey Springer,

I'm also 42 yrs old. For my birthday, my family got me a Hitchhiker's Guide T-shirt that has a large 42 on it with small letters that say "The Meaning of Life". We've made it!!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I notice some people have a crazy amount of points. I have never really cared as to how may I have until Ive notied mine are not going up very fast. Is there something I am missing?

I was just telling my friend and neighbor, Noumenon, that there seem to be alot of people around ATS who care alot about points. And that's only natural, I guess. To have points, it must mean something, right? I think so. The reason I have mad points is because I've spent alotta hours online at ATS. I'm lucky. I've had the luxury of doing that and making a living.

Time spent on ATS is points. That's the bottom line.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davenman
Hey Springer,

I'm also 42 yrs old. For my birthday, my family got me a Hitchhiker's Guide T-shirt that has a large 42 on it with small letters that say "The Meaning of Life". We've made it!!

That T-Shirt is a FRAUD! 42 is NOT the meaning of life. It's the Answer to the Ultimate Question. (Which happens to be "What is 6 times 9?)

I tend to just write a lot of posts, and stay far away from burning all the coffee that I might attempt to make for Springer. No matter what anyones says, *I* make the worst cup of coffee ever seen on this planet. That's why I prefer the pure form of Caffeine in Mountan Dew.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Hey Springer,

That T-Shirt is a FRAUD! 42 is NOT the meaning of life. It's the Answer to the Ultimate Question. (Which happens to be "What is 6 times 9?)

I tend to just write a lot of posts, and stay far away from burning all the coffee that I might attempt to make for Springer. No matter what anyones says, *I* make the worst cup of coffee ever seen on this planet. That's why I prefer the pure form of Caffeine in Mountan Dew.

Ok......

I am so gonna get burned by some mod. for a one-liner...

Click ruby slipper heels together...

There's no place like home...................

Life is crazy.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Eh, it's good to be mildly crazy sometimes. It beats going postal, or ending up in a rubber room wearing the nice white coat they give you when they come for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hey Springer,

That's worth 5,000 points for the double header; Being 42 and connecting it to my favorite author's work.

Springer...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join