It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points how do some get so many?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
SPRINGER.

That is so cool. I too was on the web before WWW protocol. I used early 80's versions of BBS's anchored out of Ohio State University and directed to my home state of Wisconsin through.....errr....questionable programming methods!

As was I can still remember the hot "site" was the coke machine at MIT that could be accesed. Or was it CalTech?? Damm memory is getting old.

I can also rember my Origional Apple II and still have the memo that came from them telling me to drop the machine froma one foot up to settle the memory chips
I can also rember I was the hotshot in my hood cause I had a 9600 Baud modem. Nevermind that I could not connect that high

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
u know how by ure name it has points? Well, when u use them does the points by ure name get taken off too? And can someone tell me if ppl can give out points? and what contests are and where they r? Oh, if ppl can give me points, i want 5000 now. So i can look at the secret forum. Cmon, u know u want to give a needless person the points. What if i say "chicken?" ok, "chicken". THere. That's gotta go into the heart of a ATS member or moderator ( yes, u) with a spare 5000 spare points. thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik0001000
wow you people are old 40s, im at the far end of my teens (smarter than most though)

EVERYONE at the end of their teens are smarter than most, Its a wonderful part of being human. Trust me child, in time it will fade, I promise.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluffy
Cmon, u know u want to give a needless person the points.

Aw, c'mon! Surely, someone can find a good use for you somewhere. Have you tried cleaning windshields at traffic lights?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just had 20 pts taken away from me for a one liner yet I see one liners all over the place that dont get tagged
But then again Mirthiful was making me ride the goat for busting some masonic chops probably about the tongue being torn out by the roots and intrels flung over me shoulder.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The one-liner is a tricky beast, indeed. It is the rare neophyte who has mastered the art sufficiently to avoid the "slap on the hand," or words to that effect. Please remember that points are easy enough to come by and the mods always have your best interest at heart.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The reason I have a lot of points is that I am old.

Even older than Grady Philpott, if such a thing is possible; old enought to be Springer's daddy.

The mods know this, and, since they know I'm going to die of old age pretty soon, give me points because they feel sorry for me and also because they don't want a Title VII age-discrimination lawsuit

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
We actually have a social security points system for people like Off the street

Seriously though, Quality posts are the sure bet if you want to get points, but after a while you kind of get past it.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Fred, I remember when you had a half a million points. What happened? I hope you didn't spend them all in one place.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Fred, I remember when you had a half a million points. What happened? I hope you didn't spend them all in one place.

It was the taxes man im telling you. It was getting that time for him to pay up to the IRS of ATS. Thats just plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You know I just have one thing that might make those who feel at a disadvantage for being old feel better by saying that my old computer teacher (WHO STILL IS TEACHING!!!) was 84 when I had him (that was a while ago probally about 4 or 5 years!) anyway he was one heck of a programmer and knows how to use a computer very well. Okay that was to make you feel good and young now is just his view on the two most puzziling questions in his opionion. He said one of the most intriguing things to him is that the store Babages (Gamestop or Funcoland's sister store) . He said that although Babages was named for Charles Babage who contributed in making the computer they actually quit selling computer games!! He can't get over it.... and the second biggest mystery in his perspective: why do pants come in pairs? :Note to self figure out WHY pants do come in pairs
:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You're never too old.
Or too POST menopausal, to compute!

I met this lady once, back in the 80's. When I was working as
a Navy Contractor.

Grace Hopper

I still can't say what I did..But sometimes, the fruits of my labor, were mistaken for "triangular" spacecraft..

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Grady I actually peaked at almost 900K but spent them all on the new points scheme voting
. That was almost 50% of what was needed to pass the measure

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'll take the ceramic cat for 500.
The umbrella stand, for 1000.

and the rest, on a gift certificate..

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I met this lady once, back in the 80's. When I was working as
a Navy Contractor.

Grace Hopper

Dear God! That woman is practically the mother of modern computing.

[edit on 2005/11/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is 11:25am CST (Central US time) and anyone who puts up a GOOD joke in the next 15 minutes gets 3500 points!
It's Saturday morning and I want to laugh!

tick... tick... tick...
Springer...

[edit on 11-19-2005 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Joke picture:

[edit on 2005/11/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoJo the religious man
and the second biggest mystery in his perspective: why do pants come in pairs? :Note to self figure out WHY pants do come in pairs
:

Now this is totally off-topic but I think that the reason is that they were once really pants plural... ie. you had leg pieces, one for right and one for left, and then a sort of codpiece-diaper-thingy in the middle. Can't remember where I read that from though, so I guess I get chased out of town because I can't give any references

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
GradyPhilpott has been awarded 3,500 points!

THAT made me laugh outloud... Extra 500 for the outloud part!

Grady- is that YOUR dog?

Springer...

[edit on 11-19-2005 by Springer]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join