It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iran-al Qaeda Axis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What’s that you say? Impossible? Sunni’s and Shia working together? Think again. Apparently Al-Qaeda and Iran believe in the “my enemies’ enemy is my friend” principle. Iran is turning out to be a safe haven for Al Qaeda operatives and a staging/raining ground for terrorist attacks against the west. Some even believe Osama himself may be hidden in Iran .

Story here

The most immediate threat Iran poses to American national security isn't its nuclear (weapons) program. It's the safe haven Tehran is giving al Qaeda terrorists, who are planning and directing jihad across the globe
If the United States and its allies in the War on Terror don't take firm action against Iranian support to al Qaeda, the price in blood and treasure attributable to Osama bin Laden's killers — in Iraq and elsewhere — will continue to soar…

The article also mentions the 25 Al Qaeda operatives being held under “house arrest” in Iran that we learned about here. But somehow they are able to roam free and have yet to be tried for anything.

The article goes on to state:

…Iran and al Qaeda have been tight for some time. The 9/11 Commission said that al Qaeda passed freely though Iran before 9/11, including at least eight of the 14 "muscle" hijackers that commandeered the four ill-fated planes. After the USS Cole bombing in 2000, Iranian officials approached al Qaeda to propose a partnership for future anti-U.S. attacks. (Osama nixed the offer for fear of alienating Saudi supporters.)

Al Qaeda also collaborated with Iran in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia. And U.S. intercepts caught al Qaeda operatives in Iran communicating with terrorists in Saudi Arabia before the 2003 attacks there.

And, though conventional wisdom has bin Laden somewhere along the Afghan-Pakistani border, there have also been rumors that he and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, are under Iran's protection.

Of course, Iran and al Qaeda aren't natural allies. Iran is Persian/Shia, while al Qaeda is Arab/Sunni. But, for the moment, Iran and al Qaeda seem to be looking beyond this and toward a common goal — global Islamic rule and American failure in Iraq…

How can we not be inclined to believe any of this? Iran is not exactly tempering the world’s perception of it when it calls for the west’s destruction. I wonder how hard it will be for Al Qaeda to get access to Iranian nuclear tech. Or is that the very reason they are there in the first place? Either way, Iranian backed Al Qaeda is very dangerous for the world, even without those nukes…

[edit on 3-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If there was any real evidence for this beyond an anonymous 'intellegence operative' surely the US would shout it from the rooftops.

Why would anyone keep quiet about this if they had any real proof?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
If there was any real evidence for this beyond an anonymous 'intellegence operative' surely the US would shout it from the rooftops.

Why would anyone keep quiet about this if they had any real proof?

Nope, you never reveal your hand too early, this is exactly the kind of stuff US intelligence wouldnt want you to know...Until it made sense for you to know to suit their needs. And there is nothing wrong with that. This is hard ball folks.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hey skippy - are you also on a Mission from God to Make Iran look Guilty at all Cost?

Hmmmm... Now where was all this talk about Iran within days after 9-11?

Were they not Guilty of this Hideous Terrorist Crimes then?

Al-Qaeda is very trixy huh?

From Afganistan to Iraq.

From Iraq to Syria.

From Syria to Iran.

If you look very close, I think you can find Al-Qaeda also in your back yard skippy.

Don't forget who created Al-Qaeda...

But what could I expect from FrontPage magazine, that has links such as this:

* Anti-Chomsky Blog
* Jihad Watch

Mod Edit: Advertising Removed.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Nope, you never reveal your hand too early, this is exactly the kind of stuff US intelligence wouldnt want you to know...Until it made sense for you to know to suit their needs. And there is nothing wrong with that. This is hard ball folks.

That makes no sense, under what circumstances will the US release this information? The day before an attack? That'll look credible...

By releasing this info now the international community could put it under scruitiny because, lets be fair, after the missing WMD fiasco I cant see many nations trusting US intelligence, especailly when many already beleive that evidence is simply fabricated to make wars easier.

But i may have to get one of those Che Guevara shirts

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I heard Lord Lucan is also hiding in Iran, which is a good enough reason for me to back a UK invasion, the dirty scoundrel.

I'm not a betting man but I'd wager that Al-Qaeda operatives always seem to turn up in a state targeted by the "Coalition of the Free". However, I'm dismayed that there are only 25 of them in Iran roaming about. The top policeman in the UK says there's over 200 roaming free here!

Can we invade ourselves?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is getting beyond a joke really. Why don't we just be done with it and rain nukes upon them...women and children too...it would solve a lot of problems.
I for one would be happy to step up to the plate and push the button that condemns thousands upon thousands of innocent people to death...and anyone who doesn't feel the same way is obviously in league with the Islamic hordes!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
This is getting beyond a joke really. Why don't we just be done with it and rain nukes upon them...women and children too...it would solve a lot of problems.
I for one would be happy to step up to the plate and push the button that condemns thousands upon thousands of innocent people to death...and anyone who doesn't feel the same way is obviously in league with the Islamic hordes!

What a horrible suggestion Khieu. Morbid really. Its a shame that you can joke about such serious things. If Iran allows it, deplomacy will solve this issue Khieu, no need to nuke them. Maybe if you educated yourself on the matter you would be less inclined to make such statements of mass violence.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Don't be so modest Skippy...your words have inspired me to direct my latent venom towards a foe I will never have any contact with. You should be very proud and at the very least accept my compliments.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Any one who gave the invasion of Iraq a moments thought would have figured out that Iran would give political and logistical support to post war resistance.

A number of civilian and military leaders choose to ignore one of the basic Principals of warfare that is if you want divert your enemys resouces away from (enter location) you tie down your enemys forces elsewhere.

Although I have no proof one can logicaly presume that North Korea is also giving the insurgents logistical support.

join