It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd... NWO, MKULTRA, CIA, occultists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I personally HATE this band. It doesn't even sound good. Its almost as bad as that enya person.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
/\/\/\/\/\/\listen to the lyrics. best band ever..litterally./\/\/\/\/\/\

i havent tried wizard of oz. or any for that case but heres a site i found.

www.geocities.com...

if u think the wizard of oz was cool...heres a huge list for basiacally every album. im not sure if they work but i imagine they do.

do you think aliens or something almost helped write the lyrics for led zeppelin while writing stairway to heaven.stairway to heaven and it is a stairway to hell if played backwards.

i mean even the wizard of oz could of been a coincidence too, but a higher race could have known all along while Pink Floyd was making it and actually helped them with the ideas to creat the pefect music to movie connection.i dont think led zeppelin or pink floyd knew themselves that they were being helped but personally i imagine they were. there was alot of bands on that page all big hit bands. maby they did all sell their souls to make music and thats why each of them had a message in each of there bigger-hit songs.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I personally HATE this band. It doesn't even sound good. Its almost as bad as that enya person.

I just can't fathom this. Hate? Pink? Floyd?

Does not compute.

On Topic, no, I don't believe Pink Floyd were involved with the occult or the NWO. They had serious messages, strong tales to tell, controversial points of view, quite a bit of drugs and a lot of great music. And thats Pink Floyd.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
actaully pink floyd only used marijuana use. no other drugs, except syd barret who left the band in the early 70's and actaully went crazy because the drugs stimulated his paranoia towards people, and made his condition worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Pink Floyd are and were awesome. Its wasn't a fluke they had sold 29 million records of Dark Side of the Moon.

Their music personified a generation.

I think with time passing, that the impact of their music is lost because it seems so "normal" now, or even old fashioned, but when it was released it was phenomenal.

www.progarchives.com...

With 741 consecutive weeks on Billboard’s Top 200 list, this record by far has spent more time on the charts by far than any other record released and is considered by many audiophiles to be one of the most important albums in history.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Loss of 20 culture and good taste respect points.

I wonder what type of music you do like. If you say country & western, it will go a long way towards explaining a lot of your posts.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Requires understanding the complexity of the era it was written in. Not only that but one must posess musical taste. To look back at the seventies and very early eighties with no perspective of the utter lack of cultural rejection we were all in the middle of rejecting is tantamount to looking at the grand canyon with blinders on.

Pink Floyd was music, incredible musicianship/artistry/mastery and story-line lyrics tossed in for the teeny boppoers record execs. They weren't interested in actually saying anything about anything other than commenting on the rediculous industry they had to deal with in order to get paid. They were Brits having a poke at the system in classical British humor style.

Think Monty Python with one of the world's greatest guitarists.

There were a couple songs that may have been attempts at really saying something "emotional" and meaningful, "Wish you were here" is the only one I can think of...

Springer...

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the sing about there theories on life. they didnt want to talk about anything else but just that.they had no room to talk about love because they wanted to have room to get there valuable lessons of life on the record.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Elf is : Mischeviosuly swaying on the chair in tune to and listening to the Floyd.

It has been said that some people graffitied "Clapton is God" around the UK in the time era that pink floyd were coming to prominence... how wrong they were!

The Floyd are the Musical Gods Incarnate on earth.... well maybe I may have said that once or twice whilst exploring the interesting creative, spiritual, and societical issues using the same "tool" as floyd. lol.. many moons ago!

Springer totally agree with Wish you were here having the bands greastest emotional attatchment.....

not typing anymore floyd has now won my attention from ATSNN

Night

Regards

Elf

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Heres a google vid about making of The Wall and some Pink Floyd history...

feelingtea.com...

Its great

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Agree,!!! that is one reason I could not understand the division of Roger and David.
I listened to a 25th anniversary interview with Roger, and the man is a genius..over 4 hours..
Seems he will not comment on why the separation, but he intimitated that it was David who chose to stay away from him..

Well, maybe he won't talk about it NOW, but back in the day he had MUCH to say. Pink Floyd was always a very secretive lot until the split and the court proceedings. Roger was quite public about his views - he said that Pink Floyd has no talent without him, among other things. Ya can't blame David and Nick for not wanting to work with such a controlling character, especially in regard to his inability to accept criticism. David once said that the reason there are only three good songs on The Final Cut is because Roger wouldn't listen when he was being told that the music he was making sucked.

In any case, you can bet that the entire troupe is highly intelligent and in touch.

I am SHOCKED that no one has mentioned one of the most important puzzles in Pink Floyd's history. Hopefully some people still keep up with this thread.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

The Publius Enigma

Though the Wiki on it is pretty straightforward and the conclusion seems succinct, for 10 years, people were working on the puzzle and, as noted, there is still no solution.

Zip

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do you have any more info on this puzzle? I am a fond listener of Pink Floyd, but I wasn't 'plugged in' at the time of the Division Bell, so I am just now, hearing of the publius enigma. I wish I would have known, otherwise I would have been looking for things at the concert.

I do remember the word enigma being projected on the large circle back-screen. A couple times I think.

Anyways, a link to Publius' posts would be great. I cant' find one.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

LOL, I love both those artists. Division Bell: not their greatest sound, but a couple good songs on there.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In my opinion, I believe that Pink Floyd has no ties to any occult or illuminati goings-on.

Come on guys, they're just a band.

TheRanchMan

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Pink Floyd is a GREAT band. My favorite as a matter of fact.

I don't really think theres any occult on goings in their music but its a very interesting thing to research!

if the band does have any 'secrets' or if they are hiding anything behind their music im thinking its nothing but positive notions

they have some of the most powerful lyrics i've ever heard.. this is going to make some people question their motives i guess

i like this thread

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the movie, "the wall" is FILLED with the view of history through the eyes of someone who sees the hidden patterns of the illuminati.

senseless wars.
the phoenix.
a "wall"(or pyramid, in 3D for the imaginative ones) made of blocks which are cut out of the materialistic drives of humans.
mass mind control("education").
hate rallies.

sheesh. it's all there. denial will get you nowhere(although, admittedly, admittance will probably get you to the same place).

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Pink Floyd is a great band, just not in musician sense. Their lyrics explore the world around us. They helped me realize the Illumnati in the first place. It is a shame Syd was kicked out. I don't think he was crazy. Just because someone is different than us we write them off as a mental patient. Syd knew about the New World Order, and helped us realize it. Just think about it. Your mind is your greatest tool, and your greatest weapon. PEACE OUT!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As a huge Floyd fan I have always felt there was more to the band than what meets the eye. Their lyrics always seemed pretty powerful and always intrigued me. Weren't they also the first band in space. I thought I heard a story that their music was played on a Russian space mission and was the first band ever to be played in space. I can't confirm this yet, but I'm looking it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the BBC played pink floyd as background music during the live transmissions of the 1969 apollo mission. Which was before 'dark side of the moon'. Maybe it was that that gave them the idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
the movie, "the wall" is FILLED with the view of history through the eyes of someone who sees the hidden patterns of the illuminati.

senseless wars.
the phoenix.
a "wall"(or pyramid, in 3D for the imaginative ones) made of blocks which are cut out of the materialistic drives of humans.
mass mind control("education").
hate rallies.

sheesh. it's all there. denial will get you nowhere(although, admittedly, admittance will probably get you to the same place).

Okay, here are explanation for all those things.

Senseless wars = World War II, the war Roger Waters' father died in at Anzio
The Phoenix = the Bird of War
Wall = the callousness we create to people outside when we are truly and deeply depressed.
education = Roger Waters' hatred of the English school system.
Hate rallies = figments of the main characters imagination because he was so wasted (Quoted from the back of the DVD case: "too many shows, too much dope, too much applause")

True, denial will get you nowhere, but neither will delusion...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join