It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd... NWO, MKULTRA, CIA, occultists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First of all, I LOVE PF!!!! They, in my most humble opinion, are the epitome of what a good rock band should be - thought provoking and inventive. I remember listening to my uncle playing Wish You Were Here when I was a young boy. Welcome to the Machine was my most favorite song at age 6!

I have an incredibly dificult time thinking that Floyd was part of the occult or part of the NWO. Their music does not seem at all in keeping with the mind control theories that abound with respect to either group. In fact, it is just the opposite. The Floyd was all about EXPANDING thought horizons and forcing people out of themselves to think about everyday issues in new and different ways. I look at them as modern day philosphers. Almost each and every album had an underlying theme that they were attempting to explore and share with the listener.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Totally agree with all you are saying..
Us and them to me has always meant, the believers against the unbelievers in esotericism.
Meet me on the dark side of the moon when you have totally gone insanse, tells me they 'knew' the grays have a safe place on the vack side of the moon..no debating this for me..I am positive..
The artwork shows me that they were aware of the meaning of the pyramids and what they mean, one side where the rainbow is, means seekers and the other side shows the vileness of how it is used?
I still have all my albums, will not update to CD's as one does not get the messaged unless they view album covers.
Anyone know the Mom's Apple Pie album history and Lynyrd Sknynrd flames album..this is off topic, not going to de-rail this thread..

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
David Gilmore lives not that far away from me.

Greatest album ever:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
...to "The Pink Floyd Story". Everyone, at least those of us who are true fans, knows that Roger Waters, the lyrical genius behind most of the Floyd's greatest songs, wrote the bulk of his music in tribute to his father, Eric Fletcher Waters, who was killed in WWII in January 1944 during the battle for the Anzio Beachhead just months after Roger was born. His entire battalion, The Royal Fusiliers Company C, was wiped out. That was the foundation for both The Wall (To chronicle Roger's continuing struggles with his father's death) and The Final Cut albums. The musical soliloquay "When the Tigers Broke Free" provided both the starting point for the Movie The Wall and the pathway to the Album The Final Cut, which was written and dedicated to his father's memory.

PINK FLOYD - When The Tigers Broke Free Lyrics
It was just before dawn
One miserable morning in black 'forty four.
When the forward commander
Was told to sit tight
When he asked that his men be withdrawn.
And the Generals gave thanks
As the other ranks held back
The enemy tanks for a while.
And the Anzio bridgehead
Was held for the price
Of a few hundred ordinary lives.

And old King George
Sent Mother a note
When he heard that father was gone.
It was, I recall,
In the form of a scroll,
With gold leaf and all.
And I found it one day
In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away.
And my eyes still grow damp to remember
His Majesty signed
With his own rubber stamp.

It was dark all around.
There was frost in the ground
When the tigers broke free.
And no one survived
From the Royal Fusiliers Company C.
They were all left behind,
Most of them dead,
The rest of them dying.
And that's how the High Command
Took my daddy from me.

For a detailed account of that bloody battle, visit: www.army.mil... and www.everything2.com...

Understanding this bit of history illuminates much of Pink Floyd's philosophical views of the world, life and our internal struggles.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For all of you fans out there... Visit this link www.pinkfloyd.co.uk... and then click on the Final Cut reissue icon and watch the two movies. Totally cool stuff. Warning: You'll need Quicktime to view! ENJOY!

PS> Turn up the volume!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
On the subject of Pink Floyd - awesome.. TO be honest I always thought they were warning us against the NWO, not promoting it.

On that site - very, very interesting stuff - I've reversed some of the tracks myself using original copies - it's true and pretty creepy!

EDIT:

There is a tribute band that goes around here in the UK called 'Think Floyd' - if you get the chance to go and see them - do it - they are damn good!

[edit on 1-11-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't want this thread to devolve into a Pink Floyd fanclub page.

I too love their music, but I want to try and stay on topic. Is there anyone who thinks that there is more to PF's music than simply a tune and some words? It is dark and moody. It deals with many themes such as power, money, control, war, the inevitability of death. Is this just because the members of Floyd or just Rogers were in tune with a certain "vibe" or current of thought? Or is it perhaps an intentional dabbling into sending out memes? Perhaps their lyrics are meant to place the listener into a mindset to "understand" their "place" in society and to begrudgingly accept it? Does anyone have any information that would tie PF to any figure in the CIA? And if PF is mostly about exposing TPTB, is there any evidence of trying to suppress them?

These are the topics I would like to explore here.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well you look at 'The Wall' and the lyrics 'All in all you're just another brick in the wall' and the issues it appears to address, yet (in the video anyway) they run and kick the wall down from what I can remember.. Seems to symbolise fighting it in my opinon, that's what I've always got from it.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
...I didn't think that I was "Devolving" the thread into a PF fan club. I was merely trying to point out some of the driving forces behind the music - the themes and the purpose. I think that too many of you are desperately trying to read into something that most likely doesn't exist... a conspiracy regarding the Floyd and their music. As I stated before, The Wall was written as a chronicle of Water's struggles over his father's death and his unresolved feelings about how that affected his life. Although Waters himself puts a little bit of a different spin on it in this 1977 interview: www.pinkfloyd-co.com... . Additionally, take this excerpt from another interview with Roger Waters in 1980, "Pink Floyd's singer-bassist-songwriter also spent a lot of time afterward brooding on what his fame had done to him and how he came to such a scary pass. He later spent a lot of time writing it all down in a series of brutally confessional emotionally graphic songs that eventually became Pink Floyd's multi-platinum seller The Wall. "

You can easily see that there is no hidden conspiracy behind their music. Plain and simply put it is an exploration into the nuances of life - specifically that of the band's and, moreover Roger Waters himself. Again, they are modern day philosophers who are pointing out the idiosyncracies of being human.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
oh yeah, well i just made this up:

waters, crazy rock star: i do/don't work for the illuminati/satan.

dr. gelding, Phd. of kookiness: we can't let you out yet, mr. waters. i'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi im a fan of both floyd and zep, they both have their own flavour althought i do prefer zeppelin. As concerning to floyds lyrics in connecting with the NWO i have to agree with others in saying that they are much more likely to be agaisnt it than with it as their lyrics in the wall and money dont really express the capitalistic beliefs of the west.
As for zeppelins connection to the occult, i have to say i have been intrested in this topics for a long time. Jimmy page was a big fan of crowley, as alot of people know. But insted of listening to the song lyrics of zeppelin i think people need more to listen to jimmys guitar solos.
If anything he would of hidden sytem wave lengths, or even messages in the way he plays the acturly guitar.
Reading some of crowleys stuff in the past, showed me that no redneck can pick up equinox and read it off hand. You had to have a decent knowledge to be able to read his works, and i think if jimmy was trying to pass on a message it would of been very complex. Not just song lyrics played backwards.
Also sidenote jimmy page's symbol, i would love someone who knows alot about alchemy symbols to try to tell me what it means. I tried lookings up occult and alchemy symbols to try to piece it together but i came up dry.
Anyway very intresting thread

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While I don't really feel that Pink Floyd was for or against the NWO or anything like that, I always felt like they were more of an observer in their music, just explaining things as they saw them. I think they were the first band I listed to as a kid that made me look around and think. Hey, maybe there is alot more going on than I am being told....Still a favorite of mine today.

If you want a good read, head over to Pink Floyd The Wall, A full Analysis It's an excellent read.

-DT

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Pink Floyd to me sounds like Kurt Vonnegut themes set to music. The aliteration is much different in a R&R kind of way. All artist are influenced by the culture they live in and some are prophetic like PF seems to be with their incredible perception of the "outsiders" human condition.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OK, PF gang..
This will blow your mind as it has mine..
I do not remember any links being posted on this..
Is there a connection between DSOTM and Wizard of Oz..?
Read, connect at your own risk..I am going to try this..

www.everwonder.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
pink floyd is the result of a musical genius and far too transcendant philosopher's childhood traumas. both rogers and waters had extremely traumatic childhoods thanks to growing up in WWII.

imagine a genius level intellect taking in all the horrors and futility of war in the formative years of childhood. the effect this had on waters was a head full of images and sounds he could not find an outlet for. the formation of the band was an attempt to release the graphic memories to a wider audience than himself, so he did not feel so alone in the unwanted underlying currents of war.

most normal intellects would file the realities away and believe what they were told by their superiors, but waters kept his thoughts to himself all through his childhood because anytime he wrote or spoke of them with his elders or teachers he was punished, hence the schoolhouse scene in the wall. there is absolutely no chance the floyd were a part of any conspiracy by any government sponsored or even government approved agency. towards the end of the wall, the character of pink (which was only semi-biographical) descends into madness and becomes a faceless robot in the all encompassing political "machine". in one of his drug induced visions it even blatantly shows his vision of himself as faceless. the reason waters finally left the band is because he felt he WAS going mad, all the things he raged against in his music were becoming his reality thanks to the constant observation that stardom brought.

in stead of being an outlet for his pain, it became its own pain. Also....i have done the darkside of the moon/wizard of OZ thing and i cannot believe what my eyes and ears saw. to be able to even conceive of such perfect parralells is mind blowing, i can't imagine it being coincidence. even the themes of the lyrics seem to match up with whatever portion of the movie you are watching. utter genius. there never has been, nor will there ever be another band that can come close to the trancendant genius of pink floyd.

mod edit: syntax

[edit on 1-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My understanding is that a lot of rock-and-roll beats are based on Druidic rhythms.

I don't know how many people have heard of this one missionary. He was in Africa or somewhere, and he'd brought some rock records back from America. The Christian natives pointed out to him that that was the same beat they used to use to call up demons. I wish I knew the name of the missionary so I know it's not an urban legend.

I generally try to avoid rock music altogether. I seldom if ever listen to the radio. I just copy songs onto tape (which I think is okay because I'm not selling the tapes), or plug a CD player into my van's tape deck. I even have a praise music CD in the CD changer in my husband's car--one slot for me, three for him.

One time my husband dragged me into Hot Topic at the mall, and they had death metal or some other noise blaring in there...and it made me REALLY upset. That kind of "music" has that effect on me. I literally cannot stand it.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
OK, PF gang..
This will blow your mind as it has mine..
I do not remember any links being posted on this..
Is there a connection between DSOTM and Wizard of Oz..?
Read, connect at your own risk..I am going to try this..

www.everwonder.com...

I tried that about 10 years ago, back in college. It's worth checking out. Creepy to say the least.

A couple of interesting points:

This only works if you have a CD on repeat, starting at the third MGM lion roar. The CD almost plays twice all the way through by the time the film is over.

The interesting part is that the album was made eons before even the auto-reverse cassette deck. Pretty much says it's a hoax thought up by some stoned teenager, right?

Check out the cover of the Pulse CD. You can see Dorothy, the Tin Man and the Scarecrow in the eye's reflection. Maybe they meant it after all.

I remember hearing something about the statue's eyes on the Division Bell cover, but I can't seem to find anything about it. Anybody?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Pink Floyd was not as bad as Mr. Black Sabbath regarding strange messages in music.

Actually, I can´t see any NWO or occultism in Pink Floyd at all.
They were hippies.

Actually, the fact they were hippies means they were into many alternative views of life, including spirituality and the occult.
For the record, the occult does NOT mean evil and satanic....more like not mainstream and hidden for common view.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't think they're occultists in the sense of wanting people to follow them or anything.

I think this is a public misconception.
Believing or practicing occult ideas doesn't mean one wishes to prosletyze.
You'd be suprised the number of people on ATS and in everyday life who believe/practice the occult....

[edit on 4-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
I don't want this thread to devolve into a Pink Floyd fanclub page.

I too love their music, but I want to try and stay on topic. Is there anyone who thinks that there is more to PF's music than simply a tune and some words?

I think many of the groups of that era performed music with anti-establishment themes.
Hey, it WAS the sixties after all. And the government and anyone over 30 was not to be trusted.
This was way before NWO was mainstream and just shortly after President Eisenhower warned of the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex. (Boy, it sure freaked me out to know a staid republican such as Eisenhower was worried about the military-industrial complex...and not just all the hippies and anti-vietnam crowd
)

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It should be noted that if your going to try and make a case against Led Zeppelin as Satanists then "Nobodys fault but mine" is a poor example as it's a traditional blues tune and the lyrics come entirly from that old tradtional song. I have a couple or recordings around here somewhere of older versions but no way to host them. Also there is no way Robert Plant is singing about Satans toolshed in stairway to heaven. I could see where you could hear Satan, but the rest of that? Give me a break. There are several songs that make much better examples of Zeppelins occult dabblings.
There is a book at this link www.cuttingedge.org... that has the first chapter available to be read in PDF and it is very intersting. I personally feel that most of it is kooky Christian right stuff, but an excellent read non the less. It's not even that the author makes a weak case, it's just I could care less if the guys from Zeppeilin percieved themselves to be Satans minions.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join