It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd... NWO, MKULTRA, CIA, occultists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What is the deal with Pink Floyd? Are they occultists? Were they part of an elaborate scheme during the psychadelic 60s to forge new ground in mind control? Why do their songs/lyrics seem to lay out a NWO type of conspiracy? Welcome to the Machine, I am looking for out-there theories that could tie one of the biggest rock bands of all time into the bigger picture. I have always had this nagging feeling that there is "more" to this band than meets the eye. Has anyone already researched this subject. If so, please post material here!

Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes I often wonder about their lyrics...

Money...it's a crime

Time....

and of course my favourite, that you mentioned, that when I am piddled off with the world the way it is I play at full boar and rock the neighbours windows....Welcome to the machine ..indeed...

interesting idea. Were they against it or for it...only the lyrics can tell... .

Pink Floyd did more for waking me up about the real state of affairs than any other singular object or person or idea. As a teen 15 year old I remember many a night keeping company with Tim O'leary and listening to Floyd lyrics and recording in my journal my thoughts and ideas on the world and people in it. I read those journals back to myself now and can't believe I wrote it and how astute the writings were back then and how I was right and also how nothngs changed except to get worse, to be chained further and our spirit trapped firmly within the new world order.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the machine.

yes the lyrics are certainly holding an undercurrent of NWO to it.

In other threads in ATS Skunkworks people have spoken of a universal consciousness and of people dreaming about things and then inventing them. There is certainly something being said there by Floyd.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Dark Side of The Moon--space station
Is anybody in there---the overall insanity
Pigs----The ptb, greed, secrets
A Saucerful of Secrets--Sid Barret last one.. a lot of instrumentel but good lyrics too..Whole album is suggestive..from ummaguma first...
Cirrus minor---Obe, AP
Astronomy Domine--Knowledge of the Cosmos.

This enough to start this thread,, why not other add on to the list?
Best mixed music ever done--My son--sound engineer..

PS--Did anyone see them re-unite in convert for katrina in UK?
The old lads still got it...

PS--I find it very telling that ALL of their sound effects are REAL, nothing mad up like screams, helicopters..etc
Perhaps they are all just evolved souls, discounting Sid because his soul was too fragile to learn all the wisdom from Waters and Gilmour.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't think they're occultists in the sense of wanting people to follow them or anything. I know a lot of people do love them and have, at one time or another almost 'worshipped' them, but I don't think it's by their wish or anything.

I think their lyrics pointed out flaws and dangers in the path of mankind that are being realized today. I think they might point to an NWO type situation with the purpose of warning against it.

I also think The Wall (late 70s) has a lot of eerie commonalities with the world situation today.

Complete Analsys of The Wall Lyrics

And if you haven't seen Pulse, please, please rent it and turn it up!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with Mayet, If Floyd have anything to do with TPTB, they're against them. Their lyrics come across as a wake-up call from many elements of life and the illusions of the world.

As far as occult dabblings go, Led Zeppelin is one of the favourite contenders. Jimmy Page's fascination with Aleister Crowley is well-known. He purchased Crowley's mansion and they lived and produced a few records there, including the fourth album with no name, just occult-looking symbols on it. I remember as a teenager playing Zep records backwards to listen to the backwards masking.

You can listen to Stairway to Heaven backwards here (warning...very spooky):

jeffmilner.com...

"Oh, here's to my sweet Satan.
The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.
He'll give those with him 666.
There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan.
"

(Somtimes the flash file won't load with FF, so try it in IE if it doesn't work).

Later in their career when they were making what was to be their last album, the band started having bad things happen to them, including Robert Plant and his wife being seriously injured in a car accident, and culminating in the death of drummer John Bonham (who went the way of many a rock star and choked on his own vomit). Some have surmised that the band was paying for their occult dabblings and were cursed somehow.

A couple of the songs from that last album:

Nobody's Fault But Mine
Nobody's fault but mine,
Nobody's fault but mine,
Try to save my soul to light,
It's nobody's fault but mine

Devil, he told me to roll,
The Devil, he told me to roll,
How to roll, but not collide,
It's nobody's fault but mine.

Brother, he showed me the gong,
My brother, he showed me the ding-dong,
How to kick that gong to light,
Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine.

That monkey on my back,
The monkey on my back,
Gonna change my ways to light,
Nobody's fault but mine.

Achilles' Last Stand
It was an April mornin' when they told us we should go
and as I turned to you, you smiled at me
How could we say no?
Oh, the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Oh, the songs to sing when we'd at last return again

Swept New York a glancing kiss to those who claim they know
Below the streets that steam and hiss, the devil's in his hold
Oh, to sail away to sandy lands and other days
Oh, to touch the dream that hides inside and is never seen.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
if you watch the wall movie with your tinfoil hat on, you will see that the wall is the corporation(royalty/military/industrialist/'health'/media/education). if i remember the fascist flag has a two headed PHOENIX on it.
welcome to the machine was the emotional response of being subsumed by it. that is, the big record company enviroment was a real life experience of the shock of going from a completely free creative enviroment, to one stifled by suits and roundtables.

'pink' knew about the pyramid system. i think 'pink's' tinfoil hat is made of gold now. for or against is almost irrelevent, in my eyes(although, i think, 'against', too).

this conspiracy radio host in toronto, "spaceman, gary bell"(who is worth tuning into saturday nights on mojo640am over the web) said he met mick jagger backstage at their kickoff private industry show(at the PHOENIX club, in t.o.), and they spoke.
spaceman said that mick said, 'i listen to your show. it's very good. keep up the good work.'(not verbatim, i'm VAGUELY remembering what 'space' said.)

spaceman is all over it. he would kick arse around here, if he were here. illuminati arse. he's always talking about the satanists who run the world. and his research is AMAZING! i don't agree with everything he says, but hey, i've been wrong before. anyway, he really focuses on the CFR/ROTHSCHILDS/ROCKERFELLAS/HOUSE OF WINDSOR/HAPSBURGS/HAARP/ILLUMINATI/NUMEROLOGY/MASONRY/ANCIENT MYSTERY RELIGION(egyptian) etc.

so, spaceman says, "well mick. what's the one song of yours that you feel has the most relevance to you?".
and mick says, "sympathy for the devil".

[edit on 31-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

jeffmilner.com...

That is really strange^^^(Above link), Im enjoying this thread, and the Wizard of Oz+Dark Side of the Moon!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think, that all of the messages conserning Satan in songs could be because they sold there soul to Satan in order to become rich and prosperouse and so theres a message in each song?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Dark Side of The Moon--space station
Is anybody in there---the overall insanity

Is Anybody in there? You mean comfortably numb? I heard comfortably numb actually talked about someone gettign the flu and then the flu shot. If you listen carefully it makes sense.

Dark Side of the Moon?? A space station? It's about life; money, time, brain damage (insanity), the great gig in the sky(death andheaven), Shine on You crazy Diamond (tribute to syd barret who went insane)

[edit on 10/31/05 by cpr12r]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just dug out all my Floyd tunes and was again ASTOUNDED by the whole of Ummagama..
Thanks for the link to zep, I was going to have STH played when I die, now I am gonna choose a Floyd or Dylan song.
I noticed the hellish voice sounds on the last Zep offering, did not connect it until now, like B.Sabbath would tell it's audience that they were hell-bound and then display the GIANT silver crosses thay had made of pure silver on their chests, but Ozzy admitted thet were not working..
This is a fascinating thread, many thanks to the original Poster.informatu.

Billy

Thanks for the personal feelings on what song was best by sell-out Jagger.

PS: Did anyone connect the NO flood to When the Levee Breaks by zep?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A Saucerful of Secrets has some amazing songs. The one with lyrics about the UFO landing at Mildenhall is pretty cool. I don't think these guys were anything occult or secret, etc. Just really tuned in. Pink Floyd = my favorite band.

-koji K.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
A Saucerful of Secrets has some amazing songs. The one with lyrics about the UFO landing at Mildenhall is pretty cool. I don't think these guys were anything occult or secret, etc. Just really tuned in. Pink Floyd = my favorite band.

-koji K.

Agree,!!! that is one reason I could not understand the division of Roger and David.
I listened to a 25th anniversary interview with Roger, and the man is a genius..over 4 hours..
Seems he will not comment on why the separation, but he intimitated that it was David who chose to stay away from him..
Wonder why we are dis-cussing only UK groups? They are more interesting..

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There´s something fishy about Pink Floyd indeed...
Check this out. Here´s a part from the "Grantchester Meadows" song from the Ummagumma album :

Grantchester Meadows

Icy wind of night be gone this is not your domain
In the sky a bird was heard to cry.
Misty morning whisperings and gentle stirring sounds
Belie the deathly silence that lay all around.

Hear the lark harken to the barking of the dark fox
Gone to ground.
See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water.
And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees
Laughing as it passes through the endless summer
Making for the sea.

In the lazy water meadow I lay me down.
All around me golden sun flakes settle on the ground.
Basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon
Bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

And then of course there is the song "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" (that´s the title of the song)... What is that all about? A Masons meeting?

Pink Floyd is the greatest band ever

mod edit, to fix BB code for green

[edit on 4-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hel;

Great observation, the vocals in this album is awesome.
Think of how young this group was in 1968?
IMHO, one either loves or hates Pink, no in between, when I listened closely to the several species of animals in the park, the voice was etheral..
To me, as an avid Dylan fan, he and PF are/were born plugged in to the awesome Universe, not negative in any way.
Yes, that could have been an Alice in Wonderland clan-masonry-secret society meeting, do not even closely think it was animals.
hid

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
What is the deal with Pink Floyd? Are they occultists?

from Dictionary.com
3. Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore.
4. Hidden from view; concealed.

I guess you could say they are. I think they were a bunch of talented young individuals trying to understand the world around them and express that through their music. In trying to examine universal concepts (such as they did), you'll inevitably cross paths with subjects that "resonate" with other existing concepts/theories. So, if their considered occultists, maybe it's more by synchronicity then direct intent.

Maybe they're more like psychic amplifiers of the collective unconcious/universal mind ?

I'm surprised no one's mentioned holophonic sound. They were one band that was always on the bleeding edge of technology, from the early use of samplers (the Mellotron, analog tape based) to the use of holophonics on the final cut. what is holophonics?

Developed in the 1980s by Hugo Zuccarelli, Holophonic Sound uses the same “multiple exposure” premise as that used to create holographic images (“holograms”). Holophonic Sound is produced by recording the interference pattern generated when the original recorded signal is combined with an inaudible digital reference signal. The recorded sound produced is so realistic, some people claim they can smell sulphur when they listen to a holophonic recording of someone striking a match! It appears that Holophonic Sound waves stimulate our brains to reproduce very realistic and truly three dimensional sound within us, thereby stimulating other corresponding responses that our brains expect to accompany the sound, (like scents or other sensations). Even more interesting is the fact that researchers report that some hearing impaired people can “hear” Holophonic Sound

Link

from From Sounds "Guitar Heroes", #9 May 1983
DS: Can you tell me a bit about this Holophonic sound on the new album?

DG: There's some of it on this album. We really didn't have the time or energy to really do it justice on this record, I don't think. It is a system that works best on headphones. It works best on the Sony, the little Walkman type headphones. It's good on other headphones, and it does work to a certain extent on speakers. The type of sound effects and things you hear on the record are very realistic, they sound better and more realistic because of it but you don't get all the things that you get with it on headphones.

If you listen on point source speakers or time aligned speakers it works better than it does on the type of speakers that most people have on their hi-fi's these days, which are two or three way speakers which aren't time aligned and unfortunately the phase shift between the different speaker units in a cabinet tends to destroy part of the effect. On some of the demonstration stuff that I've heard from it, on Walkman headphones, it's quite astounding. You probably know the dummy head stereo..."

No

Well, there's a dummy head thing that Neumann and Sennheiser used to make - a dummy head microphone thing, where you just have a head with microphones in, and if you listen back to stuff recorded on that on headphones, you actually get all-round sound. But this one does all-round sound and up and down and all sorts of strange stuff.

It has a dynamic thing as well, where it affects the dynamics and you can have things that appear to your brain to be fantastically loud, but they're not moving the needles very loud at all. It's not actually a loud sound on the tape,but your brain thinks it is. The secret of this Holophonic thing is that it actually fools your brain; it's not what is actually on the tape or on the record, that isn't all of it - it's actually making a reaction with your brain; it's very hard to explain but it alters how you perceive the sound.

Link

The whole subject of holophonics and why it's so little heard of desrves a thread of it's own. Hint: it's probably got to do with those new crowd control sound devices the U.S. gov't have recently been demonstrating.....

Were they part of an elaborate scheme during the psychadelic 60s to forge new ground in mind control?

Well, they're generally associated with conciousness expanding activities so I'd have to say prob. not, whether or not they were co-opted is another question. Now Grand Funk, there's a band that it could be said were a mind control experiment gone awry. To qoute from their song All the girls in the world beware:
"I got dark brown stains in my underwear...
chorus:
All the girls in the world beware,
Grand Funk is everywhere....."

I kid you not

Good thread

------------------------------
Some holophonics links:
Holophonic sound demo
Info on holophonics (fairly old)
The Holographic Universe

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Pink Floyd is the greatest band ever

that is a subjective statement to which i agree.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
I think they were a bunch of talented young individuals trying to understand the world around them and express that through their music.

I understand this, but to what extent, Floyd was, a little cRaZy (In a sort of beutifle insperational way)? And I wonder that if he was in anyway possesed even a little, that could be why there were strange messages in his music. Such as many other bands, mabey they sold there soul to the devil and so its like a marking.

[edit on 1/11/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Surrealist

And I wonder that if he was in anyway possesed even a little, that could be why there were strange messages in his music.

Pink Floyd was not as bad as Mr. Black Sabbath regarding strange messages in music.

Actually, I can´t see any NWO or occultism in Pink Floyd at all.
They were hippies.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I really enjoy a debate centered on the one band who had such a huge impact on my young life. I always felt like I learned something as a child listening to Pink Floyd. I still own the original vhs of THE WALL that I purchased the first day they went on sale.

It is threads like this that keep me coming back. Thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I guess what started me thinking about this concept was the cover of "Dark Side of the Moon":

There definitely seems to be an occult/illuminati slant to these images. This could just be a fascination, or the band trying to infuse some "deeper meaning" into their cover art. I think one of the most interesting songs on this album is "US and Them"

"...And the General sat, and the lines on the map
moved from side to side
Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up and down
And in the end its only round and round and round
Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
the poster bearer cried (

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join