It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd... NWO, MKULTRA, CIA, occultists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
no, they were searching for answers the same as the rest of us - in one song they made a good point - together we stand, divided we fall...from the album the wall i believe

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You better stay home and do what you’re told

Stay out of the road, if you want to grow old.

Seems to me that PF were very aware of the PTB and their propensity to do away with the famous that send the wrong messages.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
What is the deal with Pink Floyd? Are they occultists? Were they part of an elaborate scheme during the psychadelic 60s to forge new ground in mind control? Why do their songs/lyrics seem to lay out a NWO type of conspiracy? Welcome to the Machine, I am looking for out-there theories that could tie one of the biggest rock bands of all time into the bigger picture. I have always had this nagging feeling that there is "more" to this band than meets the eye. Has anyone already researched this subject. If so, please post material here!

Thanks in advance

There's definitely more to Pink Floyd than meets the eye. I'm not convinced of any NWO scheme, but I was deeply involved with the 'Publius Enigma' event that the band planned near the release of The Division Bell and later around their Live8 performance. If you would like to know more please U2U.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Grantchester Meadows

Icy wind of night be gone this is not your domain
In the sky a bird was heard to cry.
Misty morning whisperings and gentle stirring sounds
Belie the deathly silence that lay all around.

Hear the lark harken to the barking of the dark fox
Gone to ground.
See the splashing of the kingfisher flashing to the water.
And a river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees
Laughing as it passes through the endless summer
Making for the sea.

In the lazy water meadow I lay me down.
All around me golden sun flakes settle on the ground.
Basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon
Bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

To me, these lyrics evoke images of Grail legends. The first stanza describes the barren kingdom of King Arthur. In the second, we have the kingfisher = fisher kings. The river beneath the trees is the Underground Stream of hermetic knowledge.
In the third stanza we have the 'water meadow.' Water is an integral part of Grail legend, especially water (fountain, small lake) surrounded by dense forest or meadow. The is where we get Lady of the Lake, or the House del Acqs, or du Lac, as in Lancelot du Lac. Acqs is the medieval derivative of the Latin aquae, meaning water.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
for more secret communiques - read the lyrics for Styx Sweet Madam Blue. and other songs also contain information about America.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"Comfortably Numb" plays at my work about every other day. It really seems to allude to MK-Ultra (alluding to the feeling one gets after electroshock torture and then reprogramming). This would provide a really good explanation for band member/s going "crazy."

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

why did you mention that song several species of animals? it is the song that prompted me to question if floyd may be into the occult and interested in working sigil magick on listeners. that song tripped me out

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm currently of the opinion that my all-time favourite Floyd song is one of their most obscure: "Wots...uh the Deal":

Heaven sent the promised land
Looks alright from where I stand
Cause I'm the man on the outside looking in

Waiting on the first step
Show where the key is kept
Point me down the right line because it's time

To let me in from the cold
Turn my lead into gold
Cause there's chill wind blowing in my soul
And I think I'm growing old

... Source

On one level, it describes a theme of spiritual and intellectual progress or enlightenment. It's obvious that either Waters or Gilmour (or, more likely, both) are familiar with alchemical themes (the "turn my lead into gold" line).

It blends those ideas so well with the more common Floyd theme of containment, both internally and externally projected and applied.

If Floyd is indeed "just another rock band" (as another poster opined), I wish all bands would write songs of such density. Their guitar work is beautiful, too.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
PinkFloyd is the 23 enigma......please, research this yourself.
Tell me i'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Try recording it and playing it backwards at 3 different speeds...it is about unnatural (hetero and homosexual) sex and lust, and punishment in Hell for being too environmentalist (Sierra Club) and not caring enough about humanity...there is also a veiled reference to his father's death mentioned in Free Four (Obscured By Clouds) "He was buried like a mole in a foxhole and everyone's still on the run"

P.S. I was having a discussion last week on the newsgroup Alt.Music.Pink-Floyd (AMP-F) discussing the Enigma, and the subject I brought up was the Iran Contra Affair

..and what a coincidence! The anti-troll/spam key word for submitting this post is "irancontra" no kidding! I just did a screencapture to prove it.

-mmddll

I'll send some soundclips of the backwards "Several Species of Small Furry Animals"

They know very well about the NWO, but won't admit it (they are on the inside looking out, which is what "The Gold It's In The..." is all about

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

For me it was always 'Cirrus Minor'.

In regards to your other post, Anonymous (gee, you sure do have a lot of opinions!), do you think that's where the 'Pink' in the band's name came from? What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I always imagined that little "spat" that Waters and Gilmour had/have with each other was something along the lines of.. you know.. touting off and laying down the somber aspects of the People as victims of the PTB .. the machine of society etc..and actually "seeing" how it all operates..oppresses the soul etc..etc..

then they blew up .. having the number one selling album at some time or another (dark side of the moon)

obviously having that kind of success brings a certain amount of attention from certain people.
a cocktail party or two? lil' rubbing of shoulders with certain connected people? nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

possibly one of them got deep into the other side and the people deeply into it.. and tried to explain it all to the other member .. as .. you know.. "a type of necessary thing that was good for humanity.. that was needed etc.. "balance" (sometimes I am torn between thinking that and the opposite)... and the other being consequently disgusted with the thought.

i just always had this kind of feeling about that long drawn out band-breaking-up spat they had... that it had something to do with what I just described.

-

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Well, maybe; I hadn't thought of that before.

But I always thought it was because Gilmour and Waters, both great artists, had different musical techniques. In my opinion, with Water, the message that the music carries is the art, and what the creative direction is pointed at; with Gilmour, the music itself expresses the impact, and the 'message' it's built upon, need only be honest and truthful, not necessarily profound.

The contrast here would be between Waters' "Watching TV", and Gilmour's "Coming Back to Life". Both incredible songs. But with a different motivational technique as far as how you would actually create such a song, but somehow, both reaching the same overall level of art, from different directions.

I can understand how collaborating, with such different techniques, could be hard. And while I admire Waters' idealism/angst, I think there's a very good point to be observed: at the time, the band was still playing 'Money', at every concert, because the fans demanded it: and not because everyone loved the subtle irony of the song.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Are ppl really this retarded? Pink Floyd is a band. I seriously doubt there is a conspiracy behind their music and even if there is, who the hell cares? Do you possess your mind or not? I like pink floyd but don't worship the devil or fall for the bull# that is our government. I listen to them with the full knowledge that they are a band and their music is just that....... music that *I* interpret however I choose to interpret it.

All this mind control bs is just that....... bs. If you actually believe that others can control your mind, then you deserve nothing less than what you think.

*love the songs "hey you" and "comfortably numb"*

[edit on 18-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
DOGS OF WAR i think is as closer to the NWO than you think

Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we dont discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters dont know the web we weave

One world, its a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world ... one world

Invisible transfers, long distance calls,
Hollow laughter in marble halls
Steps have been taken, a silent uproar
Has unleashed the dogs of war
You cant stop what has begun
Signed, sealed, they deliver oblivion
We all have a dark side, to say the least
And dealing in death is the nature of the beast

One world ... one world

The dogs of war dont negotiate
The dogs of war wont capitulate,
They will take and you will give,
And you must die so that they may live
You can knock at any door,
But wherever you go, you know theyve been there before
Well winners can lose and things can get strained
But whatever you change, you know the dogs remain.

One world ... one world

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

I can see your point ST, but if you listen to "On the Turning Away" (same album), you will discover a message for the masses that is uplifting and compassionate for those who are suffering. David Gilmour nails it.

I have more info. On the Enigma, as I was briefly involved with Pink Floyd from the inside around the Live8 gig. Ill do my best to answer any questions if you have any.

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we wont understand
Dont accept that whats happening
Is just a case of others suffering
Or youll find that youre joining in
The turning away

Its a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that were all alone
In the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerized as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change
On the wings of the night

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
Its not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that therell be
No more turning away?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Pink Floyd and Disney at it again, want to see Alice in Wonderland(Wonder Alice Land / (W A L?) 2?

www.youtube.com/user/zausuaz

If you cant see it dont bother, if you can, well...

Weird world eh?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From the Journal of Emergency Medicine: "De Novo Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation: Pink Floyd's Song "Brick in the Wall" as a Warning Sign." 2009 Aug 12

Here

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on Pink Floyd, but I have researched the Beatles-Illuminati connection. I believe the fake Paul was used to push the MKULTRA '___' drug agenda for TPTB. After Faul gave the famous June 1967 '___' interview, "the whole world went crazy," according to George Harrison. I believe '___' & other drugs were used to hi-jack the anti-war movement & to control society. Was PF used to promote drug use? Was Syd Barrett a victim of this?

According to Tim Willis, Barrett's biographer, there were stories of Barrett being locked in cupboards by hangers-on and dark rumours he was being fed, without his knowledge, daily '___' doses by "friends". Gilmour would later say: "Syd didn't need encouraging. If drugs were going, he'd take them by the shovelful."

www.treesandthings.com...

These links might help put some pieces together:

MK-ULTRA & the '60's "counter-culture"
plasticmacca.blogspot.com...

Tavistock Institute & social conditioning

Entertainment industry & mass manipulation

The Illuminati & the Beatles

Illuminati, Intell, & the Beatles