It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most haunted - "its a fake"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What is TAPS, i have heard of it alot in this site. Is it just shown in America as I have never seen it in Ireland

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
What is TAPS, i have heard of it alot in this site. Is it just shown in America as I have never seen it in Ireland

I'm not sure if you get it there - but the program name here is "Ghost Hunters" it is on the SciFi channel TAPS is the organization that the people work from in Rhode Island.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yea, "Ghost Hunters" is great because we know they're not sensationalizing what they do. They'll go on a hunt or two every eposide, and if they don't find something, they say 'ok what's next'. Where as "most haunted" is heavy dramatics. Don't get me wrong, i was a huge fan of the show, every friday night i was in front of my tv watching derek and yevette. But after a while, you sort of had to stop and say, "why is everyone screaming, the makeup girl just dropped a hair brush?" They really were spreading it on too thick. "Ghost Hunters" is just more professional which gives them (and the viewer) more space to come to their own conclusion over the findings. Plus, profanity is amusing in moderation, But the most haunted crew sound like a bunch of truckers at a roadside bar.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I found this on BBCnews site

Ghost show cleared of deception
Ghost show Most Haunted has been cleared of fraud by TV watchdog Ofcom, following complaints of deception.

Viewers complained that the Living TV show, featuring "psychic" Derek Acorah, deceived the public by claiming to find evidence of paranormal activity.

But Ofcom ruled that Most Haunted was an entertainment show, not a legitimate investigation into the paranormal, and should not be taken seriously.

Most Haunted, presented by Yvette Fielding, is now in its sixth series.

Spin-off show Most Haunted Live was also investigated, following the complaints.

Ofcom ruled that the TV show contains "a high degree of showmanship that puts it beyond what we believe to be a generally accepted understanding of what comprises a legitimate investigation".

"On balance, we consider that overall Most Haunted/Most Haunted Live should be taken to be a programme produced for entertainment purposes.

"This is despite what appear to be occasional assertions by the programme that what viewers are witnessing is real."

"As such this programme should be seen in the light of shows where techniques are used which mean the audience is not necessarily in full possession of the facts."

A Touch of Frost, starring the recently knighted Sir David Jason, was criticised for an episode which showed the brutal murder of a mother and her daughter before the watershed.

"The sinister build-up in the family home, the attack on the mother and the images of her bloodied body were all potentially disturbing elements, particularly to children," concluded the monthly Ofcom report.

However, Channel 4 prank show Balls of Steel, which drew 71 complaints from viewers, was cleared of breaching programme guidelines.

The show came to public attention when the film crew squirted Hollywood star Tom Cruise with water at the London premiere of War of the Worlds.

Story from BBC NEWS:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2005/12/05 15:48:26 GMT

© BBC MMVI

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Slightly off topic here, I went to see Most Haunted Live a few years ago as I was a huge fan. I paid rather a lot for tickets for myself and my brother and drove for 4 hours. When we arrived we were directed to sit in a large tent outside of the abbey where the show was taking place. We basically had to watch the show on a tv screen while a selected few were taken in to sit in the 'audience'. The whole thing appeared to be a mock-up, we couldnt even see the supposed haunted abbey. We sat in the tent surrounded by burger vans for an hour or so. Nothing could of been less haunted! We left in disgust, along with many others who felt ripped off. Needless to say I haven't watched it since because what they show on the tv is complete fiction.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To be honest I find it hard to believe that anyone could believe this show is genuine.

The typical episode consists of:

> Scary story to get audience into the mood.
> Camera with a light/green tint pretending to be nightvision.
> Presenters hearing/seeing things but not caught on camera.
> A supposed psychic babbling to camera all throughtout.

Then in later episodes the psychic starts getting possessed nearly all the time.

I don't think it takes a genious to work out that this show is for "entertainment purposes" only, lets face it if it were genuine then hardly anything at all would happen in the few short hours that they are "investigating".

The only real thing I think the people behind the show are interested in is making money, I soon got sick of the constant "text us" messages appearing at £1p per text or something ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've lost interest in this show after realizing for myself that it was obviously over dramatic and fake. If ANYBODY experienced poltergeist activity especially multiple occurance as displayed throughout the season, it would be widely known.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Anyone who believes Most Haunted is 100% real needs to take a reality check!

I am a paranormal Investigator with a very well respected group and trust me - it's a load of bull.

Unfortunatley some people are gullible enough to believe it all.

I'm not saying that all of it is fake but I would put my house on 90% of it being made up.

I think there should be an announcement before the show is aired that it is an entertainment programme and nothing more.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Iv'e never seen the show "TAPS" yet so I can only speculate.

If Im not mistaken, TAPS is the name of the organization, not the show. I think it is called "Ghost Hunters". It is on the Sci-fi channel. I agree that they are more believable by far because they try to rule out all possible logical explanations first- always try to recreate the reported paranormal events themselves as part of the investigation process. There is no drama for the sake of ratings. The investigation itself is interesting enough, IMO, to keep me watching. I dont get the channel where I live so I do miss out on that show.

edited for ghastly typos

[edit on 26-5-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by decidedlyundecided

TAPS don't seem to understand the scientific method. They'll never, ever get any evidence the paranormal community could use to study, simply because they don't control their environment, and they don't use their instruments correctly.

The fact they had a "demonologist" on their team for a while certainly doesn't help. Neither do their comments on theories of ghost manifestation, EVP, orbs, etc. - they're regurgitating baseless assertions, made by people who've conducted absolutely no scientific tests.

TAPS is one of the best examples of pseudoscience I've ever seen on TV. They use phrases like EMF but clearly have no idea what's going on.

Not to mention the MASSIVE conflict of interest a show like that raises - I doubt it'd be on air if they never found anything, and then we have the suspicious moving-chair-in-the-lighthouse incident, and the strange-ghost-wearing-a-black-sheet-and-sneakers in Eastern State Penitentiary.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think the most heinous thing these paranormal shows that are allegedly faked can do is hoodwink the owners and employees who have entrusted TAPS, et al to run an investigation.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian_Queen

Charlatans of any description are disgusting - ones that prey on emotional people are the worst. And if they do it purely for a TV show, then they're sick in the head.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

If you have watched the show for more than 2 episodes you would realize that they DO NOT belive that orbs are good evidence, EVP's unless answering a direct question are not good evidence, and aparitions and film anomalies (including thermal hits) are routinely ruled out by the team. Stop the "if they are on TV they are hacks", crap. You CANNOT use a complete scientific method when dealing with unknown variables. Noises, objects moving without presence etc., and shadow/aparitions that are caught on film that CANNOT be chalked up to hoaxing, needs to be examined. People like you that dismiss things out of hand BECAUSE they are on the TV only serve to hamper the chain of evidence. The fact that they have a demonologist on the team means SQUAT. So because they have a dowser, a demonologist , a psychic, etc. ...that the team is full of it? I am of the same mind frame you are...I WANT PROOF...but you nor I, know the extent or possibilities of the human mind nor the afterlife , so open your narrow mindedness and tkae in as much INFO THEN make your decision.Not to mentionthat scientific method could NEVER prove the exitence of paranormal activity.EVER! This is becasue it does not allow for things outside of KNOWN scientific methodoligies to be tested or to be real.

P.S. Most Haunted IS FAKE!....lol

[edit on 26-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayet

Ciaran O'Keefe is a man.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not to mention.. why don't we see the 'real scientists' out there investigating? that's right.. because none of them can be bothered because to them it's mostly fake and there's a logical explanation for it all, leaving people who have experienced things unexplainable to do their best with what they have in the hope of making it an established science.

If only real scientists would show an interest in an ongoing investigation, we'd be set, but they don't.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i think most haunted is fake.
my mum is anavid fan and watches every episode and every live event.

i just find it suspicous when the same two men get hurt /attacked/possessed and when ever any one gets 'attack' they never catch it on film.
also when ever there is anything gets moved the camera always seems to only show some of the object or furniture.

its all a show and its amazing how anyone who works on there is related to yvette like her husband and his friend who always seems to be the attacked or possessed now derek has left.hmmm

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

If you take a look at the LIVE Most Haunted Show you will see a structure to it! you will see that around 21:30 there will be some kind of activity.. etc it is all planned and structured to the clock! Its all planned and its quite boring really! I dont quite understand how so many people find it interesting to watch its so predictable!!

But i guess it gets people to watch Living TV which puts the ratings up so every one carry on watching!!!! Personally I cant stand watching it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join