It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnia: Jihadist Incubator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Balkans is turning into a real breeding ground for Islamic Extremist. Loose borders, security, and plenty of available weaponry have turned the area into prime terrorist spawning grounds.

Newest news from the region:

'Suicide Bombers'held in Bosnia

Security has been stepped up at embassies and foreign agencies in Bosnia following the arrest of two men accused of planning a suicide attack.
The two individuals, who have been detained under anti-terrorism laws, are being held in Sarajevo.

One of them is said to have recorded a video reciting Islamic prayers which may have been intended to be found following his death.

They were arrested last week but details are only now emerging.

'Capable partner'

The two men hold Swedish and Turkish citizenship but are believed to have originally come from the former Yugoslavia.

According to sources close to the investigation, they were carrying explosives at the time.

Weapons and other military equipment were found at premises linked to the men.

Related stories and threads:
www.jihadwatch.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I fear we will start to see more and more terrorism originating from this region. Surprisingly you don’t hear much government opinion about the Balkans and terrorism.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You've already banged your fist on that podium:The Balkans: International magnet for jihadists

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This Skippy guy is starting to scare me!! is this all he does is just get sites with titles on terrorist, looks like someone needs freinds or needs to get out of the house once in a while.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
we just want our god dam freedom, Iran use to have 220 million people before the revolution along with so many people from different countrys, after that we ended up with 80 million and now alot of countrys lost inrerest in us.

LMAO dude skippy whats up with your signature??? Iran only had 30million before the revolution!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nygdan,

Your right, but this has some follow-up and new data. One of the links I provided at the bottom covers a related story I posted previously. But there is enough new stuff here for a new thread I figured. I seriously think this region is highly neglected in discussions regarding terrorism and extremism.

Banged my fists...

[edit on 24-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
This Skippy guy is starting to scare me!! is this all he does is just get sites with titles on terrorist, looks like someone freinds or needs to get out of the house once in a while.

You have any comments on the topic? Or do you just try to make personal comments about posters? Careful mate...

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by NR
This Skippy guy is starting to scare me!! is this all he does is just get sites with titles on terrorist, looks like someone freinds or needs to get out of the house once in a while.

You have any comments on the topic? Or do you just try to make personal comments about posters? Careful mate...

your just scarin me thats all, very strange... but atleast try and remove that signature it doesnt even make sense

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I seriously think this region is highly neglected in discussions regarding terrorism and extremism.

indeed. There was a report in Foreign Affairs recently that discussed how the zarwaqiri branch of the insurgency was using the balkans as a sort of mid-point, a jump port for european muslims into iraq who've been radicalized, and a way-station for fighters from iraq who need to recuperate.

Banged my fists...

I thought you'd appreciate that!

top topics

join