It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Fox The Most secret Unit in the world?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds to me like "Grey Fox" is a temporary unit formed in those times of need - such as the Jimmy Doolittle raid on Japan. However, since there are refferences to it going back as far as 1981 .... it could be a contigiency plan for quickly assembling a covert group, or a group, itself.

It could also be a smoke screen to cover up covert groups - a way of pinning the responsibility on something else.

Either way - the only thing we can assume is that what this group represents is a snatch/grab team that is probably often used for recon and assisting in the arrival of mainstream units.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to get selected for this or a similar group. Of course - then you can't tell anyone about your findings.

Although, what are a special group of armed people and techno-gadgets usually used for? To make things dead and remain unseen.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
FYI, TF and other units routinely operate under different names. They have joint manning, and sometimes combined joint manning. They have a wide variety of skill sets that no one unit possesses.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
Sounds to me like "Grey Fox" is a temporary unit formed in those times of need - such as the Jimmy Doolittle raid on Japan. However, since there are refferences to it going back as far as 1981 .... it could be a contigiency plan for quickly assembling a covert group, or a group, itself.

That is exactly how the US military gets away with denying the existence of at least one group that I know of for sure...

[edit on 20-12-2006 by therainmaker]

mi5

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Surely Red Squirrel is the most secret operative group apart from Blue Elk and Orange Badger

Gerald Nabarro owned an Elk called Franky

[edit on 21-12-2006 by mi5]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Gray fox is featured somewhere...METAL GEAR SOLID. solid snakes unit is called gray fox..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Gray fox is featured somewhere...METAL GEAR SOLID. solid snakes unit is called gray fox..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
was that a helpful reference? No. And by the way it wasn't gray fox, it was foxhound and gray fox is a member. I don't think its related.

But this is interesting. I haven't read It all but I came across a point earlier on metioning that Saddam may have been killed by this unit? Hmmm a whole new perspective considering that he was just hanged...Hmmm or was he?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There's no such thing as a Grey Fox.

Its just a weather balloon, or a weather anomaly.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snake64_009
was that a helpful reference? No. And by the way it wasn't gray fox, it was foxhound and gray fox is a member. I don't think its related.

But this is interesting. I haven't read It all but I came across a point earlier on metioning that Saddam may have been killed by this unit? Hmmm a whole new perspective considering that he was just hanged...Hmmm or was he?

Saddam was hung by folks who at the minimum were sympathizers with Sadr's militias, if not members, on the side. That's what the uproar about the video footage was about. It's not helpful at minimizing sectarian violence between the Shia and Sunnis, having the Shia taunting Saddam at his execution on video.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
The American Special Forces is, frankly, a joke. During Aghanistan, the british Royal Marines were called in to replace climatized US forces atop of the highest mountains in Afganistan, on the simple basis that the US were not up to the job (The british forces hadnt acclimatized, etc).

I guess you're not one to "Deny Ignorance" eh? You receive the "Dumbest Post of the Decade" award. You have clearly demonstrated utter contempt of knowledge for all things related to military operations, especially concerning special ops or political processes.

Your statement regarding the USA not helping w/ the Falklands and relaying why you shouldn't be helping us now in Iraq really shows just how uneducated and uninformed you are. You're right, you shouldn't be helping us in Iraq, and it has nothing to do w/ the Falklands.

To denounce the entire American special forces and overall military structure as a joke is just plain ignorant. Especially when you base your uninformed opinions on isolated incidents and very general statistics. If you and your countrymen were so damn tough, I don't think there would be a United States of America to begin with.

I will be auto-ignoring all of your posts from this point forward. Just reading them kills more brain cells than a whole keg of Bass.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
deltaboy eh? Interesting name.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
I will be auto-ignoring all of your posts from this point forward. Just reading them kills more brain cells than a whole keg of Bass.

hi there,

Just FYI...

This thread was started in 2003, and browha hasn't logged in in 2 years.

TD

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cassini
[more)
I know of a friend's husband who was in the gray fox unit. her husband has told me some of the stories that has happen. I told him he needed to write a book about these experiences before his memory fails him.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If Gray Fox is the Activity then the Uk equivalent is SRR. They are very covert and dangerous.

www.eliteukforces.info...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cassini

You are either addressing "Grey Stone" a branch of Black Water or
Richard Wilson an 82nd sniper and a very special agent I had the pleasure to work with and call friend. Another similar agent was code named "Sandman" a Marine sniper.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I thought GI JOE was the most secret unit in the world, right after Foxhound, SHIELD, Rainbow Six, and Ghost Recon.

Maybe not.

Seriously though, any real compartmented units or cells are highly, highly unlikely to ever make its way to ATS. If somehow they do, expect a "glitch" in the Matrix and the offending ATS member who posted the info would disappear.

[edit on 19/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
MikeboydUS
Cobra Commander

Thanks, feel free to snap me out of nostalgia, yet another hazard of getting old. Just one more little indulgence.

When the Grey Fox died he was surrounded by his FBI provided wife and her boy, a widow and orphan from an ill fated but brave agent.

Before a month passed as I was deep in sleep he came to me in a dream and embraced me, shook my hand giving me his wide grin and said "I couldn't leave without telling you good bye." With that he turned and followed the Vietnamese girl away.

The reason anyone does what he did is out of love for friends. He was a member of Operation Phoenix, MACSOG. His actions in the end helped turn a Governor into an Attorney General.

Despite methods used to get jobs done I believe he earned his wings.

( Now if anyone wants to make me disappear come get some. I'm the team member that kept his fingers. )

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sounds like "The Activity" reincarnate. It's nothing with super-high speed graphics and aerodynamic aliens, but it's an officially non-existent group. They have a roster of possible members in active duty special forces units and when they need them, they are called up. Kind of like reservists, but without the weekends and parades.

It's controlled directly by the JCOS and they do some pretty cool missions. There's a book called "Killer Elite" available at pretty much any B&N or borders or Amazon. It's a pretty good book, check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join