It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Fox The Most secret Unit in the world?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: browha

Because the U.S. thought it was rather silly trying to hold onto an island half way around the world from you like it was your own when the islands really should go back to Argentina. Who do you think was protecting Britain while the bulk of your Navy was down south playing war with a much weaker army?? It would have been very foolish to unzip NATOs fly at that time just for your tiny island, the last hold out of the former mighty Empire lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GORGANTHIUM
Sounds like a off shoot unit from delta force.

More than likely a branch of them yes. The best would actually be an Air Force forward air controller. That job takes serious balls. Go in by yourself or only with a partner into hostile territory and call in intel while directing the war in your area from your hide while also working with indigenous forces loyal to your mission. I have not seen or heard of any spec ops who have to be that tough and have the brains to be an air traffic controller while getting shot at lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
They were created after the failed attempt to rescue the hostages held in Iran at the start of the 80s. They're hand picked from all the other agencies and from special forces.

Nope, that was Delta and Seal team 6

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: browha

Because the U.S. thought it was rather silly trying to hold onto an island half way around the world from you like it was your own when the islands really should go back to Argentina. Who do you think was protecting Britain while the bulk of your Navy was down south playing war with a much weaker army?? It would have been very foolish to unzip NATOs fly at that time just for your tiny island, the last hold out of the former mighty Empire lol.

I think you'll find the argentinean forces attacked an island full of people who saw themselves as British. For that reason alone it was justifiable to go to war. You come across as someone who doesn't understand the logistics of war when you describe it as playing war with a much weaker enemy down south.

It was an amphibious operation against prepared positions at the end of a supply chain that stretched the distance of two oceans minus a small island. How far away was Grenada from mainland USA when your special forces completely messed it up? A much weaker enemy than the Argentinians.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: sg1642
They were created after the failed attempt to rescue the hostages held in Iran at the start of the 80s. They're hand picked from all the other agencies and from special forces.

Nope, that was Delta and Seal team 6

No I'll think you will find delta was formed in the late 70s after beckwith spent time with the SAS and decided to base your special forces on them because he was that impressed and realised America didn't have anything like them. So you can spit all the limey crappy little island jokes you like. This thread is full of armchair warriors who've probably never served and it can be seen a mile off. Any US serviceman or operator I have met and worked with wouldn't be on here spouting the utter nonsense that some have been.

You might be reading the book but it was written by the boys in Hereford. I'll leave you now to wallow in your bitterness at that fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's hardly secret...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join