It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Scorched Earth Nuclear Holocaust Program...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
For those of you who have ever heard of the Soviet "Dead Hand" project, which would immediately and automatically launch every and all soviet nuclear weapon in the event of a loss of command by the soviet command structure:

In such a scenario, the Soviet Union constructed a program whereby in the event that the soviets lost command of the command structure, the entire soviet nuclear arsenal would launch at the US in order to completely destroy just about all life on the planet.

It would seem that the Soviets were not alone in this thinking...

This is TRULY Mutually Assured Destruction....

They�re for a situation where the U.S. government is crumbling during a time of war, and foreign takeover is imminent. We won�t capitulate. We basically have a scorched earth policy. If we are going to lose, we arm everything with cobalt�and I mean everything; we have jackets at nearly every missile magazine in the world, on land or at sea�and contaminate the world. If we can�t have it, nobody can.

www.nypress.com...&columns/zen.cfm

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't think a certain entity would allow tha to happen

I don't think a certain entity would allow that to happen

I don't think a certain entity would allow that to happen

repeat

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Did this entity stop millions to die in the holocost, no.

Did this entity stop ANY major man-made disastor or murder, no.

This "entity" won't do squat if this happens because he either a) doesnt care or B) Doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is the most horribly disturbing and selfish thing i've ever heard man. Hmm...we are lsing power...lets piddle on the entire world and all our own people too. What super intelligent beings we have as world leaders ay?

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sounds very evil.. someone needs to disarm U.S. from all WMDs..

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
when the planet is no longer suitable for habitation...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Did this entity stop millions to die in the holocost, no.

Did this entity stop ANY major man-made disastor or murder, no.

This "entity" won't do squat if this happens because he either a) doesnt care or B) Doesn't exist.

Pardon me Wolf, but God or "entity" has nothing to do with this.......
You want answers to your questions? Look at Mankind....there you will find them. No need to bring God or "entity" into this, nor into the "why" equation.
And your two alternatives: "a) doesn't care or b) doesn't exist" is unfounded and has no factual bearing on this topic nor any other. Sounds like an excuse or a matter of "denial." Nonetheless....look to man for the root of the problems...not God.

"They�re for a situation where the U.S. government is crumbling during a time of war, and foreign takeover is imminent. We won�t capitulate."

This article speaks of "a" worst case scenerio for the US. I see no alarm to this. Most nations have a "worse case" scenerio and diffently those that have nukes. This is like when your spaceship is being boarded and in threat of being taken over....instead of giving up, you set the ship on self-destruct, etc. Then the author throws in the controversial issue of "DU rounds".....

Till the US implements and replaces DU rounds, which they will be doing soon enough (there is a thread/topic on this and I believe Advisor intiated this topic and I dropped a site link in there showing that the US is going to replace DU rounds with an alternative), the issue of DU rounds will be a heated one.
Nagasaki and Hiroshima are sprawling and beautiful cities today....where's the hundreds of years of harmful radiation at?
The article was cool, but only describes a "worse case scenerio."

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Seekerof,

I do not disagree with most of what you mention. However, with regards to the radiation issue, the point to employing cobalt jackets on the nuclear warheads is because cobalt is readily irradiated to a very high degree, and granted it decays relatively quickly, it does so in a very intense fashion, making it ideal to create a very intense cloud of radioactive fallout.

I am at work, so cannot do too much research on the topic, but will try to generate some information about just how nasty such weapons could potentially be (similar to the neutron bomb).

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hasn't the Us governments plan always been "If we can't have it, no one can?" It just goes to show how stupid and irresponsible you can get when you let power go to your head.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Example:buy a new computer,squirt glue in all of the plugs and hardware of the old computer you are replacing,and take it out and dump it along the road somewhere.
My first good computer was found along the road like that,instead of learning how to go about reformatting the hard drive,and maybe giving the computer to someone that might have needed it,selling it at a garage sale ,whatever,the greedy little no mind thought it would be best to destroy it so no one else could use it and toss it along the road.
See the paralell logic?.
It starts down here in the mud,everything does.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

They�re for a situation where the U.S. government is crumbling during a time of war, and foreign takeover is imminent. We won�t capitulate. We basically have a scorched earth policy. If we are going to lose, we arm everything with cobalt�and I mean everything; we have jackets at nearly every missile magazine in the world, on land or at sea�and contaminate the world. If we can�t have it, nobody can.

I read this in another thread, bu, wouldn't it be amost impossible to invade the US?
Even if you killed all of our military personnel, justlook t howwell every US civilan is armed.
As to the US scrched Earth policy, we haven't employed Scorched Earth anywhere besides within our own borders during the two civil wars.
I doubt they would use all of our nuclea missles, there's still China and the Middle East. Plus ou British boys migt try to take back America.

Just my take on it,
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

I am at work, so cannot do too much research on the topic, but will try to generate some information about just how nasty such weapons could potentially be (similar to the neutron bomb).

Thats cool DR....college let out early today and for the rest of the week because of the impending hurricane but certainly would be interested in reading whatever you find pertaining to what you are talking about.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Bingo...

Gee, no wonder the EBEs don't want us in their little club, eh?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think this pretty much explains the significance of cobalt jackets added to nuclear warheads....

And pretty scary too...

The cobalt bomb uses cobalt in the shell, and the fusion neutrons convert the cobalt into cobalt-60, a powerful long-term (5 years) emitter of gamma rays. In general this type of weapon is a salted bomb and variable fallout effects can be obtained by using different salting isotopes. Gold has been proposed for short-term fallout (days), tantalum and zinc for fallout of intermediate duration (months), and cobalt for long term contamination (years). The primary purpose of this weapon is to create extremely radioactive fallout making a large region uninhabitable. No cobalt or other salted bomb has been built or tested publicly.

www.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I tend to see it this way:

While nuking everyone else in the world would be pointless, id rather see this country vaprozied, sterilized, and wiped out comepletely then to ever allow any foreign power to have control of the land or the people totally.

So, as far as scorching earth in America, better that then someone else taking it over.

Thankfully, there really isnt that much a threat of anyone taking over the US, or attacking us, at least not now. Thus, i dont fear that.

But if we went to war with somneone capable of doing it, id rather die, and the rest of the country scorched black and turned to sterile, unusable waste than to live as a slave under a foreign power, period.

And to make sure whoever was invading and destroying us, was bombarded with equal vhenemence, to take out as many of the miserable #ers as possible before we went out.

But what DR posted disturbs me. It said "imminent loss of power and command..". WHAT COMMAND< AND WHO lose the power is my question. Like, if there was an internal revolution, and....say, the Cabal was being overthrown and a real govornment was getting put into place.......

Is this what they would do as a last act of defiance?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm always entertained when I see UN bashers complain about the results global thermonuclear war would bring.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Damn that is some crazy ass #. How many nukes does the U.S. have in its arsenal? I read somewhere that about 60,000 nukes were a good number of nukes the U.S. had. Who knows? Maybe more? All I know is that 60,000 is A LOT of damn nukes, and nothing will survive that #. It's like a damn meteor hitting earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
No I can't agree with that, even a worst case scenario where the US was about to fall before some invading foreign power as bad as that would be doesn't justify blowing it off the face of the earth and poisoning the rest for years to come.

How would you feel if India or Pakistan had enough nukes to taint half the globe and threatened to use them all if they faced defeat. Its genocide and even if the worst happened while there's life there's the hope to overcome adversity but if there's nothing left...

top topics

join