It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request: HFN1 Survival Guide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know that Chris Ryan show that was on a while ago about how to survive different scenarios? And NrKy's 'Survivalism 101' podcast? Well can somebody who is experienced in all these biological warfare and 'how-to survive... etc' write or make a podcast about what to do incase HFN1 reaches your country or how to prepare for such a situation? Seal your home, what to buy/use etc.
I think it would be very useful. Anyone have any experience in this field?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok Heres one snippet

You know that episode of the Simpsons where it was Apu's wedding and Marge wanted to throw rice, Lisa said youre not supposed to thow rice because birds will eat it, their stomachs will swell and they'll explode! Since the governments are killing all the birds should we the citizens lend a helping hand? Or should we purchase F-16s from our local 'Dunnes Stores' (Big shop here in Ireland) and shoot them down?

Or we could just hurry the hell up and develop a vaccine!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
At this point it is easy, avoid birds. At a later stage its just as easy, avoid humans.

Just behave like you would with a normal influenza, this one is just more lethal.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Start taking 2000 mg of Vitamin C

Start using hand sanitizer instead of just soap

Google up some health sites to see what other immune boosting foods/supplements

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
okay okay, I'll get started on one, based on what I know so far...
A starter, take #loads of vit c, echinacea, GARLIC, and ginger.

Also, stay away from anything that could screw up your immune system... ie. excessive amounts of ALCOHOL, anti-biotics (eg. pennicillin), those programs that are designed to 'detox' your body (and destroy any chance of temporarily having a decent immune system, at least for a couple of weeks until your body fixes itself up).

If you need to go to the GP/hospital for a checkup, DO NOT GO WITHOUT A FLU MASK... hell knows how many times i've caught stuff from feral little kids in THERE! You may look like an idiot, but if people point and laugh at you, you can remind them of the irony of NOT wearing one and making fun of the people who ARENT gonna catch h5n1.

I'm not too sure about how well bird droppings could propagate h5n1, but it's worth looking into. Remember the black plague? It wasn't spread by the RATS, but by the fleas spread BY the rats. Secondary transmission methods are sometimes alternative carriers of epidemics. (FEMA books ROCK! read them, or find something similar)

^_^

[edit on 20-10-2005 by nrky]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Geez.. Yo uguys are really overexagurating..

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah well...well....em....er.....buffalo....Oh Oh Oh! The last one killed 20 million!...........people

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Geez.. Yo uguys are really overexagurating..

You, my friend, show the difference between those who will survive, and those who will sit back expecting the government to fix everything up. (hahaha, they did a great job at katrina, didnt they...)

top topics

join