It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Hate Water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just wondering... Does anyone else hate drinking water as much as I do?
I'm lucky if I drink 1-2 glasses a day, which, I don't measure because I don't drink it out of a glass, for some reason glass has a "Taste" to it.
I know we are mainly comprised of it, and we need it to function..

Water also has a taste to me, I think its the lack of taste it has that I don't like. I usually just drink straight from the faucet until, I'm not thirsty anymore. The only thing I drink is coffee or tea, mainly coffee, even during summer. I probably drink about 3 pots a day. I know this isn't healthy. Is there anything anyone can post to scare me to death to maybe make me want to start drinking it? Maybe give me some alternatives, that aren't sugar or artificial sweetener flavored either.I have a really bad allergic reaction to any artificial sweetener.

I know when I went through bootcamp my Drill sargents would sit there and force me to drink water and more often than not, I was on the ground doing pushups, because I would intentionally dump my canteen. I just can't bring myself to drink the stuff...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Water is my favorite drink :p

Most other drinks have too much sugar. I try not to drink that stuff unless it is a treat.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oh yes. I despise water. I have a limited income and sometimes run short on cash before paydays, so often run out of 'pop/soda/coke/etc.' It kills me to then have to drink water for a day to keep up with the normal diet coke addiction I have. The lack of caffiene also gives me a huge headache and when I get my fix again it is a huge comfort. Water just doesn't seem like it even quenches my thirst. I also hate the taste of nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I could never drink "8 glasses" a day or whatever, i've always been a huge milk drinker, Skim 1% 2% whole, it doesn't matter. The water here at my house (well) tastes fine, I mean nothing wrong with it, but I've always thought it's too.... plain.

Totally know where you're coming from in regards to low on funds, hating the taste of nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
I could never drink "8 glasses" a day or whatever,

I almost died when they made me drink 64 ounces a day when I was pregnant, not literally, but I would seriously gag. I don't do soda either...My other half just assumes I live because of osmosis, and from the foods I eat.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Our water supply (on the farm) tastes great, but I cant stand city water etc. bleh

Ill drink water all day, especially while working, but I cant drink water with a meal. Its just not right.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I fill a giant mug with ice cubes and plain tap water and drink a few of them every day. If I'm out for the day I take along a litre of frozen water and drink it as it melts. That way, it's always cold.

I've never been able to drink any sweet stuff like coke or pepsi, and I'm not a big fan of juice. Milk is just gross, so I haven't had a glass of that in almost 40 years.

The water in my city is pumped out of Lake Ontario and purified, and it really has no taste of chlorine or anything like that. Although every year around this time it does get a flavour similar to moss for a few weeks.

My favorite thing to drink will always be scotch on the rocks.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Oh yes. I despise water. I have a limited income and sometimes run short on cash before paydays, so often run out of 'pop/soda/coke/etc.' It kills me to then have to drink water for a day to keep up with the normal diet coke addiction I have. The lack of caffiene also gives me a huge headache and when I get my fix again it is a huge comfort. Water just doesn't seem like it even quenches my thirst. I also hate the taste of nothing.

Ben! I feel your pain, my friend. I've been addicted to Mt Dew for 20 years. The Pepsi Co should be giving me awards.

I'm going to try to give it up though. I have a week off during December this year so I'm going to take that week to suffer through the caffine withdrawal headaches, the constricting throat attacks, and the constant tired feeling.

I'm really hoping that by the end of that long week, I'll be able to drink water again.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I used to hate drinking water, couldn't pinpoint a reason, it was as if it tasted bad but had no taste...but now I drink it quite often.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Easy answer:

Get a water filter

Seriously, this is often enough to get rid of any "bad taste" in your local supply.

I'm a water drinker....I usually drink around 100 ounces/day; sometimes I'll add some fresh lime juice to it, sometimes a bit of lemon instead.

And sometimes - horror of horrors - I'll even drink it hot

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
And sometimes - horror of horrors - I'll even drink it hot

The loud boom you just heard was me falling off of my chair
But seriously, am I getting enough water being that Im drinking 3 pots of coffee a day? I know 3 pots isnt coming out...

I have tried filters, I own a brita pitcher, and I actually prefer the taste of philly water, quite simply, it has a taste, either that or my body is telling me I need more of a daily intake of lead

[edit on 9/28/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I hate water too....

We bought a filter and keep a nice cold pitcher of "it" in the fridge... I just don't like it...

Gimme, Pepsi, Coke, MtDew... anything but water... there will be times when I go days without so much as a drink of water....

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I Love Water, Water and Milk are the main drinks I drink. Soda and anything with too sugar is crappy, and makes you weak and tired. I drink like 4-5 bottles everyday, I feel great after drinking water, well except the part where you have to constantly piss. I dunno why so many of you hate water. Water is mother natures supplement, keeps you nice and fresh.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
keeps you nice and fresh.
[edit on 28-9-2005 by Striker122]

So does Massengil, but I'm NOT drinking that

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So does Massengil, but I'm NOT drinking that

ACK! Yeah, that stuffs gross! Vinegar and water just don't go well together!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You must encounter some crappy tasting water, oh wait I read "from the tap" ouch are you a sadomasochist?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Pretty much *cracks Whip*

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I love water not any type of water but Purified water I NEVER drink from the faucet. I drink around 1.5 gallons of water each day, Why so much? Because hell its an easy way to stay in shape besides it improves your skin. My skin is as soft as a babys ass and i'm not bull #ting hahah.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hate water, I try to drink it but I can't, I can only drink one "brand" of water and I have to make myself drink it and unfortunatly that "brand" isnt available to me half>thee quarters of the year (between countries).

I drink large quantities of pepsi or coke depending on what is cheapest. My stomach looks like I've been shot full spread by an M4... lol nahh but seriously. I once kicked a coke habbit for an entire year, the secret is lemon flavored ice tea.
But when ever I see one of those machines with the can covered in Ice.... the water just dripping down the can. It's as if an angel tell's me. Get out a dollar, you know you want to, just reach out......

ok I'll stop. Good luck

Vorta

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Problems of water solved, I was feeling pretty crappy the other night, was over a friends and he had a brita water filter pitcher thing. That was some GOOD water... mmm....mmm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join