It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to drink tap water. Chlorine is enough to deal with. Chlorine is in our water, it kills living things, but it's still there. And there are safer methods of purifying water, but we still get chlorine. We have a filter, but guess what? The filter gets rid of Cholorine taste and odor, but not chlorine. Upsetting.

Troy

[edit on 8-10-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is an interesting, Sunday, Oct. 16, 2005, TIME article on Fluoridation. Me thinks someone has been peekin' at me thread?

Not in My Water Supply

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Happens all the time loam.

Journalists with writer's block troll ATS looking for ideas. Got a cause? A pet peeve? Post your theory, back it up with some substantiating research - and it WILL be picked up if it has any merit at all. Re-worked of course. But, hey. Who cares?

UP the power of the free press.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
loam,

Great article. WATS to you!

I grew up in the country on well-water and so for the first 14 years of my life didn't have flouride in the water. There's some weird things that happen to the fingernails from well water as well - but there's no telling what was in it! LOL!

*shakes it off because I don't want to think about it*

Anyway, I don't like having all these chemicals in my water. And the unfortunate thing is you have to be real careful what bottled water you get or you'll end up buying some city's drinking water labeled disceptively!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I sure hope someone can answer this question ... is there anyway you can get the flouride out of your body once its been there for years? if so will health problems go away if caused by flouride?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks, Valhall!

Shar:

I don't know the answer to that. But what is clear is that you need to know how much you put there each day and try to avoid it. That's tough, because they don't print that on the packaging. My bigger concern would be with any children. The risk is greater with them.

It would be interesting to see how many companies would disclose that information if asked about it directly...

That would be a fascinating ATS project. Posters could add to a single thread corporate responses to the question of how much fluoride is in their product.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Dangerous flouride?

A Natick chemist whose research has linked fluoridated water to elevated levels of lead in children's blood is trying to convince state lawmakers to defeat a proposal that would mandate fluoridation of most public water supplies.

About 30 lawmakers are trying to require adding fluoride to water supplies that serve at least 5,000 people. Dental groups and many public health agencies, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, promote fluoridating tap water because they say it prevents tooth decay.

But some researchers have concluded that fluoridated water is harmful to children's health, including Natick chemist Myron Coplan and Roger Masters, president of the Foundation for Neuroscience and Society at Dartmouth College and the college's Nelson A. Rockefeller Professor of Government Emeritus.

Coplan and Masters linked fluoridated water to elevated lead levels in the blood of children ages 0 to 6 in research published in the December 2000 issue of the journal Neurotoxicology.

Coplan, 83, retired in 1987 and has been collaborating with Masters for eight years in an ongoing study of environmental toxins and their effect on children's health and behavior.

This week, the two researchers warned that elevated blood lead levels in children cause cognitive impairment and suppressed impulse control in written testimony submitted to the Legislature's Joint Committee on Public Health, which has scheduled a public hearing on the fluoride proposal for today. "Evidence published in peer-reviewed journals indicates that chronic ingestion of (fluoride)-treated water is a cause of elevated blood lead in children," Coplan and Masters wrote in their testimony. "Independent, new research has provided an explanation for the elevated blood lead. Unexpected amounts of lead are extracted from brass plumbing fixtures by water in which (a type of fluoride known as fluosilicic acid) is combined with chlorine or chloramine disinfectants."

more...

Not good.... not good at all....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Is Flouride in water a "good idea" that isn't really a good idea, or is it something more sinister?

Troy

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Is Flouride in water a "good idea" that isn't really a good idea, or is it something more sinister?

Troy

It's not a good idea...at all. The myth of dental benefits is grossly mispropagated and highly confused in the public forum. All things considered......it's forced medication on an unwitting population.

I did a thread regarding fluoridation back in January.......and I have to say Loam......Spot on...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Arrgghhh I need to stop this......

This subject has great timing...our wonderful state premier has just announced he is introducing Fluoride to our water supply here in Queensland Australia, citing our dental health issue. Now the thing is see, we have public dental for poor people here but there is a ten year waiting list. So I think as a scapegoat and to look like he is doing something Beattie has decided to add fluoride to our drinking water. I want people here to become aware of these issues.

In NSW I had fluoride in water and was diagnosed with a severe joint disease. Calcification on my shoulders and so on... I didn't think about fluoride and the effect it may have had on that until I moved to a farm and drank spring water and the problems settled down. Then moved back to a fluoridated area and it flared again. Still didn't connect it until I moved to Queensland to a non fluoridated supply and yup once again it settled and is now pretty weel non existant. There may have been other environmental factors involved but still I started to wonder about Fluoride and now four years later free of pain they are going to fluoridate our water.....

I can't sit by and let them just do it....

I think I will send the newspaper the link to this thread and quote passages from it and somehow try and alert the people to the dangers....

I Like how the reports say that Premier Beatttie is offering to take over the control of the water supply from local governments and put the fluroide in.. Sinister ..whats the real agenda...

Fluoride And Bone Cancer

www.ewg.org...
EWG recognizes the value of fluoride to dentistry, yet a substantial and growing body of peer-reviewed science strongly suggests that adding fluoride to tap water is not the safest way to achieve the dental health benefits of fluoridation. Over the past ten years a large body of peer-reviewed science has raised concerns that fluoride may present unreasonable health risks, particularly among children, at levels routinely added to tap water in American cities. This strong body of science has taken concerns about the health hazards of fluoride from the fringe to the mainstream of the scientific establishment. ewly obtained documents show that the chairman of the Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology at Harvard told federal officials unequivocally that there was no relationship between fluoride and bone cancer, but a grant-funded publication he cites found exactly the opposite.

Fluoride Alert - Australian News Stories
www.fluoridealert.org...

Queensland Government Fluoride Propaganda Site
www.health.qld.gov.au...

Councils mad as fluoride debate deepens
Wednesday Oct 19 09:33 AEST

news.syd.ninemsn.com.au...
The Queensland government has outraged local councils by offering to take control of the state's water supplies from them to implement statewide fluoridation.
The government made the offer as part of a plan to fix the state's health system and bring children's dental care in line with other states.
Premier Peter Beattie has costed the plan at about $6 million.
The Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ) described the estimate as "a sick joke". It said it would cost 10 times that amount, and the state opposition called it "woefully inadequate".
Mr Beattie said the state government was more than willing to implement water infrastructure and take over water reticulation.
"If the councils are concerned about introducing it (fluoridation) and the costs, then I say to the councils hand your water over to us and we'll do it," he said.

Rot sets in as councils revolt on fluoride bill

The Australian
PREMIER Peter Beattie is facing a revolt from some of Queensland's most powerful councils over who will pay for the introduction of fluoride into the state's water supplies to combat a rising public dental bill and the nation's worst rate of tooth decay.
Health Minister Stephen Robertson yesterday moved to play down attacks from councils that the move would impose a heavy financial burden, arguing fluoridation could be achieved for an annual cost of less than $2 a person.
Announcing his support this week for fluoridation, Mr Beattie said his Government would cover the capital cost of councils fluoridating water supplies for communities with more than 5000 people.
But cabinet's decision not to fund the continuing cost of water fluoridation - estimated at more than $3million a year - has infuriated councils.
Local Government Association of Queensland executive director Greg Hallam accused Mr Beattie yesterday of short-changing councils to the tune of $56.5million over the next 30 years.

Fluoride theory proves watertight

The Australian
A MASSIVE study of more than 250,000 children revealed almost 70 per cent of kids living in non-fluoridated areas had more dental decay.
The study is the second within a week to highlight the impact of fluoridation on children's dental health.
"The study shows that water fluoridation significantly reduces the occurrence of dental decay in school children," said Jason Armfield, a researcher at the Australian Centre for Population Oral health at the University of Adelaide.
"The results present a powerful case for the extension of water fluoridation to those parts of NSW currently without fluoridation."
Fluoridation was introduced in Australia more than 50 years ago. However, only 70 per cent of Australia's population has access to fluoridated water.

Local Councils Chew Up Fluoride Plan

www.abc.net.au...
The State Government's six million dollar offer to councils to fluoridate water supplies has been roundly criticised as inadequate by Wide Bay councils.
The proposal gives Queensland councils five years to get financial help with the cost of introducing fluoride to the drinking water supplies of communities with more than 5,000 people.
Maryborough Mayor Barb Hovard is unimpressed with the snap decision.
“I'm not happy about having this decision dumped on us overnight, just to get more cookie points for the Premier,” Cr Hovard says.
“Obviously it will save mega-bucks for the health department, so I do understand where they’re coming from.”
Hervey Bay deputy mayor, Mick Kruger, says 6 million dollars won't go nearly far enough.

Why is everyone in my home state apathetic ... why will they just LET this happen.....

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Why is everyone in my home state apathetic ... why will they just LET this happen.....

Actually, I wonder the same. Seems odd so few question the issue- even here on this board. What is up with that?

Great post BTW, so sorry to hear of its direct impact on you... Keep yelling...someone might eventually listen.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well this would kill the entire debate, wouldn't it?

Vaccine against tooth decay successful in animal tests: researchers

Portuguese scientists said they had developed an experimental vaccine against tooth decay which was successful in laboratory tests on rats and could pave the way for a version that works for humans.

"What we found is that the animals which were vaccinated with this protein developed much smaller lesions than the control group which had not been vaccinated," said Paula Ferreira, one of three Oporto University researchers who worked on the vaccine.

"There is still a long road to travel (for a human version). Before that experimental models which are closer to man need to be tested, namely in monkeys, and for that financing is needed," she told Lisbon-based TSF radio.

Rats were used to test the experimental vaccine because the type of tooth decay they develop is similar to that which occurs in humans, she added.

The three scientists have already patented the vaccine in Portugal and are working on doing so in the United States where they are also seeking funding to further their research, Ferreira said.

Tooth decay, or cavities, is one of the most common health complaints in the world. It is caused when acids produced by bacteria that are normally present in the mouth eat away at a tooth.

Researchers in various countries have sought to develop a vaccine which would eliminate the bacteria that creates this acid from the mouth in order to prevent tooth decay from forming.

I say the various municipalities should discontinue their fluoridation programs and apply the taxpayer's money to further this type of research. No?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I say the various municipalities should discontinue their fluoridation programs and apply the taxpayer's money to further this type of research. No?

Alternatives yes. But vaccines? Not my preference. Why not a good old-fashioned bacteriophage?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Why not a good old-fashioned bacteriophage?

But what would the mouthwash bottle labels look like?

Gratuitous Bacteriophage Image

Seriously, though, would they be any safer than a vaccine?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Seriously, though, would they be any safer than a vaccine?

Very funny.

And yes - of course bacteriophages would be safer than vaccines. Although we may not share the same opinion on the dangers of vaccines...

We have some good links here on phages - but I am past ready for bed, so you're on your own mon ami.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers...I'm back after a break :-)

flukemol...

> it is ok to brush your teeth with but like it says not ingest

Do NOT brush your teeth with it...it's a Class A poison and will be
absorbed by you gums...BAD ! :-)

> Chlorine is in our water, it kills living things, but it's still
> there. And there are safer methods of purifying water, but we still
> get chlorine

cybertroy...

Exactly ! Why add a POISONOUS GAS to drinking water ?

---

See my thread, here, for some of the history of Fluoride
and it's links with use in anti-depressants :

communities.anomalies.net...

And here for a well researched article :

www.gjne.com... :

...which I quote from...

"PROFESSIONAL TESTIMONY:
The following letter was received by the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, Milwaukee Wisconsin, on 2 October 1954, from Mr. Charles Perkins, a chemist:

"I have your letter of September 29 asking for further documentation regarding a statement made in my book, The Truth About Water Fluoridation, to the effect that the idea of water fluoridation was brought to England from Russia by the Russian Communist Kreminoff.

"In the 1930's, Hitler and the German Nazi's envisioned a world to be dominated and controlled by a Nazi philosophy of pan-Germanism. The German chemists worked out a very ingenious and far-reaching plan of mass-control which was submitted to and adopted by the German General Staff. This plan was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water supplies. By this method they could control the population in whole areas, reduce population by water medication that would produce sterility in women, and so on. In this scheme of mass-control, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place. ...

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination, by slowly poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him. [A convenient invisible lobotomy]

"The real reason behind water fluoridation is not to benefit children's teeth.

If this were the real reason there are many ways in which it could be done that are much easier, cheaper, and far more effective.

The real purpose behind water fluoridation is to reduce the resistance of the masses to domination and control and loss of liberty."

---

I have a working theory, yet to be posted with research, that, as mentioned
above, it was the Nazis that discoverd the behavioural altering effects of
Fluorine in their human experimentation. These same 'scientists' were then,
I suspect, transferred to the USA in 'Operation Paperclip'...I have heard that
Mengele was part of this transfer...horribly astounding, if true...I mean after
all /that/ off WW2 and they transfer WHO ? Mmmm.

There are other threads to this story such as the A-Bomb part at the start of
this post...but it seems...as I suspect...that some of these scientists went on
to work in the Psychiatric Drug industries, using their knowledge to alter the
behaviour of more willing 'patients'...very sad :-( ( see www.drugawareness.org... )

Maybe someone knows of some verifiable sources on these subjects :-)

djbarney

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
djbarney,

I'm glad you are a member here.

We think along the same lines.

Troy

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anyone know if any of this stuff is in the water in England?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
cybertroy...

> We think along the same lines.

With my developing theory ?

Faceless...

Here's a UK government map....hav'nt actually checked my local water
filtration plant to confirm though :-/

www.defra.gov.uk...

djbarney

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We think along the same lines in regards to drug awareness, food additives, and stuff.

Have you seen the "Flouride to go" bottles of water? I guess it's like filtered water with Flouride added? Someone must really be concerned about our teeth.

Troy

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join