It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

EPA Standard for Fluoride in Drinking Water Is Not Protective; Tooth Enamel Loss, Bone Fractures of Concern at High Levels

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's standard for the maximum amount of fluoride allowed in drinking water -- 4 milligrams of fluoride per liter of water -- does not protect against adverse health effects, says a new report from the National Academies' National Research Council. According to the most recent data, just over 200,000 Americans have drinking water sources containing fluoride levels at 4 mg/L or higher. The committee that wrote the report concluded that children exposed to the current maximum allowable concentration risk developing severe tooth enamel fluorosis, a condition characterized by discoloration, enamel loss, and pitting of the teeth. A majority of the committee also concluded that people who consume water containing that much fluoride over a lifetime are likely at increased risk for bone fractures.

The report does not examine the health risks or benefits of the artificially fluoridated water that millions of Americans drink, which contains 0.7 to 1.2 mg/L of fluoride. Although many municipalities add fluoride to drinking water for dental health purposes, certain communities' water supplies or individual wells contain higher amounts of naturally occurring fluoride; industrial pollution can also contribute to fluoride levels in water. Because high amounts of fluoride can be toxic, EPA places a cap, or maximum contaminant level, on fluoride concentrations in drinking water in order to prevent adverse health effects.

Although the agency's current maximum contaminant level for fluoride in drinking water is 4 mg/L, a so-called secondary level of 2 mg/L was set by EPA to protect against cosmetic dental effects linked to excess fluoride consumption. According to the most recent data, about 1.4 million people have water with 2 mg/L of fluoride.

More...

Of course, don't forget the hidden amounts you get from the consumption of food products.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good info Loam...

thank goodness they are finally admitting that it is a scam. (sort of)
Hopefully this will result in more and more communities reducing, or halting the addition of Flouride to water...

we get more than enough from food...

One thing, remind me if you know, but isn't the natural flouride in food slightly less toxic to us, than the form they add artifically?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

One thing, remind me if you know, but isn't the natural flouride in food slightly less toxic to us, than the form they add artifically?

se my last post on p3 - Naturally it's CaF, which is, according to my sources, much less toxic

www.fluoridedebate.com...
This was proven in a study called, "Comparative Toxicity of Fluorine Compounds." After this study was completed, this statement was made: " ... this meant a daily intake of approximately 40 mg/kg of fluorine from sodium fluoride as compared with 3400 mg/kg from calcium fluoride. Therefore, from the standpoint of lethal concentrations and amount of fluorine necessary to cause growth inhibition, wide differences in toxicity of some of the compounds of fluoride were noted

link from last page essenes.net...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks, Long Lance!

Only one problem, I'm not sure you can bank on the fluoride found in food production being the less toxic version... This is an aspect that certainly merits more research. I'll see what I can did up.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Only one problem, I'm not sure you can bank on the fluoride found in food production being the less toxic version... This is an aspect that certainly merits more research. I'll see what I can did up.

It depends, If it's a residue from using flouridated water for processing, it's NaF or H2SiF6, ie. most toxic...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Last year I lived in Spokane, Wa, USA and they were trying to pass a law to put fluoride in the water, it was voted down. The folks I talked to up there said it was like the third time they tried to pass it, but it kept getting voted down overwhelmingly!

I had a baby while living there, and she was 2 1/2 when we moved. She had perfect teeth, I thought it was my careful brushing, giving her mostly water and breastmilk to drink....

Then we moved far away, to the city my hubby (who has very discolored teeth) grew up in, within 6 mos my child has developed pits and very ugly discolored spots on her teeth and they are beginning to show bad decay. I've given her the exact same care! The only difference is the water.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really hate quoting anything from Rense, but this one really ticked me off...

DOW Wants To Spray Fluoride On Your Food

DOW Chemical has been lobbying the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to allow it to spray a new fluoride-based pesticide (sulfuryl fluoride) on hundreds of foods prepared in the US.

If DOW gets its way, sulfuryl fluoride will become a major new source of fluoride, making it even more difficult for consumers to avoid fluoride in their daily lives.

What's worse, the levels of fluoride allowed to be sprayed on food will be shockingly high: 70 ppm for processed foods, 130 ppm for wheat products, and 900 ppm for dried eggs!

More...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
considering these people's insistence on spreading flouride compounds (have you seen this before?) i'm starting to seriously wonder what kind of long term effect the stuff has... i mean there's got to be a logical explanation - is it really about mind control?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dunno, Long Lance. It's hard to see what's in play...

Seems crazy to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What pisses me off about this loam.. is about a year ago I go to the dentist and the ba$*ard says..."you dont brush your teeth"... I looked at this jerk and said... actually smar a$$.. I brush them three or four times a day!

I said maybe the toothpaste and drinking water have sopmething to do with it.

Thanks to the discovery of Flourosis.. I can now go back to this moron and say... see I told you you stupid jack a$$es that I was being poisoned!

just another conspiracy.. par for the course in todays world I am afraid.

*edit-self censoring....again boy I am not having a good day....lol

[edit on 30-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I haven't gone through this whole thread yet, but yesterday I spoke to a friend of mine who is a medical student about this, since I've seen it on the board a couple of times.

He said that fluoride is an 'essential' requirement to make calcium structures, and that the fluoride acts as some type of chemical lock on the bonds (he couldn't remember the type of bonding) so that it is a stable structure. He acknowledged the possibility of fluorosis (sp?) but he said that the amount in drinking water is way, way less than enough to cause this.

Interestingly, after he told me this, I told him that I had asked him because I had heard (on ATS) that some people believe fluoride in drinking water is harmful to your health. His response was what interested me. Instead of thinking I was talking about the sleepiness/lack of alertness that people mention here, he mentioned that some people also believe that fluoride is a carcinogen, although he didn't seem to believe that. He thought it was quite amusing that some people thought it would affect one's mental faculties.

I bring this up because my friend is definitely in the 'mainstream' of medical opinion, and so this is likely to be what the vast majority of doctors and dentists believe, and the reason that likely nothing is to be done or little to no research will happen in this area. My friend said that as far as the medical community is concerned, the value of fluoride in drinking water is proven beyond a doubt.

I might take a look for some medical papers on this issue, if I can find any, both for and against the use of fluoride. This is an important issue, because it affects almost everybody. This issue needs to be researched so that we know with absolute certainty whether fluoride in water is good or bad.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You have voted loam for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Wow! Such a convincing thread! i have heard some about this over the years but your post was just full of info, great presentation!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When my sister was really young (birth-age 4), the area we lived in had just started fluoridating their water. Because she was so young her body got used to the extra fluoride.
Then we moved to an area that had unfluoridated water, and now that she's older she has to take fluoride tablets and take special care of her teeth because they are very fragile.

While the fluoride was meant to protect her teeth, it screwed her teeth up instead.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Someone in another thread mentioned Fluoride in the drinking water, so I searched and found this thread and thought I'd add my personal spin.

I truely believe that F had to be introduced to counter biological components introduced from the study of warfare that was conducted by the Japanese during WWII in China.

They used to pollute entire rivers and streams and kill off the population. And much like the technology we gleaned from the Germans after the war, this was indoctrinated. Being highly experimental, though, things got a little out of hand.

I in no way think it was intentional, but everyone knows biological items are unpredictable, at best.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I can say this so far about tap water, since I stop drinking tap water and just use bottle water the littler head aches I use to have are gone.

Coincidence or just mind games but it works for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

original quote by: marg6043
I can say this so far about tap water, since I stop drinking tap water and just use bottle water the littler head aches I use to have are gone.

Coincidence or just mind games but it works for me.

it seems, at least according to this article, that it may be more than "mind games"

Facts About Flouride
So, what are some of the facts about fluoride? According to the handbook, Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, fluoride is more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. It is a cumulative poison that accumulates in bone over the years. According to the Physicians Desk Reference, "in hypersensitive individuals, fluorides occasionally cause skin eruptions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema, or urticaria. Gastric distress, headache, and weakness have also been reported. These hypersensitive reactions usually disappear promptly after discontinuation of the fluoride."

source: healthy.net

I took that quote from in the middle of the article to illustrate my point. But it really is another interesting article that echoes what Loam has been saying from the start of this thread.

I am glad I dont use toothpaste with flouride either... since they use Sodium Flouride and not Calcium Flouride which Toms of maine has a brand that does have Cal Fl. I have noticed my teeth have not been degenerating nearly as bad as they did before I cut flouride out of my life. My wife also has me taking some other natural remedies that expel toxins from your system. So combine those with the reverse osmosis I use for my drinking and washing water and bam... no more flourosis.

[edit on 9/9/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks Tone23, for that quote.

Your wife is a smart lady she knows what she is doing, I have done detox onces a week for a few years and is the best way to keep the body clean and working fine, it does help with toxins that accumulates with all the stuff we eat and drink plus it helps with weight management.

Yes I will never go back to regular water again.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Source

Luke had 11 cadavers analyzed in the UK. As she predicted she found astronomically high levels of fluoride in the calcium hydroxy apatite crystals produced by the gland. The average was 9000 ppm and went as high as 21,000 in one case. These levels are at, or higher, than fluoride levels in the bones of people suffering from skeletal fluorosis. It is these findings which have just been published.

it goes on:

Significance? Huge. Melatonin is reponsible for regulating all kinds of activities and there is a vast amount of work investigating its possible roles in aging, cancer and many other life processes. The one activity that Luke is particularly interested in is the onset of puberty. The highest levels of melatonin ( produced only at night) is generated in young children. It is thought that it is the fall of these melatonin levels which acts like a biological clock and triggers the onset of puberty. In her gerbil study she found that the high fluoride treated animals were reaching puberty earlier than the low fluoride ones.

Question: who's to gain from earlier puberty?? is it only a side effect and the real goal is actually constant deprivation of useful sleep? any ideas?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but when you look how fluoride was first used it is very obvious what the purpose of fluoridization is:

the very first occurrence of purposefully putting sodium fluoride into drinking water was in the German ghettos and in Nazi Germany's infamous prison camps. The Gestapo you see had little concern about sodium fluoride's 'supposed' effect on children's teeth; instead, their reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to STERILIZE HUMANS and force the people in their concentration camps into calm, bovine, submission.

members.iimetro.com.au...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but when you look how fluoride was first used it is very obvious what the purpose of fluoridization is:

German ghettos and in Nazi Germany's infamous prison camps.

members.iimetro.com.au...

Exactly - to get the masses complacent

HEALTH EFFECTS: Fluoride & the Brain

"it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain."
SOURCE: National Research Council. (2006). Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. National Academies Press, Washington D.C. p 187.

"Studies in animals and human populations suggest that fluoride exposure, at levels that are experienced by a significant proportion of the population whose drinking water is fluoridated, may have adverse impacts on the developing brain. Though no final conclusions may be reached from available data, the findings are provocative and of significant public health concern."
SOURCE: Schettler T, et al. (2000). Known and suspected developmental neurotoxicants. pp. 90-92. In: In Harms Way - Toxic Threats to Child Development. Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility: Cambridge, MA. (See report)

“Fluorides also increase the production of free radicals in the brain through several different biological pathways. These changes have a bearing on the possibility that fluorides act to increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.”
SOURCE: National Research Council. (2006). Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. National Academies Press, Washington D.C. p 186.

“Studies of populations exposed to different concentrations of fluoride should be undertaken to evaluate neurochemical changes that may be associated with dementia. Consideration should be given to assessing effects from chronic exposure, effects that might be delayed or occur late-in-life, and individual susceptibility.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join