It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and U.S. Will Back Down Over WMDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
First, they 'sex up' the dossier and now that they haven't found any WMD's, they're gonna change their mind and say it wasn't even because of that ... *shakes head*. And the 'unaccountables' may have been bad bookkeeping after all! (or maybe even people exaggerating the reports in order to impress the boss).

Do they not realize how stupid they look??? I mean do they actually think that people will believe them? I shouldn't even say that because I'm sure there will be ... that's what's so sad.

Britain and the US have combined to come up with entirely new explanations of why they went to war in Iraq as inspectors on the ground prepare to report that there are no weapons of mass destruction there.

The "current and serious" threat of Iraq's WMD was the reason Tony Blair gave for going to war, but last week the Prime Minister delivered a justification which did not mention the weapons at all. On the same day John Bolton, US Under-Secretary of State for arms control, said that whether Saddam Hussein's regime actually possessed WMD "isn't really the issue".

The 1,400-strong Iraq Survey Group, sent out in May to begin an intensive hunt for the elusive weapons, is expected to report this week that it has found no WMD hardware, nor even any sign of active programmes. The inspectors, headed by David Kay, a close associate of President George Bush, are likely to say the only evidence it has found is that the Iraqi government had retained a group of scientists who had the expertise to restart the weapons programme at any time.

Foreshadowing the report, Mr Bolton said the issue was not weapons, or actual programmes, but "the capability that Iraq sought to have ... WMD programmes".

Full Story

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This crap really ticks me off. Bush is a war criminal. I sure hope he's removed from office next election....or even sooner, if possible. The guy's a quack! He should be held accountable for what he's done.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, there was an important man who made a strong case for war in Iraq on the basis that their ability to develop WMD in the future was a big enough threat that we needed regime change through military means.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

" Iraq has spent the past 30 years building up an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction (WMD). Although the current threat presented by Iraq militarily is modest, both in terms of conventional and unconventional weapons, it has never given up its intent to develop and stockpile such weapons for both military and terrorist use."

Who wrote this article, non other than the Government scientist Dr David Kelly, Kelly gives us the real story of why regime change was probably needed, but this case wasn't enough for the Government. Kelly says the current threat is 'modest', Blair says 'serious', now Kelly is the Iraq WMD expert, so who was Blair listening to when he said the threat was serious?

Well here is Tony Blair's forewordin the Dossier, see how many lies you can spot, it's good fun.

politics.guardian.co.uk...

"In recent months, I have been increasingly alarmed by the evidence from inside Iraq that despite sanctions, despite the damage done to his capability in the past, despite the UN Security Council Resolutions expressly outlawing it, and despite his denials, Saddam Hussein is continuing to develop WMD, and with them the ability to inflict real damage upon the region, and the stability of the world."

what a complete joke that paragraph now looks, the PM has some serious explaining to do.

Does anyone else think that the Mossad were feeding their UK 'allies' a complete load of bull$hit regrding Iraq's WMD activity and capability?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for those links.
It was certainly an interesting read.

I can't wait to see what they're gonna say this week when the WMD reports come out.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is so odd to me. Not the fact that they didn't find any WMD, but that they didn't just go ahead and plant some to vindicate themselves. Why make this attack look so blatantly bad? Does Bush and co. like looking like evil fools?

I guess at this point U.S./NWO power is so consolidated that they don't even care to cover their tracks. Absolutely nobody can stop them now.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
From the original source...
The characterizations of Bush and Blair backing down from WMD does not match the detail in the article. The author is just trying to strike a 'pre-emptive blow' against the Kay announcement by characterizing it this way.....
This article goes against the earlier reports about Kay's reports - that he had a "motherlode" of evidence pointing to a WMD program.
Didn't Kay tell Tom Brochov that they had found alot of information and it would come out in a report this fall? I can't remember.

Little side note: Today there are binary weapons. A warhead with chemicals kept in separate compartments which are mixed when detonated. Easier to store and handle.
Each chemical by itself is not deadly.

Also, all this has been likened to by "coffee" by some of the troops over in Iraq: One of the special force soldiers engaged in the search for WMD commented that WMD's is like a cup of coffee. We've found the coffee maker, the coffee, the cream, the sugar, the spoon. Just no made coffee as of yet.

Just for the '#z and giggles' effect, here are Bush's actual quotes:

"If the Iraqi regime wishes peace, it will immediately and unconditionally forswear, disclose and remove or destroy all weapons of mass destruction, long-range missiles and all related material."

"If the Iraqi regime wishes peace, it will immediately end all support for terrorism and act to suppress it, as all states are required to do by U.N. Security Council resolutions."

"If the Iraqi regime wishes peace, it will cease persecution of its civilian population, including Shi'a, Sunnis, Kurds, Turkomans and others � again as required by Security Council resolutions."

"If the Iraqi regime wishes peace, it will release or account for all Gulf War personnel whose fate is still unknown. It will return the remains of any who are deceased, return stolen property, accept liability for losses resulting from the invasion of Kuwait, and fully cooperate with international efforts to resolve these issues as required by the Security Council resolutions."

"If the Iraqi regime wishes peace, it will immediately end all illicit trade outside the oil-for-food program. It will accept U.N. administration of funds from that program, to ensure that the money is used fairly and promptly for the benefit of the Iraqi people."

www.cbsnews.com...

I'm looking quite forward to the WMD report myself.....
WIll it be skewed or truth?

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm looking quite forward to the WMD report myself.....
WIll it be skewed or truth?

I'll give you one guess, but only one.

It will say Iraq had programs to develop WMD in the future. Not that Iraq was a current and immenent threat as TB said in his dossier.

TB was lying and this is fact, he will be weakened by this. Why did he feel the need to "skew" the truth? we may never know, but he certainly felt it necessary.

new topics

top topics

join